The Fantasyland That Never Was

JustInTime

Interesting piece of art.
It vaguely matches the description of the old Villain Village concept, but could be something else.

The photographer should've taken a shot of the description hanging just to the left...
Okay, I'll bite. What's to the left?

JustInTime

ugh why is money an issue when they could profit so much from an extended Wonderland rather than an entire circus themed area it boggles my mind.
Because that is just how popular Dumbo the ride is. Plus I'm sure circusland was way cheaper.

yensidtlaw1969

The description of what the art shows.
Looks like the description image is on the same site. In straining my eyes to read it, this is what I gather of the description:

Fantasyland
Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World
Tom Gilleon (Artist)

Imagineers (illegible) (illegible) to push the envelope to portray
classic Disney stories in fresh, unique ways. Blue Sky is the
(illegible) stage of the Imagineering design process, where
artists and designers are free to try out any and all ideas and
possibilities. In this Blue Sky concept piece, artist Tom
Gilleon reimagines the Peter Pan experience as an explora-
tion aboard Captain Hook's pirate ship and a boat ride through Skull Rock.

TP2000

Today's Dateline Disneyland column on Miceage has a nice photo update on this new Realms Of Fantasy exhibit at the Disney Gallery on Main Street USA.

Lots of good pictures, with the ability to read every description posted in the exhibit via the Smugmug gallery or Dateline Disneyland itself.
http://micechat.com/18063-disneyland-realms-of-fantasy/

I find it interesting that all the Alice artwork attributed to "Walt Disney World" has Guests with only black hair and with vaguely Asian faces. Like this is artwork created for Shanghai Disneyland but they are claiming it was abandoned stuff for WDW's New Fantasyland. Or maybe I need to hang up the tinfoil hat?

ChrisM

Had we previously seen those two concept art shots of the SDMT queue?

Looks like we're going to end up with something similar to the new Mermaid ride: over-the-top queue, coulda been better ride.

awoogala

SO TO THE TOPIC: What do you guys think of what could've been a Wonderland mini-land in New Fantasyland?
would have been awesome. anything but more princesses would be lovely, and I love wonderland. Would love a wonderland dark ride.
I also saw that a pixie hollow was planned, which my whole family would have adored!

Captain Neo

Listen, there is no need to be an about it. If anything saying the the tea cups roof will never be replaced is not using your brain. The roof can't last forever.

It's not going to be replaced with the glass roof like the Paris version nor will it be enclosed in rockwork with blacklights like in the concept art. Anyone who thinks that Disney is going to go the extra mile for their attractions to wow guests, especially in Orlando, needs a serious reality check.

jdmdisney99

Had we previously seen those two concept art shots of the SDMT queue?

Looks like we're going to end up with something similar to the new Mermaid ride: over-the-top queue, coulda been better ride.
I think the top concept art is from the Aurora's Cottage Phase. That or it's for the little unknown building near the mountain. If it is the current plan, there will be a Pooh play area.

JustInTime

It's not going to be replaced with the glass roof like the Paris version nor will it be enclosed in rockwork with blacklights like in the concept art. Anyone who thinks that Disney is going to go the extra mile for their attractions to wow guests, especially in Orlando, needs a serious reality check.
And I didn't say that. I said a new roof could happen. And as far as Orlando wanting to spend the extra money just to plus an attraction, look at Pooh and Haunted Mansion or Star Tours. They have done it before so why not. And obviously the tea cups were under discussion here so I don't see why that seems so impossible.

ebof1023

Personally I'm very disappointed that this never happened...many people are saying that this expansion wasn't the best it possibly could have been but if they would have done this it would have been amazing! Alice and wonderland was another one of those thing that shocked me that was never part of MK...and isn't the plot of that story a true fantasy?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom