Temporary Further Reduction of Monorail Hours

RunnerEd

I have heard that not only are they reinstating cab riding they are also building new track to connect Animal Kingdom and Hollywood studios to the current loop... If only...

And that the new line will go straight through those dark areas in the Swan and Dolphin buildings....

huntzilla

If your talking about the fact that the resort monorail line will not be running from 11:30am til about 6:30pm, then yes, those changes are happening. It will be like this for about 10 days.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
If its closed till the end of the month (approx) can we presume that will be the end of the monorail closures on these tracks? I go in Sept, staying at the GF.

I wouldn't be sure at this point. The notice for this closure was very short, and they are obviously going to do it as quickly as possibly to get things back open, but that may mean there will be more periods, but short durations.

dave&di

I wouldn't be sure at this point. The notice for this closure was very short, and they are obviously going to do it as quickly as possibly to get things back open, but that may mean there will be more periods, but short durations.

That's what I thought! :( Thanks Steve.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If its closed till the end of the month (approx) can we presume that will be the end of the monorail closures on these tracks? I go in Sept, staying at the GF.

I would expect that until the entire structure is up and most of the outside work requiring any type of height extending equipment is complete, that there would be opportunity for them to close the rails.

zulemara

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I just got to work and saw the posting of hours and duration but I see someone has already posted it. The info I have says it will b complete by the end of the month, weather permitting.

Also ppl please take note: a thread is a topic of discussion. Only one person can start a thread and it was me.

A POST is a response to a thread.

Tigger1988

I just got to work and saw the posting of hours and duration but I see someone has already posted it. The info I have says it will b complete by the end of the month, weather permitting.

Also ppl please take note: a thread is a topic of discussion. Only one person can start a thread and it was me.

A POST is a response to a thread.

Two threads with slightly differing discussions were merged.

annawilliams

Hopefully everything is up and running by 2013 :) I can't wait for my trip! The monorail is such a great convenience from the contemporary.

draybook

We've never taken the monorail to Epcot, so please forgive my question. Will the MK to Epcot monorail still be running?

DJJimmy9

HELP - what does closure

We are staying at Bay Lake Tower starting tomorrow. One of the reasons we chose this resort was because of the monorail. I know we can walk, but we are paying for the monorail. We have 10 people in our group including small children and a 6-month pregnant woman. We are trying to minimize walking.

I'm on the phone going ballistic on Disney right now.

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

This person on the phone is are saying that there could be closures of the monorail during non-peak times between 11:30AM and 6:00PM, but that it doesn't necessarily mean that the monorail will be closed during that entire time.

I am so freaking ed. We paid for a monorail resort and a park hopper option so that we can use it. We have made dining reservations 180-days in advance and now 1-day before our trip, we get told about not having a monorail. That would have been nice to know when we were planning everything.

Someone please talk me off the ledge. How bad is this going to be.

dave&di

We are staying at Bay Lake Tower starting tomorrow. One of the reasons we chose this resort was because of the monorail. I know we can walk, but we are paying for the monorail. We have 10 people in our group including small children and a 6-month pregnant woman. We are trying to minimize walking.

I'm on the phone going ballistic on Disney right now.

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

This person on the phone is are saying that there could be closures of the monorail during non-peak times between 11:30AM and 6:00PM, but that it doesn't necessarily mean that the monorail will be closed during that entire time.

I am so freaking ed. We paid for a monorail resort and a park hopper option so that we can use it. We have made dining reservations 180-days in advance and now 1-day before our trip, we get told about not having a monorail. That would have been nice to know when we were planning everything.

Someone please talk me off the ledge. How bad is this going to be.

I'd be p*ssed too, I'm staying at the GF in Sept and would like to have a bit of notice that the major perk of staying at a Deluxe is not available!

Your'e just going to have to make the best of it I'm afraid, surely you'll be going to the MK before 11.30am, after that it will have to be a bus! :mad:

I feel for you, enjoy your trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom