TAFI Town Hall

LittleGiants16

All,

I'd like to alert everyone that I'm stepping down as Guide of the Conversationalists effective immediately. This evening, there have been some serious concerns voiced, and I feel that they are, to some degree, valid. As such, I simply do not feel that I am the right voice to lead the body going forward. It seems that the visions and goals I have for the Conversationalists and this board as a whole are different than those shared by the majority of the group.

To the Conversationalists, I would like to thank all of you for the hard work they've put in over the past six months. If I have hurt any feelings in the past, I hope we can work together in the future to mend these bridges. I will close by saying that I have tried, over the past six months, to put this the general board first in the positions I have advocated and the decisions I have made. I sincerely hope this was apparent to all of you.

To the general board, I want to thank you for the patience and faith you all placed in the body I was fortunate enough to lead. They truly are a great group of individuals, and will continue to take this board to new and glorious heights.

Again, thank you all for your friendship. I will miss working with and for all of you, but it's time for a change.

-LG

englanddg

One Little Spark...
"I would like to announce that as of today, there are no scheduled competitions. There will be no scheduling for future competitions. SA is called off because half the people want to participate.

The people running the TAFI threads now are:

@JokersWild
@Matt7187
@RMichael21
@Sam4D23
@spacemt354
@RMichael21
@Voxel

You didn't elect them (well, you did some of them, but they seem to have forgotten that), but If you have any questions about what will happen through the rest of the year, as well as future scheduling, you may address them.

Thank you.

(to that group, which I may note 4 of which are CURRENTLY on the ELECTED Conversationalists who decided that @LittleGiants should play secretary to help hone down what next years schedule should be, but somehow decided that it was a bad idea, but didn't take it to the group at large, even though I can post where you said "hey, that's a good idea" quotes to effect...well, they would like it to be all out in the open. So here we are. You all have fun.)

Our goal was to have a political free year, where we had elected members who were active run through the year and help keep things moving for a nice send off at the end (as we had last year) and a smooth next year that allowed for new people to join and post competitions.

But, they think that is "back door" (even though the elections were public, the results of conversations have been made public, and really not much else has happened).

It's an organizational body, and some have come to view it as a governing one. And I suspect many on that list I tagged are among them.

So, let them speak up, in a public forum, with what they propose we do as a community for this year, now that they have derailed a comp (again with no suggestions, just frustrations).

I'm curious to hear."

Vox posted it, as I was sitting on it and told him such, not as a threat, but because it's coming to this.

And yes, I was ready to post it, so here it is. None of the context is there, and there is a TON of context, but those who are tagged may speak for themselves before the community (as they haven't done so even though they claim to do so, they conspired amongst themselves, about a group that quite a few of them were a part of who was just trying to organize the forums to make them better for everyone).

They won.

So, now it's all out in the open, the "dirty laundry" if you will.

So, lets stop with the PMs. If you have a concern, voice it here.

JokersWild

"I would like to announce that as of today, there are no scheduled competitions. There will be no scheduling for future competitions. SA is called off because half the people want to participate.

The people running the TAFI threads now are:

@JokersWild
@Matt7187
@RMichael21
@Sam4D23
@spacemt354
@RMichael21
@Voxel

You didn't elect them (well, you did some of them, but they seem to have forgotten that), but If you have any questions about what will happen through the rest of the year, as well as future scheduling, you may address them.

Thank you.

(to that group, which I may note 4 of which are CURRENTLY on the ELECTED Conversationalists who decided that @LittleGiants should play secretary to help hone down what next years schedule should be, but somehow decided that it was a bad idea, but didn't take it to the group at large, even though I can post where you said "hey, that's a good idea" quotes to effect...well, they would like it to be all out in the open. So here we are. You all have fun.)

Our goal was to have a political free year, where we had elected members who were active run through the year and help keep things moving for a nice send off at the end (as we had last year) and a smooth next year that allowed for new people to join and post competitions.

But, they think that is "back door" (even though the elections were public, the results of conversations have been made public, and really not much else has happened).

It's an organizational body, and some have come to view it as a governing one. And I suspect many on that list I tagged are among them.

So, let them speak up, in a public forum, with what they propose we do as a community for this year, now that they have derailed a comp (again with no suggestions, just frustrations).

I'm curious to hear."

Vox posted it, as I was sitting on it and told him such, not as a threat, but because it's coming to this.

And yes, I was ready to post it, so here it is. None of the context is there, and there is a TON of context, but those who are tagged may speak for themselves before the community (as they haven't done so even though they claim to do so, they conspired amongst themselves, about a group that quite a few of them were a part of who was just trying to organize the forums to make them better for everyone).

They won.

So, now it's all out in the open, the "dirty laundry" if you will.

So, lets stop with the PMs. If you have a concern, voice it here.
None of this is true, actually. Seems as though the oldest of our peers is also the most childish.

Sam Magic

GUYS STOP.

Look, I was going to wait until a video to go off but I'm going off now. We are quite literally ripping this forum apart and I have seen what it can do and I don't want to see this again.

This was supposed to be a public discussion, this was supposed to be a peaceful and level headed debate. Now it has turned into a petty fight of he said she said. It needs to stop, and we need to have a proper debate on the future of this community. We had PM's to organize our thoughts and eliminate exactly what is happening. Not to hide or exclude, but to have a unified and calm voice.

Think of everything we have done together, all the fun and exciting moments where we became friends. The contests that resulted in fantastic submissions, and the countless threads that exposed our passions and interests. Now it seems we are throwing it all away, washing it down the drain, pretending it didn't mean anything. Well it meant something for me. This community showed me that with hard work, honesty, and care anything and I mean anything is possible. So lets all calm down and actually sit down and talk.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
GUYS STOP.

Look, I was going to wait until a video to go off but I'm going off now. We are quite literally ripping this forum apart and I have seen what it can do and I don't want to see this again.

This was supposed to be a public discussion, this was supposed to be a peaceful and level headed debate. Now it has turned into a petty fight of he said she said. It needs to stop, and we need to have a proper debate on the future of this community. We had PM's to organize our thoughts and eliminate exactly what is happening. Not to hide or exclude, but to have a unified and calm voice.
And THAT was the point of the Conversationalists, which people were members of and said...ahem...NOTHING...until now.

So, look to them.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
And, somehow, a PM about a comp that you all derailed...somehow became a critique about the forum as a whole?

I am flabbergasted and sidelined.

And, I've been honest in the PMs you guys included me in. I'm not in any way saying that your concerns are not valid.

What I am saying is that many of those complaining HAD A VOICE. Yet chose not to use it.

Personally, I wanted more often conversationlists elections because of this, but I was voted down. I wanted 6 month elections. But the same people who are griping now (note, 6 months in), also shot me down back in Nov/Dec when I suggested that.

So, I'd suggest, lets flip the script. Keep where we are, mass elections to start a new group, and move forward.

Sam Magic

And THAT was the point of the Conversationalists, which people were members of and said...ahem...NOTHING...until now.

So, look to them.
Englanddg, to be completely honest I think that this reaction was more a combined mix of feelings. Mixed feelings on the behalf of many. While I certatinly do not w

I was there last year when we all agreed to make this thread the main heart of the forum, but it hasn't become that. That is what we want is for this forum to, in a sense, go back to basics, and go back to community. At least that is what we know for sure we want.
And, somehow, a PM about a comp that you all derailed...somehow became a critique about the forum as a whole?

I am flabbergasted and sidelined.

And, I've been honest in the PMs you guys included me in. I'm not in any way saying that your concerns are not valid.

What I am saying is that many of those complaining HAD A VOICE. Yet chose not to use it.

Personally, I wanted more often conversationlists elections because of this, but I was voted down. I wanted 6 month elections. But the same people who are griping now (note, 6 months in), also shot me down back in Nov/Dec when I suggested that.

So, I'd suggest, lets flip the script. Keep where we are, mass elections to start a new group, and move forward.
That PM, turned to critique how next years contests would be selected, which then snowballed into this.

You know englanddg, that had I been in the Conversationalists I would have said something, I would have used my voice. I am disappointed that those who had a voice did not use it in the past, but they've spoken now and we can't really go back.

I personally would support a special election if the other members are okay with it.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Englanddg, to be completely honest I think that this reaction was more a combined mix of feelings. Mixed feelings on the behalf of many. While I certatinly do not w

I was there last year when we all agreed to make this thread the main heart of the forum, but it hasn't become that. That is what we want is for this forum to, in a sense, go back to basics, and go back to community. At least that is what we know for sure we want.

That PM, turned to critique how next years contests would be selected, which then snowballed into this.

You know englanddg, that had I been in the Conversationalists I would have said something, I would have used my voice. I am disappointed that those who had a voice did not use it in the past, but they've spoken now and we can't really go back.

I personally would support a special election if the other members are okay with it.
Sam,

I respect that response. Well put.

First, you know why (you even posted a whole apology thread) you were excluded. You were once included, and you can't include me in any group who derides you now. In fact, I can't think of a single member who I've spoken with who thinks you haven't matured and changed a lot in the last year from when you tried to conspire a coup.

Do I need to quote your own post admission where you said it and apologized? I suspect I do not.

Second, if the members of the group who are discontent, and yet have a voice, I ask...where was their voice? The thing they keep saying is "well, it was ignored". That is bollocks, and I can show with quotes from the PM (hence part of why Vox rage quit). They agreed, either through direct quotes or through inactivity or disinterest.

So, I would ask, if they are so interested now, what is the grand plan? What is the perfect solution?

If there is none, then there is no discussion to be had.

Remember, these same people didn't like the idea of a 6 month turnover for the conversationalists because it would complicate things...that was the majority vote at the time (one I didn't like for this EXACT reason, that as an online community people would come and go with importance and participation).

But, it was decided by an ELECTED body that it would be an annual thing, and we ran with that.

I'd look to your "representatives" (@Voxel (who I will note was still rather new then, having just only done SA Season 2), @JokersWild as part of the forum merger votes, @RMichael21) If they had these concerns, and knew you did, why did they not bring them up to the group at large?

JokersWild

Sam,

I respect that response. Well put.

First, you know why (you even posted a whole apology thread) you were excluded. You were once included, and you can't include me in any group who derides you now. In fact, I can't think of a single member who I've spoken with who thinks you haven't matured and changed a lot in the last year from when you tried to conspire a coup.

Do I need to quote your own post admission where you said it and apologized? I suspect I do not.

Second, if the members of the group who are discontent, and yet have a voice, I ask...where was their voice? The thing they keep saying is "well, it was ignored". That is bollocks, and I can show with quotes from the PM (hence part of why Vox rage quit). They agreed, either through direct quotes or through inactivity or disinterest.

So, I would ask, if they are so interested now, what is the grand plan? What is the perfect solution?

If there is none, then there is no discussion to be had.

Remember, these same people didn't like the idea of a 6 month turnover for the conversationalists because it would complicate things...that was the majority vote at the time (one I didn't like for this EXACT reason, that as an online community people would come and go with importance and participation).

But, it was decided by an ELECTED body that it would be an annual thing, and we ran with that.

I'd look to your "representatives" (@Voxel (who I will note was still rather new then, having just only done SA Season 2), @JokersWild as part of the forum merger votes, @RMichael21) If they had these concerns, and knew you did, why did they not bring them up to the group at large?
You do understand that we just found out that we all shared these concerns today, right? We've explained it countless times.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You do understand that we just found out that we all shared these concerns today, right? We've explained it countless times.
And yet not one of you spoke up in a forum designed to speak up? (that part is false because the thread JDM spoke about is more than a few hours old)

Not one of you discussed it before a few hours ago?

Not one of you thought, "hey, well, I have an equal voice in this equal body, so I'll say something"?

Not one? You just discovered it today? Within a few hours ago?

All these complex objections and ideas...all that came up...only a few hours ago?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As I said, the forum is yours. You guys run it. You tell us what your grand plan is that makes it all perfect (if you have one, I know you do not because you included me in those threads).

And yeah, I know that's the deathnail for me being included in your further planning, but for a group that is saying you want transparency, you seem to be awfully secretive.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
So, what is the next comp? Since your group has absolutely demolished SA and the vibe of the forums.

I suspect you all should answer at least that.

DSquared

Here's the deal. See, I'm not on any special board and look, I have a voice. This forum with the competitions is for fun and all I'm seeing is the words voice and election. Stop with the House of Cards political stuff and start being a community. How about we finish off the year how we would have it with points, and this weekend vote on a new group (MORE THAN 1 PERSON) to make next years schedule, then the forum votes on it.

And if Jdm issues amnesty for the people who dropped out, we resume. If not, that's up to him.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Here's the deal. See, I'm not on any special board and look, I have a voice. This forum with the competitions is for fun and all I'm seeing is the words voice and election. Stop with the House of Cards political stuff and start being a community. How about we finish off the year how we would have it with points, and this weekend vote on a new group (MORE THAN 1 PERSON) to make next years schedule, then the forum votes on it.

And if Jdm issues amnesty for the people who dropped out, we resume. If not, that's up to him.
That is an ignorant response.

Here's why.

1) You can't have a million voices and votes deciding everything, because then you decide nothing.
2) The point structure was set last year, and agreed upon by everyone last year, and to change that now is unfair to people who have been participating since last year, unlike you. It is however fair (as it was designed to be) for newcomers. Otherwise, you'd see me at the top (or others on the Conversationalists).
3) You always have had a voice, and could say it here, or anywhere, but you did not.
4) There is no "house of cards" (stop thinking you understand politics after watching some stupid netflix show, you don't and grow up). The Conversationalists, had you CHOSEN to do your research, which I'm not surprised you didn't, was an elected body, one that was shaken to its core when we had a merge in December with a forum that was closing down. But, of course you don't realize that, nor know that, because you are new. So, my advice, learn your community before trying to dictate what it should be.
5) The next year comp schedule was NEVER about ONE PERSON. It was about ONE PERSON organizing it all, and again, I'll note, there were others here who have decided to remain silent, who agreed upon that idea. And now look where it got us. So, tell us, what is your "better idea"? There are lots of people who want RATED comps, there are only a few slots. Think before you post.
6) You now want JDM, a person who took his personal time to host a comp...you all have RUINED that. You have RUINED the community, and yet you sit here with indignation and assume what high horse? You have the moral high ground against someone not paid to do this because why? What exactly is your point that you couldn't have made without a, for lack of a better term, general strike? And, what better ideas do you have? I have yet to see one...only complaints.

So, that said, DS, go to your corner, because if you really want to discuss this, I will shut you down before you can speak with logic.

To the rest, I ask you to think logically. SA is now ruined, because of you all.

How do we move forward? I'm ready to go, and I suspect Red and Zwei don't have time for this level of drama that YOU ALL have imposed.

So, who is left. That's you guys. Your show, as I said. You all run it. Show us (including the people you all embrace like Joker who were PART of all this) how it should be done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom