The fate of Star Tours?

YodaMan

If they didn't decide to put Guardians here (which, obviously they didn't LOL), I'd welcome Big Hero 6. It could work.

I know people are clinging to Star Tours and I love the ride but I welcome something new once SW:GE is up and running.

This still kills me. A Guardians overlay would have been perfect for Star Tours. It would have kept Marvel out of Epcot. It would have been an easy way to retheme Star Tours once SW:GE opens and it becomes superfluous. And it would have been an easy way to start a Marvel Land by expanding into the parking lot once the new Costuming building is finished. Le sigh.

Magenta Panther

This still kills me. A Guardians overlay would have been perfect for Star Tours. It would have kept Marvel out of Epcot. It would have been an easy way to retheme Star Tours once SW:GE opens and it becomes superfluous. And it would have been an easy way to start a Marvel Land by expanding into the parking lot once the new Costuming building is finished. Le sigh.

You lost me at Marvel Land, but otherwise I agree with you.

Better yet, Guardians should have taken over what's now being called The Grand Arts Theater. Much better placement and would fit into the science fiction fantasy mojo that's being built out there.

Kman101

Completely agreed. That had been my thought as well. However I am looking forward to a new build (sort of new I suppose) for Guardians even though it's going in the wrong park.

Acidsplat

Honestly, I don't mind what happens to Star Tours. I just hope whatever replaces it continues to use the simulators for my own selfish reason: nostalgia for Body Wars. Even when I get on Star Tours at Disneyland, I'm always reminded of it.

Goofyernmost

Honestly, I don't mind what happens to Star Tours. I just hope whatever replaces it continues to use the simulators for my own selfish reason: nostalgia for Body Wars. Even when I get on Star Tours at Disneyland, I'm always reminded of it.
I agree, the first one I experienced was Body Wars. I love simulators. I just seems the most complete way to imagine you are part of the story. I hope they never go out of favor.

DisneyFan18

If they didn't decide to put Guardians here (which, obviously they didn't LOL), I'd welcome Big Hero 6. It could work.

I know people are clinging to Star Tours and I love the ride but I welcome something new once SW:GE is up and running.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Big Hero 6 would be a great replacement for theme of Star Tours. Since it could perfectly fit both DHS and TL at DLR.

Jaison

What if the star tours simulators are going to be re-purposed and used at the announced star wars resort. They could be used as the shuttle which takes you from the check in area on earth to the space port where you are staying. When you leave they transport you back. Anyone else see this as a viable option? Not sure what Disneyland will do with theirs however ....

Boek68

Disneyland has the option of turning theirs into the Iron Man ride that is currently open in Hong Kong. If I remember correctly I believe this is the plan, unless having a Marvel land in DCA changes that at all...

As for WDW they currently do no have that option. For now...

Phantom Mickey

-------------
Thats strange.... I found Body Wars rather boring but Star Tours was more fun. Maybe the BW story was lame but it impacted the enjoyment of the simulator ride.
With the new random destinations in STs, the ride is even better.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Star Tours fate will be to crumble, decay into dust, and eventually be recycled back to the cosmos. It is the same fate that awaits everything on this blue orb.

Robbiem

What if the star tours simulators are going to be re-purposed and used at the announced star wars resort. They could be used as the shuttle which takes you from the check in area on earth to the space port where you are staying. When you leave they transport you back. Anyone else see this as a viable option? Not sure what Disneyland will do with theirs however ....
I love this idea- some form of simulated trip to the resort and from the resort to the area at the studios is a great idea

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

That idea is a bit of genius right there. I like that idea very much. Are you a Gryffindor? If so, 10 points to Gryffindor! Also... here's a cookie. If Imagineering doesn't run with this they'll have missed a great opportunity.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Alternatively I could see them conveting Star Tours into some kind of Pandora Alpha Centarui attraction. Heck... it's enclosed! It can be nearly anything. I'd be surprised if they just remove it completely.

No Name

Another reason Star Tours will fit the park oddly is because the exterior can't decide whether its a soundstage or a place. It's kind of both. I fear that when they do retheme Star Tours, it'll still look like a decorated box, kind of like Transformers in Universal. Hopefully, they'll either find a way to make the building make sense (like RnRC), or they'll do a lot of work on and around it.

Oh, and I can't possibly imagine it being closed and gutted. Chapek loves screen-based rides that can be rethemed to the next popular IP every 10 years, and Star Tours fits that bill.

BenJacobs

Another reason Star Tours will fit the park oddly is because the exterior can't decide whether its a soundstage or a place. It's kind of both. I fear that when they do retheme Star Tours, it'll still look like a decorated box, kind of like Transformers in Universal. Hopefully, they'll either find a way to make the building make sense (like RnRC), or they'll do a lot of work on and around it.

Oh, and I can't possibly imagine it being closed and gutted. Chapek loves screen-based rides that can be rethemed to the next popular IP every 10 years, and Star Tours fits that bill.

It's still very close to Galaxy's Edge, they could add one building front on the Muppets side of the new land, which could be the space port of that city or something, you could go in, and then the queue could go behind The Muppets land to Star Tours. I just doubt Disney would want to get rid of a ride that is still very popular, and this would be a cheaper way to keep the actual ride part than retheming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom