The 10/27/2009 Diningpocalypse

lpet11984

All I want is one reservation!! 6:15pm, 2/14/2010, California Grill. I've called probably 100 times or more (since 7am) and I keep getting the came circuits are busy message. =(

I'm with you...I need one for Ohana early on 2/14/2010, and one for Kouzzina on 2/15/2010...bridesmaids are coming from all corners of the country to meet up for our special trip and I really wanted to treat them to a great time for coming out!!

dznygirl64

Just got back from our second trip in a month and want to report.The food is at its worst ever.All the food we ate on the last two trips have been horrible.We ate at Lecellier NY strip was under cooked sent back twice then gave up,Kona NY strip was undercooked again sent it back,my beloved chicken at 50s was over fryed and Tonys was the worst steak I have ever had not sure it was even beef.I have decided to cancell our January trip because of the horrible food and the people.People are just plain rude anymore and if I see another stroller or power wheelchair I will scream.I think the type of people Disney is attracting anymore with there free food and cheap room rates are ruening the place.I have gone every year since 1971 and after four trips this year I dont care if I ever go back

gemini2727

I got through after about 1/2 hour on hold - :sohappy: -the system is working by phone - got every reservation no problem. I guess so many people calling for so many dates , no one date will be shut out yet...

lpet11984

I got through after about 1/2 hour on hold - :sohappy: -the system is working by phone - got every reservation no problem. I guess so many people calling for so many dates , no one date will be shut out yet...

thanks for the shred of hope! ;)

Edit: AHHH! I JUST GOT IN!! Now time to wait for 25 min, but at least it's magical Disney music instead of a busy tone...

Good luck all! Here's hoping I don't get disconnected!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Well, I'm on hold now. I actually got through, but let's see what happens. When the lady went to tell me how long I'd be on hold, it just cut right to the music, with no time frame given. Rather ominous.

For the first time ever, I think I might actually stay on the line for the survey at the end. I think it's funny that the automated message you hear extols the virtues of the online system, and basically encourages you to hang up and use the internet. If only....

dezinerbug51

I'm finally on hold!! I've been calling since 7am so keep trying!! I'm just as frustrated as everyone else but keep calling!! And it says my wait time is less then 4 minutes!! All I want is one reservation!!!!! Keep your fingers crossed I don't get disconnected!! :)

wdwwdeagle

Yay!
Now I'm on hold too! I heart disneymusic.
Recorded-voice-woman estimates that my call will be answered in less than 25 minutes, which will make me late for lunch with DH, but oh well, he can wait!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yay!
Recorded-voice-woman estimates that my call will be answered in less than 25 minutes, which will make me late for lunch with DH, but oh well, he can wait!
What has this world come to when arranging to eat has now taken precedence over actually eating.:lol:

dreamfinder

Yay!

That's the spirit. Your DH will undestand I'm sure. After all it's for Disney...

wdwwdeagle

If that means that we can eat for days without actually eating then I am all for it.:lol:
How about waiting to reserve for days without actually reserving???

After holding for 25 minutes (at least the hold estimate time was correct), the CM told me she couldn't pull anything up. I stalled her and then she said, "well let me check my other system" (huh?), and then said there was nothing on "either system" -- I wonder if she was just trying to appease me. hmmmm.

I guess it's back to actual eating for me, and then more dialing after lunch.

lpet11984

How about waiting to reserve for days without actually reserving???

After holding for 25 minutes (at least the hold estimate time was correct), the CM told me she couldn't pull anything up. I stalled her and then she said, "well let me check my other system" (huh?), and then said there was nothing on "either system" -- I wonder if she was just trying to appease me. hmmmm.

I guess it's back to actual eating for me, and then more dialing after lunch.

At least it wasn't just me...sat on the phone for a half hour after being on hold for 25 min while she was trying to get her computer to work, and then just as she was saying she was going to transfer me to someone else who's computer was working, the automated survey cut her off midsentence then hung up. :fork::fork::fork:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
After waiting about 25 minutes, I finally got through to an incredibly nice cast member, who apologized profusely for the delay, stating they weren't expecting this volume. How could you not be expecting this? :veryconfu

Anyway, I was able to get through about half of my ADR's, including the "tough" ones (got Le Cellier for a 7:45 dinner!!!). We had just "checked out" before the system crashed again and she told me she'd be unable to book any more reservations. Again, thank god she had the foresight to check out when she did, or I would have lost that reservation for Le Cellier. I'll try back later tonight for the other ones, or maybe see if the internet is back up and running later.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
After waiting about 25 minutes, I finally got through to an incredibly nice cast member, who apologized profusely for the delay, stating they weren't expecting this volume. How could you not be expecting this? :veryconfu

Anyway, I was able to get through about half of my ADR's, including the "tough" ones (got Le Cellier for a 7:45 dinner!!!). We had just "checked out" before the system crashed again and she told me she'd be unable to book any more reservations. Again, thank god she had the foresight to check out when she did, or I would have lost that reservation for Le Cellier. I'll try back later tonight for the other ones, or maybe see if the internet is back up and running later.

You know, this is hard on the people on the other end of the phone lines as well. I'm sure many adult beverages will be consumed this evening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom