The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Speaking of Disney Vacation Videos. What? We aren't? Well, we are now. I just ordered one just for giggles about a week or two ago and it arrived yesterday. Here's the just of it.

Each park had it's own sections. MK started with Bibbidy Bobbidy Little Girl Make up Stuff, but, did spread out a little after that. Epcot started out with Test Track and the marvels therein. Not much else other then Soarin using the Old Film. DHS started with the Indy Stunt Show, then direct to RnRC, then to Tower of Terror and mentioned Fantasmic. DAK started with the Nemo Show, touched on Lion King, Safari and, of course, Everest with a Yeti, that really did seem to move, but, just a flash.

Joe Rohde with his left ear falling below the camera range, explained the excitement of DAK at night and the message we are supposed to get from Rivers of Light which by the way we are told in big block letters will be introduced in the Spring of 2016. Oops! Apparently they have installed a time machine in the area to put us back to the Spring when it actually does open.

All in all, not really impressive. I still remember the one back in 2005 or 06 that was funny, exciting and looked like something that would be fun to do no matter what your particular liking happened to be. Their vacation videos are quite a let down, however, it is one of the only physical things generated by Disney that doesn't cost anything so I continue to collect them as souvenirs.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Speaking of Disney Vacation Videos. What? We aren't? Well, we are now. I just ordered one just for giggles about a week or two ago and it arrived yesterday. Here's the just of it.

Each park had it's own sections. MK started with Bibbidy Bobbidy Little Girl Make up Stuff, but, did spread out a little after that. Epcot started out with Test Track and the marvels therein. Not much else other then Soarin using the Old Film. DHS started with the Indy Stunt Show, then direct to RnRC, then to Tower of Terror and mentioned Fantasmic. DAK started with the Nemo Show, touched on Lion King, Safari and, of course, Everest with a Yeti, that really did seem to move, but, just a flash.

Joe Rohde with his left ear falling below the camera range, explained the excitement of DAK at night and the message we are supposed to get from Rivers of Light which by the way we are told in big block letters will be introduced in the Spring of 2016. Oops! Apparently they have installed a time machine in the area to put us back to the Spring when it actually does open.

All in all, not really impressive. I still remember the one back in 2005 or 06 that was funny, exciting and looked like something that would be fun to do no matter what your particular liking happened to be. Their vacation videos are quite a let down, however, it is one of the only physical things generated by Disney that doesn't cost anything so I continue to collect them as souvenirs.

If you want to see the 2005 one, it is on You Tube...
They are pretty much all on You Tube.
You beat me to the punch. The 2005 one was the best! Now I'm singing Where have all the bences gone to the tune of Where have all the flowers gone.

Goofyernmost

Awesome, Thanks. :)
In 2008 I took my whole immediate family for a week long Disney Vacation. My Daughters and their Husbands, my Grandkids (3 of them at the time). When we went they were 6 to 8 years old. For two years previous to the trip those kids watched that video over and over again. The actual DVD had an extensive interactive area with it that was fun and easy for the kids. By the time we actually went there they were super ready to experience all of it. It was a group trip. Between them and myself, my sister and my nephew and my friend there were 11 of us in the group. It was quite a chore to organize the whole thing, but, it came off without a hitch. It was second only to my very first trip there in 1983 when my girls were that same age 6 and 8.

My grandkids are now 14, 15 and 16, but, I do have a new 4 year old that hasn't been yet. Her parents are wondering if I'm going to take them all again so she can experience the place as well. The answer is... no! Their misstep in planning :eek: is not my problem.:joyfull:

fosse76

Sorry...got my terminology mixed up. I knew it wasn't a screenplay, but I didn't know what else to call it. What I read was that she said somewhere in an interview that he was the only person she would have trusted with the script. But my understanding is that it's HER story, but in his words. I haven't read it yet. I'm a huge HP fan, but I was at Disney when it came out and I'm reading the Outlander series right now, which is HUGEMUNGOUS, so I haven't gotten to this. But my friends who have read it have said it's great, but you can't think of it as a Harry Potter book, because it's really not.

Yeah, a stage play's script is always just called a "script". I'm pretty sure I read the same thing that you did, but I could swear that I read he approached her first. I'm still not sure how I feel about the over all plot, since it involves time travel and doesn't seem to follow her "rules"; but at the same time I think it needed to really be its own story and I think people with limited knowledge of Harry Potter can follow along. It's definitely well-written, and I can't wait to see it in 13 months (I was very fortunate to be able to get a ticket after waiting in an online queue for 13 hours!). I have no doubt the J.K. Rowling would have vetoed any elements in the dialogue she disagreed with.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Just happened to work out this way. I wanted to go back to DL and was thinking of going with a friend in March or May. My friend can only go in January, though. She's still in school. My parents also had a WDW trip in January planned and had planned for me to go with them.

It works out. I already have my WDW and DL APs, so I don't have to buy a pass for either park. I get a 10% discount everywhere in Disneyland. And we got some really great deals. So it's not going to cost an arm and a leg. For the WDW portion, my parents will pay for food. So nope. Didn't win the lottery, just how it worked out.

With our pass we get 20% off merchandise at Disneyland and 15% at restaurants, our pamphlet said up to but we always got those percentages. For food they usually only do the discount at places you can a full meal, so no discount at the carts like Maurice's Treats or Ice Cream vendors. What type of pass do you have? We have the Premier, so perhaps that is different for discounts.

Cesar R M

Updates:

1. Leaving tomorrow.
  2. Doctor says I should be ok, gave me exercises, new foot thingies, stretched and straightened my spine and recommended some pain medicine.
  3. Bags and everything almost done, just need to add the minimal stuff and I will transfer my email accounts AND browser stuff to my laptop.
  4. In the bad side... I found that the hotel I was booked, was sold to another company and had HORRIBLE reservations in the past 3 months (thanks to decay and renovations).
  5. I really hope the hotel is now like it is in the official photos of the new company. Also that my booking is still valid. Sent them an email but who knows how long they will answer.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

The older videos used to be more entertaining. I still have a few around. I think it was the 2005 or 2006 one that had Dave the bench guy. He was really funny. They should bring him back.

Edit: I read more posts and I see you linked the video. Good times!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Updates:

1. Leaving tomorrow.
  2. Doctor says I should be ok, gave me exercises, new foot thingies, stretched and straightened my spine and recommended some pain medicine.
  3. Bags and everything almost done, just need to add the minimal stuff and I will transfer my email accounts AND browser stuff to my laptop.
  4. In the bad side... I found that the hotel I was booked, was sold to another company and had HORRIBLE reservations in the past 3 months (thanks to decay and renovations).
  5. I really hope the hotel is now like it is in the official photos of the new company. Also that my booking is still valid. Sent them an email but who knows how long they will answer.

I hope your vacation goes well, it will be fun to read about it when you come back. At least you can be thankful this isn't a Disney vacation where you have to do a lot of walking. With the cruise you can relax a little more.

betty rose

Updates:

1. Leaving tomorrow.
Have a load of fun. And I hope everything works out for you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom