Swiss Family Treehouse closed for refurbishment 6th July 2016 - 24th September 2016.

Ripken10

I know WDW isn't your average park, I don't go there for thrills. The $$$ it cost to get into WDW is ridiculous and that's what I think annoys me about the Treehouse. I'm going for a DISNEY experience meaning I want to see 1 of 100's of recognizable characters that they have in their library and sorry the Swiss Family Robinson bunch doesn't even crack the top 500!! Sorry this attraction gets an F- in my book for a true "Disney" experience. If this was in any other park I would prob give it a pass, just not WDW, sorry I don't consider this A list material and a must see. Heck I don't even know if or when its open cause I never see anyone on it, that should tell you something about this attraction.
My nieces and nephews always love the treehouse.

seabreezept813

We never schedule in time for the treehouse. It's not that I don't like the movie or the concept, it's just that the Magic Kingdom has so much more to do. That being said, one year we might come across it and give it a try. Even never having gone through it, I appreciate it. It is classic Disney and I appreciate the visual of it as I run to Splash at rope drop. Maybe it's our egocentric society, but just because you don't enjoy something or prioritize it, doesn't mean it's not valuable to other people. The more things that are available to spread people out, should be a win-win because then there are less people in line for the experiences you want to do. The Magic Kingdom is the one park that is not short on experiences, and I hope in the future they stick to expansion and not closures. Of course if those expansions are thematically appropriate and tasteful.

Dizney Crew

Recap time.

Reasons to remove the Treehouse:
- new guy @Dizney Crew doesn't like it

Alright thanks for labeling me the "New Guy", LOL, I might be new to the boards but have been living in Central Florida for 35 yrs, so maybe its because of this that I'm just tired of seeing this attraction. If I only went to WDW once every 3-5 years it probably wouldn't bother me as much, and I might have a different perspective on it like some of ya'll have. But seeing what newer attractions every other Disney owned property around the world gets and we get nothing here at what is supposed to be their Crown Jewel of parks (Note: meaning in popularity, as I know Shanghai is prob the showcase park for new attractions), that is frustrating. And low cost of maint. to just have it there seems like a lousy excuse for keeping it.

Zipadeelady

My heart goes out to you that you find this gentle attraction boring and can only do it once or twice a year. For those of us who only get to WDW once every 2 or 3 or 5 years, it's a rather pleasant addition and a nostalgic reminder of our first visits to the park in the 70s and 80s.
Amen!

Bocabear

Why is there a mindset with management and fans that something must be removed for something to be added?
This!
It is true...can't the treehouse just be a lovely simple attraction and set piece? Why would they even think about removing it?...aside from the demo costing a fortune and forever ruining the jungle atmosphere in Adventureland...I don't care if everyone loves it...enough people do like it, and once again, they are not going to put in an amazing attraction in the small footprint this tree takes up...if they tear it out, they would replace it with a DVC booth and churro cart, or a wide place in the path to put yet another crappy Meet & Greet...

bhg469

This!
It is true...can't the treehouse just be a lovely simple attraction and set piece? Why would they even think about removing it?...aside from the demo costing a fortune and forever ruining the jungle atmosphere in Adventureland...I don't care if everyone loves it...enough people do like it, and once again, they are not going to put in an amazing attraction in the small footprint this tree takes up...if they tear it out, they would replace it with a DVC booth and churro cart, or a wide place in the path to put yet another crappy Meet & Greet...
The bocabear gets it! This times eleventybillion!!

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, July 23. A tropical photo overlay was added to the construction scrim around the Swiss Family Treehouse. Difficult to see in the photo, but the scaffolding goes up 3 stories above this construction scrim.

IMG_8159.JPG

tl77

Early on there were plans to add some kind of building between the Tree House and Crystal Palace, and now that there isn't any way to bring back something like the Swan Boats around the Tree House they could make use of that land... probably not this referb though
67_Inset.png

trampdog

It also underscores the desperation of modern audiences for constant stimuli. The whole conceit of the attraction is that it's essentially an open house tour of a highly unusual home. That's the both the concept and core appeal. Adding speical effects, buttons, flashing lights etc would ruin the feeling that this is a place where people live. It's the mistake Tarzan's Treehouse made by turning every room into a (mostly) static diroama.

^^^^THIS^^^^

Goodnight, I hope those who are sticking up for this attraction are in the minority of the general public, how many times can 1 person go through the tree house and still be entertained? I think once or twice a year is good for me, and that's only me going through hoping to see something new/renovated which is highly unlikely. The only thing I can think of that would make this attraction work is to just use the house as a queue line for something else, like say a new ride/attraction!!!

Not to be rude, but I would guess your age as <28.

Seabasealpha1

I think it would be interesting if they integrated some MagicBand tech into it. Tap a band here, the organ plays; tap a band here, a drawer opens with interesting objects inside. Maybe they could provide treasure maps of activator locations? I dunno.

On the other hand, I've always like the peacefulness of the tree at night. Hardly anyone checks it out anymore and I enjoy going up there and just hanging out looking out over the MK all lit up.
Unless you don't have a magicband...

elchippo

It's a classic! Hooray for getting some love, People complain about "how many times can you really go through this and not be tired of it?" but to them I say "how many times are people willing to stand in line and get their picture taken with a teenage girl dressed like a cartoon character and not be tired of it?"

And while the need for constant stimuli in today's society IS annoying, theTreehouse is a perfect attraction that might benefit from some interactive elements like those they are putting into extended queues. Hopefully nothing too hokey, but it could maybe be an added layer of appeal?

StarshipDisney

Personally I wish they could reopen it early like they did Flying Fish. I hate that during my September vacation this attraction, Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Dinosaur will all be closed. We had to make special plans on the last day so that we can catch "it's a small world" that is also coming out of refurbishment. But I guess whenever you plan to go you must always miss out on something.

BWK05

I enjoy the simplicity of this attraction, It actually takes me back to my childhood when the movie took me on an amazing adventure....which is exactly what Disney does for so many adults. My kids didn't get it till we watched the movie and read the book...yes I read the book to my children when they were young and their imagination could fill in all the adventure. For those who don't like keep walking past it just like I do to the attractions I don't care about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom