Pre-Trip The birthday trip! Yes, I changed the title

Hi guys! Me, again!

Just booked trip #18 celebrating my daughter's 17th birthday and my husband's 37th birthday in February of 2017! We are so excited and can't wait to go back home!

WHO- Me(Courtney 34)
Husband(Kevin 36)
My Daughter(Brooklyn 16)
Step-Daughter(Mia 10)

WHAT- Well, my baby girl turns 17 on February 3rd and my husband turns 37 on Feb 7th. Also falling in there is Super Bowl Sunday on the 5th. I couldn't care less about football, but since my husband is big football fan I figured I'd look into some fun activities for that day. 5 day hoppers as of now, possibly adding a 6th day during the trip. DDP(we're big fans) My daughter and I spent 2 hrs picking what ADR's we're going to shoot for, and with everything we picked the math comes out to 2 free dinners if we go with the DDP as opposed to paying out of pocket.

WHERE- My fave spot POFQ( our 4th time staying here)

WHEN- February 1-8th possibly the 9th lol

WHY- See WHAT lol....

So like I said, Brook and I carefully chose every restaurant we hope to visit during this trip. Hopefully we are able to snag everything we'd like,but if not, we have a few backups;)

Here is what we have planned so far....Each trip we try and do something new. A new ride, show or restaurant. We are also adding in rest days, which we never do.

Feb1st...Arrival day...This will be a non-park day for us. We usually land early afternoon, so we will swim and hang around the resort until dinner at Chef Mickey's.

Feb 2nd...We will hit AK in the morning. Drop Mia off at Lilo's Playhouse(she LOVES going and BEGS to go every night) and then head over to 1900 Park Fare(a first for us) for an early dinner(hoping for 5ish). After dinner we will head to the MK, until around 10, then head back to the Poly to pick up Mia.

Feb 3rd...Brooklyn's 17th bday!!! A special one for us, I had her when I was 17, and I'm so proud of the young lady she has become. She chose Epcot in the morn and LTT and the MK for her bday dinner...she LOVES it there.

Feb 4th...HS in the morn, leave after lunch and swim until dinner at Spirit of Aloha, a first for us! I'm REALLY excited about the luau!

Feb 5th...Super Bowl Sunday! Rest day. We will swim, maybe do some resort hopping, or whatever else we stumble across. Mia will go to Lilo's at 4 and we will head over to the Boardwalk to visit ESPN and watch the game. They don't take ADR's for dinner or for big games, so hopefully if we arrive more than an hour before game time we'll find some seats. Brook and I will watch for an hour or so, eat some snacks, then hit the Boardwalk and probably rent a surrey. Haven't been to the BW in over 10 years.

Feb 6th...Some nice members here told me about the Super Bowl parade on Monday, so we will check that out. Leave MK in the afternoon and hop over to Epcot to eat at the Garden Grill. Brook and Mia have never been.

Feb 7th...Kevin's 37th bday! He chose Epcot for his bday park. We'll all have dinner at one of his fave places in WDW, Cape May Buffet then hop over to HS for his fave ride, RnRC.

Feb 8th...Departure Day...unless we decide to add another night in the next few months!

Last edited:

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Ok...so! I finally decided on some activities to celebrate Brook and Kevin's b-days. My daughter has been riding horses for about 2 years. Long story short, her horse died in November and she was devastated. She's NOT a crier and we just laid in her bed and cried together. I felt so helpless. She hasn't ridden since. For Christmas I got her a photo blanket of her and Chessie. She LOVED it. Said it was her favorite present, beating out the apple watch and iPhone 7+ we got her, and admitted that she ALMOST cried lol. I did see the tears in her eyes. Please excuse her sister wife hair and the slight mess from the aftermath of Christmas morning. Now that you all have the ever so important back story, onto my Disney surprise. I'm going to book a guided horseback tour for the 2 of us on her b-day. I'm so excited to surprise her. I know she'll love it. The description says it leaves from the Trail Blaze Corral and that it's not uncommon to see gators and other animals. She would LOVE to see a gator...at a safe distance lol.
CROOKEDBLANKET.jpg

As for my husband's surprise...the pic below is also for reference. His beard is a little longer now, but this is the only pic I had on my work computer. It was taken Aug of 2014 in Dublin on our honeymoon. My nickname for him is Scruff. We even have magic bands that say it lol. Anyway...I was trying to see if the barber shop in the MK did olde timey shaves, when I stumbled upon the Art of Shaving at DS. So that will be his surprise. The other night we were watching something that involved a shave and I asked if he would like that and he said he would love it! Yay! Points for me!
courtneytattoo.jpg

View attachment 182769

Last edited:

21stamps

Ok...so! I finally decided on some activities to celebrate Brook and Kevin's b-days. My daughter has been riding horses for about 2 years. Long story short, her horse died in November and she was devastated. She's NOT a crier and we just laid in her bed and cried together. I felt so helpless. She hasn't ridden since. For Christmas I got her a photo blanket of her and Chessie. She LOVED it. Said it was her favorite present, beating out the apple watch and iPhone 7+ we got her, and admitted that she ALMOST cried lol. I did see the tears in her eyes. Please excuse her sister wife hair and the slight mess from the aftermath of Christmas morning. Now that you all have the ever so important back story, onto my Disney surprise. I'm going to book a guided horseback tour for the 2 of us on her b-day. I'm so excited to surprise her. I know she'll love it. The description says it leaves from the Trail Blaze Corral and that it's not uncommon to see gators and other animals. She would LOVE to see a gator...at a safe distance lol.
View attachment 182772
As for my husband's surprise...the pic below is also for reference. His beard is a little longer now, but this is the only pic I had on my work computer. It was taken Aug of 2014 in Dublin on our honeymoon. My nickname for him is Scruff. We even have magic bands that say it lol. Anyway...I was trying to see if the barber shop in the MK did olde timey shaves, when I stumbled upon the Art of Shaving at DS. So that will be his surprise. The other night we were watching something that involved a shave and I asked if he would like that and he said he would love it! Yay! Points for me!
View attachment 182773

View attachment 182769
That will be so much fun!!! Perfect ideas!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Looks awesome!!! Great choices!. I'm excited to see both meals from garden grill :)

Thank you! Brook picked GG for her bday breakfast based on the sticky bun bake lol. I'm sure we'll like it! I went once for dinner last summer and enjoyed it. Plus I'm a loser and LOVE the fact that the veggies are grown at Epcot. It's my fave park;)

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Got the email this morning that our MB's have shipped!! YAY! I was really hoping to get the new one's, but from what I've been reading it might not happen. Oh well, I might just have to buy one....or go back;)

I just saw a post on Instagram (@rikkinibs). She just received the new magicbands. Check out her feed.

prfctlyximprct

View attachment 183985

Got these babies 5 minutes ago!!!! Super excited that they're the new ones! I'd been hearing conflicting stories of people getting them and people not getting them, so I'm super happy we got new ones. Yes, I know I could have bought one but it's not the same! lol

22 days to go!

Ahhh magic band arrival day is the best day! They look sooooo different than the older ones! Do you like how it feels on your wrist?! You trip is super soon! I am so excited for you!!!! Enjoy your countdown!!! :) :) :) I am Disney dancing for you!

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Glad you got the new ones! How many weeks before your trip do you usually get the magic bands? Like 3 weeks? I've never used the bands before. My last trip to Disney in 2013, I literally missed it by a day. They were slowly rolling out to the hotels at the time. If I checked into the Wilderness Lodge the following day, I could have used the bands. It was upsetting :(

Also, I received the key card park tickets in the mail yesterday. Is that normal? Then they send the bands at a later date? Sorry, I have a a lot of questions!!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Glad you got the new ones! How many weeks before your trip do you usually get the magic bands? Like 3 weeks? I've never used the bands before. My last trip to Disney in 2013, I literally missed it by a day. They were slowly rolling out to the hotels at the time. If I checked into the Wilderness Lodge the following day, I could have used the bands. It was upsetting :(

Also, I received the key card park tickets in the mail yesterday. Is that normal? Then they send the bands at a later date? Sorry, I have a a lot of questions!!
I honestly have no clue pal! I'm sorry

Courtney6682

Original Poster
IMG_4381.PNG
OMG we are into the teens! I can't believe how fast the days are flying by!? I know I say that every day lol, but it always seems to drag and this time it's not!!!!!:)

Called the ESPN a club last night to see what their VIP package was all about for the Super Bowl and it was a little ridiculous in my opinion. They are offering VIP seating, which is nothing more than a reservation for $100 per person! The $100 includes food and drink up to that amount. I don't want to spend $100 on food, we're on the dining plan! They said walk ups may be turned away and the bar frist come frist serve. So this basically just garantees a seat. We decided not to get the package but I feel bad for my husband. He really wants to watch the game, just not alone at a table cuz we certainly aren't going to pay $300 for all of us to go. He's prob just gonna try and watch it at FQ. Oh well! I tried!

Last edited:

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Yeahhhh that $100 PP is deff not cool considering you are on the dining plan... and it would really suck to go to all the way over to espn to possibly be turned away. I say get a bunch of snacks and buy some beer from the resort gift shop and party in your room lol.

I know right?! I just feel bad cuz I know my husband wanted to go there...he was gonna just pay for himself and Brook and I cold have found something to do...but he was hoping it was more like a group setting. It's no fun to watch alone, and it sounds like u get a table by yourself. Maybe he'll change his mind and end up going...but for now he's gonna try the pool bar...

Jess G

I know right?! I just feel bad cuz I know my husband wanted to go there...he was gonna just pay for himself and Brook and I cold have found something to do...but he was hoping it was more like a group setting. It's no fun to watch alone, and it sounds like u get a table by yourself. Maybe he'll change his mind and end up going...but for now he's gonna try the pool bar...

Have you thought of calling splitsville to see if they are offering something a little more reasonable than espn?

21stamps

View attachment 183985

Got these babies 5 minutes ago!!!! Super excited that they're the new ones! I'd been hearing conflicting stories of people getting them and people not getting them, so I'm super happy we got new ones. Yes, I know I could have bought one but it's not the same! lol

22 days to go!
Can you take a photo wearing one? They look cool..but huge!!!

i received the key card tickets too. Not clue why.
View attachment 184322 OMG we are into the teens! I can't believe how fast the days are flying by!? I know I say that every day lol, but it always seems to drag and this time it's not!!!!!:)

Called the ESPN a club last night to see what their VIP package was all about for the Super Bowl and it was a little ridiculous in my opinion. They are offering VIP seating, which is nothing more than a reservation for $100 per person! The $100 includes food and drink up to that amount. I don't want to spend $100 on food, we're on the dining plan! They said walk ups may be turned away and the bar frist come frist serve. So this basically just garantees a seat. We decided not to get the package but I feel bad for my husband. He really wants to watch the game, just not alone at a table cuz we certainly aren't going to pay $300 for all of us to go. He's prob just gonna try and watch it at FQ. Oh well! I tried!
Watch it at the pool bar!!! For sure.
There were a ton of people watching football at our pool when OSU played. I walked by and the bartenders had the tv turned up and probably 20 people around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom