Tarzan Rocks to be replaced by a Finding Nemo show?

Goofette

wannabeBelle said:
I so dont even get this. Nemo?? I mean he is cool and all but GEEZ!!!!!!!!! Leave Nemo in the Living Seas and come up with a really good tie in for a stage show in AK. I loved Tarzan Rocks but if it has completed its run and will be replaced with something really cool, grand. But to replace it with Nemo?? I echo many of the people here in a big ole WHA????????? Belle

I was thinking Nemo was in the Living Seas now. I haven't been back since then. Is it any good?

It seems like that's what Disney would want to do, keep the focus of Nemo at the Living Seas. I'm trying to think of all the Disney movies and characters, wondering what would go good with the theme there. Like I said before, this is gonna be interesting to see what they do.

Captain Hank

Ignoring the fact that this doesn't fit the area thematically at all (though none of the shows in the theater really have), WDI did an outstanding job with dry underwater effects in the Little Mermaid show in Tokyo Disney Seas. This style of show would require a huge modification to the theater, but it could be pulled off pretty well.

dxwwf3

no2apprentice said:
What I don't understand, is it's not even a musical.

Okay, there is that one part..."Keep on swimming, keep on swimming, swimming, swimming..."

But 20 minutes of that?

I was thinking the same thing. A Finding Nemo stage show? I guess you can make a stage show of a movie without music, but I don't know how good it would be.

Of all recent Disney films, Finding Nemo seems to be a very odd choice of a stage show. But whatever, I've never been a fan of Tarzan Rocks.

And, of course, it's all a rumor right now.

barnum42

A nemo show shounds like the sort of cost cutting excercise the suits would love.

Instead of paying for a live band, singers and dancers they can put on a show with half a dozen $6.50 an hour character performers and a click track. :rolleyes:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
barnum42 said:
A nemo show shounds like the sort of cost cutting excercise the suits would love.

Instead of paying for a live band, singers and dancers they can put on a show with half a dozen $6.50 an hour character performers and a click track. :rolleyes:

Let's not jump to conclusions. We have no information yet on the makeup of the show, and it isnt officially confirmed yet. I can think of a lot of scenrios where a Nemo show could cost considerably more than a live band with singers and dancers. It would all depend on which option was taken.

As can be seen by Everest and Lucky, Animal Kingdom is not operating on a cust-cutting regime recently.

Kin

The simple idea of a NEMO show is plain ridiculous! How canyou make a show out of this movie? No music, no catchy songs! I would not sit in a theatre and watch two puppets go across the ocean without any music or songs... That looks just boring to me!

barnum42

wdwmagic said:
Let's not jump to conclusions.
I know it's just a rumour, but given the replacement shows for Hunchback and Diamond Horseshoe, plus the replacement of a live band in the Castle show it does lead one to assume that whatever they put in there will use a click track. One of the unique things about Tarzan was it's being the last park show that was all live.

crazycalf

To everyone who keeps saying there are no songs in Finding Nemo.
Did you ever think that they could write songs for a stage show?
Why does every stage show have to be an shortened copy of a movie?

barnum42

crazycalf said:
Why does every stage show have to be an shortened copy of a movie?
This is one of the good things about Tarzan Rocks and Festival of the Lion King - neither is a Readers Digest version of the movie :D

KevinPage

Wow, talk about B&M'ing. We barely know anything about it and everyone is getting their panties in a bind. :rolleyes:

Let's remember people, Nemo was HUGELY popular and currently they don't have much of Nemo on property. Yeah you have a few displays and a Crush show at TLS, but that's it. A Nemo stage show would be exactly what families would want. I'm sure kids want to see NEMO.

They are supposedly enclosing the theatre like FOTLK and maybe they could do something along the lines of Voyage of the Little Mermaid, where people are dressed in black and the puppets are on their hands.

A Jungle Book show already failed so there's no chance in that coming back. I'd rather they use Jungle Book for a dark ride idea (if there is ever a chance of that, who knows).

It does seem to be a weird fit. Tarzan didn't fit, but at least it was animal/wilderness related. Not sure how they will tie in the Nemo story, but I'm willing to give it a chance before committing hari kari.

Could it be a new story and not just a retelling of the movie? Could Mr. Ray's class find some old dinosaur bones in the ocean floor? I don't know but they CAN make it work if they wanted to.

So calm down before I have to start cracking skulls. :p

WDWEric

I agree with Kevin...we hear about something RUMORED to be built , and you people already don't like it? as far as it not "fitting in" does all of Disney's shows fit in their respective area's? FOTLK does not, how about Beauty and the Beast? I think it is a great idea and can't wait to see what they come up with. Tarzan as not in Dinoland, it was near dinoland but was in the theatre in the wild (or something like that) I love fish and aquariums so I can only hope Disney b rings in some of those at "Animal" Kingdom!

crazycalf

Any show will be better than what replaced Doug Live. :rolleyes:

That area has been empty for like 5 years, for anyone who dosn't remember.

Christina

Tarzan Rocks really was an awful show that made me roll my eyes and chew on my hair everytime I saw it...

But Nemo is just too cute, and Turtle Talk was adorable... I think a little Nemo in AK would be fantastic... mind you not in Asia. It makes no sense... but I'm sure the imagineers will work it out...if it even will happen.

I talked to one of my sources and he told me that this is indeed going to be happening. A possible name of Nemos Great Escape.

I acutally have no sources. I dont think this will fit in well at all. Its a nice gesture but animal kingdom doesnt sound like a place an animated clown fish would want to be. Thats my personal thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom