The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Note to Self

When charging tablet it is also necessary to plug charger into electrical outlet.
Seeing as how this seems to be an ongoing theme for many here over the last few days, I had a "history" reminder from Facebook today for something that I posted a year ago. Due to the fact that I am a caring, concerned, sympathetic, loving, sensitive, generally the best at everything, OK?, type of person or clam (take your pick) I felt that it would contribute to my eventual sainthood by sharing.

Loving warning for my Children

"Want to know what it is really like to get older? Well, I'll tell you anyway. A few days ago I was cutting up some chicken. Blatantly and without even asking, my finger on my left hand decided to defy the blade and got in the way of it's downward motion. I looked at the damage and although it was a relatively small cut, it was pretty deep and man did it bleed. It was like a blood fountain.

Anyway, I managed to get it wrapped tight enough to stop the bleeding, but, even three days later when I would take the wrapping off, it would start to bleed again. I eventually got it to heal enough so that I could use a regular band-aid. Not trusting it completely, I continued for a few days applying a new one daily. Now to the crux of the story. Today I saw that it had completely stopped, but, to be sure I decided to put a new one on it. Just in case!

I applied the band-aid and went about my normal routine. I accidentally bumped that finger, still a little sore and looked down to realize that I had put the band-aid on the wrong finger. A perfectly good one that had no cuts or scratches on it. Let this be a forewarning to my children, this aging road is going to be a rough one. Good luck! :-(

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Seeing as how this seems to be an ongoing theme for many here over the last few days, I had a "history" reminder from Facebook today for something that I posted a year ago. Due to the fact that I am a caring, concerned, sympathetic, loving, sensitive, generally the best at everything, OK?, type of person or clam (take your pick) I felt that it would contribute to my eventual sainthood by sharing.

Loving warning for my Children

"Want to know what it is really like to get older? Well, I'll tell you anyway. A few days ago I was cutting up some chicken. Blatantly and without even asking, my finger on my left hand decided to defy the blade and got in the way of it's downward motion. I looked at the damage and although it was a relatively small cut, it was pretty deep and man did it bleed. It was like a blood fountain.

Anyway, I managed to get it wrapped tight enough to stop the bleeding, but, even three days later when I would take the wrapping off, it would start to bleed again. I eventually got it to heal enough so that I could use a regular band-aid. Not trusting it completely, I continued for a few days applying a new one daily. Now to the crux of the story. Today I saw that it had completely stopped, but, to be sure I decided to put a new one on it. Just in case!

I applied the band-aid and went about my normal routine. I accidentally bumped that finger, still a little sore and looked down to realize that I had put the band-aid on the wrong finger. A perfectly good one that had no cuts or scratches on it. Let this be a forewarning to my children, this aging road is going to be a rough one. Good luck! :-(

Take a bow . . . ;)

black-and-white-audience.jpg

Last edited:

Cesar R M

We've been having Floridian rainstorms up here the past few days. Yesterday it was sunny out then next thing you know torrential downpour for five - ten minutes, 50mph winds.
Its been similar here this week.
Its a big change compared to last year, where most of the rains were pleasant.
Its pure thunderstorm with heavy rain and winds almost daily this year.

donaldtoo

I agree. Sadly around here anyway it generally gets approved administratively, goes to department, department with all thrill and stuff announced to parents/kids, not necessarily in that order. By that point it is all over for the demographic that can't afford the days the trip will cost. And like I said before, some view it with strong peer pressure as negativity and lack of support to their children's accomplishments, how dare you attitudes toward parenting skills. I appreciate the spot some parents are put in. That guilt that you are negative and didn't plan years in advance for a march at Macy's or Disney World. My e if parents did not have all this when they were raising us. College was a big enough burden.

DWifey was in charge of both the concessions and the Girl Scout cookies. Of course she always asked other parents to volunteer for both, but, if they said no, then it was no (although we had many that did volunteer). They were never guilt-tripped or told they were negative if they didn't volunteer. We realized that everyone had different lives, job schedules, etc.
And, she herself was never guilt-tripped into heading those things up. We just always felt that whatever our kiddos were involved in we should be involved in it with them, as much as was possible. But, there was definitely not any how dare you or questioning of anyone's parenting skills. It's just not the way we roll.

MouseDreaming

During the week one evening I was coming back from my DD apartment about to cross an intersection to which I had the right away, 25mph residential. On the corner to my left is hedges that kinda block site line but they have a stop sign. I tend to drive like a turtle. People call me the right lane hugger on expressways.

So as I'm approaching the intersection I catch something out of the corner of my eye through the branches of the hedges seeming to be on the sidewalk moving towards the intersection quickly and I hit the brakes. A young boy with with phone in hand runs through the parkway portion of the sidewalk across 3/4 of the intersection before he looks up to see he his standing before the hood of my truck and stops like deer in the headlight stops. He just realized what he had done. Meanwhile his friends are on the parallel sidewalk from the one he used catching up to him and they too just run into the street without looking left for cars coming in the opposite direction, I layed on the horn to warn the oncoming car...he looked unnerved cause he had no way of seeing them at the speed they rain into the street. I've seen a lot of people playing this game in our town but this was the first time I ever saw STUPID.

Wonder if the heat and humidity of this heat event we have going here has slowed participation in the game?
That is why town square is a good place to do it. No streets, just walking paths in the center, where most of the pokemon stuff is. And, judging from the sudden activity at the park across the street, I would say no, it hasn't slowed it down. The older "kids" have figured out how to just drive the car from spot to spot, and park. No walking involved. And every morning, DD has to check who is running the gym across the street. It is, for the most part, good fun.

Cesar R M

Looks like we had about 2 inches of rain. It became very intense with storm for 20 minutes. Later in the evening it was hours of nasty storm but all is well (though I haven't been outside)
speaking of storms.. we are right now currently under a very strong thunderstorm( around 1 lightning per second, 1 direct hit every 5)

I was freaked when my computer shut down, my server too, but nothing else did shut down. (other than blinking lights from my ceiling fan)
and I was "no way it burned my computers thru all my protections!.
I ended disconnecting everything, reconnecting, then opening my main computer.. nothing, everything was fine.
Then I notice a red warning on one of my battery UPS.
The UPS probably stopped a huge discharge via the cable modem and shutdown to redirect the hit to ground.
the UPS is fine, but logged a big spike of energy from the cable modem port.
So.. I think I was safe.. still scary D:

Me, almost jobless and imagine getting your 1,500 USD rig destroyed?

donaldtoo

speaking of storms.. we are right now currently under a very strong thunderstorm( around 1 lightning per second, 1 direct hit every 5)

I was freaked when my computer shut down, my server too, but nothing else did shut down. (other than blinking lights from my ceiling fan)
and I was "no way it burned my computers thru all my protections!.
I ended disconnecting everything, reconnecting, then opening my main computer.. nothing, everything was fine.
Then I notice a red warning on one of my battery UPS.
The UPS probably stopped a huge discharge via the cable modem and shutdown to redirect the hit to ground.
the UPS is fine, but logged a big spike of energy from the cable modem port.
So.. I think I was safe.. still scary D:

Me, almost jobless and imagine getting your 1,500 USD rig destroyed?

Yikes! Sympathy like.
Hope you and your electronics stay safe...!

donaldtoo

Correlle -- a challenge for some to do stupid people tricks. ;) You see, some guys just have to prove that they can break something that is marketed as unbreakable.

Years before I met him, hubs and his buddies had some Correlle in their apartment kitchen. Well, of course . . . :rolleyes: a competition ensued one afternoon, and they took a bunch of pieces and threw them against a wall in the parking lot outside! :jawdrop: Correlle was amazingly durable. However, hubs was the genius? o_O that afternoon, when he managed to throw and smash a coffee cup against the wall. Challenge over. Grand Poobah crowned . . . :facepalm:

:hilarious: :oops: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom