Team Goelz: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Nine Open Brainstorming

Basketbuddy101

I'll do my part tomorrow early. Do we want an Igor type your guide through the maze? Like he is guidingus on a tour through the castle for the experiment.
I like the idea. We probably have to be careful with it though because the goal is to shuffle as many people as we can through the maze. It might hurt our realism score if the maze becomes too intimate. In other words, we should strike a balance here.

Basketbuddy101

Lights, Camera, Chucky

'Lights, Camera, Chucky' is one of several new mazes for Universal's Horror Nights event. The maze, centered around the beloved killer doll, is located near the entrance to Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls in Toon Lagoon. This, of course, is one of the more unique elements of this maze—it looks and feels like a children's attraction, at least at first. The true nature of the maze is hidden behind a bright and colorful exterior: Pals Studios, the home of Chucky himself, along with his gang of 'Good Guys.' Due to the misleading nature of the exterior, cast members will be make a concerted effort to inform parents that while this maze may seem like good, clean fun for the whole family, it's not appropriate for children under the age of 13.

Maze Narrative:

The loose story of the maze is that the 'Play Pals' company, well-known for its popular children's cartoon series and line of interactive dolls, is open to the public for an exclusive taping of its new live action show: "The New Adventures of the Good Guys." Guests effectively play the role of studio audience attendees, completely oblivious to the dangers that await them inside.

Entrance, Exterior, & Queue:

The maze begins after guests pass under the familiar entrance to 'Ripsaw Falls.' It is here that guests can choose to either ride the attraction or visit the maze. The queue splits in two, and maze-goers are sent down the path toward a preexisting gate that ordinarily leads to the backstage area of 'Ripsaw Falls.' Just beyond the gate, guests catch a glimpse at the maze's well-themed exterior, which is themed after a traditional movie studio, complete with a soundstage entrance and yellow 'Good Guys' water tower. There's no shortage of queue space here; the exterior queue can handle even the largest of crowds on busy days. As far as theme is concerned, the exterior will fit seamlessly with that of the Toon Lagoon aesthetic. The bright, saturated colors of the maze's exterior blends seamlessly with its 'Dudley Do-Right' neighbor, ensuring cohesion between two attractions that are fundamentally different from each other in terms of realism and content. Guests listen to cheery, upbeat, whimsical tunes as they wait, having some guests become confused as to why the queue is so lighthearted.

Maze Preshow

After waiting in the exterior queue, guests are led by 'studio members' into the soundstage, where they come across a gallery of various posters and artwork from the original 'Good Guys' cartoon show. The rest of the room is adorned by large television monitors showing hand-drawn footage of the cartoon show. Guests look overhead to see a 'studio member' on a platform above. The studio member, a young man with a director's hat and microphone clipped to his shirt, smiles at guests as the doors in the back close off. "How's everyone doing tonight? Awesome, awesome. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Play Pals Studios. My name is Rick and I'm a studio member. Now, tonight's an important night for us because, in just a few moments, we'll be filming the pilot of our new live action show: 'The New Adventures of the Good Guys,' and you, that's right…you folks are lucky enough to be our first studio audience. Now, if you take a look at the television monitor to my left, you'll notice that—" His voice is cut off by a child-like figure who emerges from the curtains behind him. The figure pulls a sharp knife from his overalls and drags Rick by his collar, stabbing him repeatedly. Guests watch as Rick falls on the platform above, lifeless. Chucky himself (actor in costume) then hops on his body and laughs, eyeing guests. "What the hell is up with these people and their god**mn screens?" he says, palm to his forehead. He examines the motionless body next to him and shakes his head. "Sorry I had to cut your performance there, Rick, but the studio is officially under new management. You folks are in for a real treat, I got a great show for everyone tonight, but see, not everyone's in on the surprise. That's right, the crew doesn't know I'm here, so [he raises the knife in the air for everyone to see] I would appreciate it if everyone kept my performance a secret, you know, that way, we don't have any more than, say…25 or 40 casualties. Alright, enough chitchat. Everybody come on through, don't be shy. Don't bother turning back—the doors are shut tight. I made sure [he laughs]. Oh and remember, folks…it's a soundstage; no one outside can hear you scream. Sayonara."

Main Maze:

Guests are then led into the main maze, beginning with a path through a room of oversized toy blocks. Blood is splattered on the dark walls; the room altogether is lit by black light. Guests proceed through the room, which is one of the more tame scenes in the maze. To exit the room, guests pass under a massive, dismembered Chucky cutout head, its eyes looking down at guests, shuffling from left to right. After passing through Chucky's mouth, guests are led into one of the show's many "filming sets," which tie into the theme of the maze taking place inside a movie studio overrun by Chucky. After walking through a short corridor, guests find themselves in the "Good Guys Hospital" set, which is designed to look like an emergency room. An operation bed is at the center of the room. The walls are adorned with various medical tools and machinery. A live actor is strapped to the bed, a spotlight shining on him from above. The actor is supposed to be one of the cast members of the show, a "patient." He struggles to escape from the restraints, his legs stained with blood. He screams in terror. "Help! Someone help me! God! Help me!" Suddenly, Chucky emerges from behind a curtain, a chainsaw in hand. "This may sting! Sorry, I'm all out of anesthesia! Hah hah hah hah" He waves the chainsaw in the air, then proceeds to "cut" the actor's legs further, splattering the room with "blood." Chucky then circles around the room, waving the chainsaw at guests. "Hey, I'm trying to work here! Why don't we give the good doctor some…f**ing space?!"

Guests continue through the hospital set and into the "sky" set, which features a mechanical 'Good Guys' blimp suspended on an obvious overhead track. Chucky stands inside the blimp, laughing at the misery of another actor, who is retrained on a wooden rig at the edge of a large sky backdrop. This Chucky is presented as an animatronic. As the animatronic giggles to himself, occasionally waving at guests, the blimp moves inward and outward in a horizontal motion, its propellers thrusting straight into the face of the restrained actor, who yells in pain as a splatter of "blood" stains the bright blue background behind him. Using prosthetics and makeup, the actor's head appears to be split in two; parts of his brain are visible, and one of his eyes dangles from out of its socket.

A passageway near some of the studio equipment leads guests into a "kitchen" set, complete with oversized, rotten vegetables, fruits, and rancid meat, complete with a pungent odor that guests can actually smell. Guests find that Chucky is walking on top of the table, chopping up limbs, legs, and various body parts. "You're all just in time for dinner! Who wants the arm, heh? Who wants the leg? You want the leg or the wing, eh?" He waves the knife at guests, who proceed through the kitchen and into the "freezer," where guests find that a great deal of the studio members have frozen to death inside. These are not live actors, of course, and are instead dummies made to look like frozen bodies.

After proceeding through the freezer, guests find that the rest of the maze becomes tighter and more claustrophobic. Guests proceed into a dressing room, complete with a single "mirror" and tabletop dedicated to Chucky. Guests are then led "inside" the mirror and into another realm. 15 foot mirrors make it difficult to navigate through the maze. Fog fills the air. To add to the misery of being unable to find a way out of this section of the maze, guests are constantly terrorized by multiple Chucky actors, who seem to multiply in number, emerging from trapdoors in the walls, knives raised in the air in a stabbing motion.

After reaching the end of the mirror room, guests proceed down a hallway of various doors, all of which are labeled with various studio titles such as "Assistant Director," "Producer," and "Production Artist." This area features a number of office spaces, each pertaining to a specific murder of a studio executive on Chucky's end. In one room, guests find that a man was beaten to a pulp and then impaled by a desk chair. The actor raises his arm at guests. "H-h-help…me," he whispers. Another room reveals that Chucky stapled a man's entire body and then poured ink on his wounds. Another room, one of the more gruesome incidents, has a man hanging from the ceiling fan, a corded phone wrapped tightly around his neck. His body appears bloody and chewed on. Yet another door reveals a man who is wrapped by a number of wires connected to the ceiling lights. When the lights go on, the man is electrocuted. He screams in pain as a Chucky actor laughs from one of the air vents above. After proceeding through the hallway, guests are led into the "Studio Gift Shop."

The gift shop features walls adorned with dozens upon dozens of 'Good Guys' dolls, each of them appearing in their wholesome form. Suddenly, guests hear a disembodied chant emitting from the hidden speakers. Chucky is performing a voodoo spell! Guests watch as the dolls suddenly come to life, their heads turning slowly; eyes glowing like fire. They laugh as their boxes shake violently. A large box on one of the of the wall opens outward, revealing a pile of lifeless studio member bodies (dummies). It soon becomes clear that Chucky performed a spell in which the dolls were brought to life by means of live human sacrifice. The studio members' bodies were apparently thoroughly sliced and grazed by knife; their nails were pulled off, along with their hair and teeth. Their bodies were also badly burned by the look of it. Guests watch in horror as the dolls continue looking around the room, their expressions visibly bright and happy. From behind one of the boxes, Chucky (actor) waves his knife at guests and screams. "You're next, motherfu**ers!" Guests scream as they proceed out of the "gift shop" and "outside" to an alleyway behind the studio.

The grimy alleyway doesn't get any more pleasant for guests, who find that the area is frequented by studio members who have apparently gone insane after their experiences inside. The foggy alleyway features a brick wall stained with blood letters reading "Chucky did this." The fire escape above features several bodies swinging back and forth, hanging from apparent suicides. Several traumatized studio members approach guests, their bodies bleeding profusely. "Hey…hey…HEY! Get the f**k outta here! He's gonna…kill me. He's gonna kill me, I know it…HEY! Are you listening to him!? He says get the f**k outta here! The doll! He's…he's alive. And…he said he'll kill me…I know he will, but…GET OUT!" The man mutters in between sporadic yells. Guests proceed along the alleyway, the studio members walking aimlessly through the area, muttering and screaming to themselves in madness. Suddenly, Chucky emerges from a window above, stepping out of it and raising his knife in the air. The studio members who are still alive don't react to Chucky, but instead begin to laugh and howl as Chucky runs through the alley, "stabbing" them to "death." After turning a corner, guests near the end of the maze. A large plywood backdrop sits beside a number of other studio props. The backdrop features Chucky at the center of orange swirls, an obvious parody of the Looney Tunes ending title. The backdrop reads: "That's all, mother***ers" in cursive letters. Guests proceed through a tunnel and back at the familiar entrance to the maze.

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

I've gone back and updated my Rocky Horror maze. When it comes time for the final edit, I encourage whoever's editing it to make some edits to make it more palatable for however long it takes to get through a regular HHN maze. I really went all out with the editing, and included more sequences.

Check it out here.

Snoopy

Also, are we all good on the "Thread with all things linked on page one" concept for presentation?

I'm fine with it. :)

Will we be posting our own contributions individually into it? I'm leaving for work soon and will not be home until around 10 EST, so the earliest I could add it is then.

kmbmw777

Backstory

Transylvanian Times (Sept 31st, 1977)
Obituary

Frederick Frankenstein was found dead in his bed last night. Death is believed to be of Natural Causes, but local law enforcement is still inspecting the scene as Frankenstein has dealt with shady alchemy. No foul play is believed to be involved.

Many years ago, he inherited the estate of the mad scientist Viktor Frankenstein, who had successfully re-animated a dead body. This Creature, after much drama, went on a rampage killing his master.

When Frederick arrived, he found the journals of his ancestor and began his quest to remake this work. He revived a creature, who stole his girlfriend but became much more intelligent than the old creature.

Frederick married his assistant, and the two lived happily ever after til now. Ingrid announced that the funeral will be held in exactly one week. She is inviting the Creature and Elizabeth but does not plan on them showing up.

Transylvanian Times (Oct 6th, 1977)
Danger

At Frankenstein's funeral, the creature arrived. During the proceedings, he looked to Elizabeth, Ingra, and Igor during the proceedings. At a seemingly random point, the four acted at once. They stole Frederick's body, and escaped to the Mansion. They have barricaded themselves inside and are heavily armed. Trespassers have been killed. Current speculation is that they plan to revive Frederick.

Transylvanian Times (Oct 8th, 1977)
Danger

Police raided the mansion and found nothing, but moaning coming from the basement. All four officers are traumatized by the sound, and thus they quit. The police station is looking for volunteers to help them on the raid of the mansion. Igor, however, has escaped the mansion. He refuses to talk much about the details but will be leading the cops through the mansion

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
As we walk through the hall, we pass by some of the monsters that have come to pay their respects to the good doctor. The first room we pass through is very swampy with overgrown moss. The Creature from the Black Lagoon jumps out and tried to take swipes at guests. Nearby, a very similar looking creature looks at the Creature from the Black Lagoon judgementally. Igor's voice can be heard and it informs us, "Don't worry, this one won't hurt you. It is the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Harmless. The Creature from the White Lagoon is the dangerous one. Look at that judgemental stare. Institutionalised racism is the real monster here."

The next room we pass through is a vampire den. Bats hang from the ceiling. The room is very dark. With his cloak, a Dracula type blends in with the room before revealing himself to scare guests. Igor says, "Careful of Vladimir. Getting bit by him really sucks." Aside from the scary bats, we also pass by a cooler full of cans of soda. The cooler is labelled "Drac-cooler" and the soda are all labelled as "Drac-Cola" brand soda (written like the Coca-Cola logo).

The third room in the grouping features a mummy trying to grab at us. He is restrained by something. As we make our way around the room, we see that his bandages lead back to first aid box that the rolls he is wrapped in came from. Apparently, the Mummy is still attached to the rolls in the box. Igor comments, "If anyone is frightened, please only scream out for your daddy. Calls for your mommy may get confusing in this room."

We then walk through a crumbling hallway. Pieces of the roof and columns are made to look like they are about to fall on us in sudden, startling ways. Igor can be heard saying, "careful in that hall, my brother Bob was supposed to fix it up, but won't pay for repairs. Bob Igor is a real cheapskate." A not so subtle playful jab at Disney.

Sorry this is kinda hastily thrown together. I really haven't had time this week.

Last edited:

kmbmw777

As we walk through the hall, we pass by some of the monsters that have been invited to this special event as well. The first room we pass through is very swampy with overgrown moss. The Creature from the Black Lagoon jumps out and tried to take swipes at guests. Nearby, a very similar looking creature looks at the Creature from the Black Lagoon judgementally. Our guide informs us, "Don't worry, this one won't hurt you. It is the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Harmless. The Creature from the White Lagoon is the dangerous one. Look at that judgemental stare. Institutionalised racism is the real monster here."

The next room we pass through is a vampire den. Bats hang from the ceiling. The room is very dark. With his cloak, a Dracula type blends in with the room before revealing himself to scare guests. Our guide says, "Careful of Vladimir. Getting but by him really sucks." Aside from the scary bats, we also pass by a cooler full of cans of soda. The cooler is labelled "Drac-cooler" and the soda are all labelled as "Drac-Cola" brand soda (written like the Coca-Cola logo).

The third room in the grouping features a mummy trying to grab at us. He is restrained by something. As we make our way around the room, we see that his bandages lead back to first aid box that the rolls he is wrapped in came from. Apparently, the Mummy is still attached to the rolls in the box. Our guide comments, "If anyone is frightened, please only scream out for your daddy. Calls for your mommy may get confusing in this room."

Sorry this is kinda hastily thrown together. I really haven't had time this week.
Is this for the Young Frankenstein maze cuz then my backstory doesn't fit?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Is this for the Young Frankenstein maze cuz then my backstory doesn't fit?
Oh, sorry. I thought the story is that we were first for the wedding/funeral/resurrection along with a lot of other monsters. It can fit with your back story, just quickly change it so the guide is Igor taking the copsthrough the mansion to where the resurrection takes place. All these monsters can be some of the source of the moaning that caused the other cops to quit

kmbmw777

I don't mean to nitpick, but it's "Inga", not "Ingrid".
Oops sorry.
Oh, sorry. I thought the story is that we were first for the wedding/funeral/resurrection along with a lot of other monsters. It can fit with your back story, just quickly change it so the guide is Igor taking the copsthrough the mansion to where the resurrection takes place. All these monsters can be some of the source of the moaning that caused the other cops to quit
Oh okay I get it.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Five Nights at Freddy's
Night Shift

five-nights-at-golden-freddys.jpg

So, for any of you who dont know, Five Nights at Freddy's is an indie horror game that has blown up in a huge way over the last few years. 4 succesful main series games, 2 popular spin offs, 2 books, and 1 upcoming move. Not to mention an insane amount of merchandise! The series is, at its most simply stated, about a haunted Chuckie Cheese type pizza place. For a description of the maze, check out these videos! As a totally real YouTube gamer, I was invited in an advanced your of the maze alongside Markiplier, MatPat, and others! This is totally a real thing that happened!

For more info, I hand you over to my Universal insider friend who totally wasn't supposed to be me with a fake mustache in another video I didn't have time to make.

"Hey! This is @Eulersnotationonmycrumpet. I am @Pionmycake 's Universal insider friend. So,this Fnaf maze is built to disorient people (darkness, blinking lights, steam) so they think they are walking in a loop, but it really is all new rooms. Each "loop" through the pizzeria gets smaller and more cramped to make people feel like everything closing in and getting more intense. Most of the effects here are very simple, a couple costumes and some simple shadow projections do most of the work.

They did a lot of statue work for this one though. A lot of figures here. Some even are very simple animatronics. It was a bigger investment than Universal usually likes, but they forsee this as being a hit and bringing in a whole new audience. There are already proposals for a maze next year based on either Fnaf 3 or Sister Location. Viral marketing through Let's Players, like Pi Plays, is seen as a big bonus for Universal.

The Pizza in the waiting area is a genius move. It's the exact same pizza as the Fantastic Four Cafe carted over and stuck on a paper plate with the Freddy Fazbear logo. The genius part is that they charge at least a dollar more a slice just for the novelty. They know fans will eat that stuff up both figuratively and literally.

Over all, this maze was chosen not just for the franchise's huge recent success and how great a fit for a haunted house it is, but for the new audiences and new marketing oppurtunities it brings. This new wave of cult indie horror games is something Universal hopes to capitalise on in the next few years. Some analysts say it could cause almost as much growth for the halloween event as Walking Dead did. Especially if the Fnaf movie does well and more India horror games can be included in HHN. Universal regrets missing out with Slenderman, they won't make that mistake again."

Reference photos
latest

mqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

images

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom