The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Hey all.

So you might have noticed I've been missing since about Tuesday. I came down with a migraine Tuesday night, which I had to miss work and school for. I have been catching up on work and will continue playing catch up until about Tuesday or so.

Speaking of work, it seems I will have to quit this job unfortunately. I won't get into any details, but basically, some stuff has been going on, and after conferring with my parents and the professor who oversees the internships, I've decided that it is best to leave, and they all agree with me. Need to focus on school. So no unsolicited advice, please, decision has been made. I might only be at this job until the end of this week, or I could be there until Thanksgiving. I'm conferring with my school to see what they need from me hours wise. I have to have 120 hours, which I will have at the end of this week, so once I get verification from school that my hours are complete, then I'm turning in my two weeks notice and hoping that I don't have to go in two more weeks. I'm just trying to go out gracefully and without burning any bridges in case I need a reference in the future. I've already been looking for another job to start when I get back from travelling, so I will just continue with that until I secure something, although I just started applying for jobs last week and have already gotten two calls, so I'm not too worried.

You probably won't see much of me until at least Tuesday while I catch up on stuff for school. I have a test Tuesday, so after that, you might see a bit more of me. Just a lot going on right now. Hope everyone is well.

And by the way, @figmentfan423 , tofu=:hungover:

So sorry to hear about the migraine. I hope you are feeling better now. Good luck on the new job hunt!:)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, our area had a very windy day (gusts to 50 mph). I was sitting here at the computer and I heard a giant thud like someone slammed the front door. Went downstairs--no one there and the door was still locked (hubs was out walking the dog). So I went in the back room to get some laundry out of the dryer and happened to look out the back window--a giant limb of a tree was sprawled across the entire backyard. Saw my neighbor out there and she said that the branch hit the roof and damaged the gutters. (She was taking photos with her phone to send to the landlord.) It was freaky!! :eek:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
He was only given that salary part way through the season, He is NOT a millionaire.

I never said he was a millionaire, not my words or post. I actually posted his current salary :confused:

But yes, when he signed in the winter of 2016 for this minor league year his signing bonus was only $150,000.

MOXOMUMD

So, our area had a very windy day (gusts to 50 mph). I was sitting here at the computer and I heard a giant thud like someone slammed the front door. Went downstairs--no one there and the door was still locked (hubs was out walking the dog). So I went in the back room to get some laundry out of the dryer and happened to look out the back window--a giant limb of a tree was sprawled across the entire backyard. Saw my neighbor out there and she said that the branch hit the roof and damaged the gutters. (She was taking photos with her phone to send to the landlord.) It was freaky!! :eek:
So lucky a window wasn't broken.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Yeesh, that is scary. It was windy here too but not like that. I'm glad it didn't do any damage to your place.

FutureCEO

It was very windy today. I heard a noise like that last night and checked this morning but didn't see anything. My car was shaking on the highway.

And to think I almost ran a race today. The Newport Bridge race but they still let traffic go by so I'm like no thanks.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

We were windy today too but nothing like that.

What did the landlord do?

We have a 60-75 year old tree in the middle of the back property. We no longer park cars in that section of the driveway cause we never know when a branch will drop anymore.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom