The Creator Games!: An Imagineering Competition

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Session 1- Seize the Future
Concept Creation Challenge Critiques

Great job on this first challenge, everybody! This was here as a "warm up" to get your feet wet, but a lot of you really went above and beyond to make a really phenomenal project! Thanks everyone for your work, and now we'll get into some critiques before we make our final judgements.

@2001DISNEYLIFE

Nice concept! JttCotE is definitely something unique and fun for the area, though we would have liked to see you explain how it fits into Tomorrowland, solving one of the problems of SGE. The queue and pre-show areas were nice and realistic, and certainty help set the table for the show. However, it's no secret that the main star of the attraction is the new ride system! ;) This is very creative, nothing I would have thought of, so it's cool to see refreshing and very original ideas! However, when it comes to brand new technology, it needs more explanation for us to visualize it. Perhaps you could have used pictures/the diagrams provided to help with this. As far as the ride/story goes, nice job, a fun expereince new to WDW, though something a bit less repeated from TDS would be nice (not that the one you have is bad). Overall, great job! Well written, no errors, though not as captivating or elaborate as it could be. In addition, it was nice to see it handed in early, however an extra day to refine the concept/add detail would have been beneficial.

@orlando678-

First of all, great job presentation wise! The music was great and set the mood, the text color was fun and different, and basic formatting really worked well and was cohesive and neat. The attraction itself was well done, keeping the Stitch theme has its pros and cons (some people might not want to keep it because they don't like the attraction, but it is a theme that if executed properly could do really well). The biggest issue was detail; I could for sure get a sense of what you were thinking, but not knowing the franchise very well I found it a bit hard to follow in some areas, and I didn't really feel as if I understood the story that well. Including goals and stats were a nice touch, served as a solid cap-off to the project. Like @2001DISNEYLIFE, nice to see it turned in early, though it may have been wise to keep it more to revise a bit. Nice Job!

@Darth_Disney

Nice concept and very effect use of Marvel. Guardians of the Galaxy is a great IP for Tomorrowland and the ride description is fantastic. The story was very invigorating and easy to read. It would be a great attraction if ever built. The in-theater effects seem to be interesting as well. A few points to improve on would be the following: A bit more introduction to the project as a whole. I’m sure we all know who the Guardians of the Galaxy are, but for people who don’t follow it regularly, it’s always good to give a little extra background. The second part would be in regards to the gift shop. There isn't really a SGE gift shop, so just a little more elaboration on whether you were going to retheme a nearby shop like Merchant of Venus, or do something else would have been helpful. Overall, it was an awesome project!

@tcool

A great presentation. Here’s some feedback: The style of the presentation was very well done. Each segment was organized efficiently and seemed very professional. There were a lot of good ideas in here, and the décor/theater descriptions were awesome. Also, the script was quite funny. A few things to improve on: The plot is a bit confusing, which might derive from a lack of understanding of the source material. Is this a Stitch concept or something novel? Because there were Stitch items throughout the show, but the show seemed to be about something else. A background paragraph or two describing Mistoria and what the ride was going to be about could have definitely helped. In addition, just check for grammar/syntax in some cases so it’s easier for the reader to follow. Other than that, it was very well done!

@Brer Panther

Interesting concept. Here’s some feedback. First off, don’t ever say you aren’t proud of a project! Everything here is just for fun and to be honest your concept was pretty cool. The time-travel aspect was quite intriguing and the explanation for it was good as well. Very thorough dialogue, it's almost like I was reading a movie script. Some things to improve on would include: Organization. Dividing the content into sub-categories is a great way to keep the reader on point. Also, an introductory paragraph or two could have helped before diving into the project. But again, the project was nicely done!

@ctxak98

Very cool concept. Here’s some feedback: Space and Tomorrowland go together nicely, as it’s really a treat when you do something that is totally unique and your own story. The detailed background to the project was well done. It sets the tone for the project as a whole. Great visuals, it makes the reader feel like they are on the attraction.It kinda incorporates Alien Encounter mixed with Flight to the Moon/Mission to Mars, while ultimately having a different story as a whole. Some things to improve on would be to have the ride descriptions follow the queue/pre-show descriptions. It would be better to have flipped those, so it feels like you're reading the attraction description from start to finish. But overall, excellent project!

@RMichael21

Nice concept. Here’s some feedback: The integration of Guardians of the Galaxy is a good thought for Tomorrowland. The story is really well put together and the presentation is very thorough and detailed. Was some of that original artwork? The gift shop is great as well. The visuals are helpful. Here are some things to improve on: With a lot of detail, sometimes you can run the risk of contradiction. For instance ride length and hourly capacity. At one point it says the ride is 10 mins, but in the statistics section it says 12 mins. Also, are you using two theaters? If the main show area only holds 100 guests per show, how can the max capacity per show be 250 guests? These are minor things but it takes the reader out of focus. Nevertheless, great project!

@MCParradox

Nice introduction to set the stage of the concept and what you are thinking!bI really like how the TTA gets a view through here, and the original art gives a nice sense of what the queue looks like. And the theme that you are setting up is really cool! About the art,...it is AMAZING! In addition, I like BEN-E :D I think this character could be a new classic character like Figment! The thought and detail put into the characters is great, and the story is quite the adventure! Wonderful job! The inclusion of easter eggs, stats, and your realism explanation were unique touches I really appreciated! Overall, loved it! Great first project!

@Vipraa

Nice concept. Here’s some feedback: Stitch is definitely a good character, however his placement in Tomorrowland has been controversial. You did a really good job with the story and show as a whole. The intro for Jumba was great. Overall though, it felt very similar to Stitch’s Great Escape. The effects and interactive elements seemed comparable to SGE, which could turn off some of the crowd who didn’t enjoy the original attraction. All in all, it’s a nice show, and done very well, though the similarities to the show it’s replacing could be enough to keep you from the win.

@DisneyPrincess1993

First of all, huge props for doing a website! You really set the bar high in the first round for quality and presentation. Well done. For the topic of Guardians of the Galaxy, it does have a good theme for Tomorrowland, and regardless of whether or not it was done by others, it’s the quality of the project that sets it apart. The pre-show is really entertaining and the pictures definitely helped. A lot of effort was clearly put into the script and the dialogue between characters is pretty clever. One thing to work on for next time is the title. It was okay, but not that bad. A fancier title could have helped. But overall, fantastic project and website.

@Matt7187

Nice concept. Even though it was done before, it’s still the quality of the project that’s most important. The backstory is great and very fun. Using the characters in a new adventure is something that Disney does really well, and you do a good job of it here. Also, the façade, queue, and pre-show are very well done. Some things to work on could be formatting and presentation style. It was okay, but the large blocks of texts could have been truncated down a bit just to keep the project’s flow going. But overall, very well done!

@jdmdisney99

Nice concept! Really original, and has potential for a great attraction! Also, I appreciated the attention to detail, such as in "Presented by Microsoft". I think some sort of intro/explanation of the use of the disks and letters/numbers was needed because I was a bit confused at first (though I get it now). Also, hmmm...Should I click on the background music, or is it another musical trick?;) In all seriousness though, nice music! Fitting! I like how you used the pictures to help further embellish the story, though not sure I understand the placement of a picture of the merchandise shop? Anyways, well done story wise, you took a great route with that concept and I got a true sense of what the show will be like! Very nice project!

@TheOriginalTiki

Nice introduction! Setting up the goals was a nice way of formatting it. Following these goals, using an original concept was definitely a positive change. And, the time travel idea is a really fun theme that could be used more in Tomorrowland! As far as presentation goes, I would have liked to see pictures used. They always help give imagery of how the attraction is, something important for understanding the concept. The detail was really nice, including little elements to the story/decor really helps out. As far as the story goes, really nice! I don't have any specific scenes to pull out to make comments on, as it all was really solid! Nice job!

@JokersWild

Very true in your intro about Tomorrowland needing help. I had to search that unfortunate acronym...and yeah it is:p;) I really like the idea you had with the facade, but I'm not so sure the theming would really fit in with the rest of Tomorrowland. The theme is great! Original, and has that charm you were looking for! Very well written. I like how you made it an experience I was going through as I went through the queue and show! However, like Tiki, you still could have benefited from some pictures. Like you said, you ran out of time, which is understandable. Because of this, the show is unfinished, but I like the general lay out you came up with. Hopefully you get a chance to finish this in the future because where you are going with it is really intriguing!

@InfiniteRightEar97, @ScorpionX

Thanks for letting us know that you both intend on submitting something. For now, though, there's nothing to judge.​

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Session 1- Seize the Future
Concept Creation Challenge Judgements

We have made our critiques, the judges and hosts have discussed, and now we have our final
rankings for the contestants.

1. @MCParradox
2 . @DisneyPrincess1993
3. @jdmdisney99
4. @RMichael21
5. @ctxak98
6. @Darth_Disney
7. @TheOriginalTiki
8. @Matt7187
9. @orlando678-
10. @Brer Panther
11. @tcool
12. @2001DISNEYLIFE
13. @Vipraa
14. @JokersWild
15/16 TIED. @InfiniteRightEar97 , @ScorpionX

Because @InfiniteRightEar97 and @ScorpionX have not yet proposed, they are automatically tied for last. However, once they do submit, we will give them critiques.

So, now what happens?
As mentioned before, this competition is based on eliminations...But it is also based on surprises ;)
The contestants that ranked in the last placements will be spared. Like mentioned earlier, this session was merely a test to get your feet wet and show us what you are capable of. All 16 contestants will move on to Session 2.

However, some of you may not be so lucky when it comes to the session 2 results...

And with that, this hereby concludes the first session of The Creator Games!

TheOriginalTiki

Just wanted to give a genuine congrats to @IDInstitute @Sam4D23 and @spacemt354 for such a great first round turn out. I can speak from experience and say it's rare for a 16 person cast to be completely present with individual projects (or promise of projects at least...) in the first round. That's why I always start my game in teams. There's a TON of talent in this pool and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Also...Shameless self promotion ;) Some time around 10:15 PM Eastern @englanddg and I will be taking an in depth look at The Muppet Show Star Wars Special for May the Fourth!

Check out the original episode!

May the Force be with you all and here's to many more great projects :D

MCParradox

Just wanted to give a genuine congrats to @IDInstitute @Sam4D23 and @spacemt354 for such a great first round turn out. I can speak from experience and say it's rare for a 16 person cast to be completely present with individual projects (or promise of projects at least...) in the first round. That's why I always start my game in teams. There's a TON of talent in this pool and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Also...Shameless self promotion ;) Some time around 10:15 PM Eastern @englanddg and I will be taking an in depth look at The Muppet Show Star Wars Special for May the Fourth!

I know I should be in the discussion thread really but I have to say, that episode is amazing, thanks for linking it! Funny to think that at the time, the Muppets, Star Wars and When You Wish Upon A Star were all separate, but now they're all Disney!

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Session Opening
Session 2- Operation Rejuvenation!
Welcome, everyone! Welcome to Session 2 of the Creator Games! The 16 of you have all moved on to the second of ten sessions in this exciting 2 month Imagineering event!

The Standings/The Contestants:

1 - @MCParradox
2 - @DisneyPrincess1993
3 - @jdmdisney99
4 - @RMichael21
5 - @ctxak98
6 - @Darth_Disney
7 - @Matt7187
8 - @TheOriginalTiki

9 - @orlando678-
10 - @Brer Panther
11 - @tcool
12 - @2001DISNEYLIFE

13 - @Vipraa
14 - @JokersWild
15 - @InfiniteRightEar97
16 - @ScorpionX

In Session 1, you all showed us your individual Imagineering skills and put it on display by designing a new attraction to replace Stitch's Great Escape. In Session 2 however, you will work in teams. In addition, you will receive your first AoI challenge this session, as well as any other little surprises...
We all know you have what it takes to be a great individual imagineer, but let's see if you have what it takes to work as a team....in Session 2: Operation Rejuvenation.
1358904164_8995_header.png

ScorpionX

I'm sorry this had to come late. I had a few bugs with my computer as I was adding the finishing touches.

Welcome to Dr. Newton's Time Travels!

Upon entering the line for what used to be Stitch's Great Escape, you notice that the TV monitors in the queue haves been changed to broadcast images of previous trips*, ranging from Baroque Austria to Paris in 2089. After watching the video loop on the minter several times, a Cast Member tells us it's time to come in.

On the walls on the queue are times that seemed to have converged in this room from across millennia**. You spot what could be old Roman uniforms, a dusty jukebox, and, hanging from the ceiling, a personal spaceship or two. Across a railing, you see a laboratory-like area with blueprints scattered about. It's quite cluttered. There are strange, bizarre gadgets and widgets on the workbenches and on the floor. The lights are dim, aside from a lone lightbulb dangling from the ceiling. In the approximate center of the area is a humanoid robot***. On the left side of the laboratory is a large, cylindrical capsule with a teddy bear inside****. Beside the tube, to the right, is a video screen.

The lights brighten up, and the show begins. The robot introduces itself as A.I.D.E, "or as my folks back at the factory call me, the Assistant In Data Exploration."

AIDE: You're all probably wondering why we've assembled you here today. Well, earthlings, today's your lucky day! You,re about to partake in what is possibly the most important scientific demonstration in millennia! My most ingenious boss, Dr. Barnabas Newton, is working out the finishing touches in his brand-new revolutionary time machine. It can bring you anytime from a few seconds into the future to a few centuries. However, to experience time travel, you cannot eat, drink. smoke, or take flash photography. It reverses the polarity and that certainly won't end well for any of us. Now, it appears Dr. Newton is ready. I hope he's ready; I'm just too hoppin' excited to test this out!

The video screen turns on, and Dr. Newton appears. From the looks of it, he certainly knows how to put himself together. The man is tall and quite slim. His thick brown sideburns accentuate his cheeks and Fu Manchu mustache. His outfit certainly invokes an academic or scientific vibe, with the lab coat, bowtie, and suspenders. He seems to be in his late 30s or early 40s. The man's energy certainly conveys it, as he is delighted to see us.

DR. NEWTON: Alright! They've come! Hello, fellow humans. A.I.D.E. probably introduced me, but if he didn't, I'm Dr. Newton, and welcome to my lab! I've been working for years on an extraordinary machine, one that could potentially change human ingenuity forever! Behold the Time Machine!

The tube lights up, giving us a better view of the teddy bear.

DR. NEWTON: In that tube is my little buddy Bob. Why's he called Bob? I don't know. He just is. Anyways, when I flip the switch, Bob will be transported fifteen seconds into the future. Impressive, huh? It certainly is, I'll tell you that! I've been waiting for this moment since my college days! Boy, do I miss them.

AIDE: Um...Doc? You're not going off on one of those tangents about college, are you?

DR. NEWTON: Oh...no. (he chuckles a bit) As I was saying, prepare for transport in five...four...three...two...one!

The tube lights up in multiple colors and there is a quick smoke effect. The bear has disappeared. There is silence for a bit, but in fifteen seconds, you see and hear electricity going through the tube and the teddy bear reappearing.

DR. NEWTON: It...it worked! It worked! A.I.D.E., it worked! We did it! We did it! Ha-ha-ha!

The doctor does a bit of a celebratory jig. A.I.D.E. joins in.

AIDE: We've done it, Doc! We have truly seized the future! (turns to the audience) Well, earthlings, we know our machine works. If it can transport one thing, it can transport many. To get you ready, one of our lab assistants will direct you to the time machine for our main event. See you there!

We are directed by the lab assistant (Cast Member) into the time machine and get in our seats. In the center is the control center, manned by Audio-Animatronics of Dr. Newton and A.I.D.E. Above us is a domed screen (it covers the ceiling and the upper half of the wall) which currently shows the sky*****. After everyone is settled in, our lab assistant gives us the "please remain seated" spiel and the show begins.

DR. NEWTON: Are the coordinates locked, A.I.D.E.?

AIDE: Coordinates locked.

DR. NEWTON: Engines ready?

AIDE: Engines ready.

DR. NEWTON: Thrusters in place?

AIDE: Thrusters ready to go!

DR. NEWTON: Prepare for transport in ten...nine...eight...seven...six...five...four...three...two...one!

Out the domed ceilings, we see clouds zoom by. The scenery quickly changes to a Twilight Zone-like atmosphere. Random shapes and blobs float about in the endless pace. Retro sci-fi style music is heard as we traverse this barren landscape.

DR. NEWTON: All systems go for landing.

AIDE: Commence landing procedures.

This is where things start to diverge. Like the new Star Tours, every experience is different. In no particular order, you will experience four of these possible scenarios in your time travel adventure:

1. You arrive in a prehistoric jungle. It's quite warm and humid. You see various dinosaurs walking around in the distance. The ground starts to shake. You hear big steps being taken towards he time machine. There's a loud crash, and above the wreckage you see a menacing tyrannosaurus rex, ready to chomp at anything that moves.

AIDE: I don't want to be an early dinner! Let's get out of here!

DR. NEWTON: Commence transport procedures.

2. You arrive in the middle of a hot, dry desert. Looming int the distance are two great pyramids of immense size. In a scene reminiscent of The Ten Commandments, an Egyptian army is riding through the desert towards you.

DR. NEWTON: Ah, yes! Ancient Egypt! Land of the pyramids and empire of the Nile!

AIDE: It sure does go on for niles and niles.

DR. NEWTON: It certainly does. You know, I think this is where my mummy came from.

AIDE: Oh dear...that's for another time! Ha-ha!

3. The time machine appears in a large arena with cheering crowds. You can tell this this is an event of prestige and great importance. You soon hear an unfamiliar voice.

AIDE: I hope this is isn't what I think it is...

ANNOUNCER: The brave and noble man has arrived! Please welcome Maximus the Great!

The crowd cheers. A rather fit man enters the stadium in full gladiator regalia.

ANNOUNCER: Death to the Metal Beast!

DR. NEWTON: Looks like we won't be staying for long.

AIDE: Commence transport procedures.

4. You arrive on the deck of a pirates' galleon. The crew were enjoying a few sea shanties when you showed up, so they're obviously hoppin' mad.

PIRATE 1: Get that landlubber!

PIRATE 2: Yar! Make him walk the plank!

AIDE: Oh...I don't have a very good feeling about this!

PIRATE 1: Send him to Davey Jones' Locker!

DR. NEWTON: It's definitely not a pirate's life for us. Let's get out of here!

5. You appear in what seems to be an extravagant European palace. A crowd of people are surrounding a young boy playing the piano. We close in on the boy, be he notices us and starts to follow us.

AIDE: Oh dear! Oh dear! Oh dear! This is not good! I repeat; this is not good!

AUSTRIAN MAN: What are you doing with Wolfgang!?

DR. NEWTON: No worries, mate. Commence transport procedures.

6. The time machine arrives on a busy metropolitan street. Horse-and-buggies are passing to and fro. The sounds of church bells can be heard off in the distance.

AIDE: Quick! Act natural! (casually whistles)

DR. NEWTON: I'm pretty sure these people will still find a giant metal object traveling through the streets of London to be just a bit unnatural, don't you think?

AIDE: Sheesh, at least I'm trying! Hey, we should leave before the authorities send us to Botany Bay.

7. We land on a farm somewhere in the northeastern United States. There is a man in a blue uniform laying next to us with a rifle. Cannons on the other side of the field fire off in the distance. There's another man screaming in agony.

AIDE: What's going on, Doc? I don't think I can handle it!

DR. NEWTON: It's the American Civil War, A.I.D.E. Brother against brother. What a horrible time.

AIDE: Then why are we staying here! Let's leave before we get caught in the crossfire!

8. The scenery changes to a quintessential Wild West town. Cowboys and Indians abound.

DR. NEWTON: I've always wanted to visit the Wild West! The big, wide, open frontier is just so exciting.

An outlaw busts out of the bank and hops on his horse. The sheriff quickly runs after him. Gunfire is exchanged.

AIDE: Why do we always get stuck in these situations?

DR. NEWTON: Don't worry, A.I.D.E. I know just what to do!

Dr. Newton proceeds to pilot the time machine to knock the outlaw off his horse. The sheriff then comes and arrests the outlaw.

DR. NEWTON: Howdy, partner!

9. We arrive at the 1889 Paris Exposition. People from all over the world have convened in Paris to showcase their countries' technological marvels. Among the most notable is the famed steel Eiffel Tower dominating the Parisian skyline.

DR. NEWTON: A.I.D.E., this is something I've wanted to see my whole life, the Exposition Universelle de Paris, Mille Neuf Cents.
AIDE: Speak English!
DR. NEWTON: The Universal Exposition in Paris, 1889. It was when the Eiffel Tower was first built. In fact, we're about to meet some of my heroes, Jules Verne and H.G. Wells.
AIDE: So, where are they?
DR. NEWTON: Yes...that's them! AIDE, keep your cool.
AIDE: Doc, I think one of them's got me...
Jules Verne is seen hanging on to AIDE as he ascends back to the machine.
DR. NEWTON: Uh, uh...commence transport procedures.

10. We land on a sandy beach where we see two men with an odd flying contraption.

AIDE: Did we book an impromptu R&R trip, Doc?

DR. NEWTON: No, A.I.D.E., we're at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, where the Wright Brothers are testing their airplane.

AIDE: What's so special about a bunch of wood and cloth?

DR. NEWTON: Can't you see? All of aviation lends itself to these two. Without them, we'd be stuck on the ground!

AIDE: Well, I'll least watch them fly.

The Wright plane takes off and circles about.

DR. NEWTON: Isn't it breathtaking, watching a world-changing event right before your eyes?

AIDE: Yeah, yeah. Commence transport procedures.

11. It's New York, the city that never sleeps, at the height of the Roaring 20s. Night has fallen and a street party in Times Square has commenced. Swing and jazz music fill the air.

AIDE: Aw, Doc, I knew you were a party animal!

DR. NEWTON: I guess I am, A.I.D.E. But that's not why we're here. This is New York City at the height of the Roaring 20s. America's never been richer.

AIDE: Can't we go to a party anytime?

DR. NEWTON: Maybe we can, but this is no ordinary party. Everything's bigger, bolder, and grander! It's a time for social change and cultural revolution!

The crescendo of Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin is heard, as fireworks fill the Manhattan sky.

12. We land outside a high school in the 1950s. Hound Dog by Elvis Presley plays in the background s the students are let out of school for the day.

AIDE: Aren't all these people on vacation, Doc? Why are taking them back to school?

DR. NEWTON: No, A.I.D.E., they're not going back to school early. We're just here to show them the freedom our youth gained in this marvelous time. Diners, rock & roll, bowling, muscle cars. You name it, they had it!

AIDE: Time travel, perhaps?

DR. NEWTON: Well, no, but...you get the idea!

AIDE: I got you there, Doc.

DR. NEWTON: Yeah, you did. Let's go!

13. We arrive in suburban America in the 1980s. Stereotypical 80s techno music is heard.

AIDE: Why's everyone dressed so funny?

DR. NEWTON: This is the 1980s, A.I.D.E. It was a radical decade of Live and Let Live.

AIDE: That sounds like my kind of time! Can I stay? Please, please, please?

DR. NEWTON: No, you have a job to do.

AIDE: Aw shucks!

DR. NEWTON: Anyways, the 1980s brought about many cultural and technological revolutions, like commercial video games, computer animation, heavy metal, big hair. This decade had it all! In fact, the 1980s are my favorite decade of the 20th century.

AIDE: Looking around here, I can see why, Doc.

DR. NEWTON: Enough is enough. Let's go.

14. We are transported to sunny Florida. The pleasant and soothing scent of oranges fill the room. Up ahead is a familiar castle. There's a parade going down Main Street, U.S.A.

AIDE: Where are we? In fact, when are we?

DR. NEWTON: I've come here to the year (insert current year) C.E. to investigate a supposed "magic kingdom" in the mysterious land of Florida.

AIDE: Floor-ee-da?

DR, NEWTON: Apparently so. That castle in the center looks to be the commercial and cultural center of this kingdom.

AIDE: Doc, what are all those people doing down there?

DR. NEWTON: I believe they're holding a procession in honor of the king with big ears******. It's a daily ritual here. It's quite festive, actually?

AIDE: Should we investigate?

DR. NEWTON: Probably not. We wouldn't want to intrude on their spiritual festivities.

AIDE: Alrighty then. Commence transport procedures.

15. It is now the far future, perhaps several generations ahead of our time. The landscape bears a great resemblance to the concept art for the abandoned Tomorrowland 2055 project at Disneyland. Elements of Star Wars and Wall-E can also be seen throughout.

DR. NEWTON: Behold, Tomorrowland 3000!

AIDE: I never thought I'd live long enough to see this.

DR. NEWTON: A.I.D.E., you're a robot. You'll never die.

AIDE: Oh yeah.

DR. NEWTON: As I was saying, this metropolitan empire before us is the absolute pinnacle of human civilization. What comes next, I'd rather not say.

AIDE: Why not, Doc?

DR. NEWTON: It's for the safety of our human passengers.

AIDE: Aw...that's a shame!

DR. NEWTON: I know, A.I.D.E., I know.

ANNOUNCER: Emergency! Emergency! All persons are to report to their meteor shelters! I repeat! All persons are to report to their meteor shelters!

A slew of meteors begins to fall upon Tomorrowland 3000. People are heard screaming, and fires start to sprout all around.

AIDE: Doc, we need to get out now!

DR. NEWTON: That's right! Commence transport procedures.

After the four scenes are done, this scene occurs.

DR. NEWTON: Well, I hope you enjoyed and appreciated our technological achievements here. It's been a great ride! I hope to see some of you back here again sometime, and have a great day in Tomorrowland!

AIDE: (impersonating Mickey Mouse) That's right! Have a magical day! Ha-ha!

DR. NEWTON: Quit it now.

AIDE: Sorry!

We are bow directed by a lab assistant to the exits, which lead to Merchant of Venus and Mickey's Star Traders. All Stitch merchandise here is removed in favor of generic Tomorrowland merchandise.

*mostly archived footage from The Timekeeper.
**former props from Horizons, World of Motion, Timekeeper, the Backlot Tour, etc.
***humanoid in the sense that it has a face and arms
****There's a Hidden Mickey on its tummy, similar to the marks you see on Care Bears.
*****The screen actually changes in real time, so the sky looks the same as it actually does outside.
******Take a guess as to who it is.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Session 2 - Operation Rejuvenation
Concept Creation Challenge 2

In your next Concept Creation challenge, you will be divided into eight teams, with each team tasked to refurbish a different attraction.

-The Jungle Cruise
-Peter Pan's Flight
-Tomorrowland Speedway
-Carousel of Progress
-Journey Into Imagination with Figment
-Universe of Energy
-The Great Movie Ride
-Kali River Rapids

Each team will be selected based on Session 1 standings. Your goal is to design a refurb proposal for the attraction you choose. Details below. Do your best work, because you never know what's in store for....The Creator Games. Good Luck!

There you all have it! Now, for your teams. They will be assigned like so...

MCParradox - ScorpionX
DisneyPrincess1993 - InfiniteRightEar97
jdmdisney99 - JokersWild
RMichael - Vipraa
ctxak98 - 2001DisneyLife
Darth_Disney - tcool
Matt7187 - Brer Panther
TheOriginalTiki - orlando678-

Because @MCParradox was the winner last session, he will have the advantage of choosing first which attraction his team will refurbish. Following him will be @DisneyPrincess1993, and so on. These contestants choosing may consult with their teammate, but the decision is ultimately theirs.
Please make your decisions ASAP, or we will decide for you.

Challenge is due Saturday, May 9th at 7:00 PM EST. You and your partner will work together designing the concept in a PM that I will create and the judges will watch over.

In addition, sometime during the week, you will receive your first AoI challenge...

englanddg

One Little Spark...

I'll cross promote with Tiki...so...just gonna plop this here, cause it will, very likely, come up!

(skip to 1:30 in to see what I'm talking about)

Adventures Through Outer Space:

Welcome to the future! Here at the Tomorrowland Spaceport, guest are invited to come and explore the galaxies in the latest intergalactic form of transportation: the 71 Starliner (which is the sister in design to the moonliner at Disneyland). This attraction will utilize some elements from past and present Tomorrowland/space-themed attractions (such as the Flight to the Moon/Mission to Mars and Mission:Space) but use them in a new light to make it apart this brand new experience we haven't seen before.

The Exterior:
Working with what's given, the exterior will be remodeled to be a futuristic version of an airport (known as a space port in the context of the attraction) will the Peoplemover worked into the façade as well with several archways appearing as supports for it that almost make the entrance look a bit like a tunnel for hovercrafts to fly through. A real life version of the Starliner spacecraft will be located within the bend of the peoplemover that exits from the ATOS building (with special audio played for those on the Peoplemover explaining the spacecraft and it's ties to the attraction). The peoplemover will be tied into the attraction in that it is used as "transportation to and from the Spaceport to give visitors more convenient ways to travel across the stars" while not actually adding a stop there.

The Queue:
The show experience starts from the moment you enter the queue. It starts with the first room being themed to a sci-fi check-in lobby. This will be where the first part of Stitch's indoor queue is but expanded east some more to allow for more lines and switchbacks. While in this room, guest will witness several advertisements on a few holographic monitors (basically projections on a glass surface) for several companies attached to other attractions, both current and past, (such as Star Command, Star Tours, X-S Tech, the WEDWAY Peoplemover, and the Galactic Federation) as well as videos discussing the travel guest will soon embark on. When the line gets long enough, there will be an extended queue area themed to baggage claim used that is located under the Starliner outside, providing some nice AC indoors space. Here more details and nods to other Tomorrowland/Epcot attractions (like the old Epcot pavilion logos on some of the bags, name tags referencing characters like Timekeeper and Dreamfinder) can be found before guest enter the preshow room. Once guest exit the lobby and/or baggage claim, they will enter the security room where the head of security, known as M.I.S.T.E.R.(short for Mechanical Intelligence Security and Technological Enforcement Robot) who is programmed to be appealing to humans and will try to keep them relaxed before they go off across the cosmos, will present the preshow where he'll provide guests a briefing for the experience they will soon have. It'll start off with a quick security scan (which is just a quick light line moving up and the guests' body) that's mentioned as quicker and more efficient than the old way of metal detectors, before we wait for the ok to let us into the Spacecraft. During this time, MISTER will interact with guest using similar tech to turtle talk that allows him to interact with al the guest and hopefully make them laugh. Once the ok is given, guest are escorted down the hallway thru the Passenger Boarding Dock (which is the hallway before entering the theater) until they get to the theater. Before they enter the theater, MISTER gives the final safety spiel in his own flavor while we wait for the doors to open.

The Theater:
The newly designed Passenger Area (aka the main showroom) will be significantly changed from it's predecessors in that the seats are more spaced between each other to allow for some new theater effects. Each seat will now be able to tilt slightly, vibrate, and shake as well as store some 4D effects. The should rest will be more like a looping coaster's shoulder strap where it doesn't lower from the ceiling anymore, but is instead attracted to the seats. Along the back walls, as well as the center ceiling and floor, will be viewports (which are just projection surfaces) so guest can witness their travel across the galaxy. The floor projection screen will actually be able to move to allow AAs to come up into the room (like how they do it in the Gringott's ride)

The Story:
The overall story for this attraction is that in the future, we (the guest) are embarking across the galaxy on the latest Starship cruiser, the 71 Starliner, which is designed to withstand anything nature can throw at it (from comets to lasers to meteor showers). We are welcomed aboard by the pilots and quickly prepared for take off. It begins off nice and easy, with just the takeoff being the most intense part so far, but that all changes quickly as guest encounter 1 of 3 different dangers (it changes each time like star tours 2) that will take up the majority of the experience, with 2 versions of how each danger will play out. The first danger guest can encounter is a comet/meteor shower, where the ship has to maneuver through a meteor shower that bangs up the ship until it enters an asteroid field and the pilots have to use what they can to escape and return us to a nearby spaceport for safety. The second danger is an alien attack, where the ship comes under attack from a squadron of alien forces bent on destroying us for intruding in their space above their planet. The third and most thrilling experience is an alien encounter where after experiencing some technical difficulties, an alien is beamed from an unknown planet and starts messing with the guest and the ship. During Halloween this will be made more scarier to provide something close to the original Alien Encounter, but during the rest of the year it is just mainly a showcase of the motion based seating the attraction and the advanced aa tech. Each danger ends with the ship being returned to a different spaceport and the guest exiting to the outside or the gift shop next door.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom