SWAGS new effects and other things

RAXIP

I get it though, they need to find a way to operate this show when they keep SW land and TS land open at night and I'm guessing the fireworks currently present challenges with that. Also wondering if they want to press the timeline on the construction which means late night work back there, and not a clear zone.
The fireworks do not affect the SWL & TSL sites. That was the point of moving the fireworks launch site across World Drive and out of the park.

bclane

We were just there this past Monday and while I did notice the new flame effects and other touches, I commented to my family that I thought some of the launchers must have failed because there was so much less fireworks than the last time we were there. Now I know that wasn't the case. I'm wondering if they are having to use some of this shows shells for HEA until they get that show's inventory fully stocked up. I saw HEA Thursday night for the second time and this time I was completely blown away by it. The first time I saw it there was almost no wind or maybe it was blowing back at the castle so that it was completely covered in smoke which really messed up the projections. Having seen it again, I finally get why people are losing their minds over it. It is a FANTASTIC, mind blowing show. I just hope this change to my beloved Star Wars fireworks is temporary.

RSoxNo1

The drought is over and the "moderate dryness" is over approximately now.
23260590.jpg

YodaMan

Anyone who has been to Studios this summer can tell that attendance is way, way, way down. I'd assume it's budget cuts more than anything.

Kman101

Anyone who has been to Studios this summer can tell that attendance is way, way, way down. I'd assume it's budget cuts more than anything.

How does budget cuts relate to attendance? Just wondering what you meant by that (not saying you're wrong, just wondering how it relates) ... because seeing pictures on Twitter the last two days, it seems Epcot wasn't very busy either

Clearly those two parks need the investments they're getting, and sooner than years from now but they can't put things up overnight ... lol

YodaMan

How does budget cuts relate to attendance? Just wondering what you meant by that (not saying you're wrong, just wondering how it relates) ... because seeing pictures on Twitter the last two days, it seems Epcot wasn't very busy either

Clearly those two parks need the investments they're getting, and sooner than years from now but they can't put things up overnight ... lol

Less guests in the park = less money being spent. So they can save money on lost revenue by cutting operational spending. Like by using less fireworks in SWAGS.

Next Big Thing

Less guests in the park = less money being spent. So they can save money on lost revenue by cutting operational spending. Like by using less fireworks in SWAGS.
I think you're reaching.

There's no one at DHS because it's the worst major theme park (Disney or Universal) in the world. Plain and simple.

And Martin has already explained multiple times why the fireworks were reduced. Brush fires and debris falling on World Drive.

Kman101

I think you're reaching.

There's no one at DHS because it's the worst major theme park (Disney or Universal) in the world. Plain and simple.

And Martin has already explained multiple times why the fireworks were reduced. Brush fires and debris falling on World Drive.

Yep.

And seems like Epcot has been pretty empty the last few days too.

Pretty clear why these two parks need the investments they're getting (they needed them years ago to be honest)

ToTBellHop

Perhaps the company is actually concerned over pollution coming from the increase in pyrotechnics the last few years, which has been dramatic. Bob Iger sporadically cares about this matter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom