The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

jrhwdw

I was told today that Disneyland Forever will indeed end with the 60th and will be replaced by...

Fantasy in the Sky.

You can't make this stuff up, folks. Hopefully someone with a head on their shoulders figures out this is a crappy idea.
The site that shall not be named said it's because of budget reasons. Why is DL's budget so messed up?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?! Like Forever ending Labor Day? No Soundsational Mon-Thurs until July???? WDW isn't having these problems. Except for ROL, which is a whole other issue, WDW has this summer Disney Springs, AK after Dark, SATW, Frozen Ever After, MRFF and SW: AGS. Compared to 2009-2011 when F! was just 3 times a week at DHS and DHS closed at 7 PM like every Sat night, WDW looks Fantastic right now! Yes, not many 10:30 F!s but that's peanuts compared to where they were a few years ago.

Any more news about PTN????? Yes, I rather see ROL open first, but it might be the good news that Orlando needs.

mickEblu

Can someone tell me why we can't say Micechat on here? This is a serious question. Why do people have to go through the trouble of covering it up? People aren't allowed to visit multiple news or rumor sites?

In the words of Ben Stiller from Meet the Parents .... MICECHAT MICECHAT MICECHAT MICECHAT MICHECAT MICECHAT!!!

With that said I do enjoy this site more. Better sources and way more thoughtful / insightful conversations.

When I see people go through the trouble of not saying MICECHAT, it makes me feel like I'm in North Korea and Kim Jong- Il is up in this B.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Ok this is terrible news, BUT they did say that the show was for the 60th, so no one here should be shocked or surprised if it closes at the end of the summer.

Stevek

I was told today that Disneyland Forever will indeed end with the 60th and will be replaced by...

Fantasy in the Sky.

You can't make this stuff up, folks. Hopefully someone with a head on their shoulders figures out this is a crappy idea.
Glad I paid a visit yesterday. I might go back in early December for a holiday visit. Apparently it's all due to the cost of running it every night. Another bush league move by Disney.

Stevek

Ok this is terrible news, BUT they did say that the show was for the 60th, so no one here should be shocked or surprised if it closes at the end of the summer.
I think we were trained by the 50th that stuff sticks around. Plus, the amount of infrastructure put in place for DL4 was crazy...hard to believe they would do all that and shut it down after a year and a half.

TTA94

I don't have any details on PTN, but I don't believe it's leaving.

With Forever and WoC Celebrate being axed, Halloween and Christmas season coming, budget cuts, and DL being no stranger to running their daytime parade (soundsational) in the evening... Can't help but wonder if Paint The Night is safe :-/.

mickEblu

So let's talk pros and cons ...

Pros:

it will be a lot easier to navigate the the center of the park at night

Makes the actual 60th celebration seem more special with actual limited time only shows

Cons:

Terrible fireworks replacement with Fantasy in the Sky (personally I don't Really care as I rarely stop and watch the fireworks)

Less people watching fireworks means more people on the west side of the park which has been pleasant at night

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom