The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope he gets better soon. Sympathy for your son too. When it rains it pours. Pixie dust, and hugs....
Thanks. Yep, it's been a rough week. He was supposed to come home today, but then got a fever again. He'll feel good one day and then the next, he has a set back. They gave him a walker because he's not strong enough to walk on his own, but they want him to practice with it at home, so now they are waiting until he doesn't have a fever. But all the IVs and such have been removed, so that's a good step.

MOXOMUMD

The shopping inside Mexico was amazing. Back in the day, I had difficulty choosing what to bring home as a souvenir. The whole atmosphere in there was so festive--especially at night, for some reason. China was nice, but didn't hold my interest like Mexico. Japan was always a favorite of mine--so far, they haven't wrecked that one.
I always get something in Japan. I can spend an hour looking. :)

betty rose

So glad you are getting better!! I missed you. Take it slow and easy. Ohh Rocky Mtn park will be a treat. Tell him to take lots of pictures!
He is going too. We are so excited to go to the park. It's a treat for us. We haven't gone in several years. I'm hoping for pretty flowers, I wish the peak to peak highway is a good as I remember, tons of alpine flowers.

betty rose

Thank you! I'm thinking I MIGHT be coming down with something...I think I'm getting a fever blister and I only get them when I have been exposed to a lot of sun, which it's been cloudy here the past couple of days, or when I'm pregnant, which I am definitely not, or when I actually get a fever or am overly stressed. It COULD be stress, but with the achy joints, being sooooo tired...I'm thinking probably a bug.
My Mom always got a fever blister when she was coming down with a cold. I hope it's not too bad, if it's a cold. I'm hoping stress and it all goes away. You and the family are in my prayers.

betty rose

Thanks. Yep, it's been a rough week. He was supposed to come home today, but then got a fever again. He'll feel good one day and then the next, he has a set back. They gave him a walker because he's not strong enough to walk on his own, but they want him to practice with it at home, so now they are waiting until he doesn't have a fever. But all the IVs and such have been removed, so that's a good step.
I'm glad to hear this. Prayers for more progress and for you and the family.

StarWarsGirl

I never liked leaving my doggies, either. I tried not to think about them, they were well taken care of...but it's hard to miss your best doggie friend, along with your kitty.
Yeah, I really was missing Belle. The good thing about getting the new cat (Maggie) will be that Belle won't be by herself anymore.

Speaking of Maggie, my cousin is taking her to the vet when she gets the other one. At this point, it seems I'm getting Maggie unless somehow she comes up positive for Feline HIV. I should have a definitive answer next week.

There's just so many cats here that rehoming her here seems unlikely.

MySmallWorldof4

I came back to a nice little harvest. 4 green bell peppers, 5 little cherry tomatoes, and a few strawberries. Had to use some cilantro. With our cooler temps, it grew like crazy.
Our strawberries are pretty much done, but we did get a few pounds from the plants at least. Zucchini is forming now and our snap peas are growing like weeds. :)
And if you are like me, they go from a lovely shade of red, back to a pale white. No tan.
Sounds like me.

donaldtoo

Sounds like a day you'll remember. We went to a Japanese Hibachi grill when we were in the US for dad's funeral and I was just in the totally wrong spot. First the guy was trying to flip something...I think onion? And it skidded across the grill and knocked my hot and sour soup into my lap. Ow. Then he was trying to do something with eggs and he missed and the egg splattered all over the table and my plate and everything..so he tried again, and the egg landed in my rootbeer. Fortunately he did that right as a server was there with a rag to clean up the soup, so she saw it and went and got me a new rootbeer immediately. Then he was trying to shoot zucchini into people's mouths and he hit me right between the eyes. I don't know if he was just new or if he was drinking the saki, or if that's normal for a hibachi grill...I don't have any plans to go back to a hibachi grill any time soon. I'd rather eat my food than wear it or be beaned with it. He's lucky it was ME and not my brother...I'm the patient and easy going one. My brother would have been yelling after the first egg. As it was, he thought it was hilarious.

Oh my! Sympathy like.

But, at the same time...!!! :hilarious: :oops: ;)
That sounds like a sketch SNL should have done back in the day with John Belushi as "Samurai Hibachi Chef". I remember they did do "Samurai Delicatessen"...!!! :hilarious:

https://www.hulu.com/watch/4262

donaldtoo

This is obviously meant for the money is no object crowd. And I could see how some would love the idea of a morning being transformed into Cinderella, arriving in style, and then pictures in the "coach" in front of the castle.

Yep, and if you can afford it for the whole trip that's one thing. But if you can/want to only afford it for a day or two, you better make it the last day or two of your trip, or their could be a special snowflake meltdown when you hafta' switch back to the regular ride...!!! :cry: :eek: ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom