Survivor: Cagayan

Lucky

One thing I'd disagree with Spencer on a little bit (this applies to Cochran too among others from past seasons) is how much luck matters. Some of these contestants especially the more successful ones seem to think that every good thing that happens to someone means they must have made a good decision, and similarly for bad things that happen. Sometimes you just get put on the right tribe or wrong tribe, or a key challenge at a key time just happens to require skills you have or don't have. I don't know if there's anything else Spencer could have done except win every immunity challenge. Sure, Tony played a great game but Spencer gave him a little too much credit, IMO.

PUSH

One thing I'd disagree with Spencer on a little bit (this applies to Cochran too among others from past seasons) is how much luck matters. Some of these contestants especially the more successful ones seem to think that every good thing that happens to someone means they must have made a good decision, and similarly for bad things that happen. Sometimes you just get put on the right tribe or wrong tribe, or a key challenge at a key time just happens to require skills you have or don't have. I don't know if there's anything else Spencer could have done except win every immunity challenge. Sure, Tony played a great game but Spencer gave him a little too much credit, IMO.
I agree with this. Tony said it in his interview with Gordon Holmes that was posted above. He said the Woo thing was luck. Spencer and Cochran are both die-hard Survivor lovers. They have analyzed the game so much, and everything to them has a reason and action behind it. Luck is a huge factor, especially early on in the game when alliances start to form. While Tony played a great game, he also got lucky with the Kass flip. Without that, he probably would've been gone long ago.

PUSH

Here's a reunion picture of the most dysfunctional tribe in Survivor history!

BoQtohvIcAA4Mq-.jpg

NYwdwfan

JT is one of my all time favorites. Dude chipped a tooth preventing someone from scoring in a challenge. Loved him.

I hate it when someone is a favorite of mine the first time they play and then I can't stand them the next time (Stefanie - from the worst tribe ever that actually spent a night BY HERSELF because everyone else was voted out is one that comes to mind!)

PUSH

Hey @PUSH - I just checked and my library has DVDs of Survivor seasons - maybe yours does too!
I found one YouTube channel a month or so ago that has a few seasons on it. The problem is, they're just random seasons, and I'd kind of like to watch them in order.

Also I can see myself watching an entire season within the span of a couple days. This might not be good.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I found one YouTube channel a month or so ago that has a few seasons on it. The problem is, they're just random seasons, and I'd kind of like to watch them in order.

Also I can see myself watching an entire season within the span of a couple days. This might not be good.
You need an Android tv box. Best $150 I've spent in a while.

Foolish Mortal

Here's a reunion picture of the most dysfunctional tribe in Survivor history!

BoQtohvIcAA4Mq-.jpg

Um, where is Spencers Left hand ?

As for the show, I'm glad Tony won. He did what he needed to do to ultimately win. Glad the jury didn't give the usual rhetoric about lying and not being honorable. You all got outplayed and outwitted.

Has Jeff lost his freaking mind that he would have the nuclear nimrod back ?

GenerationX

Interesting finale, great season. Spencer made the best argument possible to convince Tony to keep him. Tony knew, however (as we all did), that Spencer in the final two or three would = Big Spencer Win. Tony one-upped that smart move with another one: revealing his bluff about the secret idol to get "game strategy" votes. Tony's trifecta was complete with his appeal to Woo's sense of honor. NO other argument would've worked.

As someone who has watched every show of every season, I can tell you that no strategy can ever ensure someone a win. The way you play increases (or decreases) your odds of winning. Tony's moves positioned him to absorb more counter strategies and more bad luck than someone just drifting through the game. Not a guarantee, though.

Blood vs. Water II will have a difficult time topping the tearful daughter forced to vote her mom out to improve her chances. One of the top three Survivor moments ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom