SWAGS new effects and other things

Next Big Thing

Eh.... I think that title may still belong to WDS Paris.
Maybe.

DHS doesn't have a lot of rides, but the rides it does have are really good. It also has shows to eat up the day (of course 4 of them are 20+ years old). You can put together a solid day at DHS still if you try, but imo it's the more disappointing park because WDW was supposed to have the "blessing of size" and here we sit 28 years later and the park only has 5 rides, potentially 4 come this fall.

WDS at least has Rat, better RNRC (imo), ToT, Crush's Coaster, CineMagiqe, BLT, LMA, Animation, Toy Story Land (as fugly as it is), etc.

WDSP isn't great at all nor is it cohesive, but I think if they were side by side and you could go to both parks back-to-back, WDSP would be the more enjoyable park in the current state of both parks.

UpAllNight

Perhaps the company is actually concerned over pollution coming from the increase in pyrotechnics the last few years, which has been dramatic. Bob Iger sporadically cares about this matter.

If so then maybe he can sporadically care about the toxic fumes that spew out of the speedway for all to inhale in the worlds busiest theme park.....or the hundreds of busses Used to shuttle people around.

Tavernacle12

Maybe.

DHS doesn't have a lot of rides, but the rides it does have are really good. It also has shows to eat up the day (of course 4 of them are 20+ years old). You can put together a solid day at DHS still if you try, but imo it's the more disappointing park because WDW was supposed to have the "blessing of size" and here we sit 28 years later and the park only has 5 rides, potentially 4 come this fall.

WDS at least has Rat, better RNRC (imo), ToT, Crush's Coaster, CineMagiqe, BLT, LMA, Animation, Toy Story Land (as fugly as it is), etc.

WDSP isn't great at all nor is it cohesive, but I think if they were side by side and you could go to both parks back-to-back, WDSP would be the more enjoyable park in the current state of both parks.

It'd be a close call either way. I'd choose WDSP just based on having never been there, but once that novelty runs down I'm not sure which of the two I'd go with. I 'think' I might agree with you about WDSP (at least until Star Wars Land), but it comes down to Star Tours versus Ratatouille, since both have ToT and RNRC. I think both are somewhat even otherwise. Both are half day parks you could make full day parks if you wanted, but you may enjoy going to the Castle park again instead.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Perhaps the company is actually concerned over pollution coming from the increase in pyrotechnics the last few years, which has been dramatic. Bob Iger sporadically cares about this matter.

Bob Iger spradically cares about a lot of things - unfortunately nothing consistent enough to matter.

FullSailDan

Well.. finally saw the redacted version of SWAGS last night.... won't be going back. I wasnt the only one in the crowd that was bored either. The fire spouts dont really fill in the spots of the show that originally called for fireworks. It's a shame because it really was an awesome show, now, it's only slightly more entertaining than the projection show they do prior to it. Fingers crossed for some upgrades when they can again.

Disone

Well.. finally saw the redacted version of SWAGS last night.... won't be going back. I wasnt the only one in the crowd that was bored either. The fire spouts dont really fill in the spots of the show that originally called for fireworks. It's a shame because it really was an awesome show, now, it's only slightly more entertaining than the projection show they do prior to it. Fingers crossed for some upgrades when they can again.
Sadly I agree, I think they watered it down too much. It's probably in response to Reedy Creek's request to alleviate the brush fires comma but I think with the constant rains now they could probably go back to the original show. In its current format this Galactic spectacular just isn't that spectacular.

Disney-Trains

Any news on this? I Saw the show this week and it was very sad. The little high level pyro they did do might as well be cut at this point (all comets and a few small shells).

Wondering if Jingle Bam will be able to use the launch site?

Daveeeeed

Eh.... I think that title may still belong to WDS Paris.
100% of the time HWS has been superior, except for the span GMR will be closed until Grand Avenue/Toy Story Land. The reason I say that is because all of the shows are also outdated while WDS just got a fantastic new show. Aesthetically HWS still wins, but for how much time you can spend in the park (besides the double night show at HWS) it is truly now a hand toss for which you'd prefer. That's crazy to even discuss as 6 months ago it still wasn't close. Until Grand Avenue opens, HWS probably is the slightly inferior park. When that opens though, it will probably be superior again.

To be fair, WDS has always sucked but has never looked better, while HWS is in its worse state in its existence. Otherwise, there is still no comparison.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
100% of the time HWS has been superior, except for the span GMR will be closed until Grand Avenue/Toy Story Land. The reason I say that is because all of the shows are also outdated while WDS just got a fantastic new show. Aesthetically HWS still wins, but for how much time you can spend in the park (besides the double night show at HWS) it is truly now a hand toss for which you'd prefer. That's crazy to even discuss as 6 months ago it still wasn't close. Until Grand Avenue opens, HWS probably is the slightly inferior park. When that opens though, it will probably be superior again.

To be fair, WDS has always sucked but has never looked better, while HWS is in its worse state in its existence. Otherwise, there is still no comparison.
Grand Avenue? It's just a short stretch of road.

Daveeeeed

Grand Avenue? It's just a short stretch of road.
More Aesthetics. I realize this, but both parks are tiny. Aesthetics go a long way when the park you are comparing it to has virtually zero. IMO. And if not Grand Avenue then until Toy Story Land opens. In the meantime, I never thought I would say this simply because WDS is hideous, but if HWS only has 4 rides and outdated shows, it's hard not to call it the worst Disney park.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
If so then maybe he can sporadically care about the toxic fumes that spew out of the speedway for all to inhale in the worlds busiest theme park.....or the hundreds of busses Used to shuttle people around.

Right! Which is why they announced new monorai.... oh buckets & disneyuber? Uh... okay..

Bolt

Any news on this? I Saw the show this week and it was very sad. The little high level pyro they did do might as well be cut at this point (all comets and a few small shells).

Wondering if Jingle Bam will be able to use the launch site?
Not sure what you're referring to as the launch site. The launch site from two years ago no longer exists and all major pyro is launched across World Drive now.

Disney-Trains

Well... I was referring to "the launch site" that Jingle Bam used last year, which is the current launch site that apparently cannot be used for larger shells at the current time.

Since the old site no longer exists, I was not referencing that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom