Team Mist, Project Three: SYWTBAI Season 14

Basketbuddy101

Decided to go with an Easter themed attic sequence. Let me know if it's too grotesque!

The Escher Staircase

The doombuggy glides upward toward the Escher Staircase, which will retain its familiar layout and lighting arrangement. However, guests will find that the series of endless staircases is now home to a new resident: The One Hiding Under the Stairs, a familiar monster from the film who first made his appearance during the opening number of the 'The Nightmare Before Christmas.' Due to the fact that the omnimovers rarely stop, the creature will be presented in full animatronic form, greeting guests from adjacent to the main balusters. As the vehicles approach the center of the room, the monster will peer at guests, waving his fingers at them, which appear in the form of hissing snakes. "So many stairs, so many places to hide and…seek, hah heh," guests hear him say, the monster's fingers wiggling profusely. "Hello, hello, having a good time? Pay me a visit sometime; I'm just a couple of steps away." The footstep projections that usually step above guests' heads are replaced with silhouettes of slithering snakes, their tiny red eyes glowing like candles flames.

The Attic

The omnimovers approach the entrance to the attic, which is covered in strings of dark green Easter grass. Large baskets are scattered about the entrance, each holding large eggs painted in bright, mellow colors, which glow brightly under the blacklight. The eggs feature hand painted designs depicting characters from the film, including Oogie, Sally, Jack, Mr. Mayor, and zero, along with various other shapes, stripes, and patterns. Strings of candy hang from the ceiling, along with ornaments shaped like carrots. Oversized jelly beans stacked in carrot-shaped containers glow beautifully as the omnimovers glide past large cardboard boxes that read "Easter Supplies," "Easter Eggs," "Jellybeans," and "Easter Stuff" on them. A wide banner hung from one end of the attic to the other reads "Greetings From Easter Land," painting in hot pink paint. Nestled at the foot of an oversized carrot, the Easter Bunny clutches his basket as he admires his handiwork, perhaps too busy to acknowledge guests. As the omnimover travels deeper into the attic, however, the scene becomes slightly more alarming, as Lock, Shock, and Barrel have seemingly intercepted the Easter Bunny's "Easter Toys" box, proceeding to alter them to their liking.

Wind-up baby chick toys have been painted black, their eyes glowing like fire, and their chirps sounding more like aggressive barks. Each half of every Easter egg has been fused with sharp blades of teeth; the eggs chatter in an open-close motion, making sharp, cutting sounds. Large chocolate bunny wrappers have been heavily modified, converted to look like coffins, the lids opening to reveal terrified chocolate bunny animatronics, who dodge the lids as they snap shut. One of the bunnies can be seen in a corner of the attic, entangled in the Easter Grass. Lock, Shock, and Barrel are busy engaging in their twisted Easter activities. Lock is busy rolling on the floor laughing at the terrified chocolate bunnies while Shock is balancing herself atop a box, searching for one of the chocolate bunnies who is hiding underneath the box, opening a corner and looking around, terrified. "Here bunny, bunny, bunny, where are youuuu?" She asks mockingly, laughing in between calls. Barrel is busy eating a large, dismembered chocolate limb while an arm crawls in a circular motion around horribly-spotted jellybeans. As the omnimover reaches the end of the attic, Oogie Boogie can be seen near a window, a basket in hand, a chocolate bunny head nestled inside. "Will ya just look at that! A head but no body," he exclaims, an obvious parody of the Hatbox Ghost. "Come on, you three," he says, his words directed at Lock, Shock and Barrel. "There's a party going on right outside, and everyone's invited. Just don't lose your head, hah hah hah hah!"

mickeyfan5534

The Foyer
"When holiday creeps come here to play and air takes on a deathly chill. When the thirteenth hour appears on the clock and Easter eggs and sugar plums begin to sway. This is the time where holidays come together, to practice their craft in joyous delight!

As we walk into the foreboding foyer, decked out for all Halloween can bring, the air turns deathly still as a large portrait of the trees sending those to the towns of holidays begins changing. First, the doors open. Then, the rulers of the town begin stepping out, one by one. As the portrait finishes it's elaborate change, all the rulers of the holiday towns

The Stretching Room
"Welcome, frightful friends, to the Haunted Mansion Holiday. I am your host, your... Holiday Host. Kindly step all the way in please and make room for everyone. There's no turning back now. 'Twas the nightmare before Christmas and all through the house; the holiday worlds made up their plans. As thoughts and fears went through all the pouts, Jack Skellington decided to move through the house. While dreams and magic took over the land, a top on the course made decorations the plan."
(thunder and a projection of Jack on the ceiling)
"Happy Halloween my honored guests!"
"Oh dear, I didn't mean for him to come in so soon. Now, as they say, look alive! There's more to see."

The stretching room, decorated in garland and holly, takes on an all new form. The portraits now show The Easter Bunny, Santa, Jack and Sally, and a Thanksgiving Turkey. Upon full stretching, the Easter Bunny is being chased by the werewolf, Santa is being threatened by Lock, Shock, Barrel, and Oogie Boogie, Jack and Sally are decorating the mansion on a rickety ladder help up by Zero, and the Turkey is escaping a knife wielding Mayor. To make the transition easier, the attic scrim is simply projected on rather than replacing the attic.

Load
"The holiday fun will only materialize if you keep all hands and arms in the vehicles. And parents, please watch your children. That Oogie Boogie would love to find them."
"Please do not pull down on the safety bar. I will do it for you."
The long hallway that brings us to the load is simply decorated exactly how a citizen of Halloween would decorate for Christmas. Garland covered in pumpkins and orange candles light the way for guests to load into their doom buggies and head off.

I'm sorry this isn't super detailed. I got called into work today and I have to get ready.

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
The Queue

At first glance, it will be apparent to guests that something new is happening over at Liberty Square’s world-famous spook house. The normally drab mansion exterior has been enthusiastically decorated with streamers and balloons of all colors and patterns. Yellow, Blue, Orange, Pink, White with Red polka dots, Green with Purple stripes. There are so many balloons that for a moment it may seem like a strong breeze could carry this house up, up, and away! Wooden stand-ups with likenesses of Jack Skellington and Sandy Claws painted on are positioned at the front gate of the Haunted Mansion, smiling and shaking hands. Another wooden stand-up depicting the Mayor of Halloweentown is nearest the entrance to the HM queue. The mayor is holding a megaphone in one hand, and with the other hand displays a scroll for guests to read. The text follows:

Notice!
All holiday-town hosts and residents
The meeting of the holidays will commence today, here in this
HAUNTED MANSION

Don’t be left home for the holidays! Enjoy food, drink, and merry-making for one day only in this historic residence - the new home-away-from-home for famous holidays, holidays trying to make a name for themselves, and holidays not yet recognized on the League’s official calendar. Today’s meeting will commence once all invited holidays have arrived at these happy haunting grounds.

RSVP, regrets only, to Jack Skellington c/o Ghost Relations Dept. Magic Kingdom
Please! Do not RSVP in person

The horseless hearse in front of the mansion has been similarly decorated with balloons and streamers, and painted letters across the side of the carriage read: “Holiday Shuttle Service”. Once underneath the covered queue, guests can peer across the Rivers of America to see the shores of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad[1]. On the riverbank now stands a circle of tall, thin trees. Each tree in the group has on the base of its trunk a painted door, shaped into a holiday symbol. Just like in the movie, a guests would expect to enter Halloweentown by entering the tree with the pumpkin-shaped door, or to find Thanksgivingtown just on the other side of the turkey-shaped entrance. Of course, this tiny forest is too far to explore in detail, so the guests must press on towards the Haunted Mansion. The doors are all closed so that onlookers can see their colorful fronts, but tracks and footprints on the dirt in front of the group of trees suggest that the citizens of each of these towns has already entered the Magic Kingdom and trekked to the opposite side of the river. The Graveyard section of the Florida Haunted Mansion queue has been roped off from guest entrance. The garden beyond features tables and chairs, with tubs of ice cream and punch set out on the lawn. A sign hangs on the rope reading:
Please all holidays enter through the side-doors ahead. The Graveyard Ice Cream Social will be held here after the official gathering.
A Haunted Mansion cast member opens the double doors into the foyer and guests are ushered inside.

[1] On the Big Thunder Side of the RoA, at the exit to BTMRR, a guest can see the reverse side of these trees, and behind them the newly-decorated Haunted Mansion. A long note is posted in front of the tree-circle for guests to read, identical to another note posted outside the Haunted Mansion (see main description).

---TrevorA​

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
All right, guys, we are officially 24 hours away from the due date. Do we have any ideas for the graveyard scene and for the mascot?

In my queue write-up I envisioned the graveyard as kinds of an afterparty for the Meeting of the Holidays. It could be a great place to show all of the guests who are visiting the mansion!

---TrevorA

DisneyManOne

I've just set up a Private Message for all of you on the team. If you guys haven't posted your scenes to the thread yet, send them to the message. I'll edit them together in Word, and then sent it over to the main thread.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom