The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

Figments Friend

So I have a little tidbit I was just allowed privy to....

Thought of all of you right away since the topic of 'Disneyland Forever' going away and being replaced temporarily with 'Fantasy In The Sky' has been a recent topic of discussion here.

This might just make a few people quite happy....l know I sure am.
Read on....

I have heard that 'Remember - Dreams Come True' is coming BACK...but in a slightly updated form, primarily the addition of projection effects.
I was told this is targeted to happen next year, after 'Fantasy In The Sky' s short return this Autumn and likely after the traditional seasonal shows.

This info comes directly from someone who works closely with the various night time entertainment productions, and would be aware of such things.
If I did not trust the legitimacy of the source, I would not share this here.
Of course with TDA, plans can change or just get outright scrapped in the end...but I felt the insight worth sharing.

My guess is 'Fantasy In The Sky' will be used as a place filler to swap out the gear needed to replace things used in 'Forevers' production.
Much like 'Fantasy' did for a short time before the debut of 'DL Forever'.

So as a fan of 'Remember', I am very pleased to hear that this is slated to return.
Hopefully the added projection effect segments won't be 'overdone' like I felt they were in 'Forever'.

No Baxterland spies were harmed with the delivery of this information.
;)

-

Last edited:

VJ

I wonder if there's a chance of this coming on line before my mid January trip.
Most likely, considering "Believe... In Holiday Magic" is usually done by early January. What remains to be seen is if it'll be Remember or Fantasy in the Sky premiering after Believe, so I wouldn't plan your trip around this new show until details are announced.

StarWarsGirl

I may be looking back with rose colored glasses ( I was like 12 years old the last time I saw the parade ). But that MSEP intro and baroque hoedown are just classic. I'm a musical person so what really drew me to MSEP was the sound track. IMO that is where MSEP outshines PTN and that mediocre pop song playing over and over again. As far as visuals I could see how PTN could be more dynamic but I would have to see MSEP in person again to really judge.

As far as the rumor it does seem highly unlikely.
I agree with you on the music, but having seen WDW's MSEP and PTN this year, PTN's floats put MSEP's to shame. I do love MSEP's music though. I put it on when I'm having Disney withdrawal

StarWarsGirl

Loved PTN.
Loved Disneyland Forever.
WofC Celebrate is one giant infomercial and I'm glad it will be gone the next time I'm here. Original WofC was so much better. I also thought the holiday versions (which I have only seen via YouTube) were better.

StarWarsGirl

The site that shall not be named said it's because of budget reasons. Why is DL's budget so messed up?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?! Like Forever ending Labor Day? No Soundsational Mon-Thurs until July???? WDW isn't having these problems. Except for ROL, which is a whole other issue, WDW has this summer Disney Springs, AK after Dark, SATW, Frozen Ever After, MRFF and SW: AGS. Compared to 2009-2011 when F! was just 3 times a week at DHS and DHS closed at 7 PM like every Sat night, WDW looks Fantastic right now! Yes, not many 10:30 F!s but that's peanuts compared to where they were a few years ago.
Sometimes I have to wonder if these parks couldn't learn from each other management-wise. There's stuff that I notice that DL does well and WDW could likely implement, but then some stuff in DL that drives me nuts that I think they could learn from WDW.

But WDW did lose our parade at DHS and AK, we've been watching slightly updated versions of Wishes and Illuminations for 10+ years, and AK is only just now getting nighttime entertainment 18 years after opening. So, we've been due for some new stuff.

FYI, having Fantasmic only a few times a week was nightmare-ish...

Nland316

So I have a little tidbit I was just allowed privy to....

Thought of all of you right away since the topic of 'Disneyland Forever' going away and being replaced temporarily with 'Fantasy In The Sky' has been a recent topic of discussion here.

This might just make a few people quite happy....l know I sure am.
Read on....

I have heard that 'Remember - Dreams Come True' is coming BACK...but in a slightly updated form, primarily the addition of projection effects.
I was told this is targeted to happen next year, after 'Fantasy In The Sky' s short return this Autumn and likely after the traditional seasonal shows.

This info comes directly from someone who works closely with the various night time entertainment productions, and would be aware of such things.
If I did not trust the legitimacy of the source, I would not share this here.
Of course with TDA, plans can change or just get outright scrapped in the end...but I felt the insight worth sharing.

My guess is 'Fantasy In The Sky' will be used as a place filler to swap out the gear needed to replace things used in 'Forevers' production.
Much like 'Fantasy' did for a short time before the debut of 'DL Forever'.

So as a fan of 'Remember', I am very pleased to hear that this is slated to return.
Hopefully the added projection effect segments won't be 'overdone' like I felt they were in 'Forever'.

No Baxterland spies were harmed with the delivery of this information.
;)

-
Been wanting to get around to this, but haven't had the time. I am probably the minority in saying this, but I would absolutely HATE if this is in fact true. Yes, I love RDCT as much as the next person, but after about 10 years of seeing it I really would not want it back. Felt the same way even about the temporary transitional period when Fantasy in the Sky was playing leading up to the 60th. Nice show and all, but becomes stale after about 50 years no? Forever is such a beautiful technological advancement with its projection mapping, insane firework shells, lighting, etc. Even if Remember were to return with similar advancements, it's not the point. It is far too soon to see this show go, after millions of dollars, hours, and so much hardwork invested it must be nothing more than a slap in the face to the creative team of this were the case. It has it's following just like RDCT has had, and it would be a major disappointment for it to end so abruptly. The whole budget cut thing is truly ridiculous. Does it really make any sense that record breaking numbers result in massive cutbacks? Hopefully they are coming to an end like it has been suggested lately by insiders, and am seriously hoping that DLF doesn't get the boot.

D

Deleted member 107043

Been wanting to get around to this, but haven't had the time. I am probably the minority in saying this, but I would absolutely HATE if this is in fact true. Yes, I love RDCT as much as the next person, but after about 10 years of seeing it I really would not want it back. Felt the same way even about the temporary transitional period when Fantasy in the Sky was playing leading up to the 60th. Nice show and all, but becomes stale after about 50 years no? Forever is such a beautiful technological advancement with its projection mapping, insane firework shells, lighting, etc. Even if Remember were to return with similar advancements, it's not the point. It is far too soon to see this show go, after millions of dollars, hours, and so much hardwork invested it must be nothing more than a slap in the face to the creative team of this were the case. It has it's following just like RDCT has had, and it would be a major disappointment for it to end so abruptly. The whole budget cut thing is truly ridiculous. Does it really make any sense that record breaking numbers result in massive cutbacks? Hopefully they are coming to an end like it has been suggested lately by insiders, and am seriously hoping that DLF doesn't get the boot.

From the original post my impression was that RDCT is going to be updated and include the new projections on Main Street. So basically a different show with the same name, much like Fantasy in The Sky.

Figments Friend

Haunted Mansion will close August 22 to get its holiday makeover. Looks like they're aiming for a September 9 start date for HalloweenTime, just 4 days after the 60th ends.

The 9th..?
Wow...seems a bit early this year.

Part of me is glad to hear this, as I am back in Anaheim two days beforehand.
Another part of me has to wonder when the first Party takes place.....and the crowds decend.
Was hoping to take advantage of that quiet spell post-Labor Day.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom