Team Goelz, Project Ten - Brainstorming Thread

Basketbuddy101

Alright, just got back from work. I'm going to be working on the project for the rest of the night. I'll likely have the vehicle rendering and Hamilton scene done. I can also take a crack at descriptions for any of the musicals if needed.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
So, there's seven of us left. Let's split this into seven parts. I bolded what we still need people to do. @Snoopy I didn't see anything you volunteered for.

-Actually presenting it

-Intro/conclusion -@pionmycake

-Queue/facade @Magic Feather

-"I want" Song medley room or showstopper - @mickeyfan5534

-Comedy Medley (ft. Book of Mormom, Little Shop, etc)

-Horror Medley room (ft. Little Shop, Sweeney Todd, Phantom) - @DisneyManOne

-Love Showstopper room - @mickeyfan5534

-Rebellion Medley room (ft. Wicked, Les Mis, etc.) - @Pionmycake

-Hamilton showstopper - @Basketbuddy101

-Adventure medley room (ft. Brigadoom)
@kmbmw777 I know this was your idea originally, but I totally understand if you don't have time. Real life has to come first lol

-Lion King Show Stopper - @kmbmw777

-Spectacle/classics Medley room (ft. Grease, Oklahoma and showboat) - @DisneyManOne

-Grand finale showstopper scene of One Singular Sensation from Chorus Line. - @Magic Feather

Basketbuddy101

Updated vehicle. Gives the guide room to stand. Guide will be attached to a harness that is hard to see by guests. The vehicles won't move terribly fast, though, so we should be good from a safety/realism standpoint. I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not, but the vehicle is designed to look like a balcony seat section. Pretty clever if I do say so myself lol

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Reblion Medley Room

As we are leaving the Love Room, the intern exclaims, "I get it! I think I finally get it! The theater is about emotion! Love, fear, joy! It is a celebration and exploration of the emotions that make us human! That's what theater is!"

"It's even more than that." Another voice says. A person dressed as Alexander Hamilton from Hamilton steps out and walks along with the vehicles. "Its about freedom, expression, being true to who you are inside and what you truly believe. Theater is rebellion."

As he is talking the surroundings transition to become the Wizard's palace in Emerald City from Wicked as the music starts to rise. An animatronic Elphaba on the left side of the track sings to us an excerpt from defying gravity as Hamilton walks through as an observer and discreetly crosses a bridge to the other side of the tracks while we focus on Elphaba.

Rebellion Medley Pt. 1 Defying Gravity
wicked-defying-gravity-small.gif

" I'm through accepting limits
'cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try, I'll never know!
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost!
I'd sooner buy
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down
"

Hamilton talks again as we pass from Oz to France and by the barricade from Les Mis and the music transitions to the next song as multiple (mostly pretty simple) animatronics sing the rousing song after Hamilton says, "It is seeing what is wrong and unjust and fighting back through art and expression."

Rebellion Medley Pt. 2 Can You hear the People Sing
images

" Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the songs of angry men?
It is the music of the people
Who will not be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes!

Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Somewhere beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?"

Hamilton then walks to take center stage as we enter the big Show Stopper scene for Hamilton. "Theater is the place for anyone to Rise Up. It is a place where even orphan immigrants can make a difference. It is the place for revolution! And I am not throwing away my shot."

@Basketbuddy101 I wrote this hoping it could transition to your Hamilton scene pretty easily. Feel free to rewrite my ending a bit.

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Updated vehicle. Gives the guide room to stand. Guide will be attached to a harness that is hard to see by guests. The vehicles won't move terribly fast, though, so we should be good from a safety/realism standpoint. I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not, but the vehicle is designed to look like a balcony seat section. Pretty clever if I do say so myself lol

I love it! Great job!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Introduction

Theater is so much more than just song and dance. More than just a medium to tell stories. It is a touchstone of art and human expression. From Shakespeare to one man shows to the West End to original plays put on by 5 year olds for their parents. Theater is a part of being human. This ride is dedicated to one of the greatest outlets for theater: Broadway!

Taking inspiration from the Great Movie Ride. The Great Broadway Ride will feature a collection of some of Broadway's most amazing moments. A live host (as well as multiple live actors throughout the attractiom) will help the ride to come alive.

Our guide will be an intern at the new theater. We are audience members and he/she is welcoming us to the first performance in the new Webber Theater, but she/he doesn't quite get what the big deal about theater is (it's just a job for him/her). Well, she/he gets swept away on a magical tour through the wonders of Broadway and we are along for the ride! Together we all learn what the theater truly is and what makes it so important!

Ok. I was able to write a quick intro for our ride.

Last edited:

Basketbuddy101

Introduction

Theater is so much more than just song and dance. More than just medium to tell stories. It is a touchstone of art and human expression. From Shakespeare to one man shows to the West End to original plays put on by 5 year olds for their parents. Theater is a part of being human. This ride is dedicated to one of the greatest outlets for theater: Broadway!

Taking inspiration from the Great Movie Ride. The Great Broadway Ride will feature a collection of some of Broadway's most amazing moments. A live host (as well as multiple live actors throughout the attractiom) will help the ride to come alive.

Our guide will be an intern at the new theater. We are audience members and he is welcoming us to the first performance in the new Webber Theater, but he doesn't quite get what the big deal about theater is (it's just a job for him). Well, he gets swept away on a magical tour through the wonders of Broadway and we are along for the ride! Together we all learn what the theater truly is and what makes it so important!

Ok. I was able to write a quick intro for our ride.
Nice. I can take care of the closing/outro as well.

mickeyfan5534

Love
Our guide leads us into a large, empty showstopper room with a large platform in the middle. Our vehicle stops and Belle and her Prince (used here to avoid the extensive make up required for the Beast) are lit from the center. They talk with the host about the great love stories of Broadway, our vehicle turning to a lit set with AAs of Laurie and Curly singing "People Will Think We're in Love." As the lights darken, they continue, beginning to talk about the forbidden romance of a waitress and a doctor as lights come up on Dr. Pomatter and Jenna sing "You Matter to Me." They then talk of love lost as lights come up on Collins singing "I'll Cover You" in front of Angel's casket, and two people falling back in love as lights come up on the Baker and his Wife sing "It Takes Two" in a wood. Belle and the Prince talk about how love can come upon us at first sight, as Cinderella and Prince Topher sing "Ten Minutes Ago" in a ballroom, or how you won't realize it until a moment, as Seymour and Audrey sing "Suddenly Seymour" on a city balcony. The host asks about their story and Belle says that love is found in the most unexpected places, as they dance to "Beauty and the Beast" and our vehicles depart to the sound of a choir singing the final notes of the song.

Basketbuddy101

The vehicle continues into the dwelling place of revolutionary, manumission abolitions. At first, the stage is in complete darkness, save for the left corner near the stairs, where a spotlight is shining on none other than Aaron Burr, who is presented in full animatronic form. Three other vehicles then enter the scene. The vehicles align themselves in an arch shape around Aaron Burr, who looks into the distance, pondering. He looks away toward the center of the stage. Our guide proceeds to talk to the animatronic. "Pardon me, are you Aaron Burr, sir?" our guide asks, chuckling. A disembodied voice exclaims, "Well if it ain't the prodigy of Princeton College!" Another voice says "Aaron Burr! Give us a verse, drop some knowledge." Burr shakes his head and laughs. "Good luck with that, you're taking a stand. You spit, I'ma sit, we'll see where we land." The same disembodied voice exclaims "Burr, the revolution's imminent. What do you stall for?" at which point the spotlight shifts to Alexander Hamilton, who is standing at the center of the stage. "If you stand for nothing Burr, what'll you fall for?" He asks. Suddenly, three spotlights shine in sequence on John Laurens, Hercules Mulligan, and Marquis de Lafayette, who inquire "Who are you?"

The vehicles split up and begin to circle around the four characters, who are capable of such motions as bobbing their heads, bending their knees to the music, and syncing their lips to the music itself, forming realistic mouth movements. For the entirety of the sequence, the vehicles will spin around the stage, much like the characters in the actual production do. Naturally, the animatronics will remain stationary, but given their fluid movements, and the fact that guests will be spinning around the entire stage, the entire 'My Shot' sequence will be one of the more memorable segments in the entire attraction. After the gang finishes the song, complete with Hamilton raising his hand into the air, the lights will go out, and the vehicles will, one by one, begin to make their way out of the scene via a gap in the back wall behind Hamilton, Laurens, Lafayette, and Mulligan. As the vehicles proceed through the backdoor, they will find that King George himself is standing on one of the wooden staircases nearby, his kingly outfit sparkling even in the dim conditions of the . "You'll be back…dah dah dah dat dah, dah dah dah dah day ah dah, dah dah dah dah dahhhhya dahhhh."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom