The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I did that too. Two of my best friends in elementary was a girl with a cleft palate, and a black girl. Neither was accepted by the kids. They were so nice, but I heard my Mom say to her sister, I would drag anyone home, referring to my friends. They remained my friends through elementary school. Then we moved to another school district. So sad to lose my friends, my sister who lives in my hometown, says they always ask how I'm doing......being kind, only helps everyone.....I didn't see any difference from me and them, except they were bullied.

There was a girl in my grade that was really picked on all through high school. Her home life was terrible, she wasn't abused but came from a very poor family and was often smelly and unwashed. I was shy and didn't have a ton of friends and I felt bad about how people treated her so I became her friend and she was a lot fun to play with. Then I started to get teased and being shy anyway and an elementary kid I didn't have the guts to stand up to anyone. So I stopped playing with her. I never teased her to her face but I know I probably laughed with the group as others did. And I still feel such horrible guilt today about how she was treated and how I acted.

I know I lost out on a great friend too. After high school we both ended up working at Burger King together. By then she had moved into her own apartment and was clean and non-smelly. We became friends again and hung out, but I still felt guilty. Unfortunately when I went to college we lost touch, we both got busy in our own lives. I have looked for her on Facebook but I know she got married and no one I went to high school with knows what happened to her. Anyway, long story short it bothers me greatly when kids at school get teased for different things and I think back on my own experience and try to direct kids to doing the right thing so they won't live with the regret when they finally get a little wisdom later in life.

Tony the Tigger

I haven't played it in years @Tony the Tigger but won't part with it either. 1980

6785539.gif

*love*

donaldtoo

I've been to a few weddings in Iowa on the inlaw side of the family over the years and this is what your reunion reminds me of. I was kinda stunned the first time we attended a wedding with a potluck in a VFW and one in a basic tent in the parent's yard. As the years have gone on and I left my large Urban upbringing I began to realize our mega urban areas were more of the minority in how celebrations are held. Seeing how everyone pitches in and how much less stressful reunions to weddings must be in circles where life is more slow paced and the cost factor has to be more palatable. It was a real learning curve for me.

Yea, our families are pretty down to earth and traditional in a kinda' Rockwell-esque way...! :hilarious:
There's, unfortunately, a bit of drama mixed in there in a few places, but, it isn't much.
Most everyone participates, and things run pretty smoothly.
DWifey was actually in charge of that particular family celebration (with help) for the first time this year (she has also volunteered to do it again next year. :)).
We showed up early to meet the guy to let us in the hall, and preheated the ovens. Others showed up shortly thereafter to help set up all the tables and chairs, etc.
And, when things were winding down, most hung out to help with cleanup.
It's just understood. That's the way it's always been...! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks, Minnie! :)
Hahaaa...! Yep, A LOT of good food...! :hungry:
Those are all the relatives on DWifeys moms side of the family...! :confused: ;) :)

:jawdrop: Wait a minute . . . ALL those people are not from both sides of the family??? That's just ONE side of your family??

So . . . if BOTH sides of your family were to get together, I guess you'd need this venue to host the gathering:

att16_top.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom