The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

As I've said we'd usually hit Disney for 2 weeks in the fall and if not then some other time also normally for 2 weeks. When my kids were young I still worked outside the home full time. With young kids I shopped for clothing, sundries and stuff necessary, made pet rearrangements, packed 4 peoples stuff delivered pets, got house in order plus 100% of the vacation arrangements. By the time we were ready to go I was so tired. I remember one trip I did question if all this prep was worth it and there wasn't ADR, FP+ and planning which park which day stuff either. Still when we were down there, the following day after sleep it all melted away.
Disney has the best way, to forget about the "real" world.

donaldtoo

You're a mad, mad, mad, mad, mad pair alright!

I had my wild side too, but, I also had a part of my brain the measured "pain factor". That little gift enabled me to go through most of my life without any body scars at all. I actually only have one and that was from doing something as mundane as walking down a staircase. Some things cannot be avoided.

Was mad. ;)
Most of my scars actually come from workin' on cars and doin' things around the house, like yard work and such.
I can't think of even one I got from any extracurricular activities. :cyclops:

betty rose

I hope you feel better soon, Bets. Look, I went out to the store to buy you a nice can of chicken soup. It has Disney princesses on the label, so it's not only good soup for you, it's a meal fit for a princess! :)

Campbells-Princess.png
Thanks , that was so thoughtful of you. I sure don't look like a princess right now. Jammies and all.;)

MOXOMUMD

So sorry for your friend. People who try to avoid child support are one of the worst. I think if people are ordered to pay child support that $$ should be taken out of their check and direct deposited to the receiver so there is no dispute. But that is just my two cents.
Unless the payer is self-employed, unemployed, or the payee agrees to different circumstances, the payer's employer has two weeks after receiving the CSEA order to start cs deductions/medical coverage or the company will be fined for non-compliance. But someone not paying cs just isn't smart because it eventually turns into jail time. My aunt works for CSEA tracking down deadbeat dads/moms.

donaldtoo

Even though we don't have snow days out here, I don't ever remember getting as many days off as DD does now. All the holidays, plus staff development and early dismissal on Wednesdays.

Yep, I remember thinkin' that when our kids were in school.
Seemed like every time I turned around they had another day off or early dismissal. :cyclops:
I wonder what an actual comparison would reveal, back in my day vs. now...?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom