The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
You raised an interesting point, and it does make me pause here for a bit. Perhaps nowadays at the (organic) places, they're more careful with the conditions of the chickens.

Down through the years, a number of the (non-organic) egg farms had tons of violations in the health code, and in those cases, I definitely would want them to be given antibiotics.

So maybe the choice now is to pay more for (trusted, well researched places) that have organic eggs, if you can pay more. If you can't pay more and have regular eggs, then we can take some comfort in knowing that perhaps the worst diseases have been knocked out by antibiotics. I think I'm just glad that I don't eat many eggs!! ;)

I don't eat lots of straight up eggs either. But I do eat lots of foods that have eggs in them throughout the week.

Me <------- I try not to dwell on the whereabouts of where my food comes from or I'd likely never eat. I do pay attention when companies have too many recalls.

Gabe1

I remember someone mentioned that the simulators do not even exist anymore. They were all removed and the space turned into storage areas.

Yes. I understand they picked it apart for the Studios simulators. Just void rooms and railings. There is a YouTube from someone that was sneaky and went back there and filmed. Same with the Imagination upper level. The lounge is more in the landing area from the escalators. Most of the upper level is still very much intact. Unfortunate, but my kids did get to experience the pavilions of Epcot in all their glory. I actually pulled 3 of my photo albums a few weeks ago. It too my kids with sombrero hats on in Mexico back in the glory days of the 'market' in that World Showcase pavilion before food and beverage were expanded. It was fun. We never left Mexico without buying something it seemed, same for China before they gutted that too. Hope they leave Japan alone.

Gabe1

Last time we checked none of the costs would be covered and we would have wound up paying for all the training for the pup and my ds out of pocket:greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy:. I know things have changed for the better and we may look into it again but none of us are quite ready for another dog. The boys think maybe getting a cat or ferret may be in their future, I'm not so sure I want somebody I'll be totally responsible for quite yet.

I know the University of Illinois and likely other Universities around the country have students training dogs to go to School. They are awesome and it is a club so there is not a cost attached for training all these Pups. I've watched the results with autistic children in our school district and for whatever reason these kids with their dogs in school and in public have just blossomed. I was in awe with the first lab that entered our school about a decade ago.

Gabe1

Brussel sprouts, too??!! :eek:

Man, mouth a watering. Roasted Brussel Sprouts off the Barbie Q. Slurp.
I also grill an awesome sweet sour Spinach with a touch of bacon.
20160503-memorial-day-grilled-vegetable-recipes-roundup-12.jpg

Gabe1

When I was in Vietnam, we drank water from the old glass "bubbler" type water coolers. The water was a yellowish color and had a variety of things, bugs etc. floating in it. Drank it anyway because it was wet and cold. Never got sick, nothing! Nothing ever happened. Probably why I worry so little about the products we are getting today.
The above statement is in no way an endorsement for drinking yellowish, mystery infested water. It is just to point out that a whole lot of the world survives quiet nicely on things that we would consider totally repulsive.

We all do what we have to do. Get that.

I lived in a community for a while with well water that had a factory that produced agent orange. I'd pay for the bottled water to just know it was tap water from somewhere else.

Gabe1

Happy anniversary to HP and the ST. 20 years ago today the first book was released. guess what we're watching tonight. So good night and have a great evening. Time to pop the corn:hilarious:

I listened to an interview from one of her ghost writers today. The trivia I never knew...like the title of the first book being changed for Americans, cause they wouldn't grasp the title do to English vs American usage of words. It was a fun listen.

I find it awesome that Uni glommed onto HP. It really brought attention to those parks as a destination. They've come a long way in very short order, especially in a time when Disney put WDW on hiatus. It has been well over a decade now because of my school board position utilizing the hotels on Uni Property that I was spring boarded into Uni land again and haven't looked back. It makes for a well rounded vacation and their resorts are awesome. I am so in love with the Portofino.

Gabe1

Hi, I'm back... lots of things going on, the boy's were sick, and so was I. It was a two and one half week virus. It hit all over the body. I'm feeling much better, but far from well. Mine went into a bacterial bronchitis infection. This has happened the last two trips. We are going to try one more. But we may have to be out for Disney. Or we only do things outside of the park. That's okay, for me. I'm feeling my age more and more. Now, I'm more rested, and don't feel horrible. Other things are going on with the family, so it's been double stress. Hubby planned a trip to the mountains, we drive, and spend 4th of July, resting. We will go to the Rocky Mountain Park, and sit in the amphitheater to watch for animals, and the afternoon thunderstorms. We may stay for the campfire program, or maybe not. It may be too much smoke or we can sit in the back. They are lots of fun, usually informative about the park. Sorry, I haven't been on for so long....I spent a lot of time visiting Mary Jane (bathroom). Or being sick to my stomach....then the cough that kept me up all night. I'm glad to be back on, and a big hello to everyone, from me. I see I have a lot of catch up to do. As hubby says....all in good time.

Just so happy to hear from you again. Be well my friend.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I know the University of Illinois and likely other Universities around the country have students training dogs to go to School. They are awesome and it is a club so there is not a cost attached for training all these Pups. I've watched the results with autistic children in our school district and for whatever reason these kids with their dogs in school and in public have just blossomed. I was in awe with the first lab that entered our school about a decade ago.
That's beyond awesome:joyfull: When we checked into it it was about 15 years ago and so much has changed since then. I'd be open to it now if he wanted a dog but he has his heart set on a cat. He was very close to ours who with no training seemed to know how to calm him down. Maybe it's a good thing we're currently petless with James going to high school and having signed up for what seems like everything and now he's talking about track in the spring:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: I was hoping he'd at least think about dropping one activity. It's hard enough getting his brother to bowling:banghead:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I listened to an interview from one of her ghost writers today. The trivia I never knew...like the title of the first book being changed for Americans, cause they wouldn't grasp the title do to English vs American usage of words. It was a fun listen.

I find it awesome that Uni glommed onto HP. It really brought attention to those parks as a destination. They've come a long way in very short order, especially in a time when Disney put WDW on hiatus. It has been well over a decade now because of my school board position utilizing the hotels on Uni Property that I was spring boarded into Uni land again and haven't looked back. It makes for a well rounded vacation and their resorts are awesome. I am so in love with the Portofino.
My dh wants to go to RP next time we go to Orlando. getting the guys back to Disney may not be easy even more so now with VB open.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Unfortunate, but my kids did get to experience the pavilions of Epcot in all their glory. I actually pulled 3 of my photo albums a few weeks ago. It too my kids with sombrero hats on in Mexico back in the glory days of the 'market' in that World Showcase pavilion before food and beverage were expanded. It was fun. We never left Mexico without buying something it seemed, same for China before they gutted that too. Hope they leave Japan alone.

The shopping inside Mexico was amazing. Back in the day, I had difficulty choosing what to bring home as a souvenir. The whole atmosphere in there was so festive--especially at night, for some reason. China was nice, but didn't hold my interest like Mexico. Japan was always a favorite of mine--so far, they haven't wrecked that one.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It's called applying sunscreen every 2 hours with an spf of at least 50:rolleyes:

I was watching a show recently, and the dermatologist was saying that SPF above 30 really don't do much more than 30. He said that some companies charge more for the higher numbers, and he suggested to just stay at 30 for a more reasonable price, since the higher numbers don't produce higher benefits. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom