Star Wars Theme Park Attractions to be Based on New Films

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What if the new films :cautious: (dare I say it), suck? :eek:

Lot's of people though episodes 1-3 sucked yet they still made 100's of millions of dollars.

Probably supported by the fact that in that linked article Iger mentions Star Wars 8.

At which point they will say "we just wanted to wait to see what was going to be in the NEXT movies, now are going to start designing.", repeat ad infinitum.

DManRightHere

I don't see any problem with that....

the question is, when does that 4 years start. ;)

I was hoping construction would start soon with all the changes at HS. I just read the article and according to it (if it is true) the imagineering was discontinued until they knew what will be in Star Wars 8...so much for 4 years.

PhotoDave219

I seem to recall saying that VERY few things have been greenlighted at DHS, The cuts were to reduce cost is all.

Allow me to clarify: the concept that any new Star Wars attractions at DHS will be Only based on new attractions is correct.

Should it be greenlit (and I think it will be) it won't open before 2019/2020.

Does that clarify any?

Edit: further clarification.....

So what I was told many many months ago is that the thing holding up SW at DHS was that they wanted some of the land to be based off the new movies. Now whether that changed to being entirely based off of the new movies, I don't know. Based on iger's comments, it may be. It may be. It may not be.

Either way two things we can take away from this: attractions based on a movie that's still a year out will be coming AND we're looking at 19/20 as an opening date. Roughly.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom