The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Today at my eye doctor appointment, I decided to go ahead with my cataract surgery, after my birthday Disneyland trip. So in September I visit Disneyland. The sometime between then, and the holidays, I will have cataract surgery on both of my eyes. Looking forward to the Disneyland trip. Not looking forward to the surgery. Sometimes, we just gotta do what we gotta do.
Prayers and pixie dust.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm happy that it went better than expected for you.

The upside is my Sis is an attorney, she has at least been able to push all the paper that has needed to be filed and her husband is a stock broker so he was able to handle all that.

I really just wish my Mom would move, that house is way too much for her.
My mom is in a senior building and she loves it. It took a while but now it works out great. She doesn't have to worry about shoveling or repairs ok make that I don't have to worry but her building has all sorts of activities. The senior bus carts them to several of the local bingo games, movie nights, trips to AC and such. The senior bus stops there everyday to take people shopping a different area everyday:) I'm not fond of the building she chose(it's the closest to her old neighborhood) because it's a bit too close to an iffy neighborhood but the local rift raft leaves the seniors alone. They know if anything happens to any of them..........:D Good luck with your mom xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hey all. Hope you're doing good. Sooo......the below came across my Facebook feed and I think it is totally hysterical. Please be aware that this gets a bit R-rated for language, so please do not click on this if you are easily offended. If you need a good laugh, however, and you don't mind a few four letter words, this is for you:
ROLMAO I can neither confirm or deny that may have happened to us:oops:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Me too. I get it how they rediced the land as Barnstormer was on the otherside of the bushes, it needed to become part of Circus. Still wooden poles with chain link nailed to them is theming? How in the name of it all is that a Circus? I loved the Farm with the Mickey Cow followed by the farming theme. It was cute and inviting.
What she said. I really miss Toon Town:(

Figgy1

Premium Member
So do you remember making gum wrapper chains?
ca2d93084059762365f093f4a98f46ff.jpg

or remember Grandma with her rain bonnets she kept in her purse? (I saw a guy last week with a grocery bag around his hair during a rain storm)
0a61d066b83be930f8bdd81a7c40c7f0.jpg

Or do you remember the original Jolly Ranchers?
82aff796d3a6bc96e87956136f1ff60c.jpg

Or remember playing with Romper Stompers
632eb9e28d2a3924d50189f519eaa888.jpg

Or do you remember riding a bike with a banana seat?
0806d9b6159004278b27a96c20867f25.jpg

Or remember how expensive it was to take a photo?
7c98dd3c220e0ba44658cbf822285bc9.jpg
Gum wrappers(I had a stand decorating my room:joyfull:), mom still has has rain bonnet, JRs yes, what's a romper stomper, banana seat had one, my ds still has a good regular camera and he still buys film for it.

MySmallWorldof4

I am really skeptical about this years offerings. We shall see. I nabbed a deluxe discount room only. Those room only can be cancelled 5 days out. As I calculated the discount more than covers an out of pocket dining package of a moderate of last year so if we do it for the same price we will be in a deluxe and the regular dining package. Right now I am so happy we didn't book the bounce back last year. Whew.

The room only ones came out an hour or so later than Free Dining, maybe to keep the system from crashing like last year or because the second launch of resort only wouldn't launch. I actually wish they would launch these two on different days. Disney's tech department has a long long history of crashing.

So did your friend squish room only into her plans.
Yes, room only for her. I told her they should come out with a room discount at some point. Hopefully it will be in a couple of months.:confused: I told her to do things a la carte. Discount tickets and then buy Disney gift cards from BJ's,of which she is a member. She agreed that the Free Dining deal was not a good one this year so it made her feel a bit better.

MySmallWorldof4

Room prices have gotten to the point where on site no longer works for us:( I've mentioned this before but we also like to spread out a bit and have more than one bathroom. 4 nights in one room is our limit and that's pushing it even at SOG
We know we are pushing it with 6 in the cabins, but it is a good deal for us as far as onsite goes. Luckily my kids love it even though it can get a bit cramped. The room discounts there seem to be better than at other moderates. We could stay at AoA but we really like the convenience of the water craft to MK. We did stay in a 2bdrm at Bonnet Creek (Wyndham) a couple of years ago. It was really nice, but lacked the Disney feel. My dh didn't really care for it.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We know we are pushing it with 6 in the cabins, but it is a good deal for us as far as onsite goes. Luckily my kids love it even though it can get a bit cramped. The room discounts there seem to be better than at other moderates. We could stay at AoA but we really like the convenience of the water craft to MK. We did stay in a 2bdrm at Bonnet Creek (Wyndham) a couple of years ago. It was really nice, but lacked the Disney feel. My dh didn't really care for it.
My kids like staying in a house or condo but we never spend much of any time there seeing we're park commandos

MySmallWorldof4

My kids like staying in a house or condo but we never spend much of any time there seeing we're park commandos
So I see by the looks of your trip report.;) We aren't too often in the room ourselves which is why we had no problem dropping from deluxes to the cabins. We prefer onsite though for the EMH and convenience. Now if they do away with those then all off-sites are on the table.;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
So I see by the looks of your trip report.;) We aren't too often in the room ourselves which is why we had no problem dropping from deluxes to the cabins. We prefer onsite though for the EMH and convenience. Now if they do away with those then all off-sites are on the table.;)
It took us the same or less time to get to the parks from the condo as from SOG. Also doing open to close makes EMH much less important. I hope the cabins keep working out for you but if not I'll help you find a good deal.

MySmallWorldof4

My kids cannot do open to close yet. My ds gets really affected by the heat. We always need an AC break or pool break of some sort I do think that as the younger ones also get older we will have more options. Our older 2 will be able to go off by themselves sometimes, and the younger 2 will have more stamina to stay awake for longer. I do think though that offsite or Bonnet Creek may be in our futures though.;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
My kids cannot do open to close yet. My ds gets really affected by the heat. We always need an AC break or pool break of some sort I do think that as the younger ones also get older we will have more options. Our older 2 will be able to go off by themselves sometimes, and the younger 2 will have more stamina to stay awake for longer. I do think though that offsite or Bonnet Creek may be in our futures though.;)
My kids were born commandos. My little guy is somewhat worse or better depending on your point of view he did Hershey open to close at 2 and even went on one of the loop coaster by 5 he could do 10 Disney park days RD to close no stroller.

MySmallWorldof4

My kids were born commandos. My little guy is somewhat worse or better depending on your point of view he did Hershey open to close at 2 and even went on one of the loop coaster by 5 he could do 10 Disney park days RD to close no stroller.
Impressive.:) My kids would not have survived without a stroller. They were all big nappers. The stroller was the only way to stay in the parks.:D

betty rose

Good morning everyone. I have a couple minutes before we leave for the kids house, then off the the apartment. We are cleaning on both houses, helping unpack, waiting for furniture to arrive. We have been up to our eyeballs helping, where we can...a pm to anyone interested. Hubby and I have been burning the candle at both ends..starting early around 7 A.M. (early for us), then working until around 9 p.m. Then driving home. It's been long day's. The exercise has been good for us. Just carrying boxes to the 3 floor, we are getting a work-out. A deer hit the daughter's car. A lot of front end damage. When it rains, it pours...I hope everyone is doing well. Will be back on line in about a week....moving takes a lot of time and effort. Hubby and I am going to continue this moving adventure, when we finish dd's move. We are doing major donating and cleaning out the basement. There should be a law against basements when you have a pack rat in the family! It's not me, if you get my drift..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Continued in pm....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom