Trip Report The Goodbye Childhood.....HELLO DISNEY! TR

Soooo... I've been back home for approximately 72 hours, give or take a few. So I figured it was time to begin my TR!!

If you would like to read my PTR, it's located here.

Here's a little disclaimer before I get started, all my pictures were taken on and Iphone 4. So sorry if they quality isn't perfect :D I have a little point and shoot camera but carrying it around and remembering I have it doesn't work for me haha. So I usually use my phone.

Now, let's get this report started!!!!!!

We all woke up on Thursday (4/3/14) around 6am, I woke up a little earlier but refused to leave my bed until I was ready! That's how I am haha. Definitely not a morning person. I made myself some coffee and decided it was time to get ready, I had a date with a mouse!!!

My dad and sister packed the car pretty quickly, but not before making the necessary "Gosh Jess, did you pack your closet for a 4 day trip?" comments. Every trip I get them. I like to have options in the parks for outfits!! Sue me.

I have no pictures for the first few hours of our trip, forgive me. It was dark out and I was exhausted. After we got the car packed, we brought our dog, Nala (like the lion king :) we are a VERY Disney family haha) to my grandparents. We said our goodbyes to her and we were off by 6:30!! We got on the Florida Turnpike northbound and drove.... and drove.... and drove..... now I don't remember almost any of this because I was not feeling very well and passed out! I woke up as we were parking at Cracker Barrel.

Now this is when the whole not feeling well thing really kicked in. I got out of the car and got super nauseous. I ran back to the car to get my water and to drink it away. I really thought I was going to be sick right there. Thank God, It went away and inside I got a coke hoping the bubbles would help my tummy.

Thankfully the coke did help and I was starting to feel better. We ordered our food and it came out pretty quick. I wish we had a CB closer to us... oh well haha. I got biscuits and gravy with hashbrown casserole. YUM!!!! After eating, we all went to the bathrooms, we were not stopping until we got there! I got a water to go, in case I didnt feel well again haha. Here I am being a dork... FIRST PICTURE OF THE TRIP!

IMG_4732_zps6d067da4.jpg

We all piled back into the car for the next leg of the journey. I fell asleep AGAIN! Which is unheard of. I can never fall asleep in cars so this was amazing haha. I woke up as soon as we got off the turnpike. That's a new record!

After that I was ready and excited, so I did what anyone would do, take pictures and annoy their siblings in the process.

IMG_4734_zps234a2918.jpg

SMILE ASHLEY! She wanted nothing to do with me.

About 10 minutes after we got off the turnpike, I saw this beauty in the distance...
IMG_4736_zpsc6d09398.jpg

Closer....
IMG_4737_zps4bbc388b.jpg

AND CLOSER....

IMG_4738_zps5aef9a06.jpg

WE'RE HERE!!!!!

As everyone else knows, once we passed under that sign, all our troubles were left in the outside world.

We got to WDW by about 10:30am. Pretty good timing!

We drove a little and made our way to DTD to get our passes. We just renewed our Florida Resident Seasonal Passes for the year... This was the first time I had to be an "adult" and buy my own... I wanna be Peter Pan and never grow up haha.

Now, DTD Is doing A LOT of work right now, and it just so happens that my sister is TERRIFIED of cranes... Well we were driving in and saw about 10 of them. This is the reaction we got...

IMG_4739_zps0ebd2140.jpg

That picture just makes me happy haha.. I'm evil :D

IMG_4740_zps29adb133.jpg

This is her saying "You don't understand!!"

And of course.. the cranes themselves..
IMG_4741_zps756fbe57.jpg

Once we were done laughing at Ashley's expense. We parked and got out. We were finally walking on WDW property! I saw these windows and HAD to take pictures, even if they did come out this bad..
IMG_4742_zps77a8b5dc.jpg

IMG_4742_zps77a8b5dc.jpg
IMG_4744_zps4ef16fcf.jpg

I love Frozen... it's pretty sad haha

After that, we went over to Guest Relations, got our passes, linked them to our magic bands and we were back in the car to head to the resort... Would our room actually be ready this early???? Guess you will just have to wait and find out....

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
Great TR so far... will continue lurking and awaiting the next installment. Gonna have to keep an eye out for the M & Gs in SOA now. Thanks for that little insight.
I had no idea they did the M&G's there it was awesome! Thanks for following along! :)

You hit a pretty good jackpot there with the characters! Lovin the army men!!!! They are one of my favs!
They're some of my favorites too! They're always hilarious haha. Thanks for following :)

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
Hello all! Sorry it's been a little bit since my last post :/ Work has been psycho... I work for a scrub company and it is our busy season. I've been working A LOT. But, I'm ready for the next installment!

This part has a lot of writing and very little pictures. I didn't take many this night, sorry guys o_O

Sooooo when we left off, we were off to meet Daniel over at Beach club! We were heading out of the park and of course, the boat was already there and getting ready to leave! Ugh... I made Ashley run for it, I had recently broken my toe, so me running was not going to happen haha. The captain waited for me and we got on.

Now you know how when you're in a time crunch, how things seem to take longer... this was no exception! The boat stopped at S&D and took 10 minutes to unload and load, then they waited another 5 minutes for no reason! I was like "hello! in a rush here..." Finally we left S&D and made it over to Beach club. We walked past the beach area and there was some sort of party going on, it wasn't a wedding. It looked like some even for CM because they all had Disney badges on...

IMG_4832_zps3729e4ca.jpg

Curious.... Guess we will never find out

FINALLY we made it into the lobby and found Daniel. YAY!!! Best friend hugs were in order. He told us that Beaches and Cream had a wait of at least an hour... NOT happening, or maybe it did later in the trip??? hmmm... We were planning on meeting my family over at HS to ride TOT and RNRC.

We went out to Daniel's car to drive over to HS, figured it would be easier than a bus.....

Now Ashley and I had a conversation on the boat about a stuffed Pascal I had bought her for her birthday. We said we should have brought him and done a flat Stanley sort of thing. It would have been funny. Well we had nothing to do it with so we just said whatever... This is where best friend telepathy comes in. Daniel happened to bring his stuffed Grumpy Cat for absolutely no reason. He just felt like he should. Well we decided this trip would have to be Grumpy Cat does Disney!!!

IMG_4835_zps1dbd16de.jpg

Grumps and I

So we got on the tram to get back into HS from the parking lot and did a little photo shoot

IMG_4837_zps3c93a2dd.jpg

We got Grumps trying to escape us...
IMG_4839_zps770bd70c.jpg

Then of course, he had to scan his paw to get into the park...
IMG_4843_zps3b7a60e8.jpg

The CMs loved this! They recognized Grumpy Cat and were dying of laughter haha. We got some stares from other people... which would become a theme this trip

Then of course we had to get a picture with the hat
IMG_4845_zpse36e4a5f.jpg

This may be my favorite picture of the trip :D

By this time we were starving, so we headed over to the counter-service place by TOT and RNRC, the name escapes me right now.... Daniel got a burger, Ashley got a kids meal, and I got the pizza..
IMG_4846_zpse51c5109.jpg

The pizza was good, and that plus the salad definitely filled me up for the night

Grumpy cat then realized that we all got food and nothing for him, so he was upset with us..
IMG_4847_zpsf7b9ca17.jpg

While we were eating, my family met up with us. Amanda, my cousin has been to Disney about 5 times now and has NEVER gone on the thrill rides. She has a 1 year old and usually they do the things Teagan can do. So we were on a mission!

First was TOT, 10 minute wait SCORE!

Of course, Grumps rode with us.. he's in the picture, on Daniel's lap in the seat belt with him. If you look hard enough haha we're in the front row left

IMG_4849_zpsc44bf5a4.jpg

After the ride, the guy behind Daniel was like "Grumpy Cat?? AWESOME!" haha :D

After TOT, we went over to RNRC, my mom went on with us too. Stand-by was quick, so we went in that. Amanda and I sat together in the back, my favorite. She loved both rides, TOT was her favorite though. My whole family loves that ride :)

We all wanted to watch Fantasmic so we headed over there. Teagan and I bonded over Ariel, both our favorite Princess. She's only 1 and can recognize almost all the princesses, I'm proud haha. She calls me Ariel because of my red hair <3

She sat with me during the show and loved it as much as I do. That show has and always will be a favorite with me

I have no pictures during the show because I had the baby on my lap, oh well haha. There was also almost no one watching the show so we had center seats. Pretty awesome to me.

After that, the park was closed so we headed out. One last picture of the night on the tram....
IMG_4851_zpsba79da18.jpg

We made it to the room and we saw it for the first time, my parents had seen it before, not us haha. it was huge!!! Awesome for a studio and 1 bedroom. We all relaxed and talked. We went down to the hot tub and broke some Disney rules... it said pool closed but Amanda said "I don't see a hot tub closed sign" and we all hopped in haha. Someone eventually asked us to leave and we were ok with that.

It was about 3 am and we were planning to wake up early the next morning to audition for the American Idol Experience which we all have made it to shows before. So off to bed.

Up next: You are the next American Idol.... or are you? ;)

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
On to day # 2!!!

It was very difficult to wake up this morning, we stayed up til 3am the night before haha. We had plans to be up at 8am... well my alarm went off and threw my phone across the room... I am NOT morning person at all... Daniel's alarm went off and I hit him until he turned it off. Ashley was already awake somehow...

Finally at 8:30 I got out of bed and got ready. I took half a bagel to eat on the bus and we were off to HS again!

We all had plans to audition for the American Idol Experience. We made it into HS around 9:10 right after park opening. We rushed over to AI, Ashley and I had to go in and audition in the same room since she is under 18, Daniel went alone.

Now if you've never done this, you sing 30 seconds acapella for a casting person. They decide if you go audition karaoke style for the producer. Now Ashley and I both made and through and went into the coke lounge to rehearse for the producer. We waited to see about Daniel. I chose my 2 songs and so did she.

Eventually he came into the lounge, he made it past the first round also! Woot!

I chose to sing "Black Horse and a Cherry Tree" and "Cowboy Casanova" and waited for Daniel to choose because they wanted all 3 of us to go in together.

Grumps Decided on songs too..

IMG_4854_zps55b87dc6.jpg

He didn't find any of the songs amusing..

We all went in and auditioned... now this is where Disney was being too nice! My sister's throat was hurting her so she didn't do too well. The producer said he wanted to put me through, but he didn't want hurt her feelings..... -_- haha oh well, more time for rides!!! I've done it before so it didn't really bother me. Daniel didn't make it either.

BUT! The producer gave us each 3 FP's each for any ride we wanted at HS for our time!!!!!!

We went over to Sunset Blvd and stopped at Starring Rolls Cafe for a healthy breakfast
IMG_4855_zps4e57df7c.jpg

This was ahhhmazing <3 Daniel had the butterfinger cupcake, Ash had the red velvet I believe...

After our sugar rush kicked in, we stopped to watch the Citizens of Hollywood
IMG_4856_zpsa5c74e3b.jpg

This girl was hilarious!!!

They were awesome, and I was picked from the crowd to help Steve choose a date.. haha

I chose her..

IMG_4858_zps650ae85c.jpg

She was hilarious haha

After the show we made our way over to hang out with Aerosmith again, stand-by was crazy long at least we had our FPs!!!!!

Grumps was along for the ride..
IMG_4860_zps4fe2f5e2.jpg

Ashley was trying to photobomb

We took some silly pictures in line
IMG_4861_zps6bc1e3ed.jpg

I didn't get the silly memo...

And one nice picture, we have to take one once in a while
IMG_4863_zps8633f37b.jpg

Then we made a totem pole!

IMG_4864_zps5cb8f5ef.jpg

Ashley was leaning all of her weight on me, which is probably why I look terrified, we almost fell back while taking this haha

Best part of the ride!!
IMG_4865_zps79374ea2.jpg

We requested the back as usual, Ashley sat with a single rider, Daniel, Grumps and I sat together :D

The ride was good, except we got stuck at the end in the black light tunnel for 10 minutes... with a group of high schoolers who kept screaming for no reason.. I may have yelled at them a few times haha

After that, we used another FP on TOT, we got an awesome ride sequence, we dropped the whole way twice, and got extra drops! Woooo!!!

Then it was time to use our last FPs on the most important ride to use a FP on... TSMM!!!!

IMG_4868_zpsc67879e9.jpg

Even Grumps was excited, he's just really good at hiding emotions..

IMG_4869_zps8339b395.jpg

Grumps rode with Ashley, they looked so happy together....
IMG_4872_zpsfc5c18b3.jpg

IMG_4873_zpsadfd609f.jpg

Again with the who I didn't get the silly picture memo...

IMG_4874_zps6ebdcf03.jpg

When I do, he looks away... -_-

I'm never good at these rides, but...
IMG_4875_zps7b206b95.jpg

I beat Daniel!!!!!

Ashley beat everyone in the cars..... haha. She's too good at this

After TSMM, we went over to SOA and did a little Grumpy photo shoot
IMG_4877_zps983b4bc1.jpg

IMG_4878_zpse0c023f4.jpg

This next picture is amazing... haha

IMG_4879_zps9e964216.jpg

"Tough enough to stand alone" Grump's motto... :p

After our photo shoot, we made our way out of HS and went over to Beach club to eat at Beaches and Cream to hopefully get our grilled cheese...

did we ever get to eat our grilled cheese??? Stick around and see!!

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
Loving it so far!!! Love the flat Stanley idea lol
Thanks!

Nice trip report Liked the last few pictures because they were in focus.

Love the grumpy cat thing.

Can't wait to read the rest!

Haha thanks! It's always hard for me to get good pictures, I don't have a camera besides a little point and shoot, and even then, my Iphone takes better pictures. They're nowhere near the quality of most people on here. Maybe one day I'll have the money for a decent camera haha.

Thanks for reading! :)

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
Alright! I'm back for another post! :D

Soooooo.... when we left off, we were off to Beaches and Cream.. We got on the tram and headed over to Y&B club

IMG_4881_zpsfbbc1620.jpg

Unfortunately I have a rant here...
(Starting Rant)
While waiting for the Tram to leave we witnessed ignorance at it's best. The CM who stands on the back of the tram and does the whole safety speech thing, he said last call for boarding. No one came, so he played the safety recording. While it was playing a HUGE family decided that even though they saw people standing in the line waiting for the next tram, that they were too good to wait. They went and boarded the Tram after he said "No more boarding please" about 5 times! Oh my gosh!!! I could have killed them.... so because they missed the safety speech, he had to play it again -_-..... The family didn't get what they did and why it was wrong? Well I had it with them and spoke up... I told them that they were no better than the people waiting down there, and that they did not follow the rules. There response was this "I paid a lot for my vacation, so I can do whatever I want!" I looked at her and said "Ok, and when you get hurt because you paid too much to listen to the safety rules Disney has to make your vacation the best, you will have absolutely no one to blame but yourself." She shut up after that :) haha. I cant stand ignorant people at my happy place!

(Rant over)

So we got over to Beach club and went over to Beaches and Cream! They had no wait! Score! We were sat right away. Now we come here every trip, and the CMs there never change! Our waitress was Katie, she has been our waitress 3 times now. She is from Scotland and a complete sweetheart. She introduced herself and immediately recognized me! She was just like "Oh my gosh! I know you! You were here a few months ago!" definitely made me happy she remembered me haha. She even remembered that we go there for grilled cheese :p

We ordered shakes first
IMG_4883_zpsf56fc79b.jpg

I had chocolate, Daniel had the orange sunshine, Ash had mint chocolate chip

It was pretty hot out that day, even for us Florida babies, so this hit the spot! Katie also brought out some french fries for us

Finally it was grilled cheese time!
IMG_4884_zps6fc7e75f.jpg

It doesn't matter how hot it is outside, every time we go to Disney, we HAVE to get grilled cheese. It is amazing! And decently priced for WDW.

We gobbled them up, we barely spoke to each other haha.

Once we were done we were waiting for the check and all of a sudden the lights go out like they do for the Kitchen Sink, and Katie comes out from the back with a Balloon and I'm sitting there like "Oh how cute! Who's it for?" haha

She came over and told everyone "It is my VERY good friend's Jessica birthday and we all need to sing to her!" and had the entire place sing happy birthday to me. :D I love her haha. Then she gave me a birthday card that was signed by the entire staff there! I loved it!

We paid and said our goodbyes to Kaite, we told her we'd be back soon to see her

We were walking out to the car and Daniel steals my phone to take a picture of me because according to him I looked like a little kid at Disney with my balloon and ears on haha

IMG_4886_zps6e95b39e.jpg

I look pretty happy here haha

IMG_4887_zps314e5c11.jpg

Card in one hand, balloon in the other :p

We were all pretty tired from our late night before, so we opted to go back to the room for a power nap. We were going to be in Epcot for EMH that night till midnight!

We made it back to the room, the baby and Amanda were there taking a nap too, everyone else was at Epcot. I charged my phone and Daniel and Ash passed out

IMG_4888_zpse241ff32.jpg

I didn't really sleep much, maybe 30 minutes. I just slept in the chair thing that pulls out into a bed, but it was still a chair when I was in it haha. Daniel said he looked over at one point and I was hanging off the chair upside down... I remember no such thing!

I woke up before them and took a few pictures of the Animals outside our door

IMG_4889_zps9e8b2ef9.jpg

\

I woke up the two sleeping "beauties" and we all got dressed and were off!!!

We walked by the lobby and I took more animal pictures, heck we were at AKL!!
IMG_4892_zpse0ee5680.jpg

IMG_4893_zps1fdcdf0b.jpg

We waited for a bus and when we got on it was crowded! There were a lot of families on the bus, they all kept staring at us for some reason.... Did we look funny??

The three of us decided to stand and let all the families sit down

IMG_4894_zps2e618f41.jpg

Daniel the model...
IMG_4895_zpsbf15fde4.jpg

We made it to Epcot in about 10 minutes, we had friends there on a trip as well, so we all decided to meet in Canada.

While walking in, the sun was starting to set and it looks so pretty, so we stopped for some pictures

IMG_4896_zps9a0abd30.jpg

IMG_4898_zps98703d6d.jpg

IMG_4899_zpsf75ab0ae.jpg

I was pretty proud of those pictures!

Then of course, I had to take a picture with SE :)
IMG_4900_zps62489e98.jpg

We made it to Canada and waited for our friends, took some more pictures with Grumps

IMG_4902_zps27900c7d.jpg

IMG_4904_zpsab07098c.jpg

So, we met up with our friends, which one of them is from Canada, she wanted to watch "O Canada" so we all did, that show gets me really dizzy. After that, they wanted to go one way and we were going to meet up with my family, so we said our byes.

My parents met us in Canada, after looking in the store for some hockey gear, I'm a HUGE hockey fan. I work for the Florida Panthers :). We took some pictures of my mom and I in our custom ears I got us

IMG_4905_zpsa5d38bdc.jpg

IMG_4906_zpsdadce775.jpg

Now a rare picture of my parents!

IMG_4907_zps45ce6660.jpg

We finished up in Canada and went off to have some fun and meet back up with Aunt Cathie and Teagan and finally have Amanda ride TT!!!

Would Amanda get to ride TT?? We are going to have to wait to find out, I have to go to work :) haha!!

Thanks again for reading, I hope you are enjoying!

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
I am enjoying :)
I'm glad! :)

Just read all your TR. Looks like you all are having a blast.
Thanks for following along! We had a lot of fun

Loving the report! And Grumpy Cat is hilarious! Would you mind if my sister and I steal your idea? I think she would get a kick out of something like that!
Thanks!! And sure!! :D it's so fun, it adds some more humor to your trip trust me :)

Great TR and seems like the family is having a awesome time.
Thank you!

omg I'm like dying laughing at all your pics of Grumpy Cat hahaha so funny
Haha thanks for following! Grumps definitely made the trip even better

Silly grumpycat :D
:D Thanks for following!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom