The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

@Cesar R M , I'm really liking your pictures and history lesson! :happy: I also like to walk around old forts, bunkers, buildings, etc. But I was shocked to read about those kids who were bent on destruction, just to be jerks. The fact that their parents didn't pay attention to all that was awful.

Woof.
We were definitely not allowed to get away with carp like that, and neither were our kiddos. But, then again, I don't think us or them ever even entertained such thoughts. What the h**l is wrong with some people...?! :cyclops:

donaldtoo

more than "paying attention". they just Didn't gave a darn... Its probably the type that fits the meaning of "helicopter" parent.
My mother also said the kids were using a lot of expletives and hard insults, and only the grandmah of the group tried to call them down (to which the mother of the kids blocked her a few times).

My parents and/or grandparents would have had our butts in a sling for that kind of behavior.
I know it's not particular to any generation per se, but, it's still no less disgusting.

MOXOMUMD

It was very windy today. I heard a noise like that last night and check this morning but didn't see anything. My car was shaking on the highway.

And to think I almost ran a race today. The Newport Bridge race but they still let traffic go by so I'm like no thanks.
It's really windy here this evening. I think it's all that cold air @MinnieM123 ordered for everybody.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It was very windy today. I heard a noise like that last night and check this morning but didn't see anything. My car was shaking on the highway.

And to think I almost ran a race today. The Newport Bridge race but they still let traffic go by so I'm like no thanks.

I kept hearing creepity noises this morning outside my bedroom window. I have an A/C unit under one of my windows in my room and the window was open. (They are pinned windows though so I can set it that it cannot be lifted more that 5".) It was a sound I can't ever remember hearing before and I've lived here more that 30 years. Finally I got up pulled on sweatpants and sweatshirt and went out the back door to see what the heck, cautiously. Stupid sparrows, a swarm of them trying to build a nest in the bend of a gutter up by the overhang. :cautious: I could tell they were annoyed with me for interrupting their morning work. :rolleyes:

All of our runs in this area are closed roads. It is annoying because in our little Hamlet we do not have many thru roads but the races are for Charity so we all tolerate. There are also cycling races here. They do not close the roads for these. Talk about freak'n dangerous.

Gabe1

Moving some stuff around and didn't realise there was a broken picture frame in a black bag. Put it down and later brushed past it ... cue inch long cut and " my shoe was filling up with blood" :banghead:
Points for getting the movie quote .

Yikes. And your legs are so tiny, lucky you didn't lop it right off. :( Be well little ferret. :in pain:

Gabe1

My parents and/or grandparents would have had our butts in a sling for that kind of behavior.
I know it's not particular to any generation per se, but, it's still no less disgusting.

I would have been knocked into tomorrowland. I would not have dared. Still to this day do not go down that road.

Never been a fan of gutter talk or trying to intimidate by going off topic to icky, harsh talk. Just never found that road leads to any respect, more the opposite. Still some will never grasp that, likely never will.

Figgy1

Premium Member
So, our area had a very windy day (gusts to 50 mph). I was sitting here at the computer and I heard a giant thud like someone slammed the front door. Went downstairs--no one there and the door was still locked (hubs was out walking the dog). So I went in the back room to get some laundry out of the dryer and happened to look out the back window--a giant limb of a tree was sprawled across the entire backyard. Saw my neighbor out there and she said that the branch hit the roof and damaged the gutters. (She was taking photos with her phone to send to the landlord.) It was freaky!! :eek:
We had some wind but nothing like that. I'm so happy you're ok

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom