The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

so.. was watching that video of a brazilian blind guy who met mickey for the first time since losing his sight..

Thise news hit home, because I lost my hearing at 9 (just like he lost his eyesight at 9).
What an awesome feeling!
Hopefully with the advances in technology.. it wont be long until he will be able to get an eye implant. (prototypes already work)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I took the dog on a new path today. I found a cool path that runs down by a creek behind our school bus garage. I've lived here for 11 years and taught in this district for 17 and I never knew it was there. We walked almost 3 miles, I really tuckered out the dog.

Here are some pictures from our walk. I wish I would have discovered this soon, especially about a week ago when the trees were full of color.

We normally walk in front of this red barn, it is near our normal turn around point. We could have continued walking to get to the front of it but the trail wasn't as good past this point.

View attachment 170954

Here it is a little less zoomed.
View attachment 170960

View attachment 170957

View attachment 170958

View attachment 170959
Sympathy like for the lack of leaves. I know I'm going to cry when mine are gone. Heck I'm crying because my Inside plants finally had to come back inside until late spring

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hey all.

So you might have noticed I've been missing since about Tuesday. I came down with a migraine Tuesday night, which I had to miss work and school for. I have been catching up on work and will continue playing catch up until about Tuesday or so.

Speaking of work, it seems I will have to quit this job unfortunately. I won't get into any details, but basically, some stuff has been going on, and after conferring with my parents and the professor who oversees the internships, I've decided that it is best to leave, and they all agree with me. Need to focus on school. So no unsolicited advice, please, decision has been made. I might only be at this job until the end of this week, or I could be there until Thanksgiving. I'm conferring with my school to see what they need from me hours wise. I have to have 120 hours, which I will have at the end of this week, so once I get verification from school that my hours are complete, then I'm turning in my two weeks notice and hoping that I don't have to go in two more weeks. I'm just trying to go out gracefully and without burning any bridges in case I need a reference in the future. I've already been looking for another job to start when I get back from travelling, so I will just continue with that until I secure something, although I just started applying for jobs last week and have already gotten two calls, so I'm not too worried.

You probably won't see much of me until at least Tuesday while I catch up on stuff for school. I have a test Tuesday, so after that, you might see a bit more of me. Just a lot going on right now. Hope everyone is well.

And by the way, @figmentfan423 , tofu=:hungover:
No advise just prayers and pixie dust, be well my friend

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning, it's freezing and I'm wide awake but have no ambition to do anything. I have to go out but I don't want to leave my house. I want to hide under a pile of blankets and wake up in June. I don't want to adult to day but I have to get to the store. I'm hoping coffee will help, don't think so but it can't hurt:hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I took the dog on a new path today. I found a cool path that runs down by a creek behind our school bus garage. I've lived here for 11 years and taught in this district for 17 and I never knew it was there. We walked almost 3 miles, I really tuckered out the dog.

Here are some pictures from our walk. I wish I would have discovered this soon, especially about a week ago when the trees were full of color.

We normally walk in front of this red barn, it is near our normal turn around point. We could have continued walking to get to the front of it but the trail wasn't as good past this point.

View attachment 170954

Here it is a little less zoomed.
View attachment 170960

View attachment 170957

View attachment 170958

View attachment 170959

You and I have that in common--finding the path less travelled. Not too far from me is a wooded area (about 4 miles around). I'm always off on these obscure, often overgrown, paths (impassable in summer when the foliage is too thick). It's really fun to explore out here in the woods. I only stay on the regular "public" wide paths for a short while, and then I'm off into the deep wooded areas. :happy:

Figgy1

Premium Member
You and I have that in common--finding the path less travelled. Not too far from me is a wooded area (about 4 miles around). I'm always off on these obscure, often overgrown, paths (impassable in summer when the foliage is too thick). It's really fun to explore out here in the woods. I only stay on the regular "public" wide paths for a short while, and then I'm off into the deep wooded areas. :happy:
You'd love my neighborhood, even where it's "built up" there are lots of natural areas still left. I'm lucky a lot of the land around me doesn't perk:joyfull: I have just enough neighbors to make it interesting but not enough to make it congested. The one problem I have is that the nearest store is a bit of a ride.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning, it's freezing and I'm wide awake but have no ambition to do anything. I have to go out but I don't want to leave my house. I want to hide under a pile of blankets and wake up in June. I don't want to adult to day but I have to get to the store. I'm hoping coffee will help, don't think so but it can't hurt:hilarious:

It's a little early in the season to be freezing (it's only a little chilly outdoors--very refreshing), but nonetheless, I bought you this to keep you warm.

Figgy1

Premium Member
It's a little early in the season to be freezing (it's only a little chilly outdoors--very refreshing), but nonetheless, I bought you this to keep you warm.
Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I may just put ears and a bow on one of my upcoming projects:D Right now I'm working on a coat that I started yesterday. It's a bit involved, princess seams, top stitching,still not sure what type of button holes I want to make, the boys bugging me every 5 minutes. I really hope to get it done by the end of the week, there is always hope:)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hey all.

So you might have noticed I've been missing since about Tuesday. I came down with a migraine Tuesday night, which I had to miss work and school for. I have been catching up on work and will continue playing catch up until about Tuesday or so.

Speaking of work, it seems I will have to quit this job unfortunately. I won't get into any details, but basically, some stuff has been going on, and after conferring with my parents and the professor who oversees the internships, I've decided that it is best to leave, and they all agree with me. Need to focus on school. So no unsolicited advice, please, decision has been made. I might only be at this job until the end of this week, or I could be there until Thanksgiving. I'm conferring with my school to see what they need from me hours wise. I have to have 120 hours, which I will have at the end of this week, so once I get verification from school that my hours are complete, then I'm turning in my two weeks notice and hoping that I don't have to go in two more weeks. I'm just trying to go out gracefully and without burning any bridges in case I need a reference in the future. I've already been looking for another job to start when I get back from travelling, so I will just continue with that until I secure something, although I just started applying for jobs last week and have already gotten two calls, so I'm not too worried.

You probably won't see much of me until at least Tuesday while I catch up on stuff for school. I have a test Tuesday, so after that, you might see a bit more of me. Just a lot going on right now. Hope everyone is well.

And by the way, @figmentfan423 , tofu=:hungover:

Sounds like you made an informed decision. Not all jobs work out, for a whole plethora of reasons. Still, it's no fun to split. Best wishes, and better jobs will be ahead for you.

Goofyernmost

OK, so it's 39 degrees here this morning. It is so discouraging, here I gave you my support and encouragement about your mind boggling love of cold weather. I said, hey... I want you to be happy (or something to that affect) so please let it get as cold as you like it to be. They only provision that I put in it was to keep it in your immediate vicinity. Was that to much to ask, really? Just don't send it down to this area where it is not enjoyed or appreciated. Letting it escape and come this way was totally rude and unforgivable. So the very next push of 100+ degree weather that we have here, I will personally lead the task of having it head your way and parking itself directly over your house. Let this be a lesson to you don't mess with us and our comfort. Now I must leave and start a small corner of my place on fire in an effort to get my blood flowing again. (I hope you are happy)
I must remember where I left my meds before I start this project.

MOXOMUMD

Good grief. If he doesn't want to "suffer" a layover, tell 'im he can pay the difference for a direct flight. Is that really too much to ask of this guy...?!
We had a layover in Atlanta on our Princess 5K trip back in Feb. It was only about 1.5 hrs., and we just had fun piddlin' 'round the airport for a little bit. No big deal, and it cost us a helluva' lot less...! :)
Before SW bought out AirTran we had a direct 2 hour flight out of CAK. Now that it's all SW, every flight to Florida from CAK goes to Atlanta first. No more direct flights.

Of course someone on here will chime in again and say I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

Anywho, I booked the flights for late night (cheaper) and there's no getting off the plane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom