Team Goelz: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Nine Open Brainstorming

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Season 14, Project Nine: FRONK-Anstien's Halloween Horror Nights
a78ba8286bcb788af3bb474f9ee27c06.png

Based on the Halloween Horror Nights project from Season Nine and Monkey's Young Frankenstein project from Season Eight.

Here we have another hybrid of two famous projects. Throughout his time with the game, Hack2112 vouched for wanting to do a Halloween Horror Nights project and was very outspoken about his love for this very popular Universal event. Hack got his wish in season nine which resulted in one of that season's most memorable projects. Meanwhile, @monkey92514 went on a roll in season eight delivering two different projects based on beloved Mel Brookes comedies...Young Frankenstein and Spaceballs. For this project, Universal Studios Orlando has tasked Team Goelz to design the mazes and scarezones, as well as a new show, for the 2017 Halloween Horror Nights Event. In honor of the late great Gene Wilder, Universal has requested the headlining maze for this year be themed to one of his most iconic films...The black and white horror comedy landmark "Young Frankenstein".

In addition to that, you must also create four additional mazes, three scarezones, and a new live show to headline the event. Here's the twist...While the team will be working together on the main Young Frankenstein maze as well as brainstorming for how to fit the rest of the offerings together, each member of the team will be assigned to a specific part of the project. All these different parts will be graded by MEW and myself on the familiar grading scale minus the team work score. In a way, this is a return to form to the early "Every man for himself days" mixed with a team element to the creativity. The team member of the lowest scoring portion of the project will be eliminated and become the second juror. The rest will move on to the double digit projects with a one and seven shot of winning it all!

For reference, here are all the requirements. When posting the final project please GIVE CREDIT to each person for the individual sections they present. Good luck team. This project is due Saturday, April 8th at 11:59 PM Eastern.

-Young Frankenstein Maze (group effort)
-Additional Maze #1
-Additional Maze #2
-Additional Maze #3
-Additional Maze #4
-Scare Zone #1
-Scare Zone #2
-Scare Zone #3
-Live Show

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
So, this is gonna be a weird project for me cuz I have only seen like 3 horror movies and only enjoyed like 2 of them lol.
ScreamFeatured.jpg

Off the top of my head, a Scream maze. Make it meta like the movie. You're going through a generic haunted house maze based on the in universe Stab movies and the real ghostface is trying to kill you. Someone is telling you the "Rules for haunted house mazes" like the rules for horror movies from the films. Maybe integrate an app designed for the event that allows you to "talk" on the phone with Ghostface.
scream-opening.jpg

Do you like scary movies?

JokersWild

So, this is gonna be a weird project for me cuz I have only seen like 3 horror movies and only enjoyed like 2 of them lol.
ScreamFeatured.jpg

Off the top of my head, a Scream maze. Make it meta like the movie. You're going through a generic haunted house maze based on the in universe Stab movies and the real ghostface is trying to kill you. Someone is telling you the "Rules for haunted house mazes" like the rules for horror movies from the films. Maybe integrate an app designed for the event that allows you to "talk" on the phone with Ghostface.
scream-opening.jpg

Do you like scary movies?
That could be super cool, and I fully support it. Just know that Universal has already done a few mazes based off of Scream. So, look into that and make sure that you're not treading the same water, I guess.

Young Frankenstein could be super cool, especially since it has to be, presumably, at least somewhat scary. Universal usually has one comedy maze each year, but it's still scary to some extent. I'd rather not do a beat by beat of the story, but we could/ should absolutely take as many elements from the film as we can. Frau Blucher, Puttin' on the Ritz, and the like. Perhaps the queue could be either in Frankenstein's castle, or the woods, passing through the blind man's hut? In terms of scary aspects, I think it'd be easiest to draw from the atmosphere and create something more uneasy than straight up scary, if that makes sense.

In terms of the maze that I'd like to do, I have a few ideas.
.The Shining. It's ripe for this type of attraction. Tight corridors, super unsettling setting, and the like. Could be an interesting take on a horror maze.
.Get Out. This would absolutely not work for obvious reasons. I'd absolutely love to, as it would work incredibly well, but I worry that it's a bit too racially charged to properly do justice in a theme park setting.
.It. Probably the most realistic of my ideas. It's coming out this fall, so it's in the minds of the general public. This would absolutely be just downright frightening, if pulled off correctly.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards doing IT. As much as I'd like to do The Shining, It would be absolutely spectacular as a maze. I will think about this more during the night.

kmbmw777

I have never seen a horror film or anything. They don't sit well with me.

However, I have read this novel called full tilt
http://www.storyman.com/books/full-tilt/
It is kind of more adventure but basically they go to a carnival where the rides match their worst fears.

I would love to use this as inspiration for amaze or scarezone

Magic Feather

I would love to do a scare zone or a show personally. As for the houses, 2 original and 2 ip would be best. Also, what if we moved the event to IOA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom