TAFI Town Hall

LittleGiants16

Well I wouldn't be embarrassed if it didn't get selected. What if I posted a draft in another thread just to get the general community's feedback and gauge their interest level? While still submitting the final proposal in a PM -- would a google doc be acceptable?
Space, I'm going to put my foot down on this one. We want your bid as a plan text pm, so no, a Google doc is not acceptable.

And, to your other point, I strongly discourage you from posting your proposal publicly prior to the final announcement. Obviously I cannot stop you from doing so, but I cannot imagine the committee will look favorably upon anyone who doesn't adhere to the rules as laid out here. I'm sorry if you don't like them, and it is your decision whether or not to follow them, but they are the rules of this process.

I hope you understand the position we are in. We want this process to be as fair and impartial as possible. The best way to do that is to standardize the submission process and keep the bids confidential. This will make the job of the committee much easier.

spacemt354

Chili's
Space, I'm going to put my foot down on this one. We want your bid as a plan text pm, so no, a Google doc is not acceptable.

And, to your other point, I strongly discourage you from posting your proposal publicly prior to the final announcement. Obviously I cannot stop you from doing so, but I cannot imagine the committee will look favorably upon anyone who doesn't adhere to the rules as laid out here. I'm sorry if you don't like them, and it is your decision whether or not to follow them, but they are the rules of this process.

I hope you understand the position we are in. We want this process to be as fair and impartial as possible. The best way to do that is to standardize the submission process and keep the bids confidential. This will make the job of the committee much easier.
Not being allowed to post in addition to/or separate from the comp proposal PM wasn't in the rules above, which was why I was asking.

I don't have an issue with it. I was just asking a few questions.

LittleGiants16

Not being allowed to post in addition to/or separate from the comp proposal PM wasn't in the rules above, which was why I was asking.

I don't have an issue with it. I was just asking a few questions.
I appreciate your understanding. I just wanted everything to be crystal clear, not just for you, but for everyone.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It's a loooooooonnnnnngggg story, you don't want to know. :p I wasn't even a member at the time and even I say that we shouldn't bring that up again. :D;)
giphy.gif

Matt7187

TAFI Announcement/Update
On behalf of the 2015 TAFI Conversationalists, we welcome you to an exciting announcement!

After we posted the tier system a few weeks back and received the feedback of everyone, we decided to tweak it and add to it in order to improve it. Here's what we came up with:

NOTE: ALL OF THIS IS FOR THE 2016 ICS SEASON ONLY. THIS WILL GO INTO EFFECT JANUARY 1, 2016. THE REST OF THE 2015 ICS SEASON WILL GO AS PLANNED.

Tiers
The bottom two Tiers (3 and 4) have been scrapped in order to compensate for an easier to understand and less complicated schedule. The schedule for 2016 will be as follows:

Tier 1-
January through March
April through May
June through August
September through November
December - E8

Tier 2-
Mid-February through End-March
Mid-July through End- August
Mid-October through End-November

Proposing A Competition/Selection Committee

In order to host a competition, you must submit a proposal to the three member committee made up of three members that do not desire to host in the next ICS season. If you desire to submit a concept to the committee, you do not have to have competed an ICS competition, but it is recommended. Also, you must pledge that you will be fully committed to your time as a host. These proposals should include the following:

-A Name of your competition
-Competition Format
-Ideal Maximum number of contestants*
-Ideal Tier*
-Any judges or co-hosts?
-Ideal Time Frame*
-Explain why your competition would be unique and fresh

*Indicates that this is a preference and that the committee can change this preference in order to fit the competition into the schedule.

IMPORTANT:
Your submission should be solely text-based. No fancy videos or complicated websites. Only text and and photos such as a logo will be allowed. If you include any of these items, they will be ignored and your submission will be reviewed solely off information not included in these formats.

This submission must be sent in a PM including all three members of the committee.
The committee members are:
@LittleGiants16
TBD
TBD​

Competition concept submissions will be due on August 15, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST. Any late submissions will be disqualified and any super early submission will be sent back with the request that they be fleshed out more. Anything submitted within two weeks before the due date will be fine, but we recommend you spend as much time as possible fleshing out your idea.

The committee will review any and all submissions and will announce the official 2016 ICS schedule on September 1, 2015 at 9:00 PM EST.

If you have any questions comments or concerns, please ask here in the Town Hall or to the committee. We'd love to hear your feedback!​
If there is still a slot available in the committee, I would be interested in joining it.

RMichael21

TAFI - 2015 ICS STANDINGS (July, 2015 Update)

With the conclusion of The Creator Games!, it's time for another update to the ICS rankings! So far, it's been a great first half of the 2015 ICS Season and we hope to see everyone on this list (and new competitors as well) compete in the remaining few competitions of the year, all leading up to the exciting ICS Tournament II in December where the 2015 Imagineering Champion will be crowned. Some things to look forward to in the future:
@jdmdisney99 's The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season Three
@Matt7187 's The Choice
ICS Tournament II (Elite Eight)

We're proud to say that a total of 24 different people have competed in either The Sole Imagineer or The Creator Games or even both! The following standings are a combination of the final standings of The Sole Imagineer and The Creator Games. After each remaining competition this year, the final standings will be added into these rankings.

1. @tcool - 24 points
2. @TheOriginalTiki - 23 points
3. @IDInstitute - 21 points
4. @RMichael21 - 18 points
5. @JokersWild - 16 points
6. @DisneyPrincess1993 - 15 points
7. @Matt7187 - 14 points
8T. @Vipraa - 13 points
8T. @orlando678- - 13 points
10. @jdmdisney99 - 9 points
11T. @spacemt354 - 8 points
11T. @Zweiland - 8 points
11T. @ctxak98 - 8 points
11T. @InfiniteRightEar97 - 8 points
15T. @MCParradox - 7 points
15T. @LittleGiants16 - 7 points
17T. @englanddg - 6 points
17T. @Sam4D23- 6 points
19. @MA Screamin' - 3.5 Points
20T. @Brer Panther - 3 points
20T. @JoseLorenzo - 3 points
20T. @Darth_Disney - 3 points
23T. @Aaron O - 1 point
23T. @ScorpionX - 1 point
24. @Flippin'Flounder - 0 points

However, don't fret. Just because you may be on the bottom of the list doesn't mean that you can't work your way up the rankings! Also, if you're near the top, don't get to comfortable, as someone could easily take you spot away with lighting speed.​

Last edited:

Zweiland

As I was reading about timezones in the SA thread, I decided that we should probably make an official TAFI/ICS timezone. With 8 comps next year, every host won't be eastern anymore. Just a thought.
I think we've agreed in the past that the standard timezone for due dates will be EST.

That's what I used when hosting Elite Eight, and I'm not in Eastern time.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
I would like to suggest that the conversationalists keep the website up to date with things like comps and the ICS standings. I feel like the website has a lot of potential, but it is sort of neglected and not used at all. Also, @jdmdisney99 I suggest that you update your signature to link to the new website instead of the old one.
Agreed. :D

Major site update upcoming, please bear with me.

LittleGiants16

Guys,

Greetings from the Veneto. I wanted to sit down and write you all a little something to aid in your competitions bids. As you know, we're less than a month away from the bid submission deadline. I hope, despite everything going on with SA, you are all keeping this deadline in mind.

Now, I'd like to explain the scheduling process a bit further. I'd like all bids to be submitted in the form of a standard PM entitled "(Your Name)'s Competition Bid" so as to keep the process easier on my end. I'm fully expecting at least ten to twelve bids, so I'm going to need as much help from all of you as possible to keep things straight.

Write as much as you please in your pm, because I'll read every word. But, be mindful that length does not indicate quality, as there is an art to brevity. You may include a few pictures if you'd like, but please keep the number at no more than five. I don't know why you would need pictures in the first place, but who knows.

Feel free to let me in on any details you feel comfortable giving. These bids will remain confidential between myself and those who submit them. The other Conversationalists won't be reading them at any point (hence the reason for the pm). If you feel letting me in on a major twist in the game would help your chances, tell me. If you think you can make a compelling case without that piece of information, then withhold it. It's entirely your call. I would, however, encourage you to include as much detail as possible. I want to be able to envision how the seven scheduled competitions will look next year when this process is over. Details will help with that.

Ultimately, your goal should be to make the most compelling case possible that you are the best choice to fill your desired competition slot. It's kind of like writing your college application essay or a law school personal statement, as the goal is to stand out from the crowd and make me want to include you. There will be more very strong applications than there are slots for next year's schedule, and we won't be able to include all of the competitions that intrigue me into the ICS for next year. Always remember that none of this is personal. Absolutely none of it.

Now, I'm sure some of you are wondering whether I have complete say over the schedule, and the answer is no, I do not. I will receive all the bids and make a mock schedule; that's step one. Then, I'll take this schedule to the Conversationalists for an up or down vote with no amendments. If the first draft passes, then that's the ICS schedule for the next year. If not, then I go back to the drawing board.

I hope this process doesn't seem too punitive. It certainly is not intended to be. It's simply designed to ensure that myself and the other Conversationalists can make the best schedule possible in light of the high number of people who want to host. Thanks for reading, and feel free to post any questions you have in this thread. It's likely that other's have the same concerns.

Thanks again, everyone. Arrivederci.

- LG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom