T-Rex Aquarium at Downtown Disney Ruptured Today

MerlinTheGoat

Where is that? It looks familiar but I just can't recall.......
It's a picture of the Living Seas at EPCOT before Disney redid the pavilion with Finding Nemo. It still had the old "Seabase Alpha" theme back then. That in particular is a picture of the hydrolator. It was a room you entered that served as a "transition" from the surface to the deep sea. It was actually a clever little illusion though (you actually weren't moving any, it was just a room that gave the illusion of an elevator by making the floor vibrate and some small tanks of water surrounding you to simulate descent). Kind of like WDW's version of Haunted Mansion where the stretching room doesn't actually serve as a real elevator (Disneyland's does I know but WDW's does not).

If the tanks ruptured there, I doubt much bad would happen. It was a simple effect and likely wouldn't have been as big of a mess as a huge aquarium shattering. Nowhere near as creepy as the thought of that shark tunnel rupturing as you're walking through it.

Last edited:

SoupBone

It's a picture of the Living Seas at EPCOT before Disney redid the pavilion with Finding Nemo. It still had the old "Seabase Alpha" theme back then. That in particular is a picture of the hydrolator. It was a room you entered that served as a "transition" from the surface to the deep sea. It was actually a clever little illusion though (you actually weren't moving any, it was just a room that gave the illusion of an elevator by making the floor vibrate and some small tanks of water surrounding you to simulate descent). Kind of like WDW's version of Haunted Mansion where the stretching room doesn't actually serve as a real elevator (Disneyland's does I know but WDW's does not).

If the tanks ruptured there, I doubt much bad would happen. It was a simple effect and likely wouldn't have been as big of a mess as a huge aquarium shattering. Nowhere near as creepy as the thought of that shark tunnel rupturing as you're walking through it.

You're lying. It would have been scarier than any one of us could imagine.

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes....The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

DManRightHere

2942866114image.JPG

This seems terrifying to me now.

They use much thicker acrylic :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom