The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Ha! A couple of summers ago parked a bit down the road a Mariachi unloaded themselves from a van down the road and proceeded to march and play to my home and then cross over the road to a home that was a newly rented home. The Mariachi was there most of the afternoon and evening. Guests were plentiful, pinata from basketball net. It was amazing to watch initially. By nightfall I had more than a lifetime quantity of Mariachi running through my head. They moved this summer and now we have a family from Texas in there. We shall see what their summers bring us next.

image.jpeg

;)

donaldtoo

Ah, so many fabulous quotes from that movie!

tumblr_msgu00dcR51r288moo1_500.gif

Heeheeeee...!!! :hilarious:
I came sooo very close to posting this one, but, chickened out at the last second...! :oops: :D ;) :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
good.. that means they will go to vacation to Mexico or other place. Which welcomes USD and other currencies XD

True. My Sis, even though it didn't end well went to Mexico last year. She spent both Thanksgiving and the Christmas Holiday in 3 south american countries one of which was Brazil. Now this scary mosquito virus might be putting her on guard from traveling there until this gets a bit more under control.

Gabe1

Official 8th grade graduation date will not be released until some time around spring break. I don't think they have changed a high school graduation.

You can usually tell before that what it will be. Most school boards vote on a proposed school calendar nearly a full year in advance if they distribute it to families or not. Neither our elementary or high school graduations are on district property so dates are firm.

Gabe1

Our HS Dist builds in 5 days. If they don't get used, well, then the kids have 5 extra days of school. I heard when they don't use a day, we have the longest school year in the state. The elem dist. builds in ...zero. Because, you know, who has ever heard of snow in the midwest? :facepalm: All snow days are tacked on to the end of the year.

With us it is a sociology way of dealing with it. Last day June 3. Hey guys you didn't use the days now you get out early May 27. Ending early is a bonus. The worse they can do is end on the last planned day of school. Depending on how much money schools get from the state it is financially beneficial for the students to go more days. We receive so little from the state, a combo of 10% from state and Feds a couple days means nothing for the per student count in dollars. Now our high school has a huge student count being a co-op. They could benefit however I never saw the school year extended. If it came down to needing the minimum amount of days they too would just drag the professional staff in for professional inservice and be done with it. Neither district does anything to tick off the residents/taxpayers.

Gabe1

I need that right now. Looks so good.

I'm going to try it again tomorrow. The chips didn't melt at the bottom of the cup so it was not any different than Starbucks normal Cafe Mocha Latte. Disappointing. I'll try the one nearer to us tomorrow and see if they do it better. Still it is only Feb. 11-14 so not like it is going to hang around.

donaldtoo

Funny you said BBQ. I commented to @donaldtoo several months ago that I heard the sounds of metal being cut and all sorts of unfamiliar construction type noises. Then there was this old open trailer that appeared in the driveway and he was revising the trailer bed. The next day there was this huge, beautiful smoker loaded on the trailer right down to custom handles. He drove away with it however the trailer came back but the smoker did not. It was fall by the time they moved here from Texas so I'm waiting for Spring to see if I smell BBQ smoke waffling over from across the road.

It's funny, we smell it pretty much all year long 'round here...! :hungry: :)

donaldtoo

I wouldn't look for the Euro to rescue what is lost by Latin American guests. The Euro is at its lowest since I think 2012 and just had its lowest day in a year. The world needs the stock market to stabilize. The earnings reports are overall good so this volatility seems to be fueled more by emotions than earnings reports. We shall see over the next 6 months how Americans feel about expensive vacations as most are planned and a chunk paid for already. New booked vacations with dwindling retirement/investment portfolios might, might discourage some from planning new Disney vacations. Time will tell.

Yep, simply put, the old self fulfilling prophecy. Ain't the first time, and won't be the last, it's lead to volatile markets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom