Team Mist, Project Three: SYWTBAI Season 14

RMichael21

Alright, I think we have a general idea of the story outline, but I think now would be a good time to nail down the specifics and figure out what each scene will consist of.

JokersWild

Queue - "Welcome All Holidays"- type thing. Use interactive queue to our advantage.
Foyer/ Stretching Gallery - Set up to story. Perhaps set up that Jack and company are uninvited in the Haunted Mansion?
First few scenes - zero idea
Seance Room - Finklestein, as I mentioned above
Ballroom - Meeting of the holidays
Attic - No idea
Graveyard - Oogie?
Hitchhiking Ghosts - No idea. I'm inclined to say that Lock, Shock, and Barrel are harassing the hitchhiking ghosts, but that's too close to what's already in HMH
Little Leota - I really want La Catrina here. I just think that it would work exceptionally well.

I know that there are a lot of holes, but that's a basic idea of what I was picturing, at least. What were you guys thinking?

DisneyManOne

I think I suggested having the Halloween toys in the attic popping out of boxes, but what could we do about the bride? We could have a character from the film fill the same purpose (delivering vague death threats to the guests, like the bride does...)

For the graveyard, we could have Jack and the other holiday mascots team up against Oogie and defeat him.

And also, maybe we could have subtle nods to Oogie showing up, until he finally appears...wait a minute, I take back what I just said about someone replacing the bride. That's where we could have Oogie!

JokersWild

I think I suggested having the Halloween toys in the attic popping out of boxes, but what could we do about the bride? We could have a character from the film fill the same purpose (delivering vague death threats to the guests, like the bride does...)

For the graveyard, we could have Jack and the other holiday mascots team up against Oogie and defeat him.

And also, maybe we could have subtle nods to Oogie showing up, until he finally appears...wait a minute, I take back what I just said about someone replacing the bride. That's where we could have Oogie!
Oogie in place of the bride is a super interesting idea. Perhaps inviting guests to his graveyard party? What if Lock, Shock, and Barrel popped up from behind the graves in the graveyard instead of the usual haunts? Which could then lead into the Hitchhiking Ghosts, should we go in that direction.

Snoopy

Oogie in place of the bride is a super interesting idea. Perhaps inviting guests to his graveyard party? What if Lock, Shock, and Barrel popped up from behind the graves in the graveyard instead of the usual haunts? Which could then lead into the Hitchhiking Ghosts, should we go in that direction.

Love the idea of Oogie introducing guests to the graveyard in the place of the bride. In regards to the door hallway scene (not the endless hallway, but the one directly after the guy trying to get out of the coffin), perhaps we could do something like the other holiday mascots attempting to check in/enter their rooms to comedic effect?

JokersWild

Love the idea of Oogie introducing guests to the graveyard in the place of the bride. In regards to the door hallway scene (not the endless hallway, but the one directly after the guy trying to get out of the coffin), perhaps we could do something like the other holiday mascots attempting to check in/enter their rooms to comedic effect?
That's a great idea. Perhaps the doors just aren't cooperating?

Snoopy

That's a great idea. Perhaps the doors just aren't cooperating?

Yeah, that was my thought. Door won't unlock, door keeps opening and hitting one guest in the face, one guest is trying to get out of his room... stuff like that. Then perhaps the library scene could be a sort of reception area for the mascots? We could have a banner and a check in table or something like that.

DisneyManOne

All right, team, I'm liking where this is heading so far. As for the scenes, so we're not confused, I found a script for the WDW Haunted Mansion online (link here), and upon reading it, I was able to understand the ride's layout.

After boarding, guests pass changing portraits (eyes seem to follow guests as they pass). Maybe we could update those portraits to feature Nightmare Before Christmas characters? And then, after the library, we have an Escher staircase room, the endless hallway, the guy in coffin, the doors, and then the Seance room.

I like the ideas about the doors and the library, but what could we do about the Escher staircases or the guy in the coffin?

mickeyfan5534

All right, team, I'm liking where this is heading so far. As for the scenes, so we're not confused, I found a script for the WDW Haunted Mansion online (link here), and upon reading it, I was able to understand the ride's layout.

After boarding, guests pass changing portraits (eyes seem to follow guests as they pass). Maybe we could update those portraits to feature Nightmare Before Christmas characters? And then, after the library, we have an Escher staircase room, the endless hallway, the guy in coffin, the doors, and then the Seance room.

I like the ideas about the doors and the library, but what could we do about the Escher staircases or the guy in the coffin?
Don't doubt the power of some nice garland for the staircases. The guy in the coffin, maybe have Lock, Shock, and Barrel sitting on it?

Mascot wise, what about a Buton-esque Candlemas? Not quite Christmas but still having the relative significance in parts of the world.

Basketbuddy101

Wow! I'm loving this concept art, Basketbuddy!
Thanks. I figured taking a more simple approach was preferable. Now, about the ride itself, I say we assign sections by today. I'd actually love to do a couple of written scenes. Maybe the seance room if it's alright. That's actually going to be one of the main concept art pieces.

DisneyManOne

Last edited:

Basketbuddy101

I can take care of the Escher Staircase Room as well.
"I am the one hiding under your stairs; fingers like snakes and spiders in my hair."
863f51b8fb462b6b61bf23bfd5bc8f0e.jpg

JokersWild

I thought I was writing the seance room with BasketBuddy doing the art. If BasketBuddy has written something for it, that's totally fine. I'm just confused, haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom