The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Saturday I slept until 11 am. Then yesterday I slept until 10, and today only until 9:30. Tomorrow, my brother and I are headed to Typhoon Lagoon, so we'll probably get up early. And by early, I mean 7:30 or 8. Not 5:30 like @figmentfan423 does.
Sleeping in until 5:30 would be different for sure, last time I did that was in Orlando. Not quite 5 and I've already done a yoga practice and the second load of laundry is in.:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well, actually........................Behold Cauliflower Steak! ;)
View attachment 224253

http://thewimpyvegetarian.com/2015/...s-sicilian-style-sundaysupper-mcskilletsauce/

INGREDIENTS
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Rub the cauliflower surfaces with 1 Tbsp olive oil and McCormick's Perfect Pinch spices. Add 1 Tbsp oil to the skillet and heat up over medium-high heat. When hot, add the cauliflower. Sear for 2 minutes each side, and add the orange juice, scraping up any bits on the skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the steaks are soft enough to insert a knife into. Remove to a plate and tent with foil.
  2. Add the final Tbsp oil to the pan and add the red peppers. Sauté until lightly charred and beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the onion, raisins, and capers. Sauté until softened, about 15 minutes. Add the Sicilian Skillet Sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Pour over the cauliflower steaks.
  3. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
That looks good, I'm not a fan of pouches but may try and replicate it with fresh ingredients. THNX ps I'd also have to quadruple the recipe at the very least

Figgy1

Premium Member

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning poor James on top of having no summer vacation he has to be up and out a bit early today. They finally have a fun day with no work for the music geeks so they all have to be at the school early for the bus. First football game Friday and school doesn't even start for 2 weeks. The early start to the season has something to do with a project at the other school

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Good morning poor James on top of having no summer vacation he has to be up and out a bit early today. They finally have a fun day with no work for the music geeks so they all have to be at the school early for the bus. First football game Friday and school doesn't even start for 2 weeks. The early start to the season has something to do with a project at the other school
Football ? or Handegg ?
index.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well, actually........................Behold Cauliflower Steak! ;)
View attachment 224253

http://thewimpyvegetarian.com/2015/...s-sicilian-style-sundaysupper-mcskilletsauce/

INGREDIENTS
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Rub the cauliflower surfaces with 1 Tbsp olive oil and McCormick's Perfect Pinch spices. Add 1 Tbsp oil to the skillet and heat up over medium-high heat. When hot, add the cauliflower. Sear for 2 minutes each side, and add the orange juice, scraping up any bits on the skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the steaks are soft enough to insert a knife into. Remove to a plate and tent with foil.
  2. Add the final Tbsp oil to the pan and add the red peppers. Sauté until lightly charred and beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the onion, raisins, and capers. Sauté until softened, about 15 minutes. Add the Sicilian Skillet Sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Pour over the cauliflower steaks.
  3. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.

Purge the cauliflower, and the rest is o.k. ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
From my Grandparents backwards there were family secrets. My Gran on my Dads side which I knew better when asked a pretty general question about family was often met with Why do you ask these questions? Why do you need to know? My Grandfather was dead before I was born so Gran took many secrets to the grave but her cousins in Illinois over time have shared some of those ledges. I was Grans girl. I was the one she shared recipes, was taught to cook correctly, how to sew. She was a smart lady that learned things the hard way immigrating when she was 19 and never looking back. I was a teen by the time she went 'home' one time. She died at 83. She wasn't a warm and fuzzy person.

My Grandma (Mom's mother) was the leader of the pack or so she thought. It worked with some of her 12 children. The ones it didn't moved far away. Both she and my Grandfathers parents immigrated into Canada. Around 20 years old they both immigrated to the states when they were old enough to leave Canada. Since they were born Canadian they eventually had duel citizenship. My Grandfather worked in Canada as a young man for the railroad and continued to work for the same Railroad down in the Chicago area somewhere. We lost the trail of our family in Canada though I guess if we put some more effort into it we could trace with the immigration papers to the states we have.

They all could have shared but that generation backwards kept their secrets. I knew even my Dad knew more than he admitted to.
We can likely track them all down but the stories are likely lost forever.

Yup, that was a generational thing for the most part. My grandmother on my mother's side was almost an open book--very personable and shared plenty of stories. However, my grandfather, and both grandparents on my father's side, were tight-lipped. Due to that, I barely knew anything about those three, and as a result, never bonded with them. My siblings felt the same way about them--they were relatives, but almost strangers. Perhaps that was the norm in how they grew up--very little contact with grandchildren..

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep my friends next door were drag racers. They and their friends had their own motor homes and that is how all weekends during summer fall were spent. They all as friends/circle had their food, liquor duties for the weekend including for those with good ones, farmers market. I didn't understand the draw to sleeping at the same track weekend after weekend as 'fun' but they sure loved it.

Reading this from a purely objective point of view, it seems like the racing was a backdrop for the real reason--getaway weekends of fun with a group of people. (I'm not a big group person--I kinda like my space, but I also know that there are plenty of people who really like to be around a bunch of pals.)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Football started so excited!!!!!! Go Liverpool.

I can also get Italian, German and Spanish soccer. I have a favorite team for the Bundesliga but not for the others. I watched the Spanish for the first time the other day (Barcelona was playing).

I don't understand why it changed to bold font.
Might have to put you on ignore now you have outed yourself as a Liverpool fan. Go Canaries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom