Survivor: Game Changers - Mamanuca Islands

PUSH

I'm an old school fan. Guaranteed Mr. Push, with the exception of Aubrey, you and I are rooting for polar opposite players. Doesn't make me right or you wrong ....

Yeah, okay. It kind of does. ;)
Aubry is one of the players I'd like to most sit down and have a chat with. I'd love to meet her.

EDIT - Also, I forgot to add her in my favorite females list.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Aubry is one of the players I'd like to most sit down and have a chat with. I'd love to meet her.

EDIT - Also, I forgot to add her in my favorite females list.
Crap, I cannot spell anyone's name right tonight.

It was a very long day at work. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

PUSH

Crap, I cannot spell anyone's name right tonight.

It was a very long day at work. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.
I also have a good memory when it comes to spelling. Putting names to faces is challenging at times, but I'm very good with remembering the spellings.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I also have a good memory when it comes to spelling. Putting names to faces is challenging at times, but I'm very good with remembering the spellings.
I have been typing out East Indian and Sri Lankan names all day - some exceeding 20 characters in length. I'm lucky to spell my own name correctly right now. Good thing my user name is a good hint.

Last edited:

Tick Tock

It would be difficult for me to think of my top 20...50...as there are so many greats in the game. But if I had to pick my top-5 favorites for best player, it'd probably be something like:

1. Boston Rob
2. Terry Deitz
3. Parvati Shallow
4. Cirie Fields
5. Tina Wesson

(With an honorable mention of Sandra Diaz. While her arrogance can get annoying, there is no denying her success in the game is impressive.)

PUSH

Interesting to see everyone's take on who the best players are. Just goes to show anyone can win because each jury member is looking for different things. My thoughts have always been in line with the bloggers and podcasters - Rob Cesternino, Dalton Ross, Gordon Holmes, etc. And that's something I'd love to do... blog or podcast about Survivor.

Tick Tock

Interesting to see everyone's take on who the best players are. Just goes to show anyone can win because each jury member is looking for different things. My thoughts have always been in line with the bloggers and podcasters - Rob Cesternino, Dalton Ross, Gordon Holmes, etc. And that's something I'd love to do... blog or podcast about Survivor.
You'd be good at it with your knowledge of the game & it's history.

I suppose I could have been more specific as to why I picked those 5 as my top-best list.

Boston Rob: I'll just let his history & legacy in the game speak for itself. He brilliantly captured all three key aspects of the game (Outplay, Outlast, Outsmart) like no other.

Terry Deitz: I probably could rank him as a tie with Boston Rob for the #1 spot of all-time greats, due to his performance in Panama. I guess the reason I inched Rob just a tad above Terry is due to the fact that Rob seemed to master the "Outsmart" factor of the game a bit better. Terry struggled some in persuading others to vote his way at times, and take out threats such as Aras when they should have. But other than that one setback, he is by far one of the best to ever play the game (imo). Not only would he have SMOKED Aras & Danielle in the final vote had that season gone with a final 3 rather than a final 2 (the only thing which prevented him from winning that season), but he did it all without backstabbing, betraying....and he also had so much going against him numbers-wise. There has never been as big of a target as the one he carried on his back that season. Yet he CRUSHED it during challenges in epic fashion, and took it almost to the very end. The immunity idol he had in his back pocket most of the game was practically useless, as the only luck he needed came from his own success during each challenge. I have nothing but the up most respect for his game, his integrity, his service to this country, and his character. In the game of Survivor, he is my personal all-time hero.

Parvati Shallow: Gorgeous, cunning, sneaky yet likable, strong, and successful in the game. What more to say? She made it work when it counted.

Cirie Fields: Another shoulda-won contestant who only lost due to one of her seasons going to a final 2 for the last vote rather than a final 3. Brilliant in strategy, very likable, and very strong.

Tina Wesson: Season 2 speaks for itself.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think Boston rob has shown it in all aspects of the game... and again under the microscope when brought back. He is not the player of landing in good circumstance like I think some of the other have been.

RMichael21

Original Poster
One of my all-time favorites is Spencer Bledsoe. Even though Jeremy far more deserved it than Spencer, I still found every way to say how Spencer got robbed. I started watching in Caramoan, and Spencer was my first real hardcore rooting interest. Parvati is my favorite female, but I also really like Kim, Natalie Anderson, Wenworth and Andrea. Laura Morett is an underrated player, too.

A really obscure Survivor that I really liked during his season was Spencer Duhm... maybe I just have a thing for Spencers. :p
I started watching about a third of the way into Blood vs. Water, so my first full season was Cagayan. I rooted hardcore for Spencer (and to a lesser extent Tasha) that season. Unfortunately, Spencer got arrogant towards the end and Tasha was a floater so my opinions of them have been diminished.

PUSH

Because I can, here's a run-down of my top 5:

1. Parvati - One of the best social, physical and strategic threats Survivor has ever seen. She's known for flirting, but she has been behind some of the best strategic plays ever: the Ozzy vote, she was part of the Erik blindside, and what many consider the best strategic move of all-time, two idols played for Jerri and Sandra. She constructed one of the strongest alliances ever, and one of the first successful females alliances - the Black Widow Brigade. Her social game is great, as she plays an aggressive, cutthroat game, but she manages to have strong enough relationships to get votes at the end. Her physical game is underrated, as she is phenomenal in endurance challenges - including beating Rupert when they needed to send him home.

2. Sandra - Two-time winner. Her first two games were "anyone but me", and that worked beautifully with the players she was working with. She knew nobody would vote for Russell in HvV, so she tolerated him all the way to the win. In Game Changers, she knew her "anyone but me" strategy would get her booted very early. So instead she took control of the game, and the only reason she was voted out was because of a lopsided tribe swap.

3. Rob - His work in All-Stars is brilliant, but his game was further along than Survivor had evolved at that point, costing him the game. He's cutthroat, but still manages to earn respect from fellow castaways. He's the best male ever when combining physical, social and strategic gameplay. No man has ever had a better combination than Rob. He sits at three because while his strategy was very effective in Redemption Island, his competition was not at a high level.

4. Kim - Kim challenges Parvati and Boston Rob as the best blend of social, physical and strategic gameplay. Like Rob, she controlled her season. She dominated challenges, she controlled every vote, and she is one of the most charming players to ever play the game. Her strategic gameplay was subtle, but she had everybody wanting to work with her and believing they could beat her. She sits at 4 only because we only have one season as a sample size, and some have knocked her for playing with lesser competition. Although she aligned with the better players in Sabrina and Chelsea, and took out the one person gunning for her - Troyzan - as soon as possible.

5. Tony - Tony was without a doubt the most reckless player to ever win. He was in many alliances and did unconventional things in order to further his game. Lying about the special idol's powers was one of the best strategic moves ever, as it really got him to the end. He had strong allies to lessen the blow when he blindsided weaker alliances he was in. He convinced Woo to take him to the end, even though Woo had no chance of beating him, and hands-down would have beaten Kass. His knack for finding idols was incredible. It's almost like he took Russell's playing style and tweaked it in order to make it work.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Because I can, here's a run-down of my top 5:

1. Parvati - One of the best social, physical and strategic threats Survivor has ever seen. She's known for flirting, but she has been behind some of the best strategic plays ever: the Ozzy vote, she was part of the Erik blindside, and what many consider the best strategic move of all-time, two idols played for Jerri and Sandra. She constructed one of the strongest alliances ever, and one of the first successful females alliances - the Black Widow Brigade. Her social game is great, as she plays an aggressive, cutthroat game, but she manages to have strong enough relationships to get votes at the end. Her physical game is underrated, as she is phenomenal in endurance challenges - including beating Rupert when they needed to send him home.

2. Sandra - Two-time winner. Her first two games were "anyone but me", and that worked beautifully with the players she was working with. She knew nobody would vote for Russell in HvV, so she tolerated him all the way to the win. In Game Changers, she knew her "anyone but me" strategy would get her booted very early. So instead she took control of the game, and the only reason she was voted out was because of a lopsided tribe swap.

3. Rob - His work in All-Stars is brilliant, but his game was further along than Survivor had evolved at that point, costing him the game. He's cutthroat, but still manages to earn respect from fellow castaways. He's the best male ever when combining physical, social and strategic gameplay. No man has ever had a better combination than Rob. He sits at three because while his strategy was very effective in Redemption Island, his competition was not at a high level.

4. Kim - Kim challenges Parvati and Boston Rob as the best blend of social, physical and strategic gameplay. Like Rob, she controlled her season. She dominated challenges, she controlled every vote, and she is one of the most charming players to ever play the game. Her strategic gameplay was subtle, but she had everybody wanting to work with her and believing they could beat her. She sits at 4 only because we only have one season as a sample size, and some have knocked her for playing with lesser competition. Although she aligned with the better players in Sabrina and Chelsea, and took out the one person gunning for her - Troyzan - as soon as possible.

5. Tony - Tony was without a doubt the most reckless player to ever win. He was in many alliances and did unconventional things in order to further his game. Lying about the special idol's powers was one of the best strategic moves ever, as it really got him to the end. He had strong allies to lessen the blow when he blindsided weaker alliances he was in. He convinced Woo to take him to the end, even though Woo had no chance of beating him, and hands-down would have beaten Kass. His knack for finding idols was incredible. It's almost like he took Russell's playing style and tweaked it in order to make it work.
I don't agree, but the "like" is for the effort you put forth. Even if you are wrong. ;)

Tick Tock

3. Rob -
He's the best male ever when combining physical, social and strategic gameplay. No man has ever had a better combination than Rob.
^This right here is the one reason I ranked Rob just above Terry on my list. While Terry excelled in the physical & social aspects in Panama, he didn't really have much opportunity to use strategic moves in his favor, as every day he had to play like his continuation in the game was on life support (and given the numbers against him after the merge...it certainly was!) He did try a few times to turn the tables, but Shane had such a grip & influence on his leftover tribe (while under performing at all other aspects of that season) that it was pretty much useless to try to break that up. So Terry's only option was to win 'til the end. And he would have...had that season gone down to a final 3. :mad::(

PUSH

^This right here is the one reason I ranked Rob just above Terry on my list. While Terry excelled in the physical & social aspects in Panama, he didn't really have much opportunity to use strategic moves in his favor, as every day he had to play like his continuation in the game was on life support (and given the numbers against him after the merge...it certainly was!) He did try a few times to turn the tables, but Shane had such a grip & influence on his leftover tribe (while under performing at all other aspects of that season) that it was pretty much useless to try to break that up. So Terry's only option was to win 'til the end. And he would have...had that season gone down to a final 3. :mad::(
I remember rooting hard for Terry that season. And stupid me didn't connect the fact that Aras was going to win - even though I had seen Blood vs Water before Panama. I'm surprised it took until Cambodia for the producers to cast him again. Aside from Aras, Terry, Shane and Cirie, I really don't remember a whole lot about that season. I might have to go back and rewatch a bunch of the old seasons this summer that I can't remember too well.

Tick Tock

I remember rooting hard for Terry that season. And stupid me didn't connect the fact that Aras was going to win - even though I had seen Blood vs Water before Panama. I'm surprised it took until Cambodia for the producers to cast him again. Aside from Aras, Terry, Shane and Cirie, I really don't remember a whole lot about that season. I might have to go back and rewatch a bunch of the old seasons this summer that I can't remember too well.
It was a good one.

Oh, and what's this about you aligning with @JenniferS ?? You clearly told me and @NYwdwfan we were going to the final 3 earlier. You can mark my words I will certainly be making quite the fuss about this at tonight's tribal.

PUSH

It was a good one.

Oh, and what's this about you aligning with @JenniferS ?? You clearly told me and @NYwdwfan we were going to the final 3 earlier. You can mark my words I will certainly be making quite the fuss about this at tonight's tribal.
*pulls out my idol with special powers*

You tell me if you want to risk it. But let's think logically. @NYwdwfan blamed @JenniferS for eating all the sugar, and the entire jury believes her! Now we know that it wasn't really Jennifer, because we ate it, but nobody is going to vote for her after she betrayed the tribe's stomachs like that. It's a no brainer. We vote out NYwdwfan, and we can attack Jennifer at the final Tribal with her sugar antics. Then it leaves one of us as the winner. Whoever wins deserves it. What do you say?

Little does Batman know, I'm also planning to pull out my sob story, which will totally get me sympathy votes, along with the million dollars and title of Sole Survivor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom