Pre-Trip The birthday trip! Yes, I changed the title

Hi guys! Me, again!

Just booked trip #18 celebrating my daughter's 17th birthday and my husband's 37th birthday in February of 2017! We are so excited and can't wait to go back home!

WHO- Me(Courtney 34)
Husband(Kevin 36)
My Daughter(Brooklyn 16)
Step-Daughter(Mia 10)

WHAT- Well, my baby girl turns 17 on February 3rd and my husband turns 37 on Feb 7th. Also falling in there is Super Bowl Sunday on the 5th. I couldn't care less about football, but since my husband is big football fan I figured I'd look into some fun activities for that day. 5 day hoppers as of now, possibly adding a 6th day during the trip. DDP(we're big fans) My daughter and I spent 2 hrs picking what ADR's we're going to shoot for, and with everything we picked the math comes out to 2 free dinners if we go with the DDP as opposed to paying out of pocket.

WHERE- My fave spot POFQ( our 4th time staying here)

WHEN- February 1-8th possibly the 9th lol

WHY- See WHAT lol....

So like I said, Brook and I carefully chose every restaurant we hope to visit during this trip. Hopefully we are able to snag everything we'd like,but if not, we have a few backups;)

Here is what we have planned so far....Each trip we try and do something new. A new ride, show or restaurant. We are also adding in rest days, which we never do.

Feb1st...Arrival day...This will be a non-park day for us. We usually land early afternoon, so we will swim and hang around the resort until dinner at Chef Mickey's.

Feb 2nd...We will hit AK in the morning. Drop Mia off at Lilo's Playhouse(she LOVES going and BEGS to go every night) and then head over to 1900 Park Fare(a first for us) for an early dinner(hoping for 5ish). After dinner we will head to the MK, until around 10, then head back to the Poly to pick up Mia.

Feb 3rd...Brooklyn's 17th bday!!! A special one for us, I had her when I was 17, and I'm so proud of the young lady she has become. She chose Epcot in the morn and LTT and the MK for her bday dinner...she LOVES it there.

Feb 4th...HS in the morn, leave after lunch and swim until dinner at Spirit of Aloha, a first for us! I'm REALLY excited about the luau!

Feb 5th...Super Bowl Sunday! Rest day. We will swim, maybe do some resort hopping, or whatever else we stumble across. Mia will go to Lilo's at 4 and we will head over to the Boardwalk to visit ESPN and watch the game. They don't take ADR's for dinner or for big games, so hopefully if we arrive more than an hour before game time we'll find some seats. Brook and I will watch for an hour or so, eat some snacks, then hit the Boardwalk and probably rent a surrey. Haven't been to the BW in over 10 years.

Feb 6th...Some nice members here told me about the Super Bowl parade on Monday, so we will check that out. Leave MK in the afternoon and hop over to Epcot to eat at the Garden Grill. Brook and Mia have never been.

Feb 7th...Kevin's 37th bday! He chose Epcot for his bday park. We'll all have dinner at one of his fave places in WDW, Cape May Buffet then hop over to HS for his fave ride, RnRC.

Feb 8th...Departure Day...unless we decide to add another night in the next few months!

Last edited:

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Here's a better pic ...

babyblues.jpg

Courtney6682

Original Poster
WOW! 5 days to go! I am sooo freakin' excited, I'm sure you all understand! My last day of work is Monday and then we leave Wednesday morning. I checked the weather last night and of course Wednesday is the only day in the next week saying there might be light snow in the morning. Rats! Terrible! It's nothing major, but it got me thinking if we should try and leave Tuesday night. I'm just gonna hope we make it out on Wed morning because I'm sure there would fees from the airline and then the cost of a room...ughhhh:arghh: Oddly enough my husband mentioned that he thought we were leaving on Tuesday lol...maybe it's a sign!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Yeahhhh leaving earlier is a no go! To change the flights alone would be over $300! Then factoring in a room, would probably put me at around $500 if not a little more. If I could have done it all for around $300 I would have gone ahead with it. I didn't think the change fee for the flights would be $99 PER PERSON! I was hoping for $50 pp. Guess I'm gonna have to take my chances and hope for the best!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Wow!! 2 DAYS TO GOOO!! I can't believe my countdown started in June and now here we are just HOURS away! Eeeekkkk! Checked the weather for Wednesday this morn and now it's supposed to be almost 50 degrees lol...so...no snow thankfully. Brook and I will pack tomorrow night as per tradition lol. Gonna run to Target for a few more Disney gift cards, pick a few more CM gifts, and drop off the puppy to my friend who lives just a few streets away. After all that, we're readyyy!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
IMG_4436.jpg
Well, we are leaving TOMORROW! It's almost 10:15pm and I just finished packing. Brook hasn't started yet lol. She's a pro tho, been all over the world and has visited more countries than I have, so I know she'll get it done. Our flight leaves in a little over 12 hours! I wrapped all her bday presents and packed all the decorations for the room! I can't believe she's going to be 17 in 3 days! Makes me feel soooo old! 34 sucks lol

Alright friends, I'll see you real soon!

Jess G

Hope you're having an amazing time!!!! Thinking of you as I prep ribs for Super Bowl lol. I hope everything worked out in your favor!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Hi guys!

I haven't forgotten about my TR, I just have no desire to write it lol! I couldn't even bring myself to visit this site for like 2 weeks after we got home...Disney depression sucks! The trip was great and I will start my report very soon.

Things have been crazy at our house for the past few weeks. Kevin's cousin passed away suddenly 2 weeks ago, so her funeral was this past Thursday. It's such a shame, she was really young only 48 with 3 kids and 2 grand kids. She never even got to meet the youngest one, as she was born the day she went into the hosp.

Tonight Brook and I are meeting with an Army recruiter. There was a college fair at her high school last Wednesday and she really liked what the Army had to offer. That night we went up to her school and met with the recruiter for about an hour. She wants to join the Army Reserves, which I learned is NOT National Guard. It's a safer choice. So the past week has been filled with research and studying because the ASVAB is March 29th. She is basically ''using'' the Army to help pay for school..she still wants to be a commercial airline pilot;)

amjt660

Premium Member
Hi guys!

I haven't forgotten about my TR, I just have no desire to write it lol! I couldn't even bring myself to visit this site for like 2 weeks after we got home...Disney depression sucks! The trip was great and I will start my report very soon.

Things have been crazy at our house for the past few weeks. Kevin's cousin passed away suddenly 2 weeks ago, so her funeral was this past Thursday. It's such a shame, she was really young only 48 with 3 kids and 2 grand kids. She never even got to meet the youngest one, as she was born the day she went into the hosp.

Tonight Brook and I are meeting with an Army recruiter. There was a college fair at her high school last Wednesday and she really liked what the Army had to offer. That night we went up to her school and met with the recruiter for about an hour. She wants to join the Army Reserves, which I learned is NOT National Guard. It's a safer choice. So the past week has been filled with research and studying because the ASVAB is March 29th. She is basically ''using'' the Army to help pay for school..she still wants to be a commercial airline pilot;)
First off and most important I am sorry to hear about your loss.

Second I get the not wanting to do the trip report thing. We returned on Dec 30 and I started on Jan 16 so you are in/about the same time frame that I was in.

Third I am glad to hear Brook has an end goal (pilot) and the game plan to see it through (Army Reserves).

Waiting (not so patiently mind you) for the start of the TR...........

Still waiting.........

and still waiting........

(got to work on patience......)

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom