The 10/27/2009 Diningpocalypse

DisneyJoe

KEEP CALLING folks :) If you ever want WDW to understand the value of GETTING SERIOUS with Internet Services? You're doing it. Keep hitting redial, BANG that phone system, and cast your vote for decent Internet Systems. This has got to be costing Disney a FORTUNE - someone with a check book is NOT going to like what just happened

If it's only a few days a year, my bet is that they will just swallow the cost.

The cost to hire the right IT people and to design and implement the correct systems architecture would be much much higher than the payroll for extra CM's for a few days a year.

djpoore94

I jumped online at about 5:55 this AM and was able to do all seven days worth of dining reservations. DH kept getting the "system down" message when he tried to log on, but by then I already had LeCellier booked with a confirmation number. He never was able to get it to load, but I made all the reservations (got everything we wanted except Cape May) and I have the confirmation numbers and received the emails. Something weird was going on for sure, but hey, I have the confirmation numbers so they have to honor the reservations right?

captainkidd

15 minutes and giving up. Screw it. I don't have time for this nonsense. A trip to WDW is expensive enough as is. The phone system can't even tell me when the call will be answered.

Disney really es me off sometimes.

captainkidd

Have you tried online? The system is working right now.

Not for me it isn't.

We are currently rolling out a *NEW* online dining application to make your reservation process even easier. Please come back and try our new system when it is available. To make a dining reservation at this time, please call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

djpoore94

Not for me it isn't.

We are currently rolling out a *NEW* online dining application to make your reservation process even easier. Please come back and try our new system when it is available. To make a dining reservation at this time, please call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

That's the same message DH got while I was online making reservations on a different computer.

Fyi

I thought that I would pass on a tip that the nicest CM gave me last night. I called to make reservations for my son at The Pirates League and before she finished making my reservation she asked me if there were any dining reservations she could make for me. I was puzzled and told her that I wished I would have known that she could do that because I waited all day on the dining line. She said that the itenerary people that work the WDW-CREW, WDW-PLAY & WDW-TOUR lines are able to make all reservations including dining!!! The dining CM's can only make dining ressies but that these CM's could make any ressies you need. If I would have only known that sooner I might have been able to get the times that I wanted. Not complaining because I got in everwhere that I wanted, just not at the times I wanted. Thought that this info might help out in the future. Might also save some time because you can do all of your ressies from here. Good Luck!!:)

wdwwdeagle

Morning kids! It is day two of the Diningpocalypse. Are things any better?
Well, it took 3 different phone calls to dis. dining (and approx. 3,000 attempts--haha!), but I finally got everything I wanted, and at the times I wanted. yay! Never had that happen before!

Now I have realized that my 180 day window for my next trip is-- get this-- literally on "black friday" -- the day after thanksgiving! OMG -- now my whole extended family will realize I've gone over to the disney dark side when I get up at 5am to make ADRs!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, it took 3 different phone calls to dis. dining (and approx. 3,000 attempts--haha!), but I finally got everything I wanted, and at the times I wanted. yay! Never had that happen before!

Now I have realized that my 180 day window for my next trip is-- get this-- literally on "black friday" -- the day after thanksgiving! OMG -- now my whole extended family will realize I've gone over to the disney dark side when I get up at 5am to make ADRs!
I had one reservation I had to do this morning for myself. I went online and had it done in less than a minute. Certainty seems better than the reports from yesterday.

djpoore94

DH was able to log in about an hour ago and got the Cape May reservation that I was unable to get earlier so now we have everything we wanted and on the days we wanted too :sohappy:

kmdisney

After calling "Literally All Day" yesterday :brick:....finally after I talked to my 4th person, I was able to get all the ADR's that I needed for our trip in March, but I had forgotten the CRT breakfast ADR.

I just went online and I was able to get CRT character breakfast for my daughter's birthday.

Hopefully by the time all of use get to our trips, we will forget the nightmare of 10/27/09!!!! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom