The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hi, I'm back... lots of things going on, the boy's were sick, and so was I. It was a two and one half week virus. It hit all over the body. I'm feeling much better, but far from well. Mine went into a bacterial bronchitis infection. This has happened the last two trips. We are going to try one more. But we may have to be out for Disney. Or we only do things outside of the park. That's okay, for me. I'm feeling my age more and more. Now, I'm more rested, and don't feel horrible. Other things are going on with the family, so it's been double stress. Hubby planned a trip to the mountains, we drive, and spend 4th of July, resting. We will go to the Rocky Mountain Park, and sit in the amphitheater to watch for animals, and the afternoon thunderstorms. We may stay for the campfire program, or maybe not. It may be too much smoke or we can sit in the back. They are lots of fun, usually informative about the park. Sorry, I haven't been on for so long....I spent a lot of time visiting Mary Jane (bathroom). Or being sick to my stomach....then the cough that kept me up all night. I'm glad to be back on, and a big hello to everyone, from me. I see I have a lot of catch up to do. As hubby says....all in good time.
Yea for getting better but take it easy. Your plans for the 4th sounds fabulous:joyfull:

betty rose

When I was in Vietnam, we drank water from the old glass "bubbler" type water coolers. The water was a yellowish color and had a variety of things, bugs etc. floating in it. Drank it anyway because it was wet and cold. Never got sick, nothing! Nothing ever happened. Probably why I worry so little about the products we are getting today.
The above statement is in no way an endorsement for drinking yellowish, mystery infested water. It is just to point out that a whole lot of the world survives quiet nicely on things that we would consider totally repulsive.
Maybe, being in Vietnam, made you much stronger. My Mom was afraid of germs, I think sister and I go too much overseeing. We can't get into new situations, without getting sick.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hi, I'm back... lots of things going on, the boy's were sick, and so was I. It was a two and one half week virus. It hit all over the body. I'm feeling much better, but far from well. Mine went into a bacterial bronchitis infection. This has happened the last two trips. We are going to try one more. But we may have to be out for Disney. Or we only do things outside of the park. That's okay, for me. I'm feeling my age more and more. Now, I'm more rested, and don't feel horrible. Other things are going on with the family, so it's been double stress. Hubby planned a trip to the mountains, we drive, and spend 4th of July, resting. We will go to the Rocky Mountain Park, and sit in the amphitheater to watch for animals, and the afternoon thunderstorms. We may stay for the campfire program, or maybe not. It may be too much smoke or we can sit in the back. They are lots of fun, usually informative about the park. Sorry, I haven't been on for so long....I spent a lot of time visiting Mary Jane (bathroom). Or being sick to my stomach....then the cough that kept me up all night. I'm glad to be back on, and a big hello to everyone, from me. I see I have a lot of catch up to do. As hubby says....all in good time.

Yea! Bets is back in town!!! :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: Welcome back!!

MySmallWorldof4

Happy to see you back!! :)Ask your doc about supplementing with Vitamin D and C. They help to boost immunity especially during winter months when we don't get out in the sun.

Happy anniversary to HP and the ST. 20 years ago today the first book was released. guess what we're watching tonight. So good night and have a great evening. Time to pop the corn:hilarious:
Wow!! Time flies!! Great idea for tonight!:)

donaldtoo

That is definitely one of the sweetest things I've read on this forum. You're a really great uncle :inlove:

We'll likely do BBB when my daughter is older (she'll be two months shy of three when we go). No judgement whatsoever on the experience or the cost. My point was just that the price point for the stroller was around the same as BBB and Disney is selling out on BBB spots six months ahead of time. So I'm guessing the stroller will do well also.

Hahaaa...!
Thank you, but, I wasn't really in on much of the planning. Other than using my CM discounts and all those complimentary park hopper passes, it was mostly all planned by DWifey and both DDs. But, yes, although BIL did cover the airfare for both MIL and niece, we picked up the balance, beyond my CM discounts, for all the other major expenses. It was the first WDW trip for both of them, and it was more than a pleasure to do it for them. BILs divorce was more than a bit rough on everyone in their home.

As I posted, we bought her princess dress from the local Disney Store I was a CM at with my 35% discount. There was no CM discount for BBB, but, DWifey says what we had done for our niece was only about $70. She was so happy, and stayed in all her princess glory the entire day. She was so shy, but, had such a great time with all the "magical" attention.
And, yea, I didn't think you were judging, per se, but, personally, so many of the upcharges are sure up there $$$$$-wise :greedy: ;). But, if people are willing to pay those prices, then ya' can't blame Disney for charging what the market will bear. :cyclops:

Also, BBB came along well after our DDs were little, plus they probably would never have wanted to do it anyway. They love Disney and most of the princess movies, but, were never really obsessed with them. DS is pretty much the same way about Star Wars, Pirates, etc.

As far as the stroller goes, all I can say is WOOF...!!!!! :eek: ;)

StarWarsGirl

My favorite story from when I was here: we all watched the new Beauty and the Beast. During the beginning of the movie, my youngest niece was very confused because the prince was wearing make up. My aunt explained that a long time ago, wealthy men would wear make up. The older one piped up during the ballroom scene, with a grin on her face, "So Mommom, is that how you dressed when you were younger?":hilarious:

Then, decided to designate us all with characters from the movie. My grandma is Cogsworth. My cousin is Le Fou (which she got because she was not up to defend herself). Then, my niece (same one who made the earlier comment) pipes up to my aunt, "Well, are you Mrs. Potts? Because sometimes you're the Beast.":cyclops::hilarious:

And I was Belle, according to them. My cousin tried to steal it, but they were like, "Nope!":inlove:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hmpf. No life jackets. :cyclops:

DDKx5Q6XoAUhjPT.jpg

Keep thinking about the little tyke today at AoA. Hope keeps getting better.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Whelp, last day of vacation tomorrow. I have a late flight, so I can still go to the beach. Sad it's ending, but ready to not be getting sunburned daily and to be back in my own bed. And back with Belle. I always miss her terribly when I'm gone.

For decades I had to matter a factly not go there when on vacation. I learned early on with all my Pups even though they were in good hands I'd start to miss them a lot, so I deliberately force myself not to let my thoughts go there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom