T-Rex Aquarium at Downtown Disney Ruptured Today

Cesar R M

The answer is simple. All these years I believed the bus driver when he told me that the monorail was going to be extended to Downtown Disney. The temper tantrums of thousands of Disney fans all at once realizing that it's all been a lie is why the aquarium exploded.

Their un-sympathetic vibrations if you will.
its time-traveling karma!

mm121

Yep, they do take care of their stuff. We have had a Rainforest up here for almost a couple decades and you'd never know it. Still looks new.

Nope, haven't heard. I guess it depends on how custom that tank was and how long it will take to ship it from where ever.

i'd say it can most likely just be fixed and doesn't require replacement, though to fix it properly it will need to be taken apart and the rebuilt, which i'm not sure is something that can be done on site or not, though most likely it can, but will have to be done over the course of a few nights

Cesar R M

i'd say it can most likely just be fixed and doesn't require replacement, though to fix it properly it will need to be taken apart and the rebuilt, which i'm not sure is something that can be done on site or not, though most likely it can, but will have to be done over the course of a few nights
wouldn't it just be easier for them to replace the glass thing and put a new one?

mm121

wouldn't it just be easier for them to replace the glass thing and put a new one?

the new material would still have two seams that would be bonded together by the same process as simply repairing it, the deciding factor would most likely be purely aesthetics if the current glass is scratched on the outside, etc.

Cesar R M

the new material would still have two seams that would be bonded together by the same process as simply repairing it, the deciding factor would most likely be purely aesthetics if the current glass is scratched on the outside, etc.
They could always be proactive, buy a single piece glass instead of 2 glued together.
so the issue of the seams breaking will never happen again!

dstrawn9889

they don't make "shapes". they make sheet acrylic that is heated and formed into place. and if they were doing it right that break would have never happened... but they went for the most clrear viewing area instead of the strongest bond. overlapping the layers for plexi would have made a much stronger seam, but then there is a blurry area over several inches on either side of the 'seam', the way it looks like it was done was a butt seam-- all the layers ended at the same point

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom