The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That is why town square is a good place to do it. No streets, just walking paths in the center, where most of the pokemon stuff is. And, judging from the sudden activity at the park across the street, I would say no, it hasn't slowed it down. The older "kids" have figured out how to just drive the car from spot to spot, and park. No walking involved. And every morning, DD has to check who is running the gym across the street. It is, for the most part, good fun.

True. Oddly they were likely coming from our Town Square, it was one block from there and moving in the direction of the Park District.

Gabe1

Just screams @MinnieM123

il_570xN.946039968_l73b-500x318.jpg

donaldtoo

That was the summer I moved to Chicago, and nutso might be conservative. So far, I have seen real feel of 109 for Friday. No AC in the car, so I think I am just going to hibernate that day. Of course, I am assuming that ComEd is calling off the maintenance work that is supposed to have my neighborhood's power shut down from 9 am to 1 pm.

It's only 96.5 here right now and only feels like 98. The high today was only 98.
In the 40 years we've lived here, this is definitely the coolest summer in my memory.

Gabe1

me when I see my mom complain about her cell phone recharging because she also forgot to plug it in XD

http://i.imgur.com/vSA6Nyw.gif
vSA6Nyw.gif

Yeah, that was me. :rolleyes:

I don't unplug my chargers for any of my devices. We have had more humidity that we are accustomed to up here and besides the A/C I brought up a fan to try and recirculate some of the hot air as it was getting warmer upstairs than it normally becomes. I unplugged the tablet charger earlier in the week to plug in the fan. Fastforward. Tablet wanted to be charged so I went upstairs, put the charger into the port and never thought about it again until it wasn't charged today. :oops:

Gabe1

finally called Verizon today who in turned called Apple for me. Guy for Verizon was good, guy for Apple was a 'i know better than you jack@$$.'

It's like I know I can't received or send imessages when not on the internet but they won't send and receive as text.

I had issues with my iPhone in September-it was a week from heck. I actually bought a cheap burner phone in the interim. Ultimately after a week of try this and that, call tech support, bang head on wall Apple gave me a new iPhone.

What I learned about Apple tech support both online and on the phone, cause at some point we had both going simultaneously is customer tech support is far superior Monday-Friday during normal business hours. Other times we were bounced all over the world and it became very clear that my DD had more knowledge than that group of individuals did.

StarWarsGirl

finally called Verizon today who in turned called Apple for me. Guy for Verizon was good, guy for Apple was a 'i know better than you jack@$$.'

It's like I know I can't received or send imessages when not on the internet but they won't send and receive as text.
I had that happen with HTC. I've called their support line before, and they were fine, but this time, we determined that my phone had a major issue. Their solution? Send it in for a repair and we'll send it back to you in 10 days. I told them that was unacceptable, hung up, and called AT&T, since I bought the phone directly from them. AT&T did some troubleshooting, and then said, "Yes, we will replace your phone." They were much better. I think if it's a minor issue, I'll call HTC from now on, but AT&T will get the warranty calls. Interestingly, they could replace it themselves with no contact with HTC.

I'd recommend you take your phone to the Apple store, though. If it needs to be replaced, they can do it more easily there. We had my mom's iPad replaced, and they were very good in the store about that.

StarWarsGirl

It is warm up here when our temps are higher than at WDW.
Yup, it's hotter here than at WDW. We were at the Orioles game, and normally on Sundays, they have an event where kids 14 and under can run the bases. That got cancelled by the second inning due to the heat. My mom heard an usher say they were seeing a lot of heat-related illness. Tomorrow our high is 99 and our heat index is 112. We're going to the movies.

Cesar R M

I had issues with my iPhone in September-it was a week from heck. I actually bought a cheap burner phone in the interim. Ultimately after a week of try this and that, call tech support, bang head on wall Apple gave me a new iPhone.

What I learned about Apple tech support both online and on the phone, cause at some point we had both going simultaneously is customer tech support is far superior Monday-Friday during normal business hours. Other times we were bounced all over the world and it became very clear that my DD had more knowledge than that group of individuals did.
Id bet that most of their "techs" are just super low cost foreign callers that are given a "recipe" to solve most basic issues and dont have any real technical knowledge.

StarWarsGirl

terrible honestly.
They definitively removing ToT and adding a "escape" mission from the collector's tower.
But only for DCA's TofT.

I can live with that. If they touch DHS's...but thankfully it sounds like they won't. I'd rather have the rumored GoftG attraction at Epcot than have DHS's TofT overhauled. Though if they're going to put Guardians someplace, it seems like it should be Tomorrowland. Preferably replacing SGE. But unfortunately,that doesn't seem like it's happening.

BAChicagoGal

Sorry to hear about your feet problems. My mother in law swears by Rykas for her foot issues.

I never found any headbands in the store to catch the perspiration that just pours off of me when the temps reach 90. However, I did go to Famous Footwear, and I bought myself a pair of sandals for around the house, and a pair of Ryka running shoes. They do do a better job of supporting my ankle.

Gabe1

I had that happen with HTC. I've called their support line before, and they were fine, but this time, we determined that my phone had a major issue. Their solution? Send it in for a repair and we'll send it back to you in 10 days. I told them that was unacceptable, hung up, and called AT&T, since I bought the phone directly from them. AT&T did some troubleshooting, and then said, "Yes, we will replace your phone." They were much better. I think if it's a minor issue, I'll call HTC from now on, but AT&T will get the warranty calls. Interestingly, they could replace it themselves with no contact with HTC.

I'd recommend you take your phone to the Apple store, though. If it needs to be replaced, they can do it more easily there. We had my mom's iPad replaced, and they were very good in the store about that.

I agree. When I brought the iPhone into Apple they did replace it @FutureCEO It wasn't a fun week but happy when I walked out with a new phone.

Gabe1

Yup, it's hotter here than at WDW. We were at the Orioles game, and normally on Sundays, they have an event where kids 14 and under can run the bases. That got cancelled by the second inning due to the heat. My mom heard an usher say they were seeing a lot of heat-related illness. Tomorrow our high is 99 and our heat index is 112. We're going to the movies.

Yeah, that is where we were too. My DD had my truck again today and when she returned it tonight she said she felt bluck today in her 11 hours running around the waterpark. She looked lousy too. She had two different times when patrons lost their cookies in the pool and patrons yelled at her for closing the main pool to shock it. She is ready to go back to her real people job tomorrow, sitting in a chair in A/C a relief.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom