TAFI Town Hall

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Challenge One: Sponsor this: Disney has decided it needs more Sponsorship, come up with a proposal that Sponsors will love. Suggestions: VerizonLand, Tower of Sprint, Amazons Rockin Roller Coaster.
A kitch goofball challenge could be fun, actually.

I mean, when you think about it, none of those ideas are any worse than taking a B-level daytime talk show host / comedian and slapping her into a ride that has to do with energy.

Voxel

President of Progress City
A kitch goofball challenge could be fun, actually.

I mean, when you think about it, none of those ideas are any worse than taking a B-level daytime talk show host / comedian and slapping her into a ride that has to do with energy.
Hahaha, and nothing is scarier then Tower of Comcast, anyone who has spent time on the phone with them know it. :D

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Tower of Comcast
It already exists...
Comcast-Center.jpg

:eek:

Sam Magic

Challenge One: Sponsor this: Disney has decided it needs more Sponsorship, come up with a proposal that Sponsors will love. Suggestions: VerizonLand, Tower of Sprint, Amazons Rockin Roller Coaster.
GM Land; Join General Motors for an exciting journey through the Detroit of 2060!

RMichael21

Here's those set of questions for the "newbie" tread. Sorry it took so long, I either forgot about it, procrastinated or was super busy. :pWell, here is is:

*Required (Not technically, but strongly recommended)

Questions/Prompts Everyone (New Members, Long Time Members, Lurkers, Anyone Else) Answer:
  • Tell everyone about yourself (Can either be general or specifics)*
  • When did you start liking Disney?*
  • Have you ever been to any theme parks or amusement parks (including Disney)?*
  • If so, which ones?
  • What's one thing you criticize Disney for?*
  • What's one thing you compliment Disney on?*
  • What's your favorite Disney movie?*
  • What's your favorite Disney attraction?
  • Who's your favorite Imagineer?*
Questions New Members and Lurkers Answer:
  • How did you find out about WDWMagic's Imagineering section?*
  • What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've come up with? (General)
  • What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've seen someone else come up with? (General)
  • Who's one current or past Imagineer on this forum that you look up to or admire?
  • Have you been a bystander of any of the ICS Competitions?*
  • If so, which was your favorite to watch?
  • Do you think you will participate in any future ICS Competitions?*
  • Do you predict that you will add to or create an open brainstorming thread?*
  • What's one thing you're excited for when it comes to participating in Imagineering?*
Questions for Longtime Members:

• What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've seen someone else come up with? (General)
  • Who's one current or past Imagineer on this forum that you look up to or admire?
  • Have you participated in any ICS competitions?
  • If so, which ones?
  • What's one thing you're excited for in the future?

Anyways, do you think that these are good? If any of you guys have questions to add, take away or edit, please feel free to do so.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Here's those set of questions for the "newbie" tread. Sorry it took so long, I either forgot about it, procrastinated or was super busy. :pWell, here is is:

Questions/Prompts Everyone (New Members, Long Time Members, Lurkers, Anyone Else) Answer:
  • If so, which ones?
  • What's one thing you're excited for when it comes to participating in Imagineering?*

• If so, which ones?

Anyways, do you think that these are good? If any of you guys have questions to add, take away or edit, please feel free to do so.
I think they are good. When do you think a thread for this will be created.

JokersWild

• If so, which ones?

• If so, which ones?

I have no problems with these questions. I think they're ready for an actual thread.

RMichael21

TAFI Announcement/Update
On behalf of the 2015 TAFI Conversationalists, we welcome you to an exciting announcement!

After we posted the tier system a few weeks back and received the feedback of everyone, we decided to tweak it and add to it in order to improve it. Here's what we came up with:

NOTE: ALL OF THIS IS FOR THE 2016 ICS SEASON ONLY. THIS WILL GO INTO EFFECT JANUARY 1, 2016. THE REST OF THE 2015 ICS SEASON WILL GO AS PLANNED.

Tiers
The bottom two Tiers (3 and 4) have been scrapped in order to compensate for an easier to understand and less complicated schedule. The schedule for 2016 will be as follows:

Tier 1-
January through March
April through May
June through August
September through November
December - E8

Tier 2-
Mid-February through End-March
Mid-July through End- August
Mid-October through End-November

Proposing A Competition/Selection Committee

In order to host a competition, you must submit a proposal to the one member committee made up of three members that do not desire to host in the next ICS season. If you desire to submit a concept to the committee, you do not have to have competed an ICS competition, but it is recommended. Also, you must pledge that you will be fully committed to your time as a host. These proposals should include the following:

-A Name of your competition
-Competition Format
-Ideal Maximum number of contestants*
-Ideal Tier*
-Any judges or co-hosts?
-Ideal Time Frame*
-Explain why your competition would be unique and fresh

*Indicates that this is a preference and that the committee can change this preference in order to fit the competition into the schedule.

IMPORTANT:
Your submission should be solely text-based. No fancy videos or complicated websites. Only text and and photos such as a logo will be allowed. If you include any of these items, they will be ignored and your submission will be reviewed solely off information not included in these formats.

This submission must be sent in a PM including the committee.
The committee is made up of:
@LittleGiants16

Competition concept submissions will be due on August 15, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST. Any late submissions will be disqualified and any super early submission will be sent back with the request that they be fleshed out more. Anything submitted within two weeks before the due date will be fine, but we recommend you spend as much time as possible fleshing out your idea.

The committee will review any and all submissions and will announce the official 2016 ICS schedule on September 1, 2015 at 9:00 PM EST.

If you have any questions comments or concerns, please ask here in the Town Hall or to the committee. We'd love to hear your feedback!​

Last edited:

LittleGiants16

Just to reiterate some of what RM said, I'd like to see pm's between the three of us on the committee and who ever is submitting your proposal (be they solo or joint proposals). It will help us to expedite the process. No websites, because I won't visit them. No videos, because I won't watch them. Just good, old fashioned words on a page. It'll help to make the comparisons across proposals easier.

And, just so everyone knows, the standby comps (SA, TSI, and SYWTBAI) do not have a pass on this. They're all submitting proposals same as anyone else. No one has an advantage here, people. I'll make sure of that. As far as I'm concerned, this is a meritocracy, and thats not about to change on my watch.

spacemt354

Chili's
@RMichael21 just two clarification questions if I could.

Regarding the "fleshed out" proposal, since we are given a month+ to submit it, if we already have a proposal in mind, should we wait till the beginning of August to submit it? I'm just unsure whether the long due date is designated to ensure the proposals are detailed, encyclopedia length, or something similar to your post above.

Also is there a way that we can post the competition proposals here in TAFI Town Hall as well as the PM? Because if I want my proposal to look neat and organized, sometimes the narrow text window of the pm makes it look less organized.

Thanks!

RMichael21

@RMichael21 just two clarification questions if I could.

Regarding the "fleshed out" proposal, since we are given a month+ to submit it, if we already have a proposal in mind, should we wait till the beginning of August to submit it? I'm just unsure whether the long due date is designated to ensure the proposals are detailed, encyclopedia length, or something similar to your post above.

Also is there a way that we can post the competition proposals here in TAFI Town Hall as well as the PM? Because if I want my proposal to look neat and organized, sometimes the narrow text window of the pm makes it look less organized.

Thanks!
By fleshed out, we mean everything that we need to know and everything you want us to know is there. If you believe that you're done, wait until August, but I want you to keep working on it until then.

No, it must be submitted in a PM. We want everything to be confidential so no one is embarrassed if their competition isn't selected and we don't want everyone to feel pressured to post it here as well. But, let me get a final answer from the conversationalists.

And may I add: NO SPOILERS to the competition in your submission. Don't include twists or anything of that sort. We want to be surprised.

LittleGiants16

By fleshed out, we mean everything that we need to know and everything you want us to know is there. If you believe that you're done, wait until August, but I want you to keep working on it until then.

No, it must be submitted in a PM. We want everything to be confidential so no one is embarrassed if their competition isn't selected and we don't want everyone to feel pressured to post it here as well. But, let me get a final answer from the conversationalists.

And may I add: NO SPOILERS to the competition in your submission. Don't include twists or anything of that sort. We want to be surprised.
Agreed. This. Yes.

spacemt354

Chili's

Well I wouldn't be embarrassed if it didn't get selected. What if I posted a draft in another thread just to get the general community's feedback and gauge their interest level? While still submitting the final proposal in a PM -- would a google doc be acceptable?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom