Pre-Trip The birthday trip! Yes, I changed the title

Hi guys! Me, again!

Just booked trip #18 celebrating my daughter's 17th birthday and my husband's 37th birthday in February of 2017! We are so excited and can't wait to go back home!

WHO- Me(Courtney 34)
Husband(Kevin 36)
My Daughter(Brooklyn 16)
Step-Daughter(Mia 10)

WHAT- Well, my baby girl turns 17 on February 3rd and my husband turns 37 on Feb 7th. Also falling in there is Super Bowl Sunday on the 5th. I couldn't care less about football, but since my husband is big football fan I figured I'd look into some fun activities for that day. 5 day hoppers as of now, possibly adding a 6th day during the trip. DDP(we're big fans) My daughter and I spent 2 hrs picking what ADR's we're going to shoot for, and with everything we picked the math comes out to 2 free dinners if we go with the DDP as opposed to paying out of pocket.

WHERE- My fave spot POFQ( our 4th time staying here)

WHEN- February 1-8th possibly the 9th lol

WHY- See WHAT lol....

So like I said, Brook and I carefully chose every restaurant we hope to visit during this trip. Hopefully we are able to snag everything we'd like,but if not, we have a few backups;)

Here is what we have planned so far....Each trip we try and do something new. A new ride, show or restaurant. We are also adding in rest days, which we never do.

Feb1st...Arrival day...This will be a non-park day for us. We usually land early afternoon, so we will swim and hang around the resort until dinner at Chef Mickey's.

Feb 2nd...We will hit AK in the morning. Drop Mia off at Lilo's Playhouse(she LOVES going and BEGS to go every night) and then head over to 1900 Park Fare(a first for us) for an early dinner(hoping for 5ish). After dinner we will head to the MK, until around 10, then head back to the Poly to pick up Mia.

Feb 3rd...Brooklyn's 17th bday!!! A special one for us, I had her when I was 17, and I'm so proud of the young lady she has become. She chose Epcot in the morn and LTT and the MK for her bday dinner...she LOVES it there.

Feb 4th...HS in the morn, leave after lunch and swim until dinner at Spirit of Aloha, a first for us! I'm REALLY excited about the luau!

Feb 5th...Super Bowl Sunday! Rest day. We will swim, maybe do some resort hopping, or whatever else we stumble across. Mia will go to Lilo's at 4 and we will head over to the Boardwalk to visit ESPN and watch the game. They don't take ADR's for dinner or for big games, so hopefully if we arrive more than an hour before game time we'll find some seats. Brook and I will watch for an hour or so, eat some snacks, then hit the Boardwalk and probably rent a surrey. Haven't been to the BW in over 10 years.

Feb 6th...Some nice members here told me about the Super Bowl parade on Monday, so we will check that out. Leave MK in the afternoon and hop over to Epcot to eat at the Garden Grill. Brook and Mia have never been.

Feb 7th...Kevin's 37th bday! He chose Epcot for his bday park. We'll all have dinner at one of his fave places in WDW, Cape May Buffet then hop over to HS for his fave ride, RnRC.

Feb 8th...Departure Day...unless we decide to add another night in the next few months!

Last edited:

Courtney6682

Original Poster
IMG_4388.JPG
Here lady! @21stamps
Feels ok! Don't know if my opinion will change after wearing for almost 10 days lol

21stamps

21stamps

Well of course! We always bring our old ones, so I def might switch. Now get back to YOUR trip report!;)
I know I know. I've been wayyyy over my head in Pinewood Derby stuff. Trip report requires concentration, not clicking off of the page, and picture sorting. None of which I can do right now.lol. Maybe I'll finish it before you start your own trip report? Hopefully anyway. ;)

Courtney6682

Original Poster
14 DAYS TO GO! Time has started to drag now, lol but I knew it would!
So, Brook has always wanted to stay at the GF(yes, we stayed there in 2001 on her first trip, but she was 17 months old and obv doesn't remember it) I thought it would be nice to surprise her by trying to book it for our first 2 nights. I've been checking multiple times a day for the past few days and all that's avail is a suite...booo! I realllyyy hope something opens up in the next few days, because I would love to see her face at the ME when they point us to the GF line!

Jess G

So, Brook has always wanted to stay at the GF(yes, we stayed there in 2001 on her first trip, but she was 17 months old and obv doesn't remember it) I thought it would be nice to surprise her by trying to book it for our first 2 nights. I've been checking multiple times a day for the past few days and all that's avail is a suite...booo! I realllyyy hope something opens up in the next few days, because I would love to see her face at the ME when they point us to the GF line!

That would be awesome!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
CALL!!! CMs have access to inventory not always listed on the website. :)

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Okkk...9 days out! It has realllyyyy been dragging now...my last day of work is next Monday, Jan 30th. I'll have all day the 31st to make sure everything is in order while Brook is at school...but our tradition is to pack the night before. For me, it feels like the vacation is starting then..maybe that's weird...idk. Same reason I don't do online check-in lol...I love going to the front desk and checking in in person. THAT really marks the official start lol. Now for my updates...

So I decided against the room at the GF. Even with my CM pal's GENEROUS offer I couldn't justify $1220 for 2 nights. If there had been something cheaper I would have jumped at the opportunity, but club level is all that's there so far.

I decided that we will go to the Disney After Hours on the night of February 2nd. Brooklyn knows about this, but I figured since it's the night before her b-day it will be an extra little present. I will be packing a few small things for her to open. I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said she just wants Disney gift cards and a Disney hoodie. So ill pack some Disney gift cards, a Basin gift card(one of her fave Disney stores) and I got her a new Alex and Ani bracelet with the castle on it.

I booked our horseback adventure for the afternoon of Brook's b-day at 2:30. She has no clue, so it will be a surprise! It's going to be VERY tight getting there on time(we have to check-in at 2pm), as we have our only FEA FP that day from 1:25-2:25pm. I'm figuring we will get to the ride at maybe 1:15 in case there is a little bit of a line. We do have an ADR at GGat 8:40am...it was originally 8:50am lol...so im slowly trying to get the time a little earlier. We are fast eaters, so maybe there's a chance if I get an earlier ADR we could knock it out first thing. I asked the CM who booked the excursion for me what he thought the fastest way to Ft. Wilderness would be and he said to get off the Monorail at the CR and then take the boat. Wouldn't Uber be faster?

lostpro9het

So I decided against the room at the GF. Even with my CM pal's GENEROUS offer I couldn't justify $1220 for 2 nights. If there had been something cheaper I would have jumped at the opportunity, but club level is all that's there so far.
I feel your pains. I've been shielded from rack rates for a little while since drinking the DVC kool-aid and had an awakening last week. We booked our 2017 Christmas trip and decided to use points for Sun-Fri and decided we'd try a different resort for the Saturday before the trip. Initially we chose, and will probably book there anyway, CBR since we've never been there. Well I had the "GREAT" idea to have us stay at The Contemporary since we've never done it, I don't count BLT as staying there. So I just hopped on Disney's site, punched up the date, and resort then
jck.gif

$700+/night and I said "See ya!". yeah, that is a tough pill to swallow so now I look forward to CBR. :D

Courtney6682

Original Poster
I feel your pains. I've been shielded from rack rates for a little while since drinking the DVC kool-aid and had an awakening last week. We booked our 2017 Christmas trip and decided to use points for Sun-Fri and decided we'd try a different resort for the Saturday before the trip. Initially we chose, and will probably book there anyway, CBR since we've never been there. Well I had the "GREAT" idea to have us stay at The Contemporary since we've never done it, I don't count BLT as staying there. So I just hopped on Disney's site, punched up the date, and resort then
jck.gif

$700+/night and I said "See ya!". yeah, that is a tough pill to swallow so now I look forward to CBR. :D

Yeahhhhh...it can be a little out of hand! CBR is nice..great main pool and splash pad for the kids...nice food court... and great themeing (sp?) I just can't do the whole driving around the resort for 78 minutes before leaving for the parks. Once I tried FQ it was HARD to back lol and we haven't ...this will be our 4th stay here since July of 2015. That being said...I would stay at CBR over CS.. or POR

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Now for some non-Disney news. I'm driving home from work on Friday and I get some frantic texts from Brook. Naturally, I assume the worst and assume she's been kidnapped or in a wreck. Thankfully she was ONLY texting me to tell me that her bf BOUGHT HER A PUPPY! :eek: Excuse me? He did what?! Now here's the thing...I had to pretend to be mad because like I've said before it's been just me and Brook up until 2014. I wouldn't have cared, BUT I now have to consider my husbands feelings. I was scared to tell him. He's wanted a dog since got married. He had dogs growing up his whole life, where as I'm not really an animal person and only had a few cats here and there. I'm also allergic to anything with hair/fuzz. So, I tell my husband and I could hear in his voice that he was excited. Brook calls me back after talking to Kevin and she said that he said he was pretending to be mad too!!! LOL:rolleyes: We are now the proud owners of a 9 week old Cane Corso named Tyson. He is soo freakin' cute! He's clumsy and trips over his paws, it's the cutest thing ever LOL. This pic isn't the greatest...he's gray with blue eyes and his paws are HUGE!

tyson.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom