The 10/27/2009 Diningpocalypse

jakeman

This letter seems a bit... I dunno... harsh... :lookaroun
Yep. I wouldn't take that letter seriously at all.

I know "dammit" isn't the strongest language that could be used, but any amount of cursing would cause me to disregard the rest of the letter.

After the experience I've had this morning, I don't think its harsh at all.
You can be harsh and polite at the same time.

Assuming that this letter was a cut and paste, the number of grammatical errors, exclamation points, and general tone would get a form letter and nothing else from me.

K.. then feel free to add a lot more exclamation points, cause that will really get things done then. :lol::shrug::lookaroun
:ROFLOL:

DisneyMusician2

K.. then feel free to add a lot more exclamation points, cause that will really get things done then. :lol::shrug::lookaroun

Hey, I'm not saying it will get things done, but this is ridiculous. If screaming at the wind makes someone feel better, then go for it.

They dropped the ball on this one, and my letter was more polite, but to each his own.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, last night before I went to bed I remembered that I could book the reservations for Valentines Day starting today so I waited up till midnight... the system didn't switch over. It was still for the 90 day reservations. So I got up at 6:45 am this morning, called, system was busy. Went online to try and make the reservations and I have been getting the booking system is currently unavailable message ever since. I have been trying every 5-10 minutes both online and by phone since 6:45 am. Finally about 10 minutes ago I got the online system to load but then I got the system is overloaded message. This is ridiculous!! My boyfriend works over in the Disney Celebration offices and I just emailed him to have a contact over at DRC try and make them for us!! I agree with the poor planning comments that have been made. This is like mass confusion!! :veryconfu
The system has never switched over at midnight. The official switch over time is 6:00 AM and occasionally it has been as early as 3:00 AM.

yipikyer

I'm sorry if my letter is not in good english. English is not my first language. French is. So if i made mistake, i apologized

Yep. I wouldn't take that letter seriously at all.

I know "dammit" isn't the strongest language that could be used, but any amount of cursing would cause me to disregard the rest of the letter.

You can be harsh and polite at the same time.

Assuming that this letter was a cut and paste, the number of grammatical errors, exclamation points, and general tone would get a form letter and nothing else from me.

:ROFLOL:

jakeman

No problem. I came up with this because I am extremely bored:

Dear Walt Disney World Reservations,

I am contacting you regarding several issues I had with your reservation system this morning and how it has adversely impacted my vacation.

My girlfriend and I are planning on taking our 4 year old child to Walt Disney World this spring and I was anxious to book at Cinderella’s Royal Table for breakfast one morning as this is a staple of the Walt Disney World experience.

I encountered several problems with almost every aspect of your reservation system that is both frustrating and disheartening.

I was informed that the system would be available for 180 days out starting today so I made plans to be available at 6 a.m. this morning for the online system. After selecting the date and almost completing the reservation, the system seem to crash and I lost all of my information.

At 7 a.m. I contacted 407-WDW-DINE and spoke with one of your reservation cast members. I unfortunately neglected to get her name. During the process we got disconnected and I did not receive a call back.

I attempt to call back for 30 minutes and was finally able to get through and was placed on hold for 25 minutes. I was connected with a cast member named Mary Gardner who was unable to locate the restaurant in the system. She also stated that a supervisor was unavailable to assist at the moment.

The difficulties I have encountered this morning have me reconsidering our vacation.

A response would be appreciated, a solution even more so. I can be contacted in the following ways:

Email
Phone
Mail

Thank you in advance for your time in looking into this matter.

Sincerely,

Jakeman

Tiggerfanatic

Not trying to make ADR's, but I can't even get through to make my final payment, either by phone or on-line. Must really have things backed up.....good thing it's not really due until tomorrow.

yipikyer

Thanks, i will use this one. It is much better.

No problem. I came up with this because I am extremely bored:

Dear Walt Disney World Reservations,

I am contacting you regarding several issues I had with your reservation system this morning and how it has adversely impacted my vacation.

My girlfriend and I are planning on taking our 4 year old child to Walt Disney World this spring and I was anxious to book at Cinderella’s Royal Table for breakfast one morning as this is a staple of the Walt Disney World experience.

I encountered several problems with almost every aspect of your reservation system that is both frustrating and disheartening.

I was informed that the system would be available for 180 days out starting today so I made plans to be available at 6 a.m. this morning for the online system. After selecting the date and almost completing the reservation, the system seem to crash and I lost all of my information.

At 7 a.m. I contacted 407-WDW-DINE and spoke with one of your reservation cast members. I unfortunately neglected to get her name. During the process we got disconnected and I did not receive a call back.

I attempt to call back for 30 minutes and was finally able to get through and was placed on hold for 25 minutes. I was connected with a cast member named Mary Gardner who was unable to locate the restaurant in the system. She also stated that a supervisor was unavailable to assist at the moment.

The difficulties I have encountered this morning have me reconsidering our vacation.

A response would be appreciated, a solution even more so. I can be contacted in the following ways:

Email
Phone
Mail

Thank you in advance for your time in looking into this matter.

Sincerely,

Jakeman

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Not trying to make ADR's, but I can't even get through to make my final payment, either by phone or on-line. Must really have things backed up.....good thing it's not really due until tomorrow.
You are actually calling the same location regardless if you are doing dining or reservations.

gemini2727

It finally rang!! No busy signal!! Only to have a man's voice tell me that "all circuits are busy" :cry: At least I got to hear it ringing... I think my finger is going to fall off...

mousebymarriage

Now I have heard that the system is down completely, even if you call.
I frequent another Disney site (not as much as this one) and people on there are complaing that if they manage to get on hold they eventually just get disconnected automatically or if they are lucky enough to get a CM they are being told that the entire dining reservation system is down and could be down until tomorrow:eek:.
People started posting about it at around 10am

JWG

This is a disaster...

Count me as one who officially now HATES the dining plan and the never functioning Disney website.

2 hours of trying = FAIL on both phone and internet.
I posted this on the other dining thread, but maybe saying it twice will make me feel better.

We have been unsuccessful in getting Le Cellier reservations in both 2007 and 2009. Looks like 2010 may go the same way.

DisneyMusician2

After 2 hours and 20 minutes on hold, I finally got my reservations done! WOW.

This includes a Le Cellier dinner 6:00 PM on March 30th. Someone is smiling down on me that that table was still in the system after the torrent of calls from this morning.

Disney really needs to shape it up if they are planning to do something like this again!

lpet11984

At least some are getting through...

Give me hope....I'm on my planning period now hoping to get through... Really need Valentine's Day reservations!!!

wdwwdeagle

if they are lucky enough to get a CM they are being told that the entire dining reservation system is down and could be down until tomorrow:eek:.
People started posting about it at around 10am

Can confirm this.... a friend just called me and told me he got through, only to be told the whole thing is down. The CM told him she had been at the reserv. center since it opened and only had access to the system for about 10 minutes the whole time she's been there (4 hrs. now).

She also told him to check online, and if it shows that you can book (put in your dates for a dining reserv.) to call at that time, b/c that means the system is back up. So, even if you can't get the online system to complete your reservation, you can try calling then, and you might have success on the phone.

Good luck everyone!

dezinerbug51

All I want is one reservation!! 6:15pm, 2/14/2010, California Grill. I've called probably 100 times or more (since 7am) and I keep getting the came circuits are busy message. =(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom