The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

As long as we've been going there has always been some type of dining perk in the fall. Before free dining we had a TS breakfast including character breakfasts. We also had tacked on free waterpark (once Typhoon opened) and free minigolf. Plus it was booked at value season rate not like Rack Rate it is tied to now. Last time we did free dining it was required we stay minimum in a garden view room rack rate.

We've added it all up and deemed the room discount a better deal now. I can only imagine how many guests switched from Moderate to Value today when they formally announced both would receive quick service. Wonder how many guests cancelled? DD said all sorts of dining reservations popped up today.
We always found that we do financially better with the room discount as well. With the dining plan we felt we lost a lot of park time because we always had to make sure we had enough time for ADR's.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
For the most part in my house they're both called the toolbox:hilarious:

Over the years it had been here too. Plumbing especially if it was sink, water heater type stuff or little clogs. Now power rotting to the sewer line my Plumber. Cars were early on worked on somewhat at home. More general stuff but my Mustang did receive a new engine in our garage. That was a first and a last.

BAChicagoGal

Today at my eye doctor appointment, I decided to go ahead with my cataract surgery, after my birthday Disneyland trip. So in September I visit Disneyland. The sometime between then, and the holidays, I will have cataract surgery on both of my eyes. Looking forward to the Disneyland trip. Not looking forward to the surgery. Sometimes, we just gotta do what we gotta do.

MySmallWorldof4

Today at my eye doctor appointment, I decided to go ahead with my cataract surgery, after my birthday Disneyland trip. So in September I visit Disneyland. The sometime between then, and the holidays, I will have cataract surgery on both of my eyes. Looking forward to the Disneyland trip. Not looking forward to the surgery. Sometimes, we just gotta do what we gotta do.
My dad just had cataract surgery last year. He was amazed how quickly it went and how much better his eyes were afterwards. He was really pleased with the results.:)

Gabe1

We always found that we do financially better with the room discount as well. With the dining plan we felt we lost a lot of park time because we always had to make sure we had enough time for ADR's.

Our last trip we too wasted so much time. Like I had said earlier 3 hours total on our first day at Garden Grill. SciFi was another long wait and then so much waiting while we were seated. Plus I didn't order a drink if I had a glass of wine and most times I really didn't want dessert.

Gabe1

Well, I was pretty blessed when it came to the funeral and burial. For one thing, my brother didn't really give a rat's patootie about any of it so I could make decisions without his objection. For another, a good friend of my dad's (he was staying at their house when he passed and the friend was the one who found him...they thought he was napping) was there to help me make the arrangements. Anything I didn't know, he filled in. It made it so much easier to have that help. And then for the burial, my grandfather had bought a whole bunch of plots for his children and their spouses and eventually even some grandchildren...he had like 10 plots. So there was no question about where he would be buried...he's right next to his parents and when I visited the grave a week and a half ago, they already had his military cross there. So the funeral arrangements were relatively painless as far as those things go, thank goodness. I'm so sorry you are still dealing with all of it. And it sounds like in your case, everyone has their own opinions about how everything should have gone....I didn't have that. I was free to choose.

I'm happy that it went better than expected for you.

The upside is my Sis is an attorney, she has at least been able to push all the paper that has needed to be filed and her husband is a stock broker so he was able to handle all that.

I really just wish my Mom would move, that house is way too much for her.

Gabe1

My dad just had cataract surgery last year. He was amazed how quickly it went and how much better his eyes were afterwards. He was really pleased with the results.:)

My Mom had both eyes done, they waited as she had macular and did one eye and a few months later the other. It helped so much an went flawlessly. Such a nice Doc too.

Good luck @BAChicagoGal

BuddyThomas

Hey all. Hope you're doing good. Sooo......the below came across my Facebook feed and I think it is totally hysterical. Please be aware that this gets a bit R-rated for language, so please do not click on this if you are easily offended. If you need a good laugh, however, and you don't mind a few four letter words, this is for you:

Cesar R M

With current tech, I dont think the cataract surgery is that much of a fuzz.

Gabe1

C-N7D-kXoAA6TLN.jpg

Gabe1

Hey all. Hope you're doing good. Sooo......the below came across my Facebook feed and I think it is totally hysterical. Please be aware that this gets a bit R-rated for language, so please do not click on this if you are easily offended. If you need a good laugh, however, and you don't mind a few four letter words, this is for you:

It was a great laugh. So freak'n funny. Loved the background noise too.

Gabe1

So do you remember making gum wrapper chains?
ca2d93084059762365f093f4a98f46ff.jpg

or remember Grandma with her rain bonnets she kept in her purse? (I saw a guy last week with a grocery bag around his hair during a rain storm)
0a61d066b83be930f8bdd81a7c40c7f0.jpg

Or do you remember the original Jolly Ranchers?
82aff796d3a6bc96e87956136f1ff60c.jpg

Or remember playing with Romper Stompers
632eb9e28d2a3924d50189f519eaa888.jpg

Or do you remember riding a bike with a banana seat?
0806d9b6159004278b27a96c20867f25.jpg

Or remember how expensive it was to take a photo?
7c98dd3c220e0ba44658cbf822285bc9.jpg

Gabe1

I did prefer the previous theming of The Barnstormer also. I preferred Toontown myself to what is there now.

Me too. I get it how they rediced the land as Barnstormer was on the otherside of the bushes, it needed to become part of Circus. Still wooden poles with chain link nailed to them is theming? How in the name of it all is that a Circus? I loved the Farm with the Mickey Cow followed by the farming theme. It was cute and inviting.

Gabe1

I have a friend who was counting on free dining and I just told her she was blocked out. She is a nurse in our local hospital, so she cannot change her dates. I told her she should be able to get a room discount but her dates weren't released as room only discounts yet. It is strange because her dates were in last falls discounts that were released in April. Guess they are changing things up a bit. Maybe they are more booked then the last bunch of years?

I am really skeptical about this years offerings. We shall see. I nabbed a deluxe discount room only. Those room only can be cancelled 5 days out. As I calculated the discount more than covers an out of pocket dining package of a moderate of last year so if we do it for the same price we will be in a deluxe and the regular dining package. Right now I am so happy we didn't book the bounce back last year. Whew.

The room only ones came out an hour or so later than Free Dining, maybe to keep the system from crashing like last year or because the second launch of resort only wouldn't launch. I actually wish they would launch these two on different days. Disney's tech department has a long long history of crashing.

So did your friend squish room only into her plans.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Room prices have gotten to the point where on site no longer works for us:( I've mentioned this before but we also like to spread out a bit and have more than one bathroom. 4 nights in one room is our limit and that's pushing it even at SOG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom