The Creator Games!: An Imagineering Competition

tcool

Session 1 -

Mistoria Labs

kerm_by_tcool123-d8r6fu0.png

Queue -

The queue starts outdoor of course! In the outdoor queue stays mostly the same except for the replacement of all Galactic Federation Logos to a new Mistoria Labs Logo, new fans in the outdoor portion to cool down guests on a hot Florida day, and some hidden speakers to play some relaxing futuristic music.

Once guests are allowed inside they will be able to meet Skippy the Receptionist. Skippy will jus be his regular self looking people and talking in an alien dialect. On the receptionist desk will be a newspaper reading Stitch has Escaped, and scattered around the desk there will be several ads about The Galactic Federation and New Homes on Mars as well as on the Moon. When guests are behind the desk they will able to look at Skippy's computer that it is on the X-S Tech home screen.

ExtraTERRORestrial-Alien-Encounter-Skippy.jpg

Winding through the queue the guests will be able see several awards given to Mistoria Labs. Guests will continue to wind through the queue until they reach waiting room portion where they wait for the preshow doors to open. The preshow doors open every 5 minutes.

Pre Show -

The preshow room has been upgraded to be Professor Mistoria's laboratory, and her trusty robot companion named T.O.M 9000. Chemistry tubes run throughout the room with flowing colorful liquid. T.O.M 9000 is hard at work at the research table. While Professor Mistoria has a pad in her hand writing down notes about a chemical reaction producing the smell of jasmine. Once the doors close she'll stop what she is doing and look at the guests directly.

Tomorrowland-0186b.jpg

Professor Mistoria: Hello all you lovely people! I'm Professor Mistoria, and welcome to Mistoria Labs!
T.O.M 9000: And what am I chopped liver?
Professor Mistoria: No your T.O.M 9000 a fully functional robot, and not chopped liver.
T.O.M 9000: Hmph
Professor Mistoria: Ignore him he just needs an oil change. Well I assume your all here for your new jobs at Mistoria Labs! Your task is to watch over my latest creation, Pyra. Don't worry he's completely safe!
T.O.M 9000: Tell that to your last security guard. Burnt to a crisp poor thing.
Professor Mistoria: He's just teasing folks! (She looks over to T.O.M 9000) (In a whisper) One more remark like that, and your being deactivated.
T.O.M 9000: Well excuuuse me princess!
Professor Mistoria: Oh that's it! T.O.M 9000 I'm deactivating you right now!
(Professor Mistoria pulls a lever deactivating T.O.M 9000)
(T.O.M 9000 falls onto his desk with his eyelights flickering)
Professor Mistoria: There that settles that. Now when you enter the enclosure safety harnesses will be going down on to your shoulders. This is for your safety because Pyra is fairly strong so this should keep you in your seat. If anything goes wrong. Now to let you all in T.O.M 9000 only needs to let you in. T.O.M let them in. T.O.M? Oh how forgetful of me he's deactivated.
(Professor Mistoria reactivates T.O.M 9000)
T.O.M 9000: I live! So tell me what you want, what you really really want!
Professor Mistoria: I want you to stop making dated pop culture references!
T.O.M 9000: As you wish.
Professor Mistoria: Now let them into the enclosure.
T.O.M 9000: Bye everyone, good luck on not dying!
Professor Mistoria: Be brave, and one more thing! The enclosure is kept at 40 degrees Fahrenheit (4 degrees Celsius). It is kept so cold to help Pyra to sleep. Once Pyra is released the temperature will slowly go up. Now be brave, and march on!
(The doors to the theater open. They open every 5 minutes as Theater 1 will be ahead of the other theater by 5 minutes.)

Ride Stats & Information -

Attraction Type: Interactive Theater
Theme: Creature Creation
Number of Theaters: 2
Amount of Seats per Theater: 250
Duration: 10 Minutes
Viewers per Hour: 3,000
Viewers per Day: 15,000-21,000
Height Restriction: 40 in (102 cm)
Fastpass+: No
This attraction may be scary for young children.

Theater Description -

The theater will receive new paint and some burn marks from fire on the walls. The monitors will all stay, but the animatronics in the theaters will all be going way. The seats will be ripped out and replaced with new harnesses, and seats. The seats and harnesses will be more comfortable than what is currently present. The seats will also have built in heating pads in the back of the seat and where a guests bottom will be. Along with the built in heaters with be individual misters that are designed to spray a guests neck depending on the height of a guest. The individual misters will be built on the harnesses. On each of the inner side of the harness will be a mister. Lastly the seats will also have built in speakers to make the effects more on the personal effect.

Ride Experience -

Guests will enter the enclosure to see that Pyra is not visible and is still in its sleeping contraption. Guests will be allowed to be sit in any of the four sections. Once every guest is seated the harnesses will be lowered to their shoulders.

Mission_to_Mars_Magic_Kingdom.jpg

When all the harnesses are down Pyra's sleeping contraption is raised into the ceiling, and Pyra is revealed. Pyra will have a reptilian feel to himself. His skin will actually mainly be screen as it stimulates moving magma. While some parts of his body such as his jaws and claws will seem to be made of igneous rock. His eyes will be narrow and faintly glow orange. Pyra will be able to shoot out air from his mouth at temperatures up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit/38 degrees Celsius. Suddenly the monitors on the walls come to life.

Professor Mistoria: Okay everyone I am about to raise the container. Once again be safe, and good luck!

Pyra will be curled up in a ball sleeping still. The temperature however slowly goes up as it would. In 1 minute it goes from a frigid 40 to a cool 70. Then his eyes flash open, and his mouth coils menacingly. Slowly he gets up and gets into his hunched position with his tail swinging around slightly on the floor. He will slowly turn around the theater. Sometimes lowering himself closer to the ground with his eyes in a glare ready to pounce and kill. He will then finally crouch down at a certain section and open his mouth letting out a menacing snarl. Of course that snarl is not by it self everyone in this section will be hit by his hot breath from his mouth. He will do this several more times till the room is sitting at around 85 degrees Fahrenheit. Then with a quick and deadly swipe he reaches out, but quickly decides other wise to prey on someone else. All the while his tail will be slamming on his platform. The monitors once again crackle to life.

Professor Mistoria: What's going on in there? Oh my! T.O.M hurry I need you to lower the temperature in the enclosure! I'll lower the sleeping contraption. Hurry T.O.M!
T.O.M 9000: I'm on it!

The temperature slowly goes down to 65 degrees Fahrenheit. As the temperature goes down the sleeping contraption starts to go down as well. Pyra will be moving around roaring and growling to the audience and it will be readying to pounce. Right when the contraption goes down he strikes. When he strikes the contraption shakes a little but still goes all the way down. While he's inside the contraption guests will hear some banging, clawing, and eventually climbing.

Professor Mistoria: T.O.M where is he going?
T.O.M 9000: I believe he is heading for the outside of the enclosure.
(Ominous sounds are heard overhear in the theater)
Professor Mistoria: Well what ever he is doing is overheating the system.
(Audio starts to crackle as the lights flicker on and off)
Professor Mistoria(Crackly Voice): T.O.M? I think the electricity is gone. I need to find the backup generator!

The lights in the room eventually all go out. Guests then hear something scaly hit the floor. Guests will then hear Pyra moving about noisily. Pyra will stop in all 4 sections at different times. Where ever he stops the mist will start come out to feel as if he breathing on the guests. Along with the mist will be the sound of Pyra breathing. While the heating pads are activated and warm up guests. Finally after Pyra moves around some more he will start to climb back up and reach the upper level of the theater. As the emergency lights come on guests will see Pyra's tail go up into the dark theater.

All of a sudden the exit door opens as steam comes in. Rushing in is a cast member that is in a Professor Mistoria costume. Professor Mistoria will apologize for their bad day at work, and assures them that Pyra is fine. She will then open up a panel as she starts to switch several switches. All the lights come back on. Professor Mistoria then grabs a walkie-talkie looking device and contacts T.O.M 9000.

Professor Mistoria: T.O.M I want you to release these guys, and then to put the building on lockdown.
T.O.M 9000: Alright then. Oh no! It's -
(Pyra is heard growling and the sound of metal being ripped apart violently which could only be assumed to be T.O.M 9000)
Professor Mistoria: Oh dear that's bad.
(The harnesses go up releasing the guests)
Professor Mistoria: Let me contact Skippy and tell him to get out of here. You all hurry on ahead. I'll be fine.

Guests then leave and enter either Mickey's Star Traders or Merchant of Venus. Going down the hallways will be some Mistoria Labs theming.

Outside of Mistoria Labs -

All Stitch merchandise goes away as it will no longer be relevant in this part of the park. Replacing Stitch merchandise will be new Skippy and Pyra merchandise exclusive to these two stores. The Merchant of Venus will be rethemed to lose all Stitch theming. The Pleakly figure will completely go away. The newspapers featuring Stitch are all replaced with an ad for Mistoria Labs now Hiring! The Stitch meet and greet moves to Main Street USA. The reason being he will no longer have any connections in Tommorowland. Finally the Stitch's Great Escape entrance sign is of course replaced with a Mistoria Labs entrance sign.

Stitch.jpg

Thank you for reading!​

Brer Panther

Ladies and gentlemen, MY project... Which I'm admittedly not very proud of:

In 2004, Stitch’s Great Escape opened where the ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter once stood. Disney had figured that since everyone loved their 2002 release Lilo and Stitch, they’d love an attraction starring the film’s titular alien. They didn’t. Parkgoers resented the new attraction and Stitch for making them lose Alien Encounter.

Now it is time for Stitch to go back to Hawaii and free up a little space in Tommorowland for a new attraction. This is…

TIME-PLUCKED: UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL

The entry sign featuring Stitch has been replaced with a more futuristic-looking one. As we head inside, we find ourselves in a completely alien environment. The queue is rather dark, the only source of light coming from neon lines (a la Tron) that decorate the walls. Finally, we arrive in the pre-show area, which is designed to look like a scientist’s laboratory. In place of the Richard Kind robot is a new, completely different-looking one (think C-3PO meets Bender from Futurama) with the voice of David Hyde Pierce. He stands by a control panel.

Robot: (notices us) Ah, hello there! Uh, forgive the lack of light in the room. I’ve been meaning to get that fixed. Ahem… I am G.E.N.U.S… That’s G-E-N-U-S, not sure what that stands for… And you have somehow made it to the planet Ziens. Here on the planet Ziens, we have made many grand achievements in technology… And of course, by, “we”, I mean, “me”. I was, after all, created by a genius scientist myself.

He motions to a large screen behind him, which is playing a slideshow.

G.E.N.U.S.: I’ve made many inventions… For example, a car that flies…

The screen shows an image of said flying car crashed into a building with many aliens swarming out of it.

G.E.N.U.S.: Uh, well, I, uh, also made a helmet that can allow one to read minds…

The screen shows an image of said helmet exploding on an alien’s head.

G.E.N.U.S.: Er, I was also able to make a machine that…

The screen shows an image of G.E.N.U.S. riding Space Mountain.

G.E.N.U.S.: Okay, who’s the wise guy that stuck my vacation photos in the slideshow?! But today, you’re in for a treat. You are about to see my try out my LATEST invention… I could use a drumroll here… Behold, the TIME PLUCKER!

He gestures over to the tube nearby.

G.E.N.U.S.: With this machine, we can bring anyone from the past, or future, to OUR world. Like, let’s say you want to meet Attila the Hun. I just need to type in a date he lived to see, press the big red button and…

Smoke fills up the tube. When it clears, we see Attila the Hun inside.

G.E.N.U.S.: Ta-dah! Attila the Hun!

Attila the Hun quickly gets out his sword and uses it in an attempt to bust out of the tube.

G.E.N.U.S.: What the… Hey, cut that out! That is highly expensive glass! Come on; don’t act like you can’t hear me! I know for a fact that that tube isn’t SOUNDPROOF! Okay, how do I send him back?!

He quickly presses a button on the control panel, and smoke fills up the tube again. When it clears, Attila the Hun is no longer in the tube.

G.E.N.U.S.: Okay, uh, mental note… Never bring Attila the Hun to the present ever again. Uh, while I’m making a few adjustments to the machine, why don’t you head into the main theater? I’ll be with you in a moment. Let’s see, who else shouldn’t I bring to the present?

As G.E.N.U.S. talks some more, we shuffle out of the pre-show room and into one of the main theaters, which remain mainly unchanged from Stitch’s Great Escape, minus the plasma cannons.

Announcer: Attention, all earthlings. G.E.N.U.S. is about to show off his latest invention. As he’s doing this, please remain seated with absolutely no flash photography, eating, drinking, or smoking. Thank you.

After a few minutes, G.E.N.U.S. appears out of nowhere in the back of the room.

G.E.N.U.S.: Here I am, folks! Sorry I took so long, heh heh… (looks around the theater) Wow, the theater’s practically full! I guess the line for Buzz Lightyear was too long… Now, don’t worry, I’m SURE things won’t go as badly as they did before. I promise I won’t send that crazy hun back in here. Instead, I’ll start off the show with something that won’t go insane and try to eat us all. Let’s see, let’s see… Oh, I know! A knight! I’ll bring in a knight! Let me just type it in…

The tube, of course, fills up with smoke, and when the smoke clears…

G.E.N.U.S.: What on earth?! That doesn’t look like a knight…

Indeed, in the tube is not a knight, but a RAPTOR.

G.E.N.U.S.: Didn’t I type in “middle ages”?! Why did a DINOSAUR appear in the tube?!

The raptor snarls.

G.E.N.U.S.: Okay, do not panic, everyone. I’m going to send that raptor back before he gets out of the tube. Where’s the “send-the-dinosaur-back” button?

Suddenly, the theater goes dark.

G.E.N.U.S.: No, that’s the “Power Off” button that makes the power go out… Well, hopefully the raptor won’t realize that there’s a button inside the tube that can open it up.

We can now hear the tube opening up.

G.E.N.U.S.: Why did I say that out loud?

We can hear the raptor snarling under our seats. Occasionally, you might smell the raptor’s breath.

G.E.N.U.S.: Do not panic, everyone! I’ll see if I can hotwire the electricity, and then we can send the raptor back… Where are those cables?

The raptor can be felt crawling under the seats.

G.E.N.U.S.: Okay, Plan B… I’m calling Animal Control!

We can hear him dialing a phone.

Voice: You’ve reached the Galactic Animal Control Department…

G.E.N.U.S.: RAPTOR! TRYING TO EAT INNOCENT TOURISTS! HURRY!

Now, we hear the Galactic Animal Control Department entering the room and shouting. The raptor snarls. Finally, the lights come back on, and we see that the raptor is in a futuristic-looking cage with lasers for bars.

G.E.N.U.S.: (sighs with relief) It’s okay… We’re done… He’s been caught. Thank goodness. Okay, uh, I know the show was a disaster… But don’t worry, I’m sure the NEXT show will be better! So, uh, come back soon! Right after I fix this stupid thing…

And with that, the shoulder harnesses go up, and we’re free to exit into the gift shop, Merchants of Venus

THE END​

Again, I'm not one hundred percent proud of this project... Hopefully the next project I work on will be better.

ctxak98

Session 1- Seize the Future!
Hello Everyone! So just wanted to say that it feels really good to get back into the swing of things around here. I haven't REALLY fully participated in a competition 100%, since Wed's Think Different Challenge(which was a GREAT competition). So just wanted to say I am excited and thanks to the creators and hosts of this little project! Alright here we go.....On to the future!
ae20preprod20painting20big.jpg

Session 1- Seize the Future: for this session we were challenged to create a new show concept for the ride "Stitch's Great Escape", which use to be the terrifying yet awesomely weird, "Alien Encounter". Now I don't know exactly why that ride had to be changed to stitch(probably due to people loving stitch, and it was an easy switch), But I am not a fan of the change. I feel like Alien Encounter was quite a unique attraction, and deserved its spot in Tomorrowland. So I have created an attraction that I hope is unique, yet nostalgic all both at the same time. In a way I want this to feel like the Sequel to Alien Encounter, but from a different point of view. It won't really be a sequel to Alien ecnounter, as the characters and story are completely different. So without Further Adieu, "Come, Explore the Stars as you never have before. Find your own Universe out there. Join the AES today, and discover the wonder of space."

Galaxy Quest:
The Star Searchers

space-wallpaper-7.jpg
What Is Galaxy Quest: The Star Searchers?- galaxy Quest is an interactive journey through space on a mission to locate new planets, and any life forms that might inhabit the planet. Upon entering the AES transportation station, Guests are informed on why they are being Brought to the AES(Astronomical Exploration Systems) space Station. The Tomorrowland AES space station is the most high Tech space station facility anywhere in the galaxy. Guests are being chose to go on a special Mission to see if they have what it takes to become an AES "Star Searcher". This is all information given during the Boarding room. Once guests are properly informed about their mission, they are moved into the Teleportation chamber. The Teleportation chamber will transfer guests from tomorrowland, up to the AES Space Station where they will embark on a journey like never before.
Galaxy-background.jpg

You now board one of the "Galaxy Finder" Space Crafts. Upon entering the spacecraft guests are placed into rows and seats and get situated, buckling up and getting ready for launch. Once situated Captain Luna R. Orbit (a Robotic captain)enters the Galaxy finder from the center of the room. She welcomes everyone and starts the dispatch from the station. The Shutter around the outside walls open up, revealing a full 360 degree view of Outer Space and the AES Space Station. Holograms lights beam from the center console where Captain Luna Orbit is sitting. She Starts the shuttle off with a face blast to a distant planet called "Solaria". Upon arriving at our destination, we find our selves in a huge meteor shower. The Meteors drive us off course and we do an emergency landing on an unknown planet.
future-space-station.jpg
Once landed, Luna tells everyone to stay calm and just relax, we will have everything up and running in no time. Luna Sends out some Technicians to repair the ship. The planet is very dark and misty. We see the crew fly around the ship talking about how this place gives them the creeps. Guests hear a loud screeching roar from a distance. Luna quickly demands everyone board the ship. In a quick attempt the thrusters are back online. Right before take off we see a creature outside the window. It screams at the space craft as the thrusters are ignited. It jumps at us and rocks the craft. Luna bow blasts us off into space to avoid any more confrontation with the Alien Creature.
Space_Planet_Stars_Alien_Landscape_134977_detail_thumb.jpg
Once in Orbit again, Luna thanks the new crew for staying calm and relaxed, and that she will have us back at the station in no time. Just as she says that, the Galaxy Finder starts to malfunction. Lights start to flicker as smoke starts the enter the room. You can here the crew panicked and confused on what is happening. The Lights and power are completely Out now. All you can see is the stars around you. the panel in the center with Luna flickers every so often with bright blue lights. Suddenly the panels on the windows close, leaving guests completely blinded by darkness. Heavy breathing can be heard in the Background. "Its onboard the ship" Luna whispers "Everyone keep very still I will try and lure him to the lockout chamber"(at this point the Luna AA is moved and gone from the center of the room).
metal_watercolor_full2.jpg

During this part, guests sense the beast walking amongst them(very similar to the original Alien Encounter). After a while you hear a noise and the alien is in the center of the room at the control panel he swipes at the panel and runs off. The Creature has pressed the Code B button. The space station is starting to fall from orbit. The space station hurtles back towards the mysterious planet at s fast pace. The shutters open again revealing the spacecraft falling. Luna enters the panel station again quickly brings the galaxy Finder to a steady flight. Just as we get our spacecraft in flight again, the beast is now lured into the lockout chamber, which can be seen on an overhead monitor. Luna locks the creature inside, and send it on a departure far from the spacecraft.

Luna now apologizes again for all the trouble and blasts us back to the AES Space Station. She jokes "Well, I think you are all pretty well trained, just a basic day as a Star Trainer....please don't tell anyone about this, I don't want to lose my job!"
Guests now exit and can officially declare themselves a Star Searcher.

Queue- The Queue will be very much the same on the outside. There will be new signage and wall posters portraying the new attraction "Galaxy Quest". Posters that digitally change and promote the AES and Star searchers line the walls

Boarding Room-The Boarding room is very Space Station looking. With Hologram projectors lining the screens on the walls. Captain Luna R. Orbit comes on the screen and explains the mission and what we are here for. She then shows you the way to the Teleportation chamber which will be quicker than by space shuttle.

teleportation.jpg
Pre-Show- This has now become the Teleportation chamber. here guests will stand on specific number oriented spots in a straight fashion. When they finally teleport you, the room starts to dim. Fog and special projection effects swirl around you and on you. The lights blast out and huge gust of wind bursts through the room. As the room light begin to lighten, you are revealed to be on the space station. Using mapping projection, the room will look completely different upon arrival. Also a wall comes down to reveal a scenic window into outer space, giving guests a good view at the Galaxy.
DSC_0798.jpg

Show Room- This room will be pretty much the same with some minor details changed. The seats will be getting an upgrade with a more Roller coaster like harness and seat belts. This will ensure kids and adults will be safe. This room is not a Simulator as well as a show room. The whole floor can rock back and forth to give the sense of flight and movement. The outer walls are all lined with 3D windows now, similar to that of the windows at Hogwarts Express, but even higher quality. The AA in the center of the room is brought up through the floor where the Teleportation Tube use to be. The control panel will be very flashy with holograms and effects projected from it. Luna R. Orbit(female) and the Alien, are the only two AA figured in the show and are swapped underneath the platform depending on what part of the attraction it is. The ride length is about 8-10 minuted in length.

Hologram.jpg
Conclusion: I want this ride to be exciting and mysterious. The Alien part is very reminiscent of the old Alien Encounter and thats the way I want it to be. I think a little scare is healthy for anyone! Disney needs more rides like this IMO to appeal to some older crowds. Well anyways I hope you guys like my proposal. I wish I had more time to really go into detail this week and create my own concept art, but with finals and having 3 final projects due, I just didn't have the time for all of that this week! I just want to add that I did have a project similar to this about 2 of 3 years ago called "The Forbidden Planet" however I can't remember for the life of me where that is and I have no recollection of it anymore but I am pretty sure the attraction I created is completely different apart from keeping an alien creature! Thanks and Good Luck to Everyone!
Outer-Space-Wallpaper.jpg

RMichael21

Session One: Seize the Future - Concept Creation Challenge
GotG%20Logo_zps4lbrcdsq.png~original

Imagineers - the creators of all of the Disney Parks attractions that we know and love – tell stories within its attractions, merchandise locations and restaurants. Whether it’s a large scale E-Ticket attraction or a small quick service restaurant tucked away in the back corner of a park, a story is told to the guests that convey a sense of magic and wonder. This very characteristics about Disney Parks is what makes guests come back year after year, stay after stay. They come back because the young and the young at heart love to escape reality and become a princess or a pirate for a day. With the newest attraction at the world most attended theme park, guests who have always wanted to join the Guardians of the Galaxy gang and become their own Star-Lord will be able too with this amazing experience.

Guardians of the Galaxy is one of Marvel Entertainment’s highest earning $774,176,600 worldwide in the box office making it one of Marvel’s biggest successes. Not only is the Guardians of the Galaxy universe one of the most successful Marvel films on the big screen, the rich characters, action-packed plot and diverse setting make it the perfect property for a theme park environment.

Welcome to Guardians of the Galaxy: Battle of the Infinity Stone. This brand new attraction replacing the ill-fated Stitch’s Great Escape at the world’s most attended theme park will wow guests with amazing technology and an action-packed plot condensed into a 10-minute show.

Layout

Guardians of the Galaxy: Battle of the Infinity Stone will be split into three main portions: the main queue, the pre-show and the main attraction. Each progressively adds onto the storyline of the attraction and will build up to an exciting finale in the attraction.

The layout of the show building will stay roughly the same with the theaters, staying the way they are, just with an intense re-theme. However, the outdoor holding area will be turned into a normal queue and it will be covered with intense fans added to help the crowds stay cool in the hot and humid Florida weather. The queue will also be expanded (while still remaining under cover) out towards Astro Orbiter in order to allow more guests to queue at one time.

With this added queue space outdoors, a second pre-show room will be added, allowing for a doubled pre-show capacity. This allows extra guests to flow through the attraction, as there will be one pre-show room assigned to each theater. This allows a group of guests to enter a pre-show room every 4 minutes.

The “look” of the attraction will be changed dramatically. Instead of the industrial somewhat futuristic theme that Stitch’s Great Escape has going for it, the interior of the attraction will be re-themed with a sleek, modern look to coincide with the backstory of the attraction.

In addition, the main show area will be re-themed with a modern, sleek red and blue look that complements that rest of the attraction. The main attraction is a circular room, with four rows of seating (each row has 25 seats). In the middle of the room is a cylinder and a "balcony" of sorts circles the wall behind the guests. Because of this structure, guests will be able to see all of the animatronics/screens except for the one directly behind them (unless they turn all the way around).

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-03%20at%2010.28.17%20AM_zps6aabxdkr.png~original

Backstory

Guardians of the Galaxy: Battle for the Infinity Stone takes place 2 months after the events of the film. In the movie, Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket return the Orb with the Infinity Stone inside it back to the Nova Corp for safekeeping. What is the Orb and the Infinity Stone? They are a very powerful weapon, that when used, “can destroy all but the most powerful beings who wield it.” You can see why the Guardians of the Galaxy didn’t want it to fall into the hands of Ronan or Thanos.

Ronan:
30jtx5w.jpg

latest

Once the orb with the stone inside of it has returned to the Nova Corps headquarters, it is place in a high-security viewing room that allows guests and tourists of the headquarters to get an up close experience with the orb. Guests visiting the attraction, will be considered tourists of the Nova Corp headquarters.

However, with the stone being one of the most powerful weapons in the entire galaxy, many people desire it. These criminals want it in order to gain power and control.

NOTE: This backstory is explained in the pre-show.

Statistics

Attraction Type: Theater-In-The-Round Show
Attraction Duration: 12 Minutes
Pre-Show Duration: 3 Minutes
Hourly Capacity: 2000 Guests Per Hour
Average Daily Capacity: 30,000 Guests Per Day (When the Park is Open for 15 Hours)
Maximum Capacity Per Showing: 250 Guests
Ticket Rating: C-Ticket
Height Restriction: 38 in (97 cm)

NOTICE: This exciting attraction may be frightening for some guests.

Facade

The facade of the attraction will remain mostly the same, except with a new sign with Guardians of the Galaxy: Battle for the Infinity Stone out front.

Queue

When guests approach the attraction, a cast member greets them and then proceeds to check that every guest entering the attraction is at least 38 inches tall. Guests will then enter a switchback portion that includes interactive screens informing guests about the different areas of the galaxy.

In addition, throughout the queue, there are small, subtle references to Alien Encounter, Mission to Mars and Stitch's Great Escape.

Guests are now held up near an opaque door, until the previous group of visitors has been filed into the main attraction after the pre-show. Once the cast members have given an all clear, a group of guests are let into the pre-show room.

Pre-Show

When guests arrive in the pre-show room, they will find a similar set up to before. There are two levels for guests to stand on in front of a “stage” of sorts where the pre-show will take place. In addition, because most of the queue was moved to where the outside of the building is now, a second pre-show room will be added in order to accommodate a longer pre-show and the crowds that will certainly flock to this attraction. However, there are no capsules and no robot general in this pre-show. Instead, there are two large screens and a robot animatronic all in a sleek, modern room. This robot is seen pre-occupied with writing notes about something unknown. Once all of the guests have settled down, the cast member will start the pre-show.

Dorbio:

Tomorrowland-0186b.jpg

The lights in the pre-show room dim as the robot animatronic acknowledges the guests.

Dorbio -“Welcome! I see you all have made yourselves comfortable. Let’s begin shall we? Oh, dear! I almost forgot! My name is Dorbio Dulof, the executive of tourism here at the Nova Corps headquarters. Now, why are you all here today? No need to answer that was rhetorical. Of course I know why you have come today! To see the Orb of course! Why, I have timed your visit so you can see Intergalactic Channel 387 News segment on the Orb incident.”

The lights shining on Dorbio dim as the two massive screens come alive with a newscast that Dorbio explained.

On the screen, a clip of a glowing, metallic, sphere appears.

Newscaster – “This, is the Orb. ‘The Orb of what?’ you may ask. This object is known simply as the Orb. For, what many dark, malignant people seek is not what is on the surface, but deeper farther from their grasp.”

The screen now shows the Orb opening to reveal a glowing, purple stone.

Newscaster – “On the inside, hidden away inside the Orb is the Infinity Stone. This stone can destroy all but the most powerful beings that wield it. If this were to get into the wrong hands, the Galaxy would fall into an endless state of turmoil. However, thanks a special group of heroes, the Orb with the Infinity Stone inside of it is safe and sound here at the Nova Corp Headquarters.”

The film shows a group of people: the Guardians of the Galaxy. First, a talking, walking tree is shown with his talking raccoon companion.

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Trailer-2-Screenshot-groot-2.jpg

Rocket-raccoon-guardians-of-the-galaxy-2.jpg

Newscaster – “This is Groot, a tree that has the power to absorb wood as food and also has the ability to regenerate and control his own body mass by sprouting new roots. Unfortunately, Groot was killed after he sacrifced himself for the team. And with him is his loyal companion Rocket. This talking raccoon has an acute sense of taste, hearing, sight and has large jumping abilities. In addition, he can scale large objects such as walls and trees with ease.”

Next, a clip of Drax the Destroyer and Gamora appears.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault-1.jpg

Newscaster – “Next, we have Drax the Destroyer. He has the power of superhuman strength, stamina and also possesses the power to resist physical injury. With Drax is Gamora, the green-skinned daughter of the malicious Thanos has enhanced speed, agility, strength and durability. In addition, she has acute abilities in the martial arts and is an experienced hand-to-hand combat fighter.

Finally, we see a clip of Peter Quill, otherwise none as Star-Lord.

starlord.jpg

Newscaster – “And finally, we have Star-Lord. This half-human, half-alien strategist leads the team through different predicaments with his advances problem-solving skills. In addition, he has extensive knowledge of different cultures and societies throughout the galaxy, giving him the edge in battle.

The screen fades to black. Next, a clip of Star-Lord is shown in which he hands the orb and the infinity stone back to the Nova Corps general.

Newscaster – “After the events that resulted in Thanos and Ronan, who were both trying to steal the Orb, getting thwarted, the Guardians of the Galaxy returned the Orb with the Infinity Stone inside it to the Nova Corps for safe-keepin…”

The screen goes black suddenly, cutting off the program. Looking confused, Dorbio speaks up.

Dorbio – “Gosh, what now? Of course, the minute I show the guests the video it cuts out but it works fine when I watch it...”

A different, older newscaster appears on the screen with red lights flashing below his face.

Newscaster 2 – “We now interrupt your regular programming with a breaking news alert. Despite the fact that the ‘Orb Incident’ is two months behind us, there is still a threat. What is a threat? Althund Scorpiora, a malicious criminal who has been under maximum-security surveillance at the galaxy’s must heavily guarded prison for stealing precious, valuable items and committing countless felonies has managed to escape. How has he achieved this? This is unknown at this time, but an investigation with the IPA, the Intergalactic Protection Agency has an ongoing investigation. In addition, investigators believe that he is going after the Orb with the dangerous Infinity Stone inside it. But, there is hope, as the Guardians of the Galaxy have sent a direct message to the citizens of the galaxy.”

A clip of the Guardians of the Galaxy appears, and Peter Quill/Star Lord begins to address the galaxy.

Star-Lord – “Humans, Aliens and Creatures alike. Althun Scorpiora has escaped and it is believed that he is after the infinity stone. Shall you come into contact with this criminal, call the Guardians of the Galaxy and we will do our best to help. But, our largest recommendation is to continue with your daily lives and try to live as normal of a life as possible, as this wanted crime committer shall be caught at all costs.”

Dorbio shuts the televisions screens off and the lights brighten on him.

Dorbio – “Oh dear, this is dreadful. Well, we mustn’t dilly dally and focus on that frightening bit of news. We should continue on our tour like Star-Lord suggested. Well, I guess that it’s time to see the orb. Move into the next room and begin the viewing of the Orb and the Infinity Stone! I’ll meet you all in there, I just have to wrap up shop in here! See you all soon!

Guests will then move into the main attraction…

Attraction Experience

NOTE: All Attraction Animatronics are based off of the film and it's actors.

When guests exit the pre-show room, they will be directed to the show room with corresponds to the pre-show room that their group was in.

Inside, they will see a large, circular chamber with four rows of seats with a harness temporarily above the heads of guests. In the middle of the room is a tall cylinder; with opaque glass covering something perched on top. Everything in the room is themed to the red, blue and gray colors of the Nova Corp headquarters.

In addition, behind the heads of guests, is a long balcony that extends almost all of the way around the theater. Up on this "balcony" is where animatronics for the show will be located. Also, the "security room" which showcases the shadows of some of the characters of the attraction is here, forming a break in the balcony. Because of the theater's design, guests will be able to see 90% of the balcony/security room. With the other 10% being located behind them. However, this is not a problem, as the dialogue will be able to clearly convey who is talking at certain moments. You can see the balcony (and the rest of the show room) in the diagram below.

719ce51e-8f1b-4c29-af72-7cb64ca19c9a_zpstuhpga4c.png~original

Once every guest is seated, a cast member will lower the shoulder harnesses and start the show. But, before the show begins, we hear Dorbio saying the safety spiel. This leaves the standard of cast members saying it, making for a less “in theme” experience.

The lights dim, and we see a shadow up high in the “control room”.

Dorbio – “Hey Everyone! It’s Dorbio again! I’m up here in the control room! Let me just get the audio… And the lighting is… All right, we’re all set! Ladies and Gentlemen, the Orb!”

The opaque glass that was previously surrounding the cylinder is lowered, revealing The Orb. With a metallic, gray and blue appearance, the Orb is raised high in the middle of the room, where it is perched on a metal stand.

Dorbio – “But wait, the Orb itself is only half of the amazingness! I give you, the most dangerous weapon in the galaxy… THE INFINITY STONE!"

Two small mechanical arms rise from the cylinder and rotate towards the orb. These arms then separate the orb, revealing the glowing, violet stone in the center.

Guardians_Of_The_Galaxy_NOM0910_comp_v037.1043.jpg

Dorbio – “For those Orb geeks like me, the Infinity Stone holds the record as the”

Suddenly, an alarm sounds and the red alarm lights around the room begin to blink and flash, illuminating the space with an eerie red light.

Also, the theater begins to tremble and shake, as if an earthquake has struck the theater.

Alarm Voice – “Intruder Alert. Intruder Alert. Intruder Alert in Section B, Tourism Department High Security Sector.”

Dorbio – “Oh no! That’s where we are! I have to go get the general! He’ll alert the Guardians of the Galaxy. They’ll know what to do.”

We see Dorbio’s shadow run off. The sirens still blaring, guests begin to wonder what may be coming next. However, without warning, the sirens go silent and the viewing room falls into darkness.

Then, guests here noises. The noises are subtle, but also noticeable. Then, we here the Nova Corps general come onto the loud speaker.

General – “Guests currently in the Orb viewing chamber, there has been a security breach. The Guardians of the Galaxy have been called, but we’re doing everything that we can to restore power in the viewing room. In addition, the viewing chamber went directly into lockdown, so nothing has gone in or out. Oh! Here we go! Power is restored in 3, 2, 1.”

As the General counts down, the lighting in the viewing chamber is restored. However, the orb is gone.

General – “Oh no! The Orb is missing! If the chamber is on lockdown that means the thief is in the room. Be on your toes, and never let your guard down. The thief could be sitting right next to you. I have to get back up, stay put.”

The general’s shadow disappears in the security chamber. But, right as the general has left, the power goes out once more. Guests hear footsteps around them through speakers embedded in the floor and some even feel a warm breath on the back of their neck.

Next, something unexpected happens. Guests hear the prying of metal, is it the criminal trying to escape? However, despite all fear, it’s the Guardians of the Galaxy! Animatronics of Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket and Drax appear on the ledges above. Groot is absent, because of his death at the end of the film.

Alarm Voice – “Lockdown has seized in three, two, one. Maximum security lockdown complete.”

Star-Lord – “It seems that our criminal has found a way to hack the security system. Little does he know that we have a plan that is sure to work.”

Peter Quill says those last few words extra loud, almost as if to communicate with the criminal in an indirect way. However, the rest of the gang looks confused. Rocket speaks up with an audible whisper.

Rocket – “Um… We have a plan? We never talked about this you dumb…

Star-Lord – “Our plan is to pretend to have a plan. Confidence!”

We see Gamora’s animatronic disappear while Drax obviously gets annoyed.

Drax – “I didn’t come all this way to not have a plan. We need to find the intruder and the orb before it’s too late. I suggest that we blow him to bits and…”

Gamora’s animatronic returns.

Gamora – “While you idiots were fighting, I disabled the doors and all available exits. Our thief is still here and I believe that’s he’s hidden right…”

Before Gamora can finish her sentence, guests here banging in the air ducts above their heads.

Star-Lord – “He’s up there! Shoot!”

Laser Blasters fire up towards the air duct, just above the heads of guests. In addition, a pipe on the ceiling bursts, spraying guests with a gentle spray of water. In addition, we see a blaster also being shot through an air vent in the duct. Smoke fills the room and guests are right in the middle of the action.

Gamora retrieves an unknown weapon, which is actually a laser. She points it up at the air duct, moving it in a rectangular shape, making a “hole” in the duct. However, before she can finish the fourth edge, the hold falls through with the fourth, un-cut edge still attached to the air duct. Holding on for dear life above the audience is Althund Scorpiora, the Galaxy’s most wanted criminal who escaped from the prison. In his hand, is the orb.

All of a sudden, guests here the sound of handcuffs and the voices of the Nova Corps general.

General – “Pull him up boys. Hand over the orb and surrender!”

Guests see a set of animatronic hands pull Althund Scorpiora up away from the view of the audience. The attention turns back to the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Gamora – “Well done everyone! We rescued the orb. It would have been devasting to the galaxy if the orb and the Infinity Stone got into the wrong hands. The Nova Corp and the Guardians of the Galaxy are extremely grateful to you.”

A Nova Corps General animatronic appears directly next to Star-Lord.

General – “In addition, I’d like to thank you as well as the rest of your team. I don’t know what we would have done without you. I would like to bestow you the honor of placing the orb back in its rightful place.”

Star-Lord pulls a mechanical arm out of his pocket and places the orb in it. He then proceeds to trigger the arm, which reaches above the audience and manages to place the orb in its metal stand.

Rocket – “I’d like to thank everyone who helped me retrieve the orb as I am obviously the hero and…”

The Drax animatronic rolls his eyes.

Drax – “Yep, you sure are.”

Star-Lord – “Well, with the Orb and the Infinity Stone are safe! Once again, thank you for all of your help. I’m sure you’ve had enough action for one day, so go out there and give yourself some rest. But, I’m sure the Orb is still at risk with countless criminals wanting it, so be sure to come back and help us once more!”

Gamora’s communications system buzzes.

Gamora – “Well, it seems that we have a call quite a ways away. We’ll see you all soon!”

The 4 animatronics disappear and an animatronic of Dorbio appears next to the general.

General – “Well this was quite an eventful day! Thanks for your help Dorbio, without you, the visitors would never have been prepared for such an attack. Well done! You have earned yourself a promotion!”

Dorbio – “Thanks for coming everyone! Enjoy the rest of your day here at the Nova Corp headquarters.”

Once the animatronics of the General and Dorbio disappear, the lights return to normal and guests exit the attraction.

Attraction Exit

When guests exit the attraction, on the walls are screens that show different "news" articles and news reports of the events at the Nova Corp.

The exit will either lead into Mickey’s Star Traders or Tomorrowland’s main esplanade, depending on which theater you viewed the attraction in.

Merchandise

A new collection merchandise will now be sold at The Merchant of Venus and Mickey's Star Traders!

GotGMerch-070614.jpg

10216734_hi

tumblr_n9wr6q1QEI1sp7yfao4_1280.jpg
images

images
images

NewEra2.png
STK638046.jpg

10286987_hi
guardians-of-galaxy-groot-in-pocket--tshirt-navy-p965.jpg

boys-guardians-of-the-galaxy-i-bite-t-shirt.jpg
10280099_hi

Thanks for visiting Guardians of the Galaxy: Battle for the Infinity Stone! We hope you help protect the galaxy again soon!

Last edited:

Vipraa

Vipraalogo banner.jpg

Stitch Encounter

hkstitchencounter.jpg

Alien Encounter was a fantastic E-ticket attraction that was a truly unique offering to Disney Parks. Unfortunately its downfall was its placement in Magic Kingdom and due to its adult oriented nature it was shut down. Stitch’s Great Escape was an attempt to keep some of the thrills of Alien Encounter but make it more family friendly and not quite as frightening. This led to the botched attraction that we know today which is seen as terrifying by young children and just plain stupid to everyone else.

Stitch Encounter will be a brand new attraction that will require very minimal investment and downtime in conversion to the new attraction. This attraction will be based on the existing digital versions of Stitch Encounter from the international parks but using the animatronic and show elements that the special effects theater provides. Guests will be transported to the Mad Scientist / Evil Genius Jumba’s Lab to meet and interact with Stitch.

Queue

The entire Queue will be transformed into Jumba’s Secret Lab. While walking through the queue you will be able to see other experiments as basic animatronics interacting around the lab. These animatronics will be able to perform basic interactions with guests in the queue such as waving back at guests.

As the Guest enter the preshow room they see more experiments as well as a comical argument between two robots arguing about what to do with the new arrivals. The robots, Sergeant 90210 and S.I.R., bumble between talking about where to put the new experiment Skippy and trying to tell guests what to expect ahead. The arguments are all lighthearted and intended for comic relief with 90210’s naive nature contrasting with S.I.R.’s by the book serious nature. The argument is then interrupted by Jumba over a comm system and he tells the guests that he has something special planned for them and to meet him in the main chamber.

Show

Guests fill the theater quickly which as changed little from the previous attraction. The main difference is the lack of restraining bars over each seat. As the Show starts Jumba’s tone gets very ominous as he starts talking about his greatest creation. He Starts up the containment vessel to bring the creation forward and smoke billows from the devise. The containment vessel then flies open to reveal….. Stitch.

The mood immediately lightens and Jumba starts laughing about how he got you good and what a good joke it was. Stitch then proceeds to do a live show interacting with guests similar to the previous digital Stitch Encounter’s. The main difference being instead of talking to stich on a giant TV we get to do it in person with the fantastic animatronic from Stitch’s Great Escape. Stitch likes to play jokes on the crowd like spit at them or turn off the lights and play pranks in a lighthearted way. The animatronic and voices are done by live actors and puppeteers and are unique for each show.

For the finally of the attraction stitch decides to turn on the old teleportation device and teleports aways in a fantastic flash of light and smoke. He then challenges guests to find him hiding all around Walt Disney World.

Matt7187

Guardians of the Galaxy: Rocket/Groot Encounter
GOTG-poster.jpg
Guardians of the Galaxy was one of the highest grossing movies of 2014, and has earned the title from some as this generations Star Wars. What better way to capitalize on the smash hit movie than to have it replace one of the worst attractions in Walt Disney World in Sitich's Great Escape? This new attraction will feature the same theater layout, but with updated aesthetics and new seats. Sure to be a hit, Fastpass+ will be available for this attraction for both hotel guests and commuters. Without further ado, let's get on with the show!

Backstory: The Guardians of the Galaxy have traveled to Earth for the first time to stop the Ravager's expanded intergalactic terror efforts, and they need our help; just not with their mission. You see, only Star Lord, Gamora, and Drax are useful for this particular assignment, and they need someone to, well, "babysit" Groot and Rocket. There are two versions of this attraction; a "Mild" experience for Groot, and an "Intense" experience for Rocket. You will decide your experience of choice when you enter one of two lines, one for each. Then, for the preshow, the existing railings will still be there, with the top row and the right theater being for Groot, with the lower row and the left theater for Rocket.

Facade: As you walk into Tomorrowland, you will see a familiar spaceship on your left. The Milano is now parked near the entrance to Tomorrowland which will be one of the most popular photo ops in the park. Only the left side of the ship will be visible, with the other half being "inside" the show building as you enter the rear door to start your adventure.
latest
Queue: The existing outdoor queue will stay there, but a GotG mural will be added on the back wall. To control traffic flow, the rear door for The Milano will open and close periodically depending on how many more people can fit inside. Once you get on the ship, it looks like it does in the movie, until you work your way to the common area where you encounter 60% of the Guardians.
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Photo-Team-Milano-Interior.jpg
Pre-Show: You walk into the pre show with Starlord, Gamora, and Drax AA's chatting amongst themselves in the foyer type room of the ship. Gamora sees us, and alerts the others and she starts the spiel about what is going on (see backstory if you forget what is going on). We are then directed by tech assistants out of the Milano through a door into a top secret facility where Groot and Rocket will be held.

Rocket Encounter: After all guests have sat down and had their shoulder restraints lowered, Rocket will enter a la Stitch, and he will chat us up using MM+. Then, using the new AA tech being studied, he will exit the chamber and walk around. A live security guard will come in and yell at him for getting out of his chamber, and rocket will shoot at him, which sets off the alarms and the the lights go black. You then hear Rocket running around, guns going off with the occasional light pops of the weapons, feel him brushing up your legs or jumping on shoulders, and best of all, not smelling Chilli dog burps! Events like this go on for 90 seconds, when you hear Drax yelling, grabbing an upset Rocket, and dragging him to the portal. Then the lights come on, and you see a Drax AA holding a rocket AA trying to wriggle out of his grasp, and they are teleported away. Starlord then comes on the screens and us that Drax has Rocket handled, and we can go. You are then released into Mickey Star Traders, where it is stripped of all Stitch merch and filled with Guardians apparel.

Groot Encounter: Once everyone is in, your harness comes down and Groot enters. Once it starts, Groot will do his signature dance, say I am Groot, and grow all around the room and through the isles, spreading his branches. A very unique and special effect utilizing MM+ is that Groot will sprout flowers in front of little girls and other women for them to grab and keep (not real flowers, constantly restocking) After about 2 mins, Starlord comes on and tells us that Drax came back to attend to Rocket, so he will take Groot too and let us go.
tumblr_niovz61B221qlw75do1_250.gif

In conclusion, I feel like this IP is perfectly suited for an attraction in Tomorrowland (and apparently so do 3 others :p). There have been two attractions in this building previously utilizing the theater in the round, and neither have lived a full life, both for different reasons. Alien Encounter was closed due to it being too "scary", and now Stitch's Great Escape due to it being such a poorly created attraction that doesn't belong anywhere, let alone Tomorrowland. We have already solved the first issue by created an intense and a mild version before we even receive complaints from guests, and the second issue will be avoided because this property fits perfectly in Tomorrowland, no ifs, ands, or buts. Also, the third times the charm. :)

Thank you for reading my submission, and good luck to the 15 other contestants!

Last edited:

jdmdisney99

"Among the Stars"
Presented by Microsoft©

Pre-Pre Show (where the briefing with the Grand Councilwoman currently is):
The room appears like an airport terminal. More screens have been added along the walls to display arrivals and departures. Others feature breaking news from the Galactic Broadcasting Company (GBC). A ticket booth is situated near the front of the room. The robotic clerk, however, is out of order, standing lifeless with a sign denoting her as such.

502878717.jpg

(sorry for watermark)

flo.jpg

Suddenly, the GBC broadcasts are interrupted by a special message from the spaceport's lead engineer, Dr. Tom Morrow, PhD-TSD (Doctor of Philosophy and Time + Space). He introduces us to the special program and experiment that we'll be partaking in, previously unbeknownst to the group. He says that we will be the first civilians to board a functioning XS-ST04 Automatic Disk, which will be launched from Tomorrowland across the Universe and leisurely slingshot back. He then informs us that we'll soon be moved into mission control for further briefing.

missionmars1.jpg

Pre-Show:
Now we find Mr. Morrow in the flesh (*cough*silicon*cough*). He continues on, saying that we'll be joined by similar vessels launching from nearby Andromeda. We will be unassisted in flight, but we should not worry as each Disk has been set beforehand to the desired course on autopilot. In case of any emergency, the Disks will join together and immediately return to Tomorrowland in cylindrical formation. He then tells us that we'll be seated in the "great room" of the ship. However, in order to maintain the aerodynamic nature of such a Disk, that room also serves as the engine room. In the center of the room is the brand new "Extronium terrexium" power core, which, while extremely safe and efficient, packs a huge punch of ultraviolet light. To protect us from the negative affects, each passenger has to take a pair of Hololens Protective Goggles, to be applied before launch. He wishes us luck and we head into the great room, receiving our glasses on the way.

microsoft-hololens-lg-1500x1000.jpg

Main Show (background music):
We sit in the same arrangement as Stitch's Great Escape, complete with similar shoulder bars. However, they have been adjusted to fit better on each person's shoulders with special padding. At the center of the room is the innovative "Extronium terrexium" power core, not yet engaged for launch (it is a pure HoloLens effect).

dm-celeste-04.jpg

And on the walls all around us are "windows" (depth screens) like below. The ceiling loses it's guns but keeps the utilities, and it also gains a few porthole "windows".

SpaceSceneryWallpaper.jpg

Dr. Morrow comes onto the intercom and advises us to put on our HoloLens goggles, and he notifies us of the lowering shoulder bars. He then activates a holographic screen to communicate with us (HoloLens). Almost like an airline pilot, he guides us through the pre-flight process, starting up the power core. After a classic space countdown we launch at supersonic speed into space. However, after an enthusiastic "We have liftoff!" from Dr. Morrow, our transmission goes static. We begin to see other Disks through the window and come in contact with a few, all distressing for their similar loss of contact. Sirens and alarms pierce the air with loud alerts and bright red lights. A raspy voice comes on the intercom, followed by an image on the holographic screen.

alien_by_ogilvie-d5nxl1w.jpg

The alien informs us that the entire fleet of Disks has been hijacked by their alien race, the Zukuru. They have overridden the autopilot system's original course. The aliens plan on using the energy from all ten Disk "Extronium terrexium" power cores to destroy the sun, charging a supernova large enough to take out the entire galactic neighborhood. They need to return the ships to their home planet first, in order to properly extrude the destructive power from each core. Meanwhile the Disks begin to link up, corresponding to the Zukuru's plan of taking all ships at once. The alien leader tells us that it is impossible to resist, and to prevent anyone from trying, a Zukuru officer will be sent to each Disk. Suddenly a similar alien thuds into one of the windows and scales around the craft until he reaches the airlock that we entered through. With a gust of wind, we see the hijacker enter the cabin. As the alien leader signs off with a maniacal laugh, we realize the new passenger isn't alone. A shadowy figure sneaks up behind him and a scuffle ensues!

stock-vector-futuristic-super-hero-police-officer-flying-into-space-52208314.jpg

The power goes off extinguishing the lights as well as the anti-gravity enabler. By the light of nearby stars we vaguely see the two jolting about acrobatically through the air, landing on some people's shoulders. Eventually, our hero, the space "policeman", is able to open the hatch into space. Wind rushes through the room as the space-cop tosses the alien out with that classic one-liner..."And stay out!" He runs to the transmission table and reengages Dr. Morrow. The man tells us he'll go back to his craft and give us a tow. He takes a spacewalk around the craft to his cruiser. We can see his vessel coming around and attaching to ours. We quickly find ourselves back in port at Tomorrowland, with Dr. Morrow debriefing and discussing "the need to, ahem, iron out the kinks". The engine disengages and we remove our HoloLenses. We exit to the motto of, "There'll always be another test tomorrow!"

mickeys-star-traders-00.jpg

Both theaters show the same show like now and are rotated for showings to keep a consistent capacity. The HoloLenses would be introduced in an all new way, adding an entirely new, unique depth to the theme park experience. The technology will further be applied to bigger, "E-ticket" attractions if successful and convincing enough.

I hope your enjoyed your trip "among the stars" at the Tomorrowland Spaceport. Have fun in Tomorrowland!

tumblr_lub2jvGxz71r63keto1_500.gif

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Terribly sorry, but could I have a half hour extension. I'm almost done, but there's still a bit more I'd like to do. It's fine if you can't, I just figured I'd try.
I don't think it would be fair to do that just to embellish. If you have a specific reason why you can't post on time we can probably make an exception (For example, @TheOriginalTiki almost wasn't able to make it because of personal circumstances), but other than that we probably shouldn't.;):)
Feel free to edit it after the fact, while it won't count towards the proposal, it sure would be great to see your finished product!:)

MCParradox

An Adventure In Time

This attraction sees the building currently housing Stitch's Great Escape returned to its previous role as the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center, with a new show inside taking inspiration from the original ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, the now defunct Timekeeper from across the road, and Mission To Mars / Flight To The Moon. The layout of the attraction remains mostly the same, with the two theatres, preshow room and entrance hall remaining roughly the same, with large overhauls to better fit the story. The biggest change of the three is the entrance hall, which has gone from a darkened corridor to the wide open, glass walled Exposition Hall of the Convention Center, with the TTA looking down into the space as it passes. The preshow room is the same structurally as before, only with new colour schemes and designs, and a newly fitted screen behind the central desk. The two theatres have the same seating, but the walls and ceiling have been completely rebuilt to accommodate the new elements required for the show. To better accommodate the new floor to ceiling windows now looking out onto the Avenue of the Planets, the existing Fastpass+ kiosks have been moved to the old extended queue area, while the outdoor portion of the queue now extends up towards Rockettower Plaza, with the existing exit of the ride rerouted to run into Merchant of Venus.

The Show:

The Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center - Exposition Hall:

Guests enter the main exposition hall of the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center, a large open space with floor to ceiling glass windows on the left, and exposition posters for such events as "Mission to Mars: History or Hoax?" And "XS-Tech Teleportation: Seize the Future" on the right, with planters and benches scattered throughout. The Tomorrowland Transit Authority looks into this hall from above, as guests are ushered into The Professor's booth.

ZnBIzxp.png

[Above: The Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center Exposition Hall]

The Preshow Stage:

As guests enter, they are greeted by BEN-E, the most advanced robotic simulation of intelligence, who has a quick demonstration of the professor's technology for the guests. He sits at a control panel, and is fumbling with the controls when guests enter. To either side of the control panel sits a time manipulation tube, and within each is an observation robot (SKP-1 and SKP-2), broadcasting a live feed of its vision to a screen behind the control panel. As the robots scan the room, showing the guests' faces on the screen, BEN-E introduces the professor's invention, describing the wondrous things it can achieve. He notes that he has a few destinations already planned out, and sends the two scouts off into the past and the future.

iaGL0qQ.png

[Above: BEN-E]

With that, the lights dim, both tubes fill with smoke, and electricity flashes in the tubes. When the smoke clears and the lights return to normal, the two robots have disappeared, and their feeds on the screen have gone to static, with time/date indicators over the tubes flashing and changing. The first robot, SKP-1 arrives in the Jurassic period, it's feed displaying tropical foliage and a distant volcano. BEN-E explains that it is scouting around for landing locations, and takes it out to explore, locating a nest of Stegosaurus along the way. BEN-E then realises that the second robot is still moving forward through time, and pulls it out, a lot further into the future than intended. He proudly announces "the future!", but the location SKP-2 has arrived at is a post apocalyptic wasteland, with no living things in sight. The robot sets off to explore, finding nothing but rubble and dust. BEN-E initiates a lifeform scan, and finds a reading directly behind the robot. Turning it around, guests see a quick glimpse of a Morlock, before the feed switches to static.

qvyAFv9.png

[Above: Preshow Chamber]

BEN-E panics, and pulls both scouts back into the vortex. The lights flicker off, the tubes fill with smoke, and electricity flashes again. SKP-1 rematerialises intact, and begins scanning the room again. SKP-2, however, has been reduced to a pile of scrap metal, broken and sparking. BEN-E assures the guests that everything will be fine, and ushers them into the theatre.

Main Theatre - The Time Capsule:

As guests enter the time machine's passenger chamber, they see a central vortex induction coil, surrounded by 4 tiers of seats, each with a safety harness. On the walls behind the seats are a series of shutters, behind which lie CircleVision screens, and two large portholes on either side of the chamber. Below these screens are various vents, displays and machines, and above the guests heads are a series of supporting vaults. Between each vault is a metal mesh screen, above which are assorted pipes and tubes, and a maintenance catwalk. BEN-E appears on screens surrounding the top of the vortex induction coil, and encourages guests to move around the rows and fill every available seat. Once guests are seated, the harnesses lower onto their shoulders, the main lights are dimmed, and a series of spotlights illuminate the coil.

YybJ5ma.png

[Above: The Time Capsule]

BEN-E informs guests that they will first be visiting the Jurassic period, and that the scout robot has located a suitable landing site. He flicks a few switches on his panel, and the machine whirs into life. Lights flicker and fluctuate on the various pieces of machinery around the room, and the vortex induction coil begins to glow blue, as the containment tube fills with smoke. Electricity courses through the tube and the supporting ceiling vaults, and guests' seats rumble as time/date indicators tumble backwards rapidly. BEN-E suddenly realises that he forgot to compensate for the additional passengers, and boosts the power, inadvertently sending the chamber back too far. He opens the shutters, and the CircleVision screens show a fiery, molten world outside as the chamber begins to heat up. The guests have ended up at the birth of the planet, and BEN-E quickly attempts to send them forwards again.

tfq4fQ5.png

[Above: The Time Capsule, In The Vortex]

When the shutters reopen, the environment outside is a lush, prehistoric jungle, with numerous animals flying over the capsule. A T-Rex is spotted a few metres away, and seems to be looking right at the capsule. BEN-E assures the guests that it can't see them, as the transpari-phase system is activated. Nevertheless, the T-Rex begins pacing towards the capsule, while an eye appears just outside the opposite porthole. With an ear-splitting roar, the chamber shakes and creaks, and smoke starts to pour out of one of the vents. BEN-E reactivates the machine, leaving the shutters open as it enters the vortex.

With the transpari-phase system functional again, BEN-E informs the guests that they are heading somewhere "more civilised", and they materialise at the Paris 1889 Exposition Universelle. They arrive a few years early, and BEN-E moves them forward 'slowly', so they can watch the Eiffel Tower being constructed outside. After watching Paris develop a little, they move to the 1964/65 New York World's Fair, and then EPCOT Center, watching both grow and develop around them, before BEN-E takes the guests into the future.

Unfortunately, BEN-E has loaded up the time co-ordinates from the second scout, and the capsule arrives in the post apocalyptic distant future. As the machine phases in, it begins to malfunction. The landing was not properly planned out, and so the machine phases into the same space occupied by a Morlock nest. Sparks fly, lights flicker, and the room begins to fill with smoke. A Morlock phases into the vortex induction coil containment tube, a few ceiling panels fall, allowing loose pipes and wires to dangle above guests' heads, and the lights go out completely. BEN-E is panicking, making a lot of noise and getting nothing done, while Morlocks roam the capsule. Binaural sounds, misters, warm air, water spray, seat vibration, and restraint motion all combine to create the illusion that the Morlocks are really there, while the occasional flash of light reveals one hanging onto the ceiling snarling at guests, or standing on the broken containment tube. Eventually, BEN-E gets the power working again, and pulls the capsule back into the vortex. The electricity flashing around the room catches the Morlocks, and they begin to screech until it causes them to explode, showering the guests with blood (water).

8TRLE4H.png

[Above: The Time Capsule, Crashed]

2iyVnrV.png

[Above: Development for Morlock]

The capsule arrives back in Central Florida, and the view out of the windows shows a fully functional Tomorrowland city, with the TTA and monorail whizzing around, and Space Mountain and the Astro Orbiter visible in the distance. The Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center is being constructed around the guests, and once complete, the capsule lands with a thud, and the lights flicker back on. The smoke begins to clear, and BEN-E lifts the restraints, wishing guests a happy trip onwards, and pleading them not to mention the "little detour". As guests leave the theatre, he can be heard muttering about how much this will cost to fix, and how much work he will have to put into it.

wFdC4mG.png

[Above: The Time Capsule, In The Future]

Exiting the theatre, guests will now enter either Mickey's Star Trader's or Merchant of Venus, depending on which theatre they entered, both of which now stock items based on the experience, and the characters of BEN-E and the Morlocks.

References and Easter Eggs:

Throughout the experience, there are many references to previous attractions. Firstly, when you enter the main Exposition Hall, there are posters on the wall advertising "Mission to Mars: History or Hoax?" and "XS-Tech Teleportation: Seize The Future", referencing Mission to Mars and ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, respectively. Then, BEN-E refers to himself as "the most advanced robotic simulation of intelligence, a reference to SIR, who hosted the preshow for Alien Encounter. The two scout robots in the preshow are named SKP-1 and SKP-2, in tribute to Skippy, who appeared in the two tubes in both preceding versions of the show. Finally, throughout the experience, many pipes, tubes, displays and panels are labelled with the following codes:

• CL-NCH
  • LC-C
  • SP-LK
  • Fe-MS
  • GN-2
  • X-STK
  • ST-CH
  • L1-L0
  • M2M-75
  • F2-TM-71
  • AIT-16
See if you can work out what these reference for yourselves!

Realism:

The whole experience was designed to be something that Disney would realistically build, as opposed to a fantastic pipedream that has no chance of ever happening. Therefore, the layout was kept roughly the same, with only minor structural changes, and many show elements were retained from previous iterations of the attraction. The biggest structural change is the new glass wall for the Exposition Hall, followed by the new wall and ceiling structure for the two theatres. The preshow area is kept the same structurally, with a new copper and brass colour scheme to better fit the new story, a few new props, and a new TV monitor installed behind the control panel to display the two scout robots' feeds. BEN-E is a repurposed SIR / Sergeant 90210 animatronic, featuring a new head and body panelling.

Inside the theatre, the seating is the same, with enhanced effects and a new colour scheme. The teleportation tube now contains the vortex induction coil, and has a space at the base of the tube for the Morlock animatronic to rise from, along with another section of coil. This Morlock animatronic is a repurposed Stitch animatronic, and the Morlock hanging from the capsule ceiling is a newly built version of the same model, mounted onto a system whereby it can be swiftly lowered into and raised out of the theatre, allowing it to appear to scuttle around the ceiling vaults. The walls and ceiling of this theatre have been completely rebuilt to accommodate all of the assorted machinery, vents, ceiling vaults and panels, pipes and tubing, and the CircleVision screens and portholes necessary for the new story.

Technical Specification:

Preshow length: 5 minutes
Main show length: 12 minutes
Load / unload: 3 minutes
Theatre capacity: 162
Theoretical hourly capacity: 1296
Ticket rating: C-Ticket
Height restriction: 40in (101cm)
Notice: This attraction may be too scary for young audiences

Other Notes:

The attraction would be the launching point for a return to the New Tomorrowland update that launched Alien Encounter, with the TTA now referencing buildings such as the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center, Tomorrowland Metropolis Science Center, and Rockettower Plaza again. This would provide a cohesive overall story to the area, and remove all of the characters and IPs that don't really belong in a futuristic spaceport city such as Tomorrowland.

If you want to see all of the development images for this project in one place, follow this link to the Imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/rGupq

JokersWild

I don't think it would be fair to do that just to embellish. If you have a specific reason why you can't post on time we can probably make an exception (For example, @TheOriginalTiki almost wasn't able to make it because of personal circumstances), but other than that we probably shouldn't.;):)
Feel free to edit it after the fact, while it won't count towards the proposal, it sure would be great to see your finished product!:)
It's really mainly because I'm trying to finish this up in class. We're only watching a movie, but I'd like to not have a half written project, followed by bullet points. I'll definitely be able to get it in by 7, though!

jdmdisney99

An Adventure In Time

This attraction sees the building currently housing Stitch's Great Escape returned to its previous role as the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center, with a new show inside taking inspiration from the original ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, the now defunct Timekeeper from across the road, and Mission To Mars / Flight To The Moon. The layout of the attraction remains mostly the same, with the two theatres, preshow room and entrance hall remaining roughly the same, with large overhauls to better fit the story. The biggest change of the three is the entrance hall, which has gone from a darkened corridor to the wide open, glass walled Exposition Hall of the Convention Center, with the TTA looking down into the space as it passes. The preshow room is the same structurally as before, only with new colour schemes and designs, and a newly fitted screen behind the central desk. The two theatres have the same seating, but the walls and ceiling have been completely rebuilt to accommodate the new elements required for the show. To better accommodate the new floor to ceiling windows now looking out onto the Avenue of the Planets, the existing Fastpass+ kiosks have been moved to the old extended queue area, while the outdoor portion of the queue now extends up towards Rockettower Plaza, with the existing exit of the ride rerouted to run into Merchant of Venus.

The Show:

The Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center - Exposition Hall:

Guests enter the main exposition hall of the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center, a large open space with floor to ceiling glass windows on the left, and exposition posters for such events as "Mission to Mars: History or Hoax?" And "XS-Tech Teleportation: Seize the Future" on the right, with planters and benches scattered throughout. The Tomorrowland Transit Authority looks into this hall from above, as guests are ushered into The Professor's booth.

ZnBIzxp.png

[Above: The Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center Exposition Hall]

The Preshow Stage:

As guests enter, they are greeted by BEN-E, the most advanced robotic simulation of intelligence, who has a quick demonstration of the professor's technology for the guests. He sits at a control panel, and is fumbling with the controls when guests enter. To either side of the control panel sits a time manipulation tube, and within each is an observation robot (SKP-1 and SKP-2), broadcasting a live feed of its vision to a screen behind the control panel. As the robots scan the room, showing the guests' faces on the screen, BEN-E introduces the professor's invention, describing the wondrous things it can achieve. He notes that he has a few destinations already planned out, and sends the two scouts off into the past and the future.

iaGL0qQ.png

[Above: BEN-E]

With that, the lights dim, both tubes fill with smoke, and electricity flashes in the tubes. When the smoke clears and the lights return to normal, the two robots have disappeared, and their feeds on the screen have gone to static, with time/date indicators over the tubes flashing and changing. The first robot, SKP-1 arrives in the Jurassic period, it's feed displaying tropical foliage and a distant volcano. BEN-E explains that it is scouting around for landing locations, and takes it out to explore, locating a nest of Stegosaurus along the way. BEN-E then realises that the second robot is still moving forward through time, and pulls it out, a lot further into the future than intended. He proudly announces "the future!", but the location SKP-2 has arrived at is a post apocalyptic wasteland, with no living things in sight. The robot sets off to explore, finding nothing but rubble and dust. BEN-E initiates a lifeform scan, and finds a reading directly behind the robot. Turning it around, guests see a quick glimpse of a Morlock, before the feed switches to static.

qvyAFv9.png

[Above: Preshow Chamber]

BEN-E panics, and pulls both scouts back into the vortex. The lights flicker off, the tubes fill with smoke, and electricity flashes again. SKP-1 rematerialises intact, and begins scanning the room again. SKP-2, however, has been reduced to a pile of scrap metal, broken and sparking. BEN-E assures the guests that everything will be fine, and ushers them into the theatre.

Main Theatre - The Time Capsule:

As guests enter the time machine's passenger chamber, they see a central vortex induction coil, surrounded by 4 tiers of seats, each with a safety harness. On the walls behind the seats are a series of shutters, behind which lie CircleVision screens, and two large portholes on either side of the chamber. Below these screens are various vents, displays and machines, and above the guests heads are a series of supporting vaults. Between each vault is a metal mesh screen, above which are assorted pipes and tubes, and a maintenance catwalk. BEN-E appears on screens surrounding the top of the vortex induction coil, and encourages guests to move around the rows and fill every available seat. Once guests are seated, the harnesses lower onto their shoulders, the main lights are dimmed, and a series of spotlights illuminate the coil.

YybJ5ma.png

[Above: The Time Capsule]

BEN-E informs guests that they will first be visiting the Jurassic period, and that the scout robot has located a suitable landing site. He flicks a few switches on his panel, and the machine whirs into life. Lights flicker and fluctuate on the various pieces of machinery around the room, and the vortex induction coil begins to glow blue, as the containment tube fills with smoke. Electricity courses through the tube and the supporting ceiling vaults, and guests' seats rumble as time/date indicators tumble backwards rapidly. BEN-E suddenly realises that he forgot to compensate for the additional passengers, and boosts the power, inadvertently sending the chamber back too far. He opens the shutters, and the CircleVision screens show a fiery, molten world outside as the chamber begins to heat up. The guests have ended up at the birth of the planet, and BEN-E quickly attempts to send them forwards again.

tfq4fQ5.png

[Above: The Time Capsule, In The Vortex]

When the shutters reopen, the environment outside is a lush, prehistoric jungle, with numerous animals flying over the capsule. A T-Rex is spotted a few metres away, and seems to be looking right at the capsule. BEN-E assures the guests that it can't see them, as the transpari-phase system is activated. Nevertheless, the T-Rex begins pacing towards the capsule, while an eye appears just outside the opposite porthole. With an ear-splitting roar, the chamber shakes and creaks, and smoke starts to pour out of one of the vents. BEN-E reactivates the machine, leaving the shutters open as it enters the vortex.

With the transpari-phase system functional again, BEN-E informs the guests that they are heading somewhere "more civilised", and they materialise at the Paris 1889 Exposition Universelle. They arrive a few years early, and BEN-E moves them forward 'slowly', so they can watch the Eiffel Tower being constructed outside. After watching Paris develop a little, they move to the 1964/65 New York World's Fair, and then EPCOT Center, watching both grow and develop around them, before BEN-E takes the guests into the future.

Unfortunately, BEN-E has loaded up the time co-ordinates from the second scout, and the capsule arrives in the post apocalyptic distant future. As the machine phases in, it begins to malfunction. The landing was not properly planned out, and so the machine phases into the same space occupied by a Morlock nest. Sparks fly, lights flicker, and the room begins to fill with smoke. A Morlock phases into the vortex induction coil containment tube, a few ceiling panels fall, allowing loose pipes and wires to dangle above guests' heads, and the lights go out completely. BEN-E is panicking, making a lot of noise and getting nothing done, while Morlocks roam the capsule. Binaural sounds, misters, warm air, water spray, seat vibration, and restraint motion all combine to create the illusion that the Morlocks are really there, while the occasional flash of light reveals one hanging onto the ceiling snarling at guests, or standing on the broken containment tube. Eventually, BEN-E gets the power working again, and pulls the capsule back into the vortex. The electricity flashing around the room catches the Morlocks, and they begin to screech until it causes them to explode, showering the guests with blood (water).

8TRLE4H.png

[Above: The Time Capsule, Crashed]

2iyVnrV.png

[Above: Development for Morlock]

The capsule arrives back in Central Florida, and the view out of the windows shows a fully functional Tomorrowland city, with the TTA and monorail whizzing around, and Space Mountain and the Astro Orbiter visible in the distance. The Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center is being constructed around the guests, and once complete, the capsule lands with a thud, and the lights flicker back on. The smoke begins to clear, and BEN-E lifts the restraints, wishing guests a happy trip onwards, and pleading them not to mention the "little detour". As guests leave the theatre, he can be heard muttering about how much this will cost to fix, and how much work he will have to put into it.

wFdC4mG.png

[Above: The Time Capsule, In The Future]

Exiting the theatre, guests will now enter either Mickey's Star Trader's or Merchant of Venus, depending on which theatre they entered, both of which now stock items based on the experience, and the characters of BEN-E and the Morlocks.

References and Easter Eggs:

Throughout the experience, there are many references to previous attractions. Firstly, when you enter the main Exposition Hall, there are posters on the wall advertising "Mission to Mars: History or Hoax?" and "XS-Tech Teleportation: Seize The Future", referencing Mission to Mars and ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, respectively. Then, BEN-E refers to himself as "the most advanced robotic simulation of intelligence, a reference to SIR, who hosted the preshow for Alien Encounter. The two scout robots in the preshow are named SKP-1 and SKP-2, in tribute to Skippy, who appeared in the two tubes in both preceding versions of the show. Finally, throughout the experience, many pipes, tubes, displays and panels are labelled with the following codes:

• CL-NCH
  • LC-C
  • SP-LK
  • Fe-MS
  • GN-2
  • X-STK
  • ST-CH
  • L1-L0
  • M2M-75
  • F2-TM-71
  • AIT-16
See if you can work out what these reference for yourselves!

Realism:

The whole experience was designed to be something that Disney would realistically build, as opposed to a fantastic pipedream that has no chance of ever happening. Therefore, the layout was kept roughly the same, with only minor structural changes, and many show elements were retained from previous iterations of the attraction. The biggest structural change is the new glass wall for the Exposition Hall, followed by the new wall and ceiling structure for the two theatres. The preshow area is kept the same structurally, with a new copper and brass colour scheme to better fit the new story, a few new props, and a new TV monitor installed behind the control panel to display the two scout robots' feeds. BEN-E is a repurposed SIR / Sergeant 90210 animatronic, featuring a new head and body panelling.

Inside the theatre, the seating is the same, with enhanced effects and a new colour scheme. The teleportation tube now contains the vortex induction coil, and has a space at the base of the tube for the Morlock animatronic to rise from, along with another section of coil. This Morlock animatronic is a repurposed Stitch animatronic, and the Morlock hanging from the capsule ceiling is a newly built version of the same model, mounted onto a system whereby it can be swiftly lowered into and raised out of the theatre, allowing it to appear to scuttle around the ceiling vaults. The walls and ceiling of this theatre have been completely rebuilt to accommodate all of the assorted machinery, vents, ceiling vaults and panels, pipes and tubing, and the CircleVision screens and portholes necessary for the new story.

Technical Specification:

Preshow length: 5 minutes
Main show length: 12 minutes
Load / unload: 3 minutes
Theatre capacity: 162
Theoretical hourly capacity: 1296
Ticket rating: C-Ticket
Height restriction: 40in (101cm)
Notice: This attraction may be too scary for young audiences

Other Notes:

The attraction would be the launching point for a return to the New Tomorrowland update that launched Alien Encounter, with the TTA now referencing buildings such as the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center, Tomorrowland Metropolis Science Center, and Rockettower Plaza again. This would provide a cohesive overall story to the area, and remove all of the characters and IPs that don't really belong in a futuristic spaceport city such as Tomorrowland.

If you want to see all of the development images for this project in one place, follow this link to the Imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/rGupq
@MonorailRed
50396350.jpg

TheOriginalTiki

Project One by TheOriginalTiki
What do we love about Alien Encounter that most people hate about Stitch's Great Escape? There's a lot of answers one could give, but when I break it all down Stitch has always felt like a quick cashgrab on a popular character, wheras Alien Encounter offered some of the most unique storytelling in any Disney Park, both from a world-building standpoint and the creatively terrifying measures they went through to tell said story.

When presented with the chance to replace Stitch's Great Escape, I knew two things.

1. I was absolutely going to stay away from using an IP. In fact, by going back to the building's original Alien Encounter theme of an intergalatic convention center I hope to slowly bring back the "lived in" quality which Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland used to have in spades.

2. No matter how tempted I was to go back to aliens, I couldn't do it. Alien Encounter and its lore certainly opens the doors up for further development (a long running "lost" SYWTBAI would have had the teams designing a dark ride version of the experience) I wanted to stick in the realm of slightly dark sci-fi, and even explore some of the same themes and concepts as AE such as a shady corporation and a strong use of sensory effects to tell the story. With that in mind I welcome you to my first project for The Creator Games...

A Tour Thru Time: Presented by the Butterfly Corporation

The name of the corporation is emphasized heavily in the elaborate sign displaying a circluar machine with a wormhole looking vortex in the middle and the company's ominous red and orange "Butterfly" logo done up in a simple pattern. The building itself has been brought back to its former convention center glory.

As you wrap around the outside of the building waiting to get into the pre-show, you're treated to a variety of different posters for various time periods this "tour" promises to take you to. We see important moments in history such as the signing of the Declaration of Independence, Woodstock, the Italian Renaissance, as well as several paintings depicting various scenes from prehistoric time periods.

Pre-Show

Proceeding into the main pre-show, guests see the familiar glass tubes on either side. Instead of Skippy, we see a baby Pterodactyl scratching at the surface. We then meet our two main characters...Prometheus, a four foot tall, wrinkled "neanderthal" who discovered time travel during the ice age and used it to make himself immortal, and thus one of the most intelligent beings on the planet...And Abigail, a human-looking Cyborg from the year 2055, which was the first year Prometheus traveled to upon discovering his capabilities. Abigail and Prometheus have been long term partners in time travel, and seek to share their discoveries with the rest of the world.

Prometheus sits at a control panel, short and bearded muttering scientific gibberish to himself, which we see Abigail through the window of the adjacent room, a clipboard in her hand supervising the experiment that's about to go down. Abigail has the appearance of a beautiful short black haired woman except the left side of her face has exposed robotic wiring.

"Aaaah. Hello friends." Prometheus starts.

"I...Prometheus...her...Abigail. Together...we harness...time. Time is...River. Time able to pick things up in current. That what we do. We....pick up...time. We bring future...We bring past...We have capacity to bring any historical event you could even wish to witness...right to you."

Prometheus speaks in a stunted Caveman type way, but still comes off as very intelligent. Abigail then speaks.

"The chamber you're about to enter contains a teleportation tube just like the one you see in this room. While the tube will be traveling throughout history and picking out some wondrous sites for you, the theater itself isn't going anywhere. The future and the past will be teleported right to you, all at once!" Abigail exclaims proudly.

"Now for ...demonstration" says Prometheus.

"Allow me to....give this dinosaur....a friend.."

The second, empty glass tube sparks and smokes up, and out emerges a second baby pterodactyl."

"Did I say...one friend? I mean...three friends".

And with that, smoke fills the tube and two more baby dinosaurs enter the tube.

"Did I say three...haha...I mean...Five!"

"Prometheus!" Abigail yells. "Don't push it..."

"Pushing things...Abigail, is exactly what were here to do. Let's see five friends for our little dinosaur companion!"

And with that, alarms start going up as the tube with the three baby pterodactyls starts billowing with smoke. Suddenly a large crash is heard and we see that the tube has been broken. To our horror, a mangled and dead pterodactyl creature with five heads attached at various places on its body lies motionless at the base of the cracked tube. The other pterodactyl starts going nuts in the opposite tube.

"That...that was, a failed experiment, as you can see..." Abigail says to try to calm the crowd. "We can assure you, the events that will unfold before you in the theater have been much more closely looked after. No margin for error has been left unnoticed. Now if you will, please alert your attention to the doors in front of you. As they open please walk in a single file line and enter the theater."

Those who weren't scared off by the appropriately disturbing and dark humor of the pre-show then follow Abigail's instructions and walk passed the dead five-headed pterodactyl and into the theater.

The set up of the theater is entirely like Alien Encounter, with the same over the shoulder harnesses, placement of seats, and tube in the middle of the room. The only difference is that the tube is not bolted down and is already presented, for guests waiting for the show to start to speculate on what weird and possibly messed up stuff is going to come through it.

Breakdown of the Theater

As I said, the theater has remained largely unchanged on surface level, and retains the dark vibe of Alien Encounter's cold steel color scheme. The main addition is a control panel where guests can see an AA of Abigail overseeing the proceedings. Two screens on opposite sides of the theater display the "Butterfly Corporation" logo.

The glass tube has been extended out to where the steel bolted walls would have been, allowing for a bit more room. There is a basement level to both theaters where the various AAs are held and rotated in and out of the tube during the course of the show, which will be presented as a mix of cutting edge AA technology and the famous 4D sound and sensory effects that made Alien Encounter a cult classic.

The biggest technological achievement this attraction presents is the ability to showcase various "floating" AA characters using the same methods that make Leota's head float in the Haunted Mansion, but on a much higher scale. This will be the attraction's ace-in-the-hole "wow factor".

Scene One: The Ice Age
The show begins with Prometheus appearing inside the glass tube, checking it before conducting the first experiment. Giving a thumbs up to Abigail in the control booth, he announces that we'll first be bringing a creature back from the Ice Age. With that, heavy fog starts to fill up the tube.

When the fog clears, we can see Prometheus inside the tube with another taller neanderthal looking man carrying a large spear. The man in reacting to an AA Saber tooth tiger who is floating mysteriously in midway within the tube. He waves his spear furiously and scolds Prometheus with unfamiliar caveman grunts.

Prometheus quickly signals to Abigail and the tube is once again filled with smoke. When the smoke clears, a gigantic mammoth AA is literally STUFFED into the tube, threatening to crack the glass with its sheer width.

"Okay now...steady...steady" Prometheus says as the Mammoth starts to rise above the floor and levitate as much as it can given its size. The mammoth in mid-air begins to slowly rotate causing one of its tusks to break through the glass.

"Oh no...Emergency protocol. Send him back. Now!" Prometheus yells. Sirens begin to blare and a spinning red light begins flashing. Smoke fills the tube once again and when it clears only Prometheus remains, and the crack in the glass is still in tact.

"Whew...That close" says Prometheus. "It one thing to show you elements of time....It another entirely to have them loose in theater!"

Scene Two: A Riff in the Timeline

Immediately after the mammoth disappears, the two screens in the theater flicker on to reveal a bearded 19th century man played by Jeff Bridges. His name is Archibald, and he's essentially the "police force" for the Butterfly Corporation making sure the timeline stays in order through all the meddling. This time it's very much NOT in order.

Archibald scolds Prometheus on account of the experiment we witnessed in the preshow. The dead five-headed pterodactyl wasn't the only multi-headed flying dinosaur created. There is now a giant three-headed pterodactyl loose and going through all timelines.

At first, Prometheus wants to take the time to evacuate the guests before dealing with the situation, but Archibald demands that the situation requires immediate attention.

"Um...Okay. Change plans." Prometheus says. "We going back to the dinosaur age. Let's track down three-headed beast. Before it tears its way through history.

And with that the now familiar smoke fills the theater and the lights go out. The lights flicker as we see several AA pterodactyls that are literally flying in the tube due to the use of Disney's "flying dragon" technology they've been experimenting with. All hell breaks loose as one flies out of the tube and the lights again go out, resulting in an Alien Encounter style scene in pitch blackness with the sound and sensation of a swarm of Pterodactyls swarming around you.

"We need back-up" says Abigail from the control booth. "I'm sending in Maximus".

Another wave of smoke pours through the tube and emerging from it is an AA of a muscular gladiator as well as a large lion "floating" in the tube. The lion stares at the guests with hungry eyes and proceeds to break another hole in the tube as he escapes.

Were then plunged into darkness again as the lion circles us. We can also hear the sounds of Maximus's heavy footsteps and feel the swing of his sword just inches from our faces as he tries to tame the beast as well as kill the remaining Pterodactyls still in the building.

Scene Three: Breaking the law...of Time

With creatures and people from two different time zones now loose in the theater, the screens start to go static and revealed are two humanoid robots much in the same style as Abigail who look completely normal except for the robotic wiring exposed on the left side of their face.

The androids inform us that we've broken the literal laws of the space/time continuum and were all being arrested. Prometheus tries to plea for us to no avail.

With that, a group of four AA robotic SWAT style officers drop from wires in the ceiling and have us surrounded as we see an AA of the lion in the middle of the theater as well as several dead pterodactyls around the tube.

Suddenly, an enormous and monstrous looking robot emerges from the tube. It's at least ten feet tall with a Hulk-like body and razor sharp teeth. Definitely designed with intimidation in mind.

In the control booth, Abigail triggers a pair of laser cannons which are similar to the ones in Stitch's Great Escape but with a more realistic, gritty look to them. The cannons fire at the giant robot causing it to spark and fall over.

Fog again fills the tube and emerging from it is a guillotine straight out of the French Revolution. With one swipe, the giant robot's head is cut off and left dangling by a series of faulty wires.

Suddenly the lights go out again and we see the giant three-headed pterodactyl latched onto the side of the tube. Abigail fires a series of laser blasts its direction before it gives out a dying screech.

Scene Four: The Star Spangled Banner
In the grand finale of the attractions, all kinds of timelines start to merge into one. The lion has gotten back in the tube and starts to float as fog fills it, our assumption being that it's being sent back to gladiator times.

The guillotine and giant robot vanishes, but the lion is still left floating. In place of the robot is an AA of another historical figure...Jimi Hendrix.

Hendrix has been plucked straight from Woodstock and is in the middle of performing perhaps one of the most iconic pieces of music in rock music history...his version of the Star Spangled Banner.

As the Star Spangled Banner places, rockets and fireworks go off simulating that a bit of the actual American Revolution has found its way in as well.

Fog encircles the top half of the tube and swallows up the lion. It then swallows Hendrix as he finishes the notes of his stirring instrumental performance.

We then see Prometheus in the control room with Abigail. He releases us from out seats and thanks us for taking part in this journey through time that was filled with lots of side trips. And with that we exit the convention center and venture back into Tomorrowland.

Now if you'll excuse the Butterfly Corporation, they have A LOT of paperwork ahead of them...

Last edited:

JokersWild

Tomorrowland has been in a terrible identity crisis for the past decade. The “future that never was” has turned into a celebration of the future of Disney animation circa 2004. The land really needs a complete retooling. There isn’t really a problem with the land’s current aesthetic; the problem is in the substance. Most every ride in Tomorrowland is based off of a film. There’s nothing truly original to give the land the identity it deserves. The main drag is a prime example of this problem. On one side stands Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin and Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor (with the most unfortunate acronym), on the other sits Stitch’s Great Escape - an inferior re-skin with rather fake attempted charm that just leaves guests longing for what used to be. For this project, I have really taken it upon myself to try to bring three things back to this building: the charm, the experience, and the terror. That’s right. I said terror. What made Alien Encounter such a unique attraction was that it was so un-Disney. Nothing about it gave away any hint of it being in WDW. However, perhaps AE did need at least a small bit of the Disney charm. Because of this, it is my goal for this attraction to bring back horror back to Tomorrowland, while also keeping just a hint of that Disney charm and mystique to keep both the attraction, and its guests grounded in the Disney theme park experience. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you:

The Metropolitan Science Center

It is my hope that this ride will really bring guests back into Tomorrowland, and really revitalize the land in general. So, without further ado, let’s get into it.

Facade/ Outdoor Queue

As you make your way across the bridge between Main Street USA, and Tomorrowland, you quickly notice that something is...different. Stitch’s Great Escape seems to be no more. The entire building actually appears to be pretty abandoned, actually. The once-bright steel facade now seems to have rusted over around its rivets and edges, hints of greenery seem to be growing out of the seams, and the building just seems generally tired. The main thing you first notice is that the building is entirely enclosed. The outdoor queue is now completely indoors, separated by a thick-looking metal walls - almost like a set of blast doors. You can’t really see into the queue, as the only real windows are small slits in the metal sheets, but you certainly are curious. The large tower-like structure facing the Peoplemover station no longer features the signage for Stitch’s Great Escape. Circling the large spherical part of the tower, in large, rusted letters, read the words “Metropolitan Science Center.” Curious, you enter.

Entering under the tower, you see a rather large group of people entering the building. Not taking too much of a notice of these people, you continue into the queue.

The queue is a simple switchback. It no longer goes around the back of the building as it did before. In between the sets of switchbacks sit a few small displays; a few trophies, and medals. Only one exhibit really catches your eye. About ten feet away from each other sit a pair of rather interesting-looking metal towers, about 4.5 feet tall. The tops of each are enclosed in a dirty glass bubble. As you watch, you notice that a single ping pong ball is popping up out of one machine, and then the other. “Is...is that the same ping pong ball? Is the ping pong ball...teleporting? The sounds awfully familiar….” Stranger still, you notice that All of these displays are attributed to a single man: Dr. Gilbert Rotwang.” Curious. You continue on.

Making your way around the switchback, you pass the actual building wall, which looks pretty similar to how it looked before, metal with heavily tinted portholes. Attached to the walls are a series of posters that hang, advertising all of the planets in our solar system as vacation destinations. The most curious thing is that each poster is footnoted with the same tagline: “With black holes, a whole new world is open to you.” That’s...strange. You continue.

Reaching the end of the queue, you are lead into a small open area where other guests are gathered to join you in the ride. Before you stands a very large set of double doors, about 15 feet high. The doors are rather grand - brass-looking with what looks like a wire-frame globe indented in the center. The doors almost look rusted shut. Miraculously, however, the large double doors open, and a single CM slowly walks out, motioning the group of guests to enter. You, with the rest of your group, pass through the doors. They slam shut behind you in a startlingly fast manner.

Pre-Pre-Show

The pre-pre-show room is actually rather elegant. A few worn red leather couches sit against either wall, and the rug is a respectful forest green. The back wall has what appears to have been a wall-length waterfall. The water has all dried up, the pool now overgrown. On the back wall, which would be behind the waterfall, hangs the words “Metropolitan Science Center” accompanied by a globe similar to the one seen on the large brass doors you have just passed through; all rusted. By the doors hang two surprisingly clean white flags, each lit by a single light under the flag which reads “Seize the Future,” accompanied by that same wire-frame globe logo.

Suddenly the lights dim, and the wall opposite that of the waterfall lights up as a film begins to play from an unseen projector. A short 1950s-style reel film plays advertising travel to various resorts on different planets in our solar system, all through the power of black holes, which has been harnessed by celebrated scientist Dr. Gilbert Rotwang. The reel ends with the film burning, and the projector slowing to a stop. Without warning, the doors suddenly open. You and the group pass through

Preshow

Passing through the doors, you find yourself in a small exhibition room. It looks very similar to how it has in SGE, and AE. In the center sits a robot that looks rather similar to SIR. The doors close, and it appears as though the room tries to light up, but it can’t quite do it. Some lights turn on, but others stay off, giving the room a strange half-lit look to it. The robot begins to talk:

“O-oh. Hel-he-hello….”

The robot slowly chugs through the opening of a speech before his voice dipping and dropping out completely. The lights in the robot’s eyes then fade as he keels over the table in front of him. Suddenly, you hear the booming voice of Dr. Rotwang. As he continues talking, a TV attached to a propeller drops into view, featuring only a crazed-looking eye. This, as you learn, is how you will come to know Dr. Rotwang. He apologizes for not being there, but explains he is working on something much more important. As his TV bobs around, Dr. Rotwang begins to explain that his last test of black hole travel was rather disasterous. However, he thinks he’s worked out the kinks and is ready to test out his latest version of his invention. If it works, then his invention is a success and you’ll be trapped on whatever planet you’re sent to. If it fails...then I he’ll just have to try again. Excitedly, Dr. Rotwang leads you into the next room.

The Experience
.Room looks similarly, still with tube in center.
.Rotwang’s TV is present throughout.
.Blackhole is made in the tube.
.Tube is slowly brought down.
.Being comes out through the black hole.
.Terrorizes theatre.
.A determined Rotwang generates another black hole.
.Alien, TV, and the tube are all destroyed and sucked into the black hole.
.Guests are saved by harnesses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom