Team Goelz, Project Ten - Brainstorming Thread

kmbmw777

I think Brigadoon can be cut from the list. I made a lion king scene and I can do a song from Camelot to replace it if you like. Camelot much better fits the theme of Adventure.

Magic Feather

PreS: I Can't post, but here is the queue/façade and expect the One part up later.

The Great Broadway Ride!
image.jpeg

Guests will first enter the showbuilding covered by the façade of the Palace theater, which is proudly displaying the marquee of "The Great Broadway Ride: A Brilliant Journey through the Stage", where "West Side Story" is displayed in the sample image above. Upon entry, guests will find themselves in a marvelous foyer with 24 ft tall ceilings, where a magnificent chandelier hangs down, before proceeding past the main theater entrance, behind the concession stand, into the backstage corridors.
While wandering through this seemingly endless labrynith of gray walls and black doors, guests will see some very interesting things. On doors labeled "Star Dressing Room", guests can hear the stars themselves feuding with managers over the phone. When passing by the electrical room, guests may hear the haphazard wiring of props, that can create some startled reactions as portrayed by electrical voices.
Upon cutting through the prop department, holding some iconic props, such as puppets from the Lion King, and the costuming department with wigs and outfits, such as Tracy from Hairspray's Wig or The Phantom's mask, guests will find themselves (via the box office) in the main lobby where they started, where they will enter the main theater. Here, guests will find elaborately placed LPS vehicles, designed to look like rows of seats, where they will be swept behind the main stages curtain into the adventure of a lifetime!

mickeyfan5534

Love
Our guide leads us into a large, empty showstopper room with a large platform in the middle. Our vehicle stops and Belle and her Prince (used here to avoid the extensive make up required for the Beast) are lit from the center. They talk with the host about the great love stories of Broadway, our vehicle turning to a lit set with AAs of Laurie and Curly singing "People Will Think We're in Love." As the lights darken, they continue, beginning to talk about the forbidden romance of a waitress and a doctor as lights come up on Dr. Pomatter and Jenna sing "You Matter to Me." They then talk of love lost as lights come up on Collins singing "I'll Cover You" in front of Angel's casket, and two people falling back in love as lights come up on the Baker and his Wife sing "It Takes Two" in a wood. Belle and the Prince talk about how love can come upon us at first sight, as Cinderella and Prince Topher sing "Ten Minutes Ago" in a ballroom, or how you won't realize it until a moment, as Seymour and Audrey sing "Suddenly Seymour" on a city balcony. The host asks about their story and Belle says that love is found in the most unexpected places, as they dance to "Beauty and the Beast" and our vehicles depart to the sound of a choir singing the final notes of the song.
I'd just like to point out this is not my final turn in and is more of an outline for me. I'll also be able to do a short "I Want" Medley room

mickeyfan5534

I Want Medley Room
As we begin our journey, our host states: "But what is this theatre nonsense even about? It's just a bunch of people singing and dancing." The host's thoughts are interrupted by a scoff and Eliza Doolittle shows up before our eyes. "It's not jus' some singin' and dancin'! Theata's about findin' dreams! Makin' the ones who lurve ya proud!" she yells as we journey into the home of a street rat.
Part 1: Aladdin (Proud of Your Boy)
latest

Tell me that I've been a louse and a loafer
You won't get a fight here no ma'am
Say I'm a goldbrick, a goof off, no good
That couldn't be all that I am
Water flows under the bridge, let it pass, let it flow
There's no good reason that you should believe me
Not yet, I know but
Someday and soon
I'll make you proud of your boy
Though I can't make myself taller
Or smarter or handsome or wise
I'll do my best, what else can I do ?
Since I wasn't born perfect like Dad or you
Mom, I will try to
Try hard to make you
Proud of your boy
Eliza appears again, "An' wouldn't ya know it? Dreams always come true. We jus' need to put a little effor' inta them. Then we'll fin' our corna of the sky!" We then find ourself in a dark room with a single spotlight on Pippin.
Part 2: Pippin (Corner of the Sky)
54ae0b417eddb_-_elle-pippin-corner-of-the-sky-de.jpg

Everything has its season
Everything has its time
Show me a reason and I'll soon show you a rhyme
Cats fit on the windowsill
Children fit in the snow
Why do I feel I don't fit in anywhere I go?
Rivers belong where they can ramble
Eagles belong where they can fly
I've got to be where my spirit can run free
Got to find my corner of the sky
Eliza appears once more, holding a bouquet of flowers. "Got it? Now, off ya go! Ya gotta see more o' this!" She waves at us as our host looks at us in befuddlement. "What just happened?" they ask, as we continue deeper into the theatre. "Things seem kind of funny here."

I put in a half decent transition into comedy. If no one takes comedy, replace it with "scary" for the horror medley.

Snoopy

Sorry for the holdup guys, something came up and I've been away from my computer. My part (comedy) will be up by 11:30 at the latest.

Snoopy

Comedy Medley Room

"Excuse me, sir!" says a voice coming from the side. "Who, me?" replies our guide. "Yes, you!" Elder Price from The Book of Mormon pops out. "I hear you've been having some trouble adapting to the musical theater life. Well, I'll have you know there's a lot more to it than you believe. Musicals have the power to move you, to change your life! For example, my musical is about the joy of spiritual awakenings... are you familiar with the Book of Mormon?" "Um..." Price begins to sing.

You all know the Bible
Is made of Testaments old and new.
You've been told it's just those two parts,
Or only one, if you're a Jew.
But what if I were to tell you
There's a FRESH third part out there?
That was found by a HIP new prophet
Who had a little...
Donny Osmond flair?

"Well that's great sir, but we must be going." says our guide. Price continues.

Have you heard of the
All-American Prophet?
The blonde-haired,
Blue-eyed voice of God!
He didn't come from the Middle East
Like those other holy men!
No, God's favorite prophet was...
All-American!

"Don't listen to that charlatan. All-American Prophet, indeed!" The vehicle moves forward and Max Bialystok from The Producers steps out. "Musicals are about change, all right! Wonderful, glorious change, pouring out from paying customer's pockets! Fortune, fame, that's how you turn your life around, that's how you make things better. You just need the right scheme: the worst director, the worst script, the worst actors, I'm telling you gaming the system is easy! What do you say?" "Well, I don't know..." Max begins to sing.

TheProducers28.jpg

Oh ye of little faith.
What did Lewis say to Clark
When everything looked bleak?
What did Sir Edmund say to Tenzing
As they struggled toward Everest's peak?
What did Washington say to his troops
As they crossed the Delaware
I'm sure you're well aware...

"Um..."

We can do it, we can do it
We can do it, me and you
We can make our dreams come true
Hi, producer: yes, producer
I mean you, sir, go beserk!
And I know it's gonna work

"I'll have to turn you down there, sorry." "Good for you." says another voice, as the vehicle continues on. "Fame isn't always a good thing." Our vehicle appears to be entering a building, and it is in fact the Little Shop of Horrors. The man speaking is revealed to be Seymour, sitting next to Audrey II. "I didn't always think that way, though." He starts reminiscing...

3be137644f6f7987a2b8331c020ee223.jpg

Sudden changes surround me
Lady luck came and found me
Thanks a million for making the magic you do

Thanks to you, sweet petunia
Mushnik's taken a junior
And someday when I own this whole shop
I'll remember I owe it to you

"Of course that all changed, and sometimes it's not for the better. But through my musical I can hopefully help convey that..." Just then Audrey II begins to sing.

Audrey II: Feed me!
Seymour: Does it have to be human?
Seymour: Does it have to be mine?
Seymour: Where am I supposed to get it?
Audrey II: Feed me, Seymour
Feed me all night long
That's right, boy!
You can do it
Feed me, Seymour
Feed me all night long [laugh]
'Cause if you feed me Seymour
I can grow up big and strong

"I don't have that much more blood to give, Audrey!" They suddenly turn to the audience.

Both: If you want a rationale
It isn't very hard to see, no, no, no
Stop and think it over pal
Those guys sure look like plant food to me
Those guys sure look like plant food to me
Those guys sure look like plant food to me...

"I don't like where this is heading." says our guide, as we make our way into the horror medley.

Last edited:

mickeyfan5534

I've decided that the format of romance is better suited to a medley room (to fit the comedy/horror format) with a Disney on Broadway showstopper instead (Lion King aside). If this needs to be edited for content or size reasons, please do tell me.
Romance Medley Room
belle+and+prince+musical.jpg

Our host looks around in fear as we arrive in a dark room. "What's going on?" they scream as a spotlight shines on Belle and the Prince. "There's no need to worry!" Belle calls to our guide. "Broadway is more about comedy and horror. The greatest love stories ever told have been told on the stage as well," the Prince says. "Even from the start," they say at the same time.
Part 1: Oklahoma
maxresdefault.jpg

Curley:
Heeey! If there's anyone out around this yard who can hear my voice
I want jist want fer you to know that Laurey Williams is my girl!
Laurey:
Curly!
Curley:
Aha!
An' she's jist got me to ask her to marry me!
Laurey:
They'll hear us all the way to Catoosie!
Curley:
Let people say we're say we're in love!
Who keers whut happens now.
Laurey:
Jist keep yer hand in mine
Your hand feel so grand in mine
Curley:
Let people say we're in love.
Laurey and Curley:
Starlight looks swell on us
Let the stars beam from above!
Who keers if they tell on us!
Let people say we're in love!

Part 2: Waitress
"Well that's all fine and dandy," the host responds. "But ew. Is it all really that sappy?" The Prince lets out a laugh and shakes his head. "Just watch. Love can be just as real as true life."
maxresdefault.jpg

Dr. Pomatter:
I could find the whole meaning of life in those sad eyes
They've seen things that you never quite say but I hear
Come out of hiding I'm right here beside you
And I'll stay there as long as you let me
Because you matter to me
Simple and plain and not much to ask from somebody
You matter to me
I promise you do, you
You matter too
I promise you do you'll see
You matter to me
Jenna:
It's addictive the minute you let yourself think
The things that I say just might matter to someone
All of this time I've been keeping my mind on the running away
And for the first time I think I'd consider the stay
Because you matter to me
Simple and plain and not much to ask from somebody
You matter to me
I promise you do, you
You matter too
I promise you do you'll see
You matter to me

Part 3: Rent
"But it isn't always happy," Belle states. "What do you mean?" the host asks. "Sometimes love doesn't always go as we plan. And sometimes, that can lead to such sadness," Belle responds
hqdefault.jpg

Collins:
Live in my house, I'll be your shelter
Just pay me back
With one thousand kisses
Be my lover and I'll cover you, yeah
Open your door, I'll be your tenant
Don't got much baggage, to lay at your feet
But sweet kisses, I've got to spare
I'll be there and I'll cover you, Oh woah
I think they meant it
When they said you can't buy love
Now I know you can rent it
A new lease you are my love
One life, all my life
I've longed to discover
Something as true as this is, Yeah
So with a thousand sweet kisses
If you're cold and you're lonely
With a thousand sweet kisses
You've got one nickel only
When you're worn out and tired
When your heart has expired
Oh lover, I'll cover you.

Part 4: Cinderella
The host slightly sobs, before clearing their throat. "What else?" they ask. "How does this get worse?" they ask. Belle shakes her head. "The romance isn't always sad," she states. "Indeed, sometimes we can see the story of two falling in love at first sight."
Cinderella6601.jpg

Cinderella:
Ten minutes ago I met you,
And we murmured our "how-do-you-do's"!
I wanted to ring out the bells,
And fling out my arms,
And to sing out the news!
The Prince:
I have found her!
Cinderella:
I have found him!
The Prince and Cinderella:
In the arms of my love I'm flying
Over mountain and meadow and glen,
And I like it so well that for all I can tell
I may never come down again!
I may never come down to earth again!
Part 5: Into the Woods
"So romance in Broadway can be happy or sad? Real or sappy?" the host asks, as Belle smiles. "Indeed. And it can even be found just as you think you've lost it."
hqdefault.jpg

The Baker and the Baker's Wife:
We've changed.
We're strangers.
I'm meeting you in the woods.
Who minds
What dangers?
I know we'll get past the woods.
And once we're past,
Lets' hope the changes last
Beyond woods,
Beyond witches and slippers and hoods,
Just the two of us-
Beyond lies,
Safe at home with out beautiful prize,
Just the few of us.
It takes trust.
It takes just
A bit more
And we're done.
We want four,
We had none.
We've got three.
We need one.
It takes two.
Part 6: Little Shop of Horrors
"Or," the prince adds. "Romance can happen with a sudden realization after a long time."

Seymour:
Tell me this feeling
Lasts til forever
Tell me the bad times
are clean, washed away
Audrey:
Please understand that it's
Still strange and frightenin'
For losers like i've been
It's so hard to say...
Suddenly Seymour
Seymour:
Suddenly Seymour
Audrey:
He purified me
Seymour:
(He purified you)
Audrey:
Suddenly Seymour
Seymour:
Suddenly Seymour
Audrey:
Showed me I can
Seymour:
Yes you can!
Audrey and Seymour:
Learn how to be more
Audrey:
The girl that's inside me
Seymour:
With sweet understanding
Audrey:
With sweet understanding
Seymour and Audrey:
Sweet understanding
Seymour's my (your) man!

The host looks amazed with these couples. "But what else? What other romance can be found on Broadway?" The Prince responds by pointing to the next room. "Let us show you! There's real magic to be found on Broadway"

Disney on Broadway Showstopper
"Magic is found every night on Broadway," the voice of the Prince says as a flying carpet drops down. "You can even go on a magic carpet ride."
28450-0.jpg

Jasmine:
Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feeling
Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond sky
A whole new world
Both:
(Aladdin) Don't you dare close your eyes
(Jasmine) A hundred thousand things to see
(Aladdin) Hold your breath - it gets better
(Jasmine) I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be
(Aladdin) A whole new world
(Jasmine) Every turn a surprise
(Aladdin) With new horizons to pursue
(Jasmine) Every moment red-letter
I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this whole new world with you

"Or find that you don't need to speak to fall in love," Belle's voice as lights come up on animatronics Ariel and Eric.
hqdefault.jpg

Prince Eric:
A dance is like a conversation
Except your lips don't ever need to part
And once you've begun
You speak as one
Cheek to cheek
Toe to toe
Heart to heart
Dancing is a language that is felt instead of heard
But it says much more than language ever could
And ev'ry little step
Ev'ry single step
Is one step closer...
To being understood

"And, the magic can be bittersweet and strange as we find that even a monster can find love," the Prince says as lights come up on him and Belle.
maxresdefault.jpg

Belle/Prince:
Two lives have begun now
Two hearts become one now
One passion, one dream
One thing forever true
I love you!
Choir:
Certain as the sun
Rising in the east
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast.
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast.
Ah!
"So you see? Magic truly can be found on Broadway," Belle says as they wave to the vehicles departing. "I get it! I think I finally get it! The theater is about emotion! Love, fear, joy! It is a celebration and exploration of the emotions that make us human! It's about a celebration of happiness and magic! That's what theater is!"

Magic Feather

One!
Upon entering the final room, guests will be surrounded by a single velvet curtain, as our intern says, "Wow! Who knew the theater meant so much!"
<a bell rings>
"Oh! That's my queue!"
Our guide disappears behind a curtain as the curtain rises to surround us with animatronic forms of some of the characters we have encountered ,dressed in gold. as they begin singing "One" from a Chorus line. Our guide soon appears from behind one of the mirrors serving as a backdrop as he/ she is referenced as the one. Mirrors surround all walks to give the effect of many more animatronics than there are. After a second chorus, our guide rejoins our vehicle, before the curtain falls, as the guides outfit serves as our only reminder of the spectacle that just occurred. We then re-enter the original theater we loaded in, as our guide disappears through a backstage door, after wishing us a fond farewell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom