The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

You are so right about that. People I thought I was friends with are posting things that I cannot believe.
I just noticed some of them even called you to "get help".

This is why I mostly steer away from youtube as well. There are videos that show real racism while people chant trump. And they(conservatives pro trump) still claim "not racist at all" or even claim that the Judge getting these people(who committed a violent hate crime) in jail is "harsh".

Songbird76

That wasn't the evil part. The evil part was what came after. I have Spotify connected to our smart TV, and a few weeks ago, I figured out that I could get it to play on the tv from work. So after getting her text back, I got the TV to play Good Morning from Singing in the Rain.

Now I have to watch out for whatever payback will surely come...
Very sneaky...I swear you are part cat.

Songbird76

Sympathy like. I'm looking forward to our school year being done but I keep looking around the house and seeing all the tasks I want to get done. It is becoming a long list.
When is the last school day? We don't get out until July here. The kids just started doing their end of the year testing for report cards this week and they'll finish next week and then we get report cards on the 16th of June, and then the weekend after that is the last parent teacher conference for the year. We should get DD's preliminary school advice then to see what we can expect with the official school advice next year and then she can start applying to high schools. YAY!!
I got the laundry done this morning, though...I'm caught up now!

Songbird76

A few more pictures from EPCOT, lunch at America and dinner at Artist's Palette. Hubby and I saw the cutest little boy dunking his donut in the fountain at France and then eating it. His Mother was sitting there paying no attention. Wonder if he has a stomach ache about now? That's it for today.

View attachment 206656 View attachment 206657 View attachment 206658 View attachment 206659 View attachment 206660 View attachment 206661 View attachment 206662 View attachment 206663 View attachment 206664 View attachment 206665
Is that meatloaf with the gravy? Or was it salisbury steak? It looks yummy!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Gabe1 I went shopping
I ordered two bathing suits. I'll probably only keep one since I really only need one and can return stuff to the Sears less than five minutes away from work, but I'm not sure which one I'll like better until I get it in person
This one I know will fit, but it's similar to one I already have:
https://www.landsend.com/products/w...EARCH_OH&action=DTP_SEARCH_OH&query=482393OHX

This one I really liked color-wise, but it's a different style than I normally wear, so I'm not sure whether it'll work or not:
https://www.landsend.com/products/w...EARCH_OH&action=DTP_SEARCH_OH&query=478223OHX

And then I got a cover-up.
https://www.landsend.com/products/w...EARCH_OH&action=DTP_SEARCH_OH&query=481291OHX

Keep both suits--I like each one equally.

Songbird76

Oh My! The dinner from h*ll. Hope the food was good. I feel for your son, non of us are fond of tickling so something we never really did. I admire his restraint but crawling under the table and her chasing him, oy. I'm surprised her Dads didn't take her outside to get a grip on being in public. My kids went to fine restaurants from young and boy all I had to do was glare and they shaped up and that was incredibly rare and usually when my BILs kids were the catalyst.

Not that any of us are good at funerals but what freaked your BIL??? Could the child been picking up on his anxiety? Odd curiosity. I remember your stories of them looking for a surrogate. Is that what they did or was the niece from a different relationship or adopted. Begs for the rest of the story if you don't mind sharing. :) If that is too private, I get that too, no worries. :happy:
Sorry, I wasn't clear...it was my SON who freaked about going to the funeral. In the end, I think it was better that he didn't go. He doesn't do well in an emotionally charged atmosphere. But my BIL went. Yes, they used a surrogate for my niece. They originally planned to have another, but then their surrogate got pregnant with her own, so they'd have had to wait, and now she's moved and my BIL is going to start working full time in the fall, so it's not a good time for another. But my niece has them fleeced...as soon as they look at her, she bursts into tears and asks "Am I in trouble??" and they end up reassuring her, rather than disciplining her. So when they told her to leave her cousin alone, he didn't want to be tickled right now, she started crying and said "But I'm just playing! Are you mad at me?" and then she went and sat with Granny for 2 minutes and then she went right back to running around tickling everyone. I was babysitting her one day and she had been told at least twice a day not to play with the water in the bathroom, just to wash her hands, dry them and be done. So I'm babysitting, she goes to the bathroom and I remind her not to play in the water when she washes her hands. She says I have to "bemind her" and I told her that's what I was doing, and if she played in the water and made a mess, she'd get a time out. She tried crying and telling me that she might forget, but she didn't want a time out. I told her she forgot a LOT and a time out would help her remember, so if she made a mess, she would get a time out. So then before she washed her hands, she closed the door and I could hear the cup that's for when she's brushing her teeth and is not supposed to be used for hand washing...so I called in to her that I could hear that cup and she'd better not be playing in the water. This was literally 10 seconds after I told her she'd get a time out if she made a mess...I ask her what she's doing...she says nothing. I said "So if I open that door, I'm not going to find you playing in the water and there won't be water all over the counter and the floor?" And she cries and says she doesn't want a time out. And I told her that if she doesn't want a time out, then she just shouldn't play with the water. She was lucky...I caught her before she had time to actually play and make a mess. I should have just let her do it and then put her in a time out, but I didn't want to clean up the mess and I wanted her to know I wasn't fooled. By the time I left, even when the daddies were home, if she was doing something naughty, she'd look at me and cry and say she didn't want anyone watching her. She knew I wasn't going to fall for the tears. Hello, kid...I got 2 of my own...you think my kids never tried that on me? She's testing the limits...I hope her daddies figure it out soon. Those tears work like magic on them, but you can tell they are fake because as soon as she's sure she's not going to be punished, they magically stop and she goes right back to doing what she was doing, and then when you call her on it, it's "I forgot." You forgot you weren't supposed to do the thing I JUST told you not to do, literally 2 seconds ago? (yes...2 seconds, and I wish I were exaggerating...I told her not to stick her hand in the paint water, she looked at me and did it again and then told me she forgot she wasn't supposed to. The paint went away.) She's a pretty naughty one. My kids wouldn't try HALF the things she does...well...they may have tried them once, but never again. I'm like you...I would have had her out of the restaurant and we'd be having a discussion about behavior in public and about personal boundaries, and there would be a time out if she didn't listen.

Songbird76

Good morning I'm hoping to spend much of today outside before the rain hits tomorrow. I know my plants need water but 2 day, NO! just NO!
We're supposed to get rain today, but so far nothing...and we so need it! Tomorrow it's supposed to heat up again into the 80s and I just can't take that since airco is practically non-existent here. I told DH, when we win millions in the lottery, we are having a house built...slightly bigger than this one, because I want 4 bedrooms and we only have 3 and they are small. So I want a bigger house with one extra bedroom, with an attic for storage (we have virtually no storage), and it will have AIR CONDITIONING. I don't care that most people think it's unnecessary...what good is winning millions if you can't have one little luxury? Of course, we actually have to PLAY the lottery to win it...but otherwise, my logic is flawless, right?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@Gabe1 I went shopping
I ordered two bathing suits. I'll probably only keep one since I really only need one and can return stuff to the Sears less than five minutes away from work, but I'm not sure which one I'll like better until I get it in person
This one I know will fit, but it's similar to one I already have:
https://www.landsend.com/products/w...EARCH_OH&action=DTP_SEARCH_OH&query=482393OHX

This one I really liked color-wise, but it's a different style than I normally wear, so I'm not sure whether it'll work or not:
https://www.landsend.com/products/w...EARCH_OH&action=DTP_SEARCH_OH&query=478223OHX

And then I got a cover-up.
https://www.landsend.com/products/w...EARCH_OH&action=DTP_SEARCH_OH&query=481291OHX

I just bought a lands end swim suit yesterday. I only liked one design of the tops in the store but they didn't have my size. So I just grabbed another design in my size thinking I could then order the one I really wanted online. Well I tried it on and actually loved how it looked. I think that is the first time I have said that about a swim suit. So I had to buy it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
When is the last school day? We don't get out until July here. The kids just started doing their end of the year testing for report cards this week and they'll finish next week and then we get report cards on the 16th of June, and then the weekend after that is the last parent teacher conference for the year. We should get DD's preliminary school advice then to see what we can expect with the official school advice next year and then she can start applying to high schools. YAY!!
I got the laundry done this morning, though...I'm caught up now!

The kids last day is the first of June, staff is June 2nd. So soon, yet not close enough!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

MySmallWorldof4

Cool! I can't wait to see it in person.

Love typhoon but I can't do the big waves any more. I will be on the lazy river!;):)
We are headed to Blizzard Beach this morning and hopefully get to enjoy it for a few hours before the thunderstorms that are predicted for today roll on in. :)

It did seem that there was less for us to do as a family at TL then when we went to BB last year. There was an amazing black bean and plantain birger though. Sorry no pics. :( I know, I am a horrible person. ;):p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom