The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Are you going to take your stuffed Pluto again on your travels? He seemed to show up in many trip pictures from places that you and Mrs. Ferret went to. :happy:

We had our cast of characters along with us. Donald is mine. He is only about the size my hand. DD Pluto is about a foot. Pluto went to the parks several days in her string backpack with his head sticking out, same with Donald. Humphrey, the mascot of the Wilderness Lodge did not visit the parks but took photos all over the lodge.
DJuINzqWkAAB0w5.jpg

DKiCn9HW0AEehp_.jpg

DKiETrIWsAE3P6V.jpg

With photopass it made for some real cute and more original photos for us than we have previously had taken throughout the parks. The characters ie Pluto meeting Pluto ones were cute. Donald running away with my Donald. The Country Bears at the Wilderness Lodge too had some fun with Humphrey during our Hurricane Irma lockdown.

MySmallWorldof4

I am working on a trip report of sorts. I am about 1/2 finished. I did not take too many photos on this trip. I hope to have something done in a few more days.
I look forward to reading it.:)

Are you going to take your stuffed Pluto again on your travels? He seemed to show up in many trip pictures from places that you and Mrs. Ferret went to. :happy:
They need to put Pluto on a leash the next time.;):D

donaldtoo

Wow. Talk about a sweet landing! :inlove:

Interesting that I couldn't find much of anything about gyroplanes up here. Plenty of airplane and helicopter instruction, as well as gliders, but not much information about gyroplanes. They must be more popular down South.

Indeed.!!!!!!! :happy: :)

Yes, as a lot of them are still open c ockpit, they can be comfortably flown much longer throughout the year down in these parts. I have watched videos of fly-ins all over the southern states, but, yes, pretty much few in northern states.
As gyros continue to evolve, that will probably change. Many now have enclosed c ockpits, heaters, an even heated seats...! :)
They're very popular in Europe...England, Germany, Italy...!
Obviously, I am in love with this invention...!!!!!!! :joyfull: :happy: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

StarWarsGirl

I see you're still thinking like a student:joyfull: My dh just went and paid for the whole year seeing we're all on different schedules
Well, I only pay for what I use. Netflix, I use. Like, every day. Spotify, I listen to all day at work. Amazon Prime saves me time, gas money and I get awesome deals there. CBS All Access I don't really need at this point. When I move out, I'll probably get it because I can't see myself paying for cable. But for now, the only thing I would use it for is Star Trek Discovery. We have a DVR, so I can record everything else. Just seems like a waste of money to pay for something when I'm probably not going to use it.

Gabe1

Hey kids, check out the new package returns partnership now with Kohls, Whole Foods and Amazon! Could be convenient for many, if you have these stores in your area.

Updating here: Per the below, it's being tested in the Los Angeles and Chicago areas first, so not every state (yet).

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/20/16339750/amazon-kohls-retail-returns-los-angeles-chicago

Makes sense since Amazon is buying Kohls. I was in Whole Foods a week ago.

As you walked in the door set on a table was 2 versions of Amazons Echo. As I walked the store with my DD I saw nothing with lower prices that were speculated to come with Amazons purchase of Whole Food. Best I could tell the prices were just as crazy nuts as they were before. I bought strawberries.

StarWarsGirl

In other news, we took my car to the funeral service because we didn't know how parking would be, and if a car is going to get dinged, it's better for it to be the older one. My mom, who has been like, "Well, you can just save money and keep driving this one" by the time we got home said, "I don't think we should keep this one." And then said, "This car is noisy. I should have your father drive it so he can see." Gee, I've only been trying to tell you for, what, a year now?

Maybe they would think about cosigning a loan. They said I had to qualify on my own, but if it's something I need...and then maybe I could trade in the old one...this could work out.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
In other news, we took my car to the funeral service because we didn't know how parking would be, and if a car is going to get dinged, it's better for it to be the older one. My mom, who has been like, "Well, you can just save money and keep driving this one" by the time we got home said, "I don't think we should keep this one." And then said, "This car is noisy. I should have your father drive it so he can see." Gee, I've only been trying to tell you for, what, a year now?

Maybe they would think about cosigning a loan. They said I had to qualify on my own, but if it's something I need...and then maybe I could trade in the old one...this could work out.

You might already qualify for a decent loan. You've been at your job for a few months now and I'm assuming you have had a credit card for awhile. When I got my first job out of college I needed a new car too, like stat or I would be Flintstoning it. I got a decent loan/financing on my own.

StarWarsGirl

Earlier today, I could not find Belle. Went all around the house looking for her. Then, I noticed Jasmine was on top of the air hockey table. I thought about the fact that Belle could be in the hollow base of the table. I shined a light in there, and before I could even look, out flies Belle and charges up the steps.

Well, maybe I didn't know where she was, but there's no hiding from Jasmine.

StarWarsGirl

You might already qualify for a decent loan. You've been at your job for a few months now and I'm assuming you have had a credit card for awhile. When I got my first job out of college I needed a new car too, like stat or I would be Flintstoning it. I got a decent loan/financing on my own.
The only problem is that I'm still a contractor. I've been there, and they're looking for ways to make me an employee in spite of the hiring freeze, but that makes it tough.

My dad made me an authorized user of his card when I started driving so I could get gas. So my credit score is already in the 700s. But I have had trouble getting anything other than store credit cards. Just lack of history. That's what concerns me about qualifying for a car loan. Cosign would be helpful.

Those finance classes I took in college that I hated have paid off, though. I know what I can afford in car without anyone telling me. I've got the power. :D

Gabe1

Back in the early 90s, I recall staying at hotels up on I-Drive. This was before I-Drive got so crazy with gridlock traffic up there (before Universal really took off with big crowds), and also I'd only go during low-mid season for WDW. Back then, I'd have a rental car, too--nowadays, I never have a car, because I stay on property.

Anyway, there were tons of restaurants, very reasonably priced, within walking distance of most hotels in that area. I kinda miss those days, of just "winging it" without everything having to be "themed", as in WDW. It was like a nice little break from the parks' bubble . . .

I didn't mind staying offsite until the second kid came along. DD has never stayed offsite though that maybe coming on our next mini trip. Formula, baby food, strollers very hot car with an infant, 2 car seats...easier to stay onsite. With the then dawning of the moderate resorts $79-$89 value season there was no reason to stay offsite. Disney developed a business model to get guests to stay completely on property and it worked for a decade. They flushed that business model long ago though.

The first time we went for 2 weeks for Christmas it was beyond ridiculous already in the high season. We did it as we were traveling with my folks (the trip I've mentioned that my Dad would no longer be going to Disney with us) but we were paying I believe well over $200 per room a night for 2 rooms at the then Dixie Landings. The EMH was a draw for us to keep staying on property. Now they have slit so many EMH that it isn't really a draw. Now it has been the FP+ that my DD has become the master manipulator of. My DD can get a discount at the Swan Dolphin at certain times of year so that maybe a future possibility. I've stayed there and love it. One of the reasons I loved POR so much is it isn't a draw for guests not residing at that resort so you get away from the hype. And while it has a theme it isn't a Disney theme and I appreciate that. (those princess rooms would drive me nuts) I find that with the Wilderness Lodge too 'cause it isn't on the monorail loop so it is also pretty quiet. Some come for the dining but not nearly what the Poly and Contemporary residing guests endure. I wrestle with the cost of onsite and what we can get above and beyond for less than a moderate room given the Park Hours and EMH have been greatly reduced. Oh the ying and yang. My first world problems. :joyfull:

Gabe1

That is one of the coolest, futuristic things I've ever seen!! :jawdrop: :cool: (It would fit nicely somewhere in EPCOT.)

The Bean is the crown jewel of the park. Depending on where you stand is what you see in the metal reflections. People to water to skylines.

Still the park is huge and has so much to offer from plays, concerts, a water fountain splash pond (free) that is awesome for little ones to run around in. It has projections on the fountain similar to Disney's but long before projections were a staple at Disney Parks. They have a playground that is beyond massive, in the winter they have a ice skating park that you see couples skating in, very sweet. It sits in the heart of the area of Chicago we travel to. I love it. Still it was above and beyond a ridiculous price tag for a public park. We go, we enjoy and love it even more since we didn't have to pay for it.

FutureCEO

The only problem is that I'm still a contractor. I've been there, and they're looking for ways to make me an employee in spite of the hiring freeze, but that makes it tough.

My dad made me an authorized user of his card when I started driving so I could get gas. So my credit score is already in the 700s. But I have had trouble getting anything other than store credit cards. Just lack of history. That's what concerns me about qualifying for a car loan. Cosign would be helpful.

Those finance classes I took in college that I hated have paid off, though. I know what I can afford in car without anyone telling me. I've got the power. :D

Helpful for you...not for your parents. Granted a car is cheaper than university but that's how most parents get screwed when it comes to college loans.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Makes sense since Amazon is buying Kohls. I was in Whole Foods a week ago.

As you walked in the door set on a table was 2 versions of Amazons Echo. As I walked the store with my DD I saw nothing with lower prices that were speculated to come with Amazons purchase of Whole Food. Best I could tell the prices were just as crazy nuts as they were before. I bought strawberries.

They're buying Kohls?! I couldn't find any information on that. What was your source for this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom