Tarzan Rocks to be replaced by a Finding Nemo show?

no2apprentice

What I don't understand, is it's not even a musical.

Okay, there is that one part..."Keep on swimming, keep on swimming, swimming, swimming..."

But 20 minutes of that?

Ducky_Love

Some of you might remember I said I had heard about an "Avenue Q" sort of show.. with actors singing for puppets. This is *exactly* what I heard.. a Nemo show in the old Tarzan theater with actors holding puppets and singing for them. The rumor is starting to sound more reputable.

Hmmm.. :lookaroun

wannabeBelle

I so dont even get this. Nemo?? I mean he is cool and all but GEEZ!!!!!!!!! Leave Nemo in the Living Seas and come up with a really good tie in for a stage show in AK. I loved Tarzan Rocks but if it has completed its run and will be replaced with something really cool, grand. But to replace it with Nemo?? I echo many of the people here in a big ole WHA????????? Belle

Pioneer Hall

If this happens, you can see Nemo becoming the new Stitch. Take a popular character and make him something that no one wants to see anymore. Can't wait for the nemo spiel on the monorail.

stitchlvr

BRER STITCH said:
TARZAN MEETS DORY....

"Just keep swinging, swinging, swinging! Just keep swinging!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :eek: :lookaroun

This thread was just the bit of humor I needed. I was in a crabby mood until now.

Of course, now I have the "just keep swimming" song running through my head...maybe I was better off being crabby... :lookaroun

stitchlvr

I like the idea of a Nemo stageshow, but this doesn't seem to be the place for it. But then again, Tarzan didn't really fit there either.

The rumored Austraila land would be cool, and Nemo would be a great fit there. Does anyone have an aerial view of AK? Any chance there is "unused" space near the Tarzan theater that could be made into Austraila?

I never got to see Tarzan Rocks. It was closed on our first visit (Rosie ODonnell was taping her TV show in that theater while we were there), and on our second trip, it was either FotLK or Tarzan, because of scheduling conflicts and we chose FotLK. But of the 3 stage shows at AK, I would think that Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends should have been the one to go. And I can say that even without having seen Tarzan!

SirGoofy

stitchlvr said:
I never got to see Tarzan Rocks. It was closed on our first visit (Rosie ODonnell was taping her TV show in that theater while we were there), and on our second trip, it was either FotLK or Tarzan, because of scheduling conflicts and we chose FotLK.

Good choice. I think FoTLK is the best show on property.

disneyplanet

DisneyJoey said:
Nemo here AND in Epcot? Let's not force-feed us with too much Nemo or anything. This is asking a little too much, imo. :cry:

hay for awhile you had lion king at three parks so it is possible

MK - lion king show < where philermagic is)
epcot - living with land lion king
AK - festival of the lion king

for a while it seemed you see lion king everyware (Disneys Lion King World Resort).
so Disney has over done it before.

But I though it be a stitch show myself (hahaha)....

stitchlvr

We saw FofLK on our first visit and knew we had to see it again. It is my favorite stage show! And my daughter was temporarily in a wheelchair at the time, which gave us great seats and we got to enter before the crowds, even though we arrived 5 min before the show started! Thank you, DD for breaking your foot :lol:

I don't know if Lion King was overkill...I felt each of the 3 Lion King offerings were so different, it was ok. I loved the Legend of the Lion King show and I was really disappointed that it was closed, but Philharmagic made me forget all about the lion king show.

Speaking of Philharmagic...maybe the Nemo show won't be a "show" but a 3D experience. Although AK already has ITTBAB...I could see that working better than a stage show or puppet type show.

Lynx04

aaaahhhhh man, and I was really hoping for a Buzz lightyear show being right there. What screams out animal conservation, disnosaur, and Asia better then Buzz lightyear.

DonaldDoleWhip

It's a lie! IT'S A LIE!!!

*sighs*

It's a rumor, not a lie...

What a ridiculous idea! Nemo having a stage show (with puppets) in between lands about American dinosaurs and Asia is just plain dumb. In addition, Australia should be made into a land, where Nemo actually belongs.

Think about it: The Outback, Great Barrier Reef, a chance to showcase marsupials; AK needs an Australia!

ntoeman

A Nemo stage show could work really well in the "animal" kingdom, perhaps in a water/fish type of themed area, but I don't think that it would fit so well where Tarzan was.

no2apprentice

Put in a dark ride themed to something like "King Solomon's Mines," where Tarzan was, build a land for Australia, and put a Nemo show in Australia.

Goofette

DMC-12 said:
Eh,... if it goes.. it goes... change is good... (anything breathing new life into AK is good).

Cause... Tarzan... does NOT, in fact, "Rock"... not even the slightest bit anymore. :lol:

I've gotta agree with you on that. I wonder how they'll do a Nemo show though. I can't even imagine anything except for the little mermaid show, the way it's done, and I'm sure they won't do that. This is gonna be interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom